NameSilo

Received an offer $3000, should i accept or wait?

Labeled as offers in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by elmoney, Jun 7, 2019.

Replies:
73
Views:
3,744

  1. MapleDots

    MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

    Posts:
    4,923
    Likes Received:
    9,908
    This is the correct advice

    A cosmetic company wants your domain?

    Let them run on .co and after a couple of years raise your price to 25k.

    If they are successful they will come a knocking... they always do.

    PS. Personally I would not sell it under 25k period.
    I would also not finance it or any of those games, I would tell them if they cannot afford it to run on the .co until they have saved their pennies. MInd you this advice is for me because I don't depend on the money so if you do then I would at least hold to 10k.
     
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. iGreen

    iGreen Established Member

    Posts:
    251
    Likes Received:
    142
    Stick to $ 7.5K and if they don't agrees, advice them politely to proceed for dot co.
    If they go with dot co, then raise the price to $25K.
    (All these advices are OK if you don't need money urgently)
     
  3. YairDD

    YairDD Established Member

    Posts:
    365
    Likes Received:
    792
    Any update?
     
  4. elmoney

    elmoney Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,040
    Likes Received:
    2,396
    Buyer said that will buy .Co at GoDaddy's marketplace for $3000
     
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  5. YairDD

    YairDD Established Member

    Posts:
    365
    Likes Received:
    792
    .CO is at $1,200 on Undeveloped.com.
     
  6. elmoney

    elmoney Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,040
    Likes Received:
    2,396
    I see, this domain listed at GoDaddy for 3000, May be a buyer trust GoDaddy, or will buy another domain
     
  7. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,699
    Likes Received:
    3,461
    I would not sweat it @elmoney. He will understand the error of his ways. When he does I would raise the price.
     
  8. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,699
    Likes Received:
    3,461
    If it’s listed at GoDaddy for exactly the price he offered the co person is on this forum.
     
  9. MS-Domains

    MS-Domains Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,522
    Likes Received:
    2,881
    Sorry OP, they are not experienced enough to understand the future value your domain can get them.

    Nice domain, will sell eventually.
     
  10. Mister Funsky

    Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,125
    Likes Received:
    7,883
    First thing to do is send them a 'final' email wishing them the best with their new project and if, in the future, they want to reach out to you again, tell them to feel free to do so. Make it short and sweet but leave the door open.

    Next step is to raise your asking price to 20k with minimum offer of 7.5k. Either he/she will come back in the future (I assure you he/she will notice) or someone else will spot the name. If they are willing to 'supposedly' spend that much for a .co without engaging your counter offers he/she does not understand the value of a .com or it is another domain investor.
     
  11. DomainRecap

    DomainRecap Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,725
    Likes Received:
    1,481
    Obvious newbie negotiating tactic, so don't fall for that crap. You own the .COM of a name that is in use by multiple cosmetic entities, so eventually someone will buy it and take it off the market for a long time.

    You have the power, so don't listen to threats like this, and just wish them well in their future endeavors.

    I bet within 3 months they'll be back, or someone else will.
     
  12. DomainRecap

    DomainRecap Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,725
    Likes Received:
    1,481
    I was thinking the same thing, and this could easily be a broker with a set buyer in hand, negotiating to get the lowest price he or she can.

    I really don't understand if it's actually the company in question negotiating, why they are balking at $9K when there are same-named competitors swimming all over the internet.
     
  13. Jason76

    Jason76 Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    80
    Likes Received:
    25
    Around 7K is the retail value, but he might want a quicker sale. Anyway, for a quick sale - $3000 is actually only one step below the 7K - which is pretty lucky.
     
  14. frank-germany

    frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    6,377
    Likes Received:
    7,503
    I would ask $30K USD a least

    just today I have seen a local

    royal cosmetics

    shop in my home town
     
  15. elmoney

    elmoney Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,040
    Likes Received:
    2,396
    First parking sale lander - Uniregistry:
    received 28 offers/28potential buyers.
    Now parked at Undeveloped, before received 6 offers/buyers, this buyer is 7th.
    Offers range was 500-2500 at Unireg, my counter was 6000-9000, all offers and counter offers was rejected
    Undeveloped offers range same, 500-3000.
     
  16. sasadem

    sasadem Established Member

    Posts:
    73
    Likes Received:
    5
  17. legendarynames

    legendarynames Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    109
    Likes Received:
    401
    I would ask $40k and would not settle for less. And I would sell it.

    If they stick to the .co that's to your benefit, not theirs.

    Are you still unsure if you should sell for $3k? Don't - I'll give you $4k right now for it (and I think you shouldn't sell).
     
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  18. EASYPICKINGS

    EASYPICKINGS Established Member

    Posts:
    337
    Likes Received:
    77
    Why doesn’t he just get royalcosmetics.one or .top or .xyz or .fidkenfkckdmdnfkck
     
  19. DomainRecap

    DomainRecap Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,725
    Likes Received:
    1,481
    Because they suck next to the .COM.
     
  20. EASYPICKINGS

    EASYPICKINGS Established Member

    Posts:
    337
    Likes Received:
    77
    Why are they not as good as a .com? Im curious why you think that besides saying people may not trust it was much.
     
  21. DomainRecap

    DomainRecap Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,725
    Likes Received:
    1,481
    Because it's plainly evident - the prospective buyer just offered $3K for the .COM when other extensions are available for registration cost.
     
  22. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,699
    Likes Received:
    3,461
    This is not retail vale dude. That is the wholesale value.
     
  23. 4better

    4better Established Domainer VIP

    Posts:
    2,593
    Likes Received:
    3,940
    Having a good domain, you won't really get a very nice price if you easily accede to a buyer's smart tactics. If brave enough to face the consequences, one needs to be firm and rigid enough to get the best and highest price possible.
     
  24. gipson

    gipson Next Domain Market VIP

    Posts:
    1,718
    Likes Received:
    2,072
    3000 is cheap
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:

Share This Page

NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...