NameSilo

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi @Sav.com , perhaps you might want to look into a glitch on the backorder reminder via email:

Hello ___ ,

The following backorder requests from your account will be attempted on 12/31/1969

Not a big deal if the function is still accurate .... but the date is not looking very good :)
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As of this time our support team has resolved the issue.

Last edited:
•••
@Traderas - They are allowed to bid on future auctions BUT all bids they place will be pre-authed to ensure they have the funds to pay for their winning bid, should they be the high bidder. The auction will most likely get restarted too. If you want to DM me the details with the domain names I would be happy to take a look.

@alcy - We do not place a 60-day lock on domains transferred in nor do most registries. Some registries do place their own lock on domains that get transferred though. It sounds like that may be the case. Feel free to DM me the domain and we can confirm.

@silentg - That is something that we are considering. Regarding the ticket, feel free to DM me your email address and the ticket subject and I'll take a look.

@blogspotter - We have and are working on rolling this out as a bigger update later this year.

@kor - Both are used by us. One of them is the web UI, and one of them is the true port 43 WHOIS.

@CraftNames - Can you DM me your email address and the ticket subject. Let me take a look at the exact details and see what is going on.

•••
New feature at Sav

All Sav users can now see their API key and whitelisted IPs on the My Account page.
We are continuing to add features that will give you the best domain investing experience.

•••
So if I understand correctly you have the right to take the domain from me within the 30 days after expiration?
Isn’t 30 days Grace Period mandatory according to ICAN?

According to ICANN a grace period after expiration is actually not required at all. We start expiring auctions for domains exactly 30 days after they expire.

•••
just check, dot .com new registration price $8.88 @Sav.com :xf.rolleyes:

•••
@CK_Yau - This is a request that we are getting more and more and will look at updating this page later next year. Regarding the domain not in an auction, please DM me the domain, and ill take a look. We do not publically publish how many users backordered a domain so we would be interested in how it was determined that multiple users backordered it as well.

@NameDrop - When a backorder is submitted on the same day the domain is dropping, we immediately try to register the domain for most TLDs. This is why it can not be removed until the next day as it gives us time to determine if we were able to register the domain or not. Any backorder submitted on any day other than the day it's dropping can be immediately removed.

@iTesla - If you are still seeing SMS issues, DM me. We did see an issue with SMS in India last week but were able to get it quickly resolved.

@Traderas, @kor - Thanks for letting us know about the outage. We detected it as well and had the site back up about 4 minutes later.

@silentg, @kor - We are not aware of any recent DNS update issues. Please reach out to our support to see if something else may be blocking the update. Feel free to DM me the details as well.

@silentg, @Traderas - The support reply and the $1.38 charge. Can you DM me the details?

•••
They have the most beautiful ui though. And the money you saved is priceless.
I think nick will show up one day and everyone will be giggly and all happy like before. I do thank posters for the red flags and encouragement to not sign up with sav

•••
I did a test and renewed a domain, it was successful took a couple of seconds.
Here evidence.
Waiting now your evidences of SAV issues, yes they have issues but all of them were solved thru Ticketing not crying on NP's, else you look like a Dynaholer.
Screenshot (787).png

Last edited:
•••
Hello, I have read about many payment methods on your website.
Look here help.sav.com/kb/en/article/online-payments
Unfortunately, my country has been subjected to economic sanctions. Paypal is closed and Visa & Mastercard do not support payment abroad. I am forced to gradually leave your hospitable resource, like many of my compatriots. Although I liked to buy and place domains on SAV. In support, I was offered to use third-party bank cards. But this is an unacceptable option for me, especially since I still have to replenish these cards somehow. Why doesn't your company want to stick to its own rules? Why was it necessary to publish about many payment methods on their pages that do not work. I hope that you will introduce other payment methods so as not to lose many thousands of domains that my compatriots will transfer to other resources.
Hope for understanding

Last edited:
•••
5 days to transfer out from SAV! Pls be like other registrars that allow transfer out within minutes/hours.

•••
@kor - this is the exact reason that we do conduct manual audits of bidders and change auction policies from time to time.

On a related note, we rolled out a change earlier today preventing anyone who is using an alias email from bidding on auctions. If you receive an error message when trying to place a bid, it means your email most likely has an unnecessary "." or "#" in it. Please reach out to support to have them update the email address to the main email address. Ex: If your email is [email protected], you will need to update it to [email protected] within Sav - both work the same way and go to the same account.

•••
And again, you gave an irrelevant answer in order to distract from the point we underlined and muddy the water.

Nick, could it be that you accidentally graduated from a political science major instead of a tech major?

•••
•••
@Traderas - I just looked at a few of these and they are all for winning auction bids. Take Transaction ID 704465 - This is for d****a.io . In this case, it looks like you placed a backorder on domains, Sav caught the domain but multiple users also backordered the same domain. We started an auction for it and gave you, the first person to place the backorder, the opening bid at the backorder cost. If you want to DM me your email address and ticket subject ill be happy to confirm.

@Hypersot - Feel free to DM me the charges and your account email address.

@kor - We love our great users and have no plans to do anything but help everyone all that we can. This is why we love to maintain this open dialog in this forum. See above. I would love to set up a call between us to go over Sav as well. It seems like you have some concerns and we would like to understand them. Just DM me a few times that work for you and the best number to reach you at and I'll give you a call directly. Maybe we can a believer out of you yet! Either way, we're always here to listen.

@Doyosi - https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/resolving-payment-issues

•••
It works for me. Network glitch?

•••
@Nick R

can offer previous price ???
.xyz renewal/transfer ( $8.49 )

•••
@CraftNames - If they do get cancelled and restarted that will give all bidders the option to reevaluate the domain and place new bids. In a scenario like this, we believe this is the fairest approach for all bidders.

•••
Was the domain you renewed expired? Expired domains are not renewing. I just tried and it's still not working.

I put in a ticket 2 days ago.
Not expired, I have one expired but not plan to renew it, so can't test.
Why you people wait expiration date? Renewal is done one month before expiry or better one year before expiry if domain is important, considering that prices go up this is a must to renew for many years.

•••
I am exploring the UI of SAV to see if they adequate to move into.

I do see such option, does it not work for you?

definitely EPIK's 1000 view is super useful, I hope it also works on SAV, maybe some with 1000 domains can confirm.

Show attachment 232584
Do you know what word "more" mean?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back