NameSilo

Your advise please, should I accept the 5k counter offer?

Labeled as offers in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by Mukhtar, May 21, 2019.

Replies:
37
Views:
1,553

  1. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11
    Hi,

    I need your advise regarding my case.

    I have one of my domains listed on Sedo long time ago. Few years ago I have set my desired price to 1,999$. After that I have received many low $xxx offers outside Sedo, I had forgot to adjust my desired price since that time. Few weeks ago I have missed an offer of 1,999$, but fortunately the buyer sent it again after the 7 days ended.

    I have noticed the second offer and found that a Sedo agent has sent me an email on the same day of the first offer saying that a potential buyer has offered 19,999$ for my domain. It seems a mistake in the email that he added addition 9 to the 1,999$ that the buyer has offered, however I removed my desired price and replied to him that I am sorry for the late response and I am OK with the 19,999$, but he didn't reply to my email so I just waited for the second offer to end and sent a counter offer of 19,999, the buyer didn't respond to the offer until it ended, I then send a new offer 14,999 saying that my price is negotiable.

    Finally and immediately after I sent the offer the buyer responded with 5k saying that it is his final offer. Now it is almost 4 weeks since the first offer and 4 days since the final offer, I have tried to contact many expected buyers and get the domain appraisal value.


    Kindly advice whether I should accept the offer now, wait for the last day hoping that he or other buyer will send a higher offer, or push the domain to the auction for another 7 days.
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ategy.com

    Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    3,893
    Likes Received:
    11,774
    First it's very important to keep in mind that everybody's opinion is effectively uniformed and useless without knowing the exact domain in question.

    However .. basing the quality of the domain on your initial $1,999 pricing, then it seems like it should be an easy decision to accept the 5k offer.

    I'm not sure why we never hear of offers being pushed to auction by domain investors? Seems it's a bit tacky or in bad taste to have the best offer you received wait an extra week. It's also important to remember that while an offer is theoretically a binding contract .. it really isn't enforceable ... or at least not in a way that would make financial sense to you for a $5k domain.

    Have you tried calling Sedo? With my last $x,xxx sale with them they were very slow to respond to my communications .. but everything worked out in the end.

    So I suggest you do 3 things:

    1- Call/contact Sedo
    2- Listen to my advice
    3- Forget everyone's advice (including my own), because any pricing recommendation without knowing the exact domain is completely useless!
     
  3. phptechie

    phptechie Established Member

    Posts:
    45
    Likes Received:
    26
    @Mukhtar ,
    As said by Ategy , its difficult to evaluate or appraise a domain's worth without knowing the domain name :)

    But from your post , I understand that your first listed price was $1,999/- & now you got an offer for $5k , thats really a good deal.

    Take it if you feel if you wanted to offload the domain for this price or else if you feel it would fetch more , then go ahead for auction.

    There is a saying that "Known devil is better than an Unknown Angel" :)

    So decide wisely & act accordingly.

    All the best !!
     
  4. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    941
    Likes Received:
    1,459
    This reads like a no-brainer, You would have happily sold for just under $2k now your asking should you accept a $5k final offer. take the money before the potential buyer gets wind of your confused state of mind and lowers his offer
     
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  5. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11
    Thanks Ategy for your prompt response.

    The domain name is q/u /e /e /n/b /e .com
     
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    941
    Likes Received:
    1,459
    A bit of advice stick a / slash between each letter, to avoid this post getting indexed by google, you've got time to edit
     
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  7. phptechie

    phptechie Established Member

    Posts:
    45
    Likes Received:
    26
    Pray to god that the potential buyer who offered $5k for this domain , doesn't see this discussion thread here in Namepros :)

    As mentioned by @BaileyUK , add slash to the letters
     
  8. wwwweb

    wwwweb Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    9,251
    Likes Received:
    7,860
    Mukhtar, if you are from India, that $5k gives you a lot of buying power, more so than in North America, or Europe, don’t be stupid, take the offer, and rinse, and repeat.

    Who made the offer Beyoncé?
     
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  9. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11

    Thanks Bailey I have adjusted it.
     
  10. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    941
    Likes Received:
    1,459
    Well we can see by your joining date you've been asleep for over two years. Now wake-up and smell the coffee.
     
  11. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11
    Although I am not new in the domain industry, but I did't spent enough time on it. Am I right that sedo offers are binding for 7 days, could you please Ategy explain more what do you mean by theoretically binding
     
  12. Ategy.com

    Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    3,893
    Likes Received:
    11,774
    If the domain ends with ____b/e.com then definitely take the 5k.
    If the domain ends with ____b/e/e.com then ask for more!

    All that said .. I'd still try to contact Sedo to see if the $19,999 was indeed a typo.


    Yes bids and offers are theoretically binding for 7 days.

    But I say theoretically because if someone created a fake account and has no intention of paying, Sedo can't really do much about it. Even if it was a real buyer who changed his mind and refuses to pay, Sedo can't force them to give them a credit card number. You'd need to go to court .. and I'm pretty sure such an action would not be worth the time and money for a $5k domain.
     
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  13. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11
    Unfortunately it is one e :)
     
  14. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11

    I think the $19,999 is typo because Sedo agent sent at the same time I received the offer and ther buyer didn't respond to it when I offer it again, and the 5k offer sent by the buyer saying that this is his final offer.
     
  15. 4pm

    4pm user VIP

    Posts:
    3,050
    Likes Received:
    2,305
    have you contacted a cosmetics company that owns the .net?

    if it's them who made the offer - sell, they are probably the only serious buyer for this name in the whole world... at lest as of now
     
  16. wwwweb

    wwwweb Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    9,251
    Likes Received:
    7,860
    Well in order to make a $19k offer, the buyer needs next level certification, so they would be a heavy hitter.
     
  17. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11
    Thanks @wwwweb , When this level starts, the buyer is an old Sedo buyer with moderate transactions, he seems to be a broker for someone.
     
  18. wwwweb

    wwwweb Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    9,251
    Likes Received:
    7,860
    Yes, maybe for a celebrity
     
  19. frank-germany

    frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    6,373
    Likes Received:
    7,500
    if the broker told you they have a $19.999 USD offer
    they mean it

    you spoiled it

    must be worth
    at least 50K
     
  20. bashariqbal

    bashariqbal Established Member

    Posts:
    498
    Likes Received:
    266
    Yes, you should accept the counter. Probably .net owners are the only one which would be interested in this name at that price.
     
  21. xynames

    xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

    Posts:
    3,199
    Likes Received:
    5,376
    $5k is plenty for that domain. Queenbe could be misconstrued to be pronounced as queen beh. Which sounds terrible. Also forever this domain and queenbee will be confused with each other with people mostly landing on the bee version because queen bee is the proper and typical phrase for those two words next to each other.

    Anyway, $5k is good.
     
  22. lock

    lock Traffic.tools VIP

    Posts:
    2,527
    Likes Received:
    2,340
    Well you missed out on the 20k which would have been real if you closed the deal then. The guy got wind in meantime perhaps ended up asking friends for advice because you gave him time to talk research etc. They may have found you actually had it 2k. You countered at 15k you should have only clarified he received your 20k offer rather than dropping 25% of your price without reason and your going to be even more negotiable. You turned your domain customer into a domain shopper you have option of taking the 5k which is 2x more than your asking price as you ignored the 20k now with 5k on table and firm I will say he will pull out over another counter so you need to take this 5k or he will walk. This could have gone up even and not down for you if you chose a different path of negotiation.
     
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  23. owntype

    owntype Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    3,484
    Likes Received:
    1,889
    I'm the owner of QueenBee dotcom and I received your marketing email yesterday.
    Congrats on the $5k offer.
    I can share the highest offer for QueenBee was $65k, and I would say $5k for QueenBe is a good offer unless the buyer has some better thoughts about branding their services.

    Good luck with your sale.
     
  24. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11

    The broker told me by email, but he did not get back again
     
  25. Domjet

    Domjet Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    29
    Likes Received:
    11
    No I did not missed it out, as the 19,999$ was not a binding offer it was only email from a sedo agent and he did not reply back when I agreed
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:

Share This Page

NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...