NameSilo

scammed by Neil Ramoss under name gayble

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
well i was one of the people lately got ripped by this guy i knew after that ,that he come again in different name and hosts to rip another peopel and go away with money he ripped me for 60$.

this guy is suspended form many site even namepros in here with name "Veolus" he scammed many people me in between

here some info about him

sites he used before to scam people

gayble.com(the happy host)
rantsforum.com
crazydevelopers.net

and he used some mails using the upper domains like [email protected] and [email protected]

and for info about him

name: Neil Ramoss

hope someone can benefit form this and save himself this ripper

goodluck to all

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How did he 'rip you off'?

•••
Gawd Not Neil i thought i had heard the last of him.

•••
I'll try and help you pm me all the details.

•••
Moved to "Warnings & Alerts", more fitting here than in the Programming IMHO ;)

•••
well i am a scripter i wanted a host or resseler, was searching for a resseler maybe for 30gb space and 600gb bandwdth and cheap as much as can be as most of us now think ..

i found a guy on invisionize pmed me saying he know a very good and reiable host (it turned out its him too as many asured me of that) ,so i went on this advice to gayble.com <Active link removed - Staff> ,it seemed good as its uptime and speed was good so i went over and posted a topic asking the specifications and my needs...they repleid fast and said they can offer it for 30$ which is an extraordinary good price fitting me so i went over and talked to him on msn and he was soo good with me and so i went in speed and bought two months and two domains from him i paid 60$ for the two months and 16$ for the domains..

first day all good , second day all day offline from msn , i was surprised why he went away but while going to my server found it starting getting slow ..i said its ok it happens cause also it is cheap but next day it is all day offline and so after it , after about 3 days it kept the whole day off ,

i sent them an email asking about it ,they replied after another 2 days that they upgrading cpanel (upgrading cpanel in 3days) ..i didn't bother much as said it is a one time but i was surprised that i found them removed the uptime and got another uptime and set again to 99,999

i felt bad about it but yet didn't know what to do , another 2 days passed i couldn't get into whm or cpanel system files mounted reached maximum ..again no trace of them i opened topics in their support site no one answered me and others also, we sent email noone answer ....and then kept like that for 3 days then it is as if the server is gone no errors or nothing just cannot find this page the normal error the server was gone ,gayble was gone , he was gone i didn't benefit except one day ,,,,,,,he took my money and ran away

i was told after that when saying to people that they also got ripped i was shocked and then i searched about him and found that he everywhile comeback with new host and new name and get some customers and get their money then sell the server asif it is new without considering those customers and voila they find themselve ripped .....

can anyone do anything about him ,when will he get stopped

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I guess we just need to make his name known and use only trusted server providers

•••
and who are trusted servers providers , if you know one tell me please

•••
Take a look at the hosting forums here at NamePros

•••
Well considering you went for the "cheap" side of the plan, not much can be said except it was rather expected. Time and time again, the webhosting discussions are filled with these posts; like miseria said, research before going somewhere, one guy saying it's good isn't enough. If in doubt, post here at NP. NamePros is also good for webhosting offers, but still be cautious about the "one-man" show ones, they might also not live up to your expectations.

I'm sure PayPal won't be much help, since it's an intangible item, and the scammers always win unfortunately... :td:

•••
thxs for your replies guys i preciate it much ,well right now i am searching for dedicated not more than 100$ per month ,maybe first month pay setup up to 20$ but that is my budget i went to see the hosting and saw all is just either vps dedicated or resselers , so any one by experiance can tell me where to head and also what to expect :)

thxs again

•••
Well I have neil on my msn list.. dunno why ive known him for quite some time not really as a friend but he's just there lmao

Anyways after he was banned from namepros and started his fully owned by him hosting business with no reseller account etc.. just a server I knew there was going to be trouble! as I own a hosting business myself I know how much knowledge etc.. is required to run a hosting business and neil well he is 14 or 15 I cant remember right now but anyways I talked to him about the server and he said its going to be great uptime etc.. because he runs it I asked if he knew linux he pretty much said no... at that point I was thinking "omg this is going to turn out bad I can see it now lol" I asked him what he is going to do if cpanel service goes down and he cant access whm to fix anything he said he would then get the server rebooted... which is done via ticket which can take upto 20 mins.. so anyways the whole point is he has no idea what he is doing, dont buy hosting from him ever! he is just like a 5 year old with a server he has no idea how to manage it so if something goes wrong say bye bye to your data.

•••
Ahh, I've seen him on some of the forums I go to. Tsk tsk another scammer!

•••
Gaybe spam on a lot of forums - glad they haven't gableized my site.

Before you order from a host and part with your cash, look at the following:
Does the site have any Google PR? NO: They are a new site. If intrested, then wait 'till a few TRUSTED sites link to them.
YES: Do their WHOIS details look correct, or do they hide them? NO: They've got something to hide. Be careful with this host.
YES: They are not afraid to post their details.
Does this host have any scam stories associated with them? YES: Keep right away.
NO: This host seems fine. But don't pay for more than a month in advance, in case they go offline.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
all your talk guys i correct and professional i am glade i joined namepros really i didn't know much about hosting thing or about present of such sites ,well anyway i am happy that i came here and happy with all your sharing and advices really i get such great benefits form your talk guys and i hope also you can show me the good companies as i want to get a dedicated server a good one with medium budget , thxs again for your support to all :)

•••
From Neil::

Hi everyone,

Yes, the server went down a couple of times at the start, but I'm pretty sure I already explained it to you, mohamed. One of the accounts hosted on the server was hosting
a vulnerable version of IPB, which unfortunately was exploited and in effect, they played around with the DNS settings, and that caused the downtime you experienced. However,
one of the staff at the DC was quick to rectify the problem. Actually, 80% of the downtime you've experienced are from script kiddies exploiting the server, thankfully, Mark from Equonix has hardened the servers security and we haven't had any downtime from hackers lately.

Recently the server experienced ongoing MySQL and cPanel errors which were caused from the server running out of HDD space, so I talked with Mark and purchased an additional 120GB to add to the server, around 3-4 days after all the errors. He eventually requested my root password so he could boot the server on the new hard drive, so I gave it to him.
A few days went past, I was getting really impatient as I really needed everything up, so I sent them a few emails saying how angry I was, but still no reply. Having angry customers was really the last thing on mind, midst all the ongoing problems I've been facing, I tried going on msn for 2 straight days just to wait for Mark to come online, and what did I gain from this? absolutely nothing, unfortunately.

To add onto all the problems there have been a few riots going on where I live, people running all over the streets, white supremists, really sad.. and my friend from school was bashed to death, so that was also a hard time for me. I really hope you understand.
I feel alot better now, and have been able to go on MSN, and check a few forums, but I'd just like to let you know that everything that has happened is completely unintentional. And about the riots in Sydney, feel free to search through ninemsn.com news and I'm sure you'll find it. Yes, as a webhost I do have responsibilities, but these riots came out of nowhere, and I'm not psychic, I never knew my friend would die.

I just want to let you, and all Gayble customers know that Gayble is not going down just yet, we are still hoping that Mark will return. From the time I've known him, he's always responded to support queries in a timely manner, just now he hasn't. Maybe it's because it's christmas? maybe he's sick? I have no idea, but I will try calling him through the number on the whois.

All data is still safe and secure on the server, we are only waiting on a reply from Equonix about all these problems.

For all customers, I would like to recommend contacting support through:
gayblesupport [at] hotmail.com

- Thanks,
Gayble Support

•••
scribby said:
All data is still safe and secure on the server, we are only waiting on a reply from Equonix about all these problems.

Hm... The guy doesn't know even how Equinix is spelled... :hehe:

•••
localpub said:
scribby said:

Hm... The guy doesn't know even how Equinix is spelled... :hehe:
Neil says(MSN)
NEIL said:
localpub, Equinix and Equonix are two different providers, feel free to visit equonix.com

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
Neil says(MSN):

localpub, Equinix and Equonix are two different providers, feel free to visit equonix.com

Talk about identity theft... ;)

Seriously though, I am sorry. Never realised there is also Equonix...

•••
so where are we in all this, i mean why isn't customers notified about this , i sent even emails and all i got is emails back with wrong mail url, something like you saying should first thing happen that either you return people money till you get a working server or to ask them to be patient and you will make it up for them , not to disappear like that you didn't show up except now when i made this post ,i mean yo never came online you say you were online on msn the last two days i were also online the last two weeks waiting for you to show up to know what happened ,which means you either was blocking customers or that you didn't get on msn as you say .

i have no tendency to wait more already a month now is ending and didn't benefit of the server a single day long , i am a coder i have jobs cause of what happened i lost many customers cause no boards to make mods on it ... so at least you could send us an email with sorry or telling in it about what happened to you ,most hosts do that even a little one hour downtime they send mails apologizing .

at last i paid two months for 60$ , i will give up my first month but second month i do require if you like you say have good intention to refund me 30$ for second month pay .

And just for records This topic i opened as last resort to do so you show up asi found lately that the server was totally removed or turned offline no errors just wrong page error so nothing was in my hands except that :(

so please refund me my 30$, my paypal is [email protected]

•••
NEIL::

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to inform you that we have NOT disappeared, we are still here, and all data is still on our old HDD. To all customers that have had to go through this downtime, we would like to offer you two methods of compensation:

1. Free month of hosting (If you choose to stay)
2. A full refund

Thankfully, I have received a few replies to all the emails I've been sending Mark the past few days, and he has told me that he has just came back from his holidays. I wasn't really impressed with what he had said, he could've at least told me so I wouldn't have wasted my time hopelessly trying to contact him.

Anyways, there was also a problem on his side, there was supposed to be staff taking care of the problems while he was gone, but they obviously haven't, which is what I'm angry about, so Mark has alot of screaming to do..

Nevertheless, I would just like to express how deeply sorry I am for all these recent issues, I really am.

NOTICE: GAYBLE CUSTOMERS

--============================================================--

Please contact Gayble Support at [email protected] with the accounts you wish to be restored.

The old HDD still has the data, we've tried EVERY method possible to move the data over to the new HD, this involves ghosting, slaving, and even booting, but the data just won't move. However, there is still hope for a few accounts, so if you've hosted a website you actually spent your time on, we would be happy to restore it for you.

--=============================================================--

•••
Ok i choose choice two please give me full refund of my two month i payed 60$ for two months please refund it ..and we will see then if you like you say coming again then we will look in returnng but for now i need full refund of 60$ to this account [email protected]

•••
hi all,

just want to confirm my refund of 30$ from Neil Ramoss regarding the dropdown in server they had on gayble....

my problem solved no more scam , this can be closed

:thxs to all :)

•••
i know he advertises his host as the happy host but his site doesnt work

•••
Fkrule said:
i know he advertises his host as the happy host but his site doesnt work

Not surprising, since happyhost.com nameservers are:

Name Server: NS1.HAPPYHOST.COM.NS-NOT-IN-SERVICE.COM
Name Server: NS2.HAPPYHOST.COM.NS-NOT-IN-SERVICE.COM

:lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back