IT.COM

offers Should I accept $1250 for 123/commerce dawtcom?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
123/commerce dawtcom

Buyer offered $250, I told him it's too low, He said he's in a startup phase, I showed him the previous sale from NameBio, domain was being used by previous owners for web development business.

123/commerce dotcom 2,500 USD 2015-11-24 Uniregistry

After few weeks buyer came with $1250 offer. What should be the asking price for this domain? I can find no other buyers and if I let this buyer go I may have to wait for a long time before another offer. Should I accept or ask for more? Please advise.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's only a so-so name, I personally don't even find it appealing, Further more, even with a counter of a couple of hundred more, the buyer may stall. If it was a name with reasonably wide appeal I would not hesitate to hold-out for a bit more. But in this instance I would put this one to bed and close it.

Maybe just ask for the buyer to pay any Escrow costs, or split any chargeable commission on the sale, if it wasn't a direct approach

Last edited:
•••
don't risk the sale for $200 USD

take it and relax

•••
No way the domain is really worth that much on the open market. Take the money and run.

•••
You hinted at an answer to your own question with your comment "I can find no other buyers and if I let this buyer go I may have to wait for a long time before another offer"

Take the $1250. Dont overthink.

•••
•••
•••
Believe it is a fair offer, take it and you both should be happy with the deal.

•••
•••
If its a hard to get domain you can push it harder.
Take it and invest some of your profit on few decent domains as some of the previous posters suggested.
All the best. Post how the deal went. We are waiting.

•••
@Haris

I wouldn't risk it, if I were you.

Startup founders are hard-pressed on time. I know as I am one myself. He/she/they might just go with another domain altogether. Then what? You are left empty-handed. You have admitted, you don't know of any "other buyers and if I let this buyer go I ay have you wait for a long time".

I will also add that this name isn't all that great. So if I were you, I'd accept the incoming offer, and use the funds to buy 1 real good domain in the aftermarket, or better yet, buy like a chunk of quality expired domains using the $1 NetSol promo code.

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I think 123/commerce is a strong brandable. I really like it. The average sale price at Brandbucket is around 3K, and your domain is better than most names listed there. I am not saying you shouldn't take the buyer's offer, but I am not sure why most people are pushing you in that direction. If you are patient and/or use the right sales channels, you can easily get more.

Last edited:
•••
Are you guys forgetting that the domain previously sold for 2.5K? That's a more reasonable sale price for this domain, although I could also see the domain selling for twice that (or more).

Last edited:
•••
People saying take the money and run :banghead::banghead:... No.

This is actually a good name IMO and I don't really like numbers in domains. I'd stay strong at whatever price you think it's worth. Personally I think anywhere from $2K to $5K is perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:
•••
I had tons of 123Word dot com names in the past, and not a single sale. With my experience I would probably grab the first offer.

•••
Its a nice brandable. But again its worth only as much as the buyer is able to pay for it. Since you mentioned, they are a startup which means they're short on cash and time but high on volatility and uncertainty, so consider those aspects too. My 2 cents is up the game a bit but accept the final price. Since they already quoted $1250, its not going below that anyway.

•••
I'd say it's a good brandable. But considering no other end users in sight, it's a good price to accept presently, if long term holding isn't a preference.

•••
I was offered $50 from the previous owner on one of my dot com domains. He said they run a small business in India and couldn’t afford anything more. I decided to counter it with 250 which was reasonable and they refused it straightaway. He went on registered two other non dot coms and lunching the site again. As I am quite new to this field, I find it hard to trust when the potential buyer say they are a start up or poor and can’t afford etc

Last edited:
•••
Can I assume you've accepted the offer already? Congratulations on your sale!

•••
Since he came back after a couple weeks fully knowing it previously sold for $2500 and offering exactly half of it, I'd try to increase one more time..
I'd take 1250

•••
Are you guys forgetting that the domain previously sold for 2.5K? That's a more reasonable sale price for this domain, although I could also see the domain selling for twice that (or more).

lately, I dropped a domain that before was sold for $5K

that doesn't tell you much about future sales

•••
Since they already quoted $1250, its not going below that anyway.
Huh. Can happen. "I was ready to pay 1250 a week ago, but now this and this expenses came, or i consulted with my partner, or whatever. So the max i can pay now is say 600. Take it or leave it". Happened once to me.

•••
•••
Take the money and run... Don't look back..

•••
•••
if the matter has been settled the thread should be closed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back