Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds very sensible. Don't you think this backordering stuff has gotten out of control anyhow? Sav or otherwise?
Did you get refunds for the extra charges? Or did the actual charges not go through in the first place?
The backorders went through, but at $9.88 instead of $1.88. I notified their support that it was not right for them to change the price and to refund me the hundreds of dollars. They refused.

When I backordered them I had received a backorder confirmation at the $1.88 price, but they said backorder confirmations are not guaranteed. That they are just an estimate, so they can change the price on you whenever they want. I've been with them since they started and I have given them thousands and thousands in business, but they refused to do the right thing and send a refund. This had actually happened before with the US extension and they again refused to refund.

•••
Just wanted to thank Sav.

I discovered overnight several auto-renewals that I had overlooked, apparently. This was the first time this had ever happened for me.

I was able to use the Sav online help system to find their policy, very clearly stated. Also I found answer for something I had re bulk operations.

I deleted the names according to the procedure, and the system promptly confirmed my deletion requests, and processed the renewal refunds not long after. Everything was solved within about an hour after I had been alerted to the problem.

Thank you very much, Sav!

Bob

•••
Within the Marketplace, users can now list domains for sale & auction

"Photo of Government ID" - are you for real? I'm buying and selling as a company, what do you need my ID for? And sent through google docs of all things... Dropcatch didn't get it and you won't get it, forget about it.

•••
@Nick R We have an outgoing domain transfer, and the buyer is eager to receive the domain. Why doesn't Sav offer the option for registrants to approve outgoing transfers like most modern registrars do and forces recipients to wait the full 5 days instead?

Last edited:
•••
STOP!!!!! i am receiving tones of emails with domains i didnt sold in auction!!!!!!

•••
AFTERNIC FAST TRANSFER

if you want to opt into afternic fast transfer you need to remove your Sav names from afternic and re add them. Then go to the marketplace section of your Sav account and approve the pending listings.

Today I was able to get all of mine opted in by doing this.

•••
Hi.

I am satisfied customer of SAV, they are best provider currently, but
if they resume live chat option, it would be easier to resolve the issues.
normally they do resolve all issues, but takes time. but they are rock solid currently.

thanks

to call them rock solid u must be blind...to call them best provider u must work for them or get paid.

•••
@NYK Yes, I agree. Some of my names have been in repeated auctions for more than a month now. Sav pretty much turned my domains in hostages. I cannot try to sell elsewhere, because even if I find a buyer, I can’t take the name out of auction and transfer it to them. I don’t want my auctions to be repeated. If a name doesn’t sell the first time I don’t want Sav to repeat the auction. It should be up to the seller to decide to repeat or not. I have never seen another marketplace that would forcefully keep your names in constant auctions until the end of time.

In regards to your screenshot. w_w uses fake accounts (like j_x) to set up high proxies and then pretends that he is trying to outbid the fake account that they actually created. It’s pure theatre. Just look at the amounts - $1222 bid, followed by $3333... They raise the price on purpose - so they can scare other bidders away. They perfectly know that the proxy is much higher because they’ve put it there. They will keep making your auction repeats until there are no other bidders left who would fight for the name, and at some point they will try to buy your name for $200-$300, or even for less. Remember what I said. The whole theatre is to eliminate competition and to discourage other bidders, so that they can buy cheap.

Last edited:
•••
How are users gaming the system to get domains for a lower price than what you think they should go for?

It’s a bit complicated game and not so obvious for most people. I will try to explain in details if you give me some time. Meanwhile you can read my previous posts - especially the last few pages of this thread.

So here is how it works:

1) Same people who manage this account w_w_909b80 create multiple fake accounts. The last one that was obvious enough was j_x_942e4f.

2) w_w account is used to actually win auctions, while the fake accounts (like j_x) are used to set up high proxy bids only, and to block sales.

3) The fake account places extremely high proxy bids, and then the w_w account starts pretending that they are bidding against the proxies. But they never go over the proxy, so that they don’t have to pay the high price. The purpose is to raise the price only.

4) When the auction ends it is the fake account that is winning and Sav can’t collect the payment. So the auction is automatically repeated.

5) The combination of extremely high price plus the fact that the same names are being repeatedly in auctions is making such auctions look suspicious for normal bidders. Legit bidders eventually stop bidding in such auctions which reduces competition for w_w.

6) When the auction repeats a few times, almost no other bidders remain willing to place bids. So the price goes lower and only then w_w will actually buy the name.

7) The last changes Sav made happened to be even more beneficial for w_w and the people behind the account. The reason is that now Sav pre-authorize the bids of lots of other bidders which leaves them with no money to participate in auctions. Which additionally decreases competition and makes end prices even lower.

8) w_w_909b80 and the people behind the account have unlimited budget ulike most other bidders on Sav. So they can afford playing such expensive and time-consuming games.

9) The fact that Sav keeps repeating failed auctions is turning domain names in hostages of the platform. You can’t take your name out of auction, you can’t stop the auction, you can’t choose to not repeat the auction. You can only stay and observe how your auctions keep repeating and every next time, there are fewer and fewer bidders, fewer and fewer bids, and the price is going lower and lower. Until your name is finally sold for pennies.

Last edited:
•••
I strongly advise everyone who has bought domains in auctions at Sav.com to check their accounts, and make sure that the names have been transferred to them. Lots of names stay in sellers’ accounts after the auctions, and in practice buyers don’t have any control over such domain names.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R I want to update my account email at Sav .com but there is no option. Also no proper way to contact. Can you take a look? Thanks.
Our support team can update this for you with a ticket. I see that this feature is scheduled to be built into the My Account page and launched later in May.

•••
Click the approve button for the selected domain and it can be transferred out immediately

•••
New available TLDs to register at Sav!
At Sav, we are continuing to expand our TLD options. We are happy to announce that we have 8 new TLDs for you to choose from:
  • app
  • day
  • dev
  • new
  • how
  • soy
  • page
  • xn--q9jyb4c
See all of our TLD options here

•••
@kor - Because we pre-auth all new bidder's credit cards/payment methods, fake bids become very hard to pull off, if even possible at all. I did take a look at g_g_6b103f and the auction that you are referring to and can assure you that they are a real verified bidder.
Unfortunately, pre-authorization is not an exact solution.

In the last few months, the same domains have been repeatedly auctioned by some customers. Especially the ones with the 'digitalized' keyword and ending with the .games extension.
They simply open new fake accounts, produce fresh virtual cards, and go hunting by bidding high on their domains and keep shill bidding. Since they reset the limit of the cards after entering the bids, the domain name cannot be sold and therefore the pre-authorization has no meaning.

There should be a gap in between for the same unsold domain name to be auctioned again; like 2 months.
Thus, you reduce both the chaos on the platform and the possibility of fraud.

Also, is it possible to enclose the TLD selections on the left side of the auctions page in a small scroll-box?
It stretches the page unnecessarily and creates an ugly view.

•••
Last edited:
•••
This is a message I also sent to Sav support 5 minutes ago. I am making it public and hopefully something changes.

Hello.

Your website has been acting weirdly all day:

- cannot unlock domains - message "failed domain unlock"
- starting auctions and listing names for sale at BIN are taking ages and often don't work at all
- updating name servers is taking ages and sometimes it doesn't work at all
- payments are not going through again
- in general the site is extremely slow

Some other things that need changed.

- The filter shouldn't be case sensitive in regards to nameservers. Your filter tends to think that "ns1.sav.com" is anyhow different from "NS1.SAV.COM" for example - this makes your filter completely useless.

- Searching in "My Domains" is ridiculous. I have to type the whole name every time in order to find it. This is not searching at all and is not useful and user friendly at all.

- When a name is sold through your marketplace you don't actually update registrant contact details. I keep recieiving emails from prospective buyers for names I have sold a long time ago. Sometimes I need to contact the new owner of a name I've sold in the past. I usually use the form provided at privacyprotection(.)com and then emails are being returned to me as the original registrant. I can't possibly imagine how many leads are lost this way for your customers.

I really don't know why nothing improves at Sav. At the same time you keep asking me to rate the site every time I log in. My rate will be of course always ZERO because things with Sav are not improving in any way. They are actually getting worse.

Kind regards,
Anton

•••
If any SAV rep is seeing this,
since yesterday I'm getting charged at regular intervals and I don't know why.

So far my paypal account has been charged 7 times without any other email explaining what these charges are for.

I wouldn't have contacted here but I filled the form on your website and I received nothing as a response that you received my inquiry or that a ticket has been opened for the issue.

Please DM me asap. I fear that paypal may flag these charges being so similar to each other and each showing the exact same amount.

Thanks

•••
Wow, I knew .com rules were weird, but didn't know they were *that* weird. "Your registrar did not interrupt your web page service after expiration before deleting the domain name." as a reason for the complaint? Ridiculous. If anything, the registrant should be grateful the website and mail keeps working after the deadline - it's the norm that people are late on payments and then cry that the mail stops working...

However "Your registrar did not permit you to renew your domain name during the Auto-Renew Grace Period." is the exact rule that sav and many others are breaking. Registrar-held "expired auctions" are ridiculous and should be stopped. Expired domains should only be put on "last minute" auctions with the explicit permission from the registrant and proceeds should be split fairly between the domain owner and the auction venue. As it stands, registrars unfairly benefit from people losing domains due to various life events. Again, it's not only sav, but most others, with godaddy in the lead.

•••
Anyone using sav for .net backorders? I placed a backorder a while ago dropping today and I beat them by hand.

They're fairly great for certain TLDs but it's strange I can beat their registrar farm. Wasn't really watching it tbh. Just checked whois to see if they caught it and found it available.

Took me a while to compare prices, head to cosmotown and order...

•••
I've started getting an interesting error message any time I want to renew my domains at SAV:
"This type of email address is not supported. Please reach out to support to update your email address."
It is very odd, as my email is the same as ever. How can a valid email address not be supported? :D Anyway, I tried adding new payment methods (e.g. new card) but I received the same message. The problem is with the email address, which makes no sense. I wanted to renew a lot of domains at SAV, but I cannot do it, as their system is broken. I had no other choice but to transfer them out. Fortunately, the transfer process is working flawlessly.

•••
Update:

Because there is currently no active representative of SAV active in this thread i needed to make a additional account to send a support ticket. This was very quick and done within 2 minutes and they send you even a password.

Very fast response and investigation. It seems a couple of telecom companies are blocking the sms service for 2 factor... i used this setting successfully for 2 years and out of the blue it did not work anymore. Next week i will contact my mobile company to ask to add the sms number for 2 factor on a whitelist.

Temporarily solution: I have the 2 factor code send to my email. There is a very strict anti phishing policy at SAV and worth noting they will not disable / turn off 2 factor.

Last edited:
•••
Just realised that SAV still award backordered domains to others circumventing the auction process that should happen when a backorder is placed by more than one person.

In short,
you backorder a domain, SAV catches it and they just give it to someone else (in fact, the same user every time) without an auction.

This is being happening for years. In the past, I tried to bring it up to the support but they tried to tell me that an auction already happened and I missed it.
That makes no sense though since this concerns domains I had backordered weeks before the droptime.

Does anyone know more about this? I can't get more info from the support.

•••
Hey Nick,

1) What is the reason for a120 day lock on certain domain names there at SAV?

Show attachment 162996

2) I've been trying to get a dot org domain name out of there after purchasing it thru your marketplace and it is past the 60 day ICANN lock but yet it is still on lockdown w/an additional 60 day SAV imposed domain name lock. You are telling me I have to send in a copy of my Government ID and a copy of my credit card used there in order to get that 120 day lock deleted. This makes my domain name almost worthless for 4 months unless I want to send you all of my valuable, personal info. I have never heard anything like this at any Domain Registrar before. This seems beyond ridiculous to tie up a domain name for 1/3 of the year.

3) For those of us who use DAN/Undeveloped as an additional marketplace to sell our domain names we cannot add them in DAN because they do not allow SAV domain names to be listed there in their marketplace. Is there any potential of you guys rectifying that dispute w/DAN so we can have one more marketplace to list our domains?

Thanks

Hey Vito and thanks for your questions!

1 & 2 - We currently place a 120-day lock on domains sold through our Marketplace by a private seller. This is done so that the domain can be returned to the seller if a chargeback were to come in. However, based on the feedback we have received from NP and other sources, we are going to reduce that lock time to only 60 days. If there is another lock on the domain such as an ICANN transfer in lock, these locks will run in parallel. All new and existing locks will be modified by end of today. Thanks again to the NP community for helping us make a better Sav and keep the suggestion coming!

3 - We admire DAN as a valued domain investor service company. As a truly open ecosystem, we have no limitations on any of our customers using DAN in any way.

•••
When will you add bulk edit tools for our domains?

•••
Trying to reach support. Called, but said no phone support or return of voicemails.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back