NameSilo

Received an offer $3000, should i accept or wait?

Labeled as offers in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by elmoney, Jun 7, 2019.

Replies:
73
Views:
3,544

  1. elmoney

    elmoney Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,040
    Likes Received:
    2,393
    Domain name: Royal*Cosmetics in com
    Received a first offer $2000, buyer's final offer $3000, buyer also is aiming to negotiate for an alternative (.co extension) in case the .com cannot be secured.

    What do you advice, accept $3k? Before, i have many offers in range low xxxx

    Thanks
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,671
    Likes Received:
    3,325
    Who is inquiring? GoDaddy says it’s worth almost 7K. That’s kind of a smarmy tactic to mention the co. Sounds like a domainer πŸ˜‚ Remove the name from your post

    I would ask for more but you do what is best for you
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. mAd MaX

    mAd MaX Established Member

    Posts:
    259
    Likes Received:
    270
  4. elmoney

    elmoney Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,040
    Likes Received:
    2,393
    Received an offer via Undeveloped.
    Domain also listed at Godaddy, Sedo etc.
    I do not own any similar .co
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  5. DomainBarracksRob

    DomainBarracksRob Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,265
    Likes Received:
    2,417
    Or it’s the the enduser ...using the other spelling β€œale” just google it! Same name but with the β€œe” ! Like karmaco said domainer or its these people!

    Just put a bin of 5-7k on the lander and leave it be.


    Or if you need the 3k now then just take it ..depends.
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  6. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,671
    Likes Received:
    3,325
    They are operating on name you mentioned plus USA/com
     
  7. Marco Alvarez

    Marco Alvarez Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    513
    Likes Received:
    38
    seems like there is a lot of sites with the name, I'd do 5k at least
     
  8. I would hold out for more unless you really need the money.

    I think the odds are in your favor that you could get more sometime in the near future.
     
  9. elmoney

    elmoney Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,040
    Likes Received:
    2,393
    Buyer from HongKong, my counter was 9K, but his max offer $3k or will choose another domain in 3K price range
     
  10. wwwulff

    wwwulff Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,699
    Likes Received:
    4,662
    I would wait or ask for a higher price, there are several possible buyers for the name
     
  11. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,671
    Likes Received:
    3,325
    I agree they are trying to strong arm him into less than half price
     
  12. karmaco

    karmaco Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,671
    Likes Received:
    3,325
    So let him choose the other name and hold onto it. I would have countered 10 K as we know godaddy is generally wholesale price

    If you need the money now disregard my advice
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  13. MS-Domains

    MS-Domains Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,505
    Likes Received:
    2,842
    I would sell it at $4,000 . If you counter with that, they'll probably consider it, its an extra thousand, thats all.

    Good luck
     
  14. jmaurya

    jmaurya Member VIP

    Posts:
    991
    Likes Received:
    472
    Accept offer..
    Otherwise start here auction $1 and bump, bump and sold $1. :)
     
  15. I think that name should eventually get between 5k to 7k if you can wait.
     
  16. Marco Alvarez

    Marco Alvarez Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    513
    Likes Received:
    38
    Honestly it comes down to weather you can wait or not. If you need the money to reinvest or whatever than take it but it is worth more if you can wait on it. If he does not want it its not for him. Seems like there is many potentially interested parties
     
  17. WatchDogue

    WatchDogue Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,952
    Likes Received:
    13,801
    Thats' a pretty good name although obviously somewhat limited in the pool of potential end-user buyers in a lucrative marketplace.

    And IMO while .co is a decent ext the opportunity to acquire the name in com is likely a one time chance for the buyer - would the buyer want a potential competitor with the com?

    That said it would seemingly be a name worth a bit more than 3k - might counter at 7500. or thereabouts and see what the buyer is willing to again offer.

    Also, thinking out loud, not asking, do you have " reg fees " in the name and most of 3k is profit or do you have more green in the name, hence acquisition cost and a 3k sale leave a smaller ROI.

    If as mentioned the money is an immediate need, make the deal and move on to the next sale.
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  18. DomainGuy86

    DomainGuy86 Established Member

    Posts:
    243
    Likes Received:
    119
  19. Jv1999

    Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

    Posts:
    2,446
    Likes Received:
    2,334
    even if you lose the sail, they'll obviously still buy it at 2k if you offer it a year later. so go big or go homeo!
     
  20. hookbox

    hookbox Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,361
    Likes Received:
    4,754
    The company inquiring about the domain is Royal Cosmetics from Japan. They right now use RoyalCosmeticsUSA.com. This company has over 250 million dollars per year in sales. Yes I wrote 250 million dollars. Hold out for whatever your highest counter is and wait. They don't want a .co for the U.S. market. They want what you have so hold out.

    Always do your research before giving out prices. They probably would have paid you 20 grand for it but unfortunately you already gave them a price.

    So much bad advice in this thread.
     
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  21. Jv1999

    Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

    Posts:
    2,446
    Likes Received:
    2,334

    are u sure they wouldn't choose the .co to be "progressive?" ;)

    i've had a lot of sails fall through because i thought the buyer was bluffing.

    That's what's so scary about this. High offer... u either walk away with 3k or 0. but yes like i said there's probably a likelihood they will still buy it for 2k in the event sail does not go thru
     
  22. hookbox

    hookbox Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,361
    Likes Received:
    4,754
    It's a total bluff. Any company that has a quarter of a BILLION dollars in sales isn't going to f*ck around with a .co. They want to become a major player in the U.S. market and know that RoyalCosmetics.co and the domain they use right now RoyalCosmeticsUSA.com are garbage. Even if they went for the .co I can promise you at some point in the next couple years they will be back to get the .com. Put a $25,000 price tag on it and just wait.
     
  23. Mister Funsky

    Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,092
    Likes Received:
    7,810
    Well, it is taken in at least 15 extensions...that's pretty strong...plus the name is classy and remember-able whether or not it is being used as an existing business.

    The bottom line is, do you need or want the money? I you have renewals due and/or some personal debts that need to be reduced, it may be an okay offer.

    All I can say is that if I had this name, it would be 7.5k at a min...with an asking price posted of 15k on the lander. But it is all relative to your situation and how many years you may have to sit on it before another strong offer comes in..just make sure it is a number you are sure you will never look back on and say 'wish I would have held out for...'
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:

Share This Page

NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...