IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
I have a question.
I won lta.co on 23/12 in auction at Sav.com You first charged me $ 102 and then $ 158. I won the auction, you sent an e-mail with confirmation that I won and I paid the name, so I thought I was good to go and I was only waiting on the name to be transferred to me. All of a sudden today the auction started again because the high bidder was unable to complete the transaction, but I already paid. Twice!!! Sav sent me back the 102 dollars yesterday. They didn’t return the 158 $. I don’t understand why they take 260 $, but they didn’t send the domain to me and instead the domain is now in auction again and my account is banned. I sent them a message but I didn’t receive a reply. I paid the domain name and i want it!! Is this normal?? Can somebody help please??

Raise a ticket and let them know... Happened to me as well but got the domain and waiting for the refund..

Hello All - We had had a delay in processing completed auctions over the weekend that was resolved yesterday. Bidders normally have two days to pay for auctions once complete but since we re-processed auctions that were more than 2 days old yesterday, the system did immediately ban five bidders yesterday afternoon incorrectly. We have just removed those bans and reach out to the 5 users directly to let them know.

•••
How do I know it's real and not an imposter? That handle is not verified and does not look professional at all.

@iDat I will give you a very simple answer, so you don’t waste your time: Sav are not on social media. You can’t find them on Twitter, LinkedIn or anywhere else. The reason is that they don’t want to deal with bad reviews and unhappy customers. Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
•••
Shortly after I posted in this forum I received a refund from Sav.com for 158 $ to my card. With no explanation at all...I just want to say that I don’t want your refund..!! I WANT THE DOMAIN LTA.CO THAT I FAIRLY WON AND PAID FOR.. !! And i want my account to be unbanned. I PAID THE NAME!! TWICE!!!!! And I didn’t do anything wrong!! I waited for the domein for 7 days.. And i have the receipt in my inbox. You are ignoring my messages to your support. Nobody replies there!! This is soooo unfair and unprofessional.. ?!?!?!

•••
You were right. I didn’t do due dilligence and now i have doo doo all over my avatar. Sav twitter looks as phony as Sav.com auction platform is. Thank you everyone for reassuring me I did right thing and never did business with Sav.com
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.sav.com?utm_medium=trustbox&utm_source=Carousel
Nice review @anton 👍

How do I know it's real and not an imposter? That handle is not verified and does not look professional at all.

This is Epik reputation repair

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains Thanks. I will keep leaving bad reviews until I see that they are at least making an effort. Their Trustpilot score used to be really bad. But at some point lots of 1-sentence-long positive reviews started being posted on there. I suppose they’re either fake, posted by their employees, or Sav ask small users that have registered 1 domain with them and are unlikely to have bad experiences to leave some positive feedback. You know there are two types of reviews on Trustpilot - first one is when users go to the platform and leave a review voluntarily, second one is when companies invite their customers to leave reviews. Anyway, I find it more than bizarre that Sav.com have such a high score, and so many positive reviews, when I know the mountain of bugs the site is full with and the avalanche of complaints they receive daily. I guess for them is easier to deal with this tread and Trustpilot only. If they create accounts on social media they know that they will receive lots of negative feedback, and will be harder for them to handle it. That’s why they prefer to not have Twitter and LinkedIn accounts at all - unlike most normal companies. It’s just easier to brush problems under the carpet instead of trying to solve them. You know - “no complaints - no problem”... But yes, my advice to you is stay away. I wish I didn’t have so many domain names registered with them. I hate having to constantly post in this thread, but is the only way. Otherwise they simply don’t respond to support requests. The only way to resolve issues with Sav is to make them public. Sad, but true. :)

Stay away. I mean have you ever heard of another registrar where you have to daily check the number of the domain names in your account? This is something else new users don’t know about Sav - domains registered with them have the very rare ability to disappear from your account, or change accounts by themselves. I am serious - I check domains in my account at Sav on a daily basis, one by one. If you win an auction and you pay for a name, that doesn’t mean that the name has been transferred to you. You have to make sure it’s there every time. Quite often names just stay in sellers accounts, and buyers who don’t check don’t even know that they don’t own the names they paid for. Sav is unique in so many ways. Unfortunately none of them in a good way though.

Last edited:
•••
Sav auctions are starting to tick me off. I bought yet another domain through their auction to which the seller wouldn’t push the domain so Sav just refunded my money without even a peep. Not the first time.

I have to say that I may start migrating my portfolio away from them and their continual “no response” ticket system.

PS - tried to cash out an amount recently and was told they can’t make the direct deposit. I double checked all the account info (it’s a business account I use all the time) and it was correct. Oh, and I sent a ticket about it…crickets.

•••
So if a person puts up multiple domains for sale and then is unsatisfied with resulting sales, they can simply fail to push it, and then go on to merrily shop and buy other domains at auction. This is the definition of “bad actors” in the system.

•••
Hello.

@Anton Naydenov - We do appreciate you enthusiasm for Sav auctions but making so many unfounded accusations has gone too far. You are welcome to keep posting on here but this will be the last reply we will make to your posts. As always, our support team will always be available to answer any questions you have. We truly do wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sav Twitter - We do not currently have social media accounts that we manage but feel free to DM if we can help with anything.

@Adam Bailey - We just read these posts from today and have not taken any manual action on our end. As we said earlier in the thread, we submit voided pre-auths to banks immediately but do not have any control on how they process them. Either way, we are glad to hear everything worked out as intended! Regarding getting unbanned, please DM me your email address and submit a support ticket requesting this if you haven't already. We will take a look and see what happened.

@MasterOfMyDomains - We pride ourselves on our customer reviews and are thrilled that our customers have graciously given us one of the highest TrustPilot ratings of the top domain registrars. If you do have any concerns or need any help please feel free to DM me directly. We are here to help!

@Relevant Domain - I would be happy to take a look into this personally. Can you DM me your account's email address so we can pull up the tickets?

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R Your support team is not replying to tickets. If they did, I wouldn’t have been so active in this thread. My account has been blocked for not paying a domain name (price: $51) since 28 October. And it wasn’t my fault that I didn’t pay. You failed to charge me. Then you asked for photos of my passport and bank card (I am not even sure whether it’s legal to ask me for such things). Anyway I sent them. No reply since. And you are holding my personal data (plus photocopies of my passport and bank card). Also I don’t need your permission to keep posting here, thanks. You seem to forget that this is not Sav.com. I will keep telling people the truth about Sav based on my personal experience. I am not lying about anything I have posted here. Everything I said is based on my personal experience with the platform, and with you personally. And it’s been mainly very bad experience so far.

@Relevant Domain You can at least hear crickets. When I message support all I can hear is white noise. ;)

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R What do you mean “everything worked out as intended”??! I don’t understand *Nothing worked out as intended!!.. Did you even read my message?? I won lta.co and paid 260 $ for it. Today (7 days) later sav.com just banned me for no reason and now they’re selling the name again... Yes they sent all my money back today but I don’t want the money.. i want the domai that i fairly won and paid for. I even paid more than i shiuld’ve.. the price was 158 $ and i paid 102+158 $ =260 $ I already submitted 2 tickets but no answer yet..

Last edited:
•••
Hello.

Sav Twitter - We do not currently have social media accounts that we manage but feel free to DM if we can help with anything.
Why you don't ? It's a must have for any business. Social Media shows Trust and Authority in their respective field. Show me one registrar that don't have social media.

I want to use auction for a domain but seeing all these reviews are giving me second thoughts.

•••
@iDat Mate, they don’t even have normal customer support, and you’re talking about social media. If you don’t believe me, make an experiment for yourself - create support ticket on help.sav.com and count the days (or the weeks) to their reply. I’m not joking. The funniest (or the saddest) thing is that after the whole wait the reply won’t be helpful at all, or it will be simply too late.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R

I think It could be a good idea to add a filter for watched domains

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Hi Mr. @Nick R

Would you please to check for my ticket:
c7c32c52-33ac-4840-846f-a840bafcb858
Because, SAV's support never answer it!

The issue is that I have received some emails that I have not paid for the auctions that I have paid for those domains!!!
And the not funny thing is, now I have been blocked/banned from the auction!
For what? For not paying twice??

If SAV cannot give all those domains that I have paid for it...
Please just refund my money back to my card!

Thanks in advance!

•••
@Adam Bailey - My apologies, I misunderstood your requests. It looks like this account may be closed on NP but feel free to DM me the details and we can take a deeper look.

@iDat - We are active on NP and are happy to help anyway we can. Just DM me.

@ArielT - We agree and have it on our todo list. We actually had this up to about a year ago but the processing power needed could cause site stability issues if multiple people were doing advanced filtering on at the same time so we had to disable it. We are looking forward to redoing that and getting it live again.

@oktav - Our pleasure. I just took a look at your ticket and escalated it to our advanced support team to take a look at, and reply to today.

•••
@Nick R , Are you going to let us use our balance for new purchase in the near future, or is not on the table right now.

Your tax form is very difficult to fill for a non US residents

•••
@Nick R

Can you guys add multiple options for sign-in? sometimes the SMS code doesn't come through.. happened to me yesterday... Can you add an "Authenticator App" or Email as a second sign-in option if one fails?

•••
I don't mean to just complain here, but authorization codes not working and no response from support in a week.

•••
I was trying to bid on multiple auctions and the pre-authorization has triggered the fraud alert at my credit card company.
You can’t really limit the amount to previous purchase total. Some names you guys list cost more. add a method to verify by photo Id (just like NameJet and dropcatch).

Beware those who try to bid on multiple auctions. I hope they change the way they do this. Only Sav has this and all other auction places are doing fine without pre-authorization.

•••
I strongly advise everyone who has bought domains in auctions at Sav.com to check their accounts, and make sure that the names have been transferred to them. Lots of names stay in sellers’ accounts after the auctions, and in practice buyers don’t have any control over such domain names.

Last edited:
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
wtf discounts rip are u babbling about? @CraftNames

Last edited:
•••
Premium .xyz names had 50% discount I think.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back