Dynadot

offers Should I accept $1250 for 123/commerce dawtcom?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
123/commerce dawtcom

Buyer offered $250, I told him it's too low, He said he's in a startup phase, I showed him the previous sale from NameBio, domain was being used by previous owners for web development business.

123/commerce dotcom 2,500 USD 2015-11-24 Uniregistry

After few weeks buyer came with $1250 offer. What should be the asking price for this domain? I can find no other buyers and if I let this buyer go I may have to wait for a long time before another offer. Should I accept or ask for more? Please advise.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I have not analyzed the past sales in the niche, but my gut feeling would be to agree with the others and say take the money.

•••
"Take The Money And Run"
-
Steve Miller

•••
It’s a decent domain, if you are thinking $1250, push for $1500, and take a step back, they will come back.

•••
try to make it net & take it.

•••
•••
123/commerce dawtcom

Buyer offered $250, I told him it's too low, He said he's in a startup phase, I showed him the previous sale from NameBio, domain was being used by previous owners for web development business.

After few weeks buyer came with $1250 offer. What should be the asking price for this domain? I can find no other buyers and if I let this buyer go I may have to wait for a long time before another offer. Should I accept or ask for more? Please advise.

Thanks!

Let me guess.....

For you $1,250 is a lot of money.

For that reason only.... take the deal

•••
take it and build up your portfolio

•••
I would try to push the buyer at least once and see if he increases the offer. If not, I would accept the offer.

•••
I would try to push the buyer at least once and see if he increases the offer. If not, I would accept the offer.
@Haris already done it, from $250 first offer up to $1250 second offer, it already upgrade the risk of the buyer leaving...

•••
@Haris already done it, from $250 first offer up to $1250 second offer, it already upgrade the risk of the buyer leaving...

Since the buyer came again itself, I would've taken the risk of trying to up the offer and see...

•••
I wouldn't even push it, I would take that $1250 offer and RUN!
(y)
glws let us know how it turns out

•••
•••
just pull the I have considered the 1250 and can accept if you cover the fees I will incurr of xxx, I have sent the now total counter of 1xxx for your acceptance. wishing you great success with the venture. .... etc...

A- gets you higher value
B- lets them feel you accepted their offer in a way

•••
I believe that $1250 it's still a considerable amount to sell but if you are not in hurry & don't have any fear to lose the sell than counter something around $1650 to 1700.

Only my 2 cent

Last edited:
•••
Take the money and buy something that has a larger target audience. It is 4L and can sell for more but unless you can find what it abbreviates for you have no leads. You have enough yes votes to make a decision. If you like a gamble you can push but my bet if they won't pay the $2500 they wont budge from $1250. Your negotiation has forced you to discount.

You need to control the negotiation. The real problem is how the numbers are handled. The moment you meet someone half way you show your prepared to drop your pants right away. Ever tried taking only $50 off the price? Counter their $250 with $2450. Tell them you already considered their objections in your pricing model. Every new site is a start up so does everyone get a discount?

Last edited:
•••
Take it and fly. Here is an alternative. That person might be negotiating for someone else. So he may offered 1250 to you, but offered 5000 to the actual buyer. You can say, I'm not sure, but I would certainly take 2000, and create a landing page with 2000 Bin price after one day. Then he goes back to the buyer and say 8000 would be accepted, and then the actual buyer may visit the domain, and see that the actual price is 2000, and buy directly or using a different broker; or the middleman can still buy for 2000 and make profit. That way middleman gap can be closed a little bit. In general if there is an offer, and you prefer higher price you can add BIN price to a make offer listing, and this may create some pressure on broker or buyer. I say all these, but I don't do such things myself, because I never ever receive any offer by email, my emails never receive any response. This means I'm stuck with 1 percent sale rate.

•••
I would say $1750 and its yours, if he rejects it, take the $1250

$250 up to $1250 is a decent jump so he wants the name

If you really need the cash right now, just take the money

•••
I second the opinions offered here. Take it run :)

And don't forget to let us know what happens next!

•••
123/commerce dawtcom

Thanks!

Take it and move on to the next

•••
•••
75920320.jpg

•••
If you want to increase price your reply should be; "you are just around my reserve price, as per your amount increase I guess you are pretty serious in acquiring it so raise your amount a little bit to match my reserve of (xxxx)? So we should finalise the deal. Thanks" otherwise take the money and close it rightaway :)

Last edited:
•••
Back