Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not receiving verification code and there's no way I can create a support ticket since I'm not logged in.

Any help please
@Nick R

nick is mia... not even a bye.
people waste time write him. how professional... apparently there are some lovers here of new account for ticket... for me it's the stupidest thing in 7 yr of domaining.. nobody else does it. but those sav geniuses cant take the hint

Last edited:
•••
Their support is so slow. I had to contact them to get the status on the domain transfer issue. Same answer everytime: "Haven't heard back from tech team. "

They only work Chicago time: 9-5

If they don't step up the customer service, NameCheap's going to take all their customers with Spaceship.com. NameCheap has great customer service.

Last edited:
•••
No one's responding here or via email

They stopped doing email support long time ago. And no representative available in here since months either.

You need to create a new account on help.sav.com but do not use your actual SAV account password there. It's hosted on another platform.

•••
Tha
They stopped doing email support long time ago. And no representative available in here since months either.

You need to create a new account on help.sav.com but do not use your actual SAV account password there. It's hosted on another platform.
Thank you

•••

can u use same email as on sav?

•••
OK, here's one thing:

I have a bunch of .co domains at SAV, most of them expired, I am not planning to renew them.

Somehow, one of domains has been bought by another domainer, probably an expired auction. SAV sent me an email like:

"We have processed your change of account request. Here are the results:
Successes:
domain_name.co
Errors:
None"

But there's a problem: the domain is still in my account, renewed till 2024. I can get the AUTH code, and probably transfer it out.

In the meantime, the name has been listed at Afternic and DAN by the the new owner. And SAV is sending me 2 emails / day asking me to Accept the pending Afternic FT listing.

So, please be very careful of what kind of names are you keeping at SAV.

•••
@pinkdragon

I've the same "ghost domain" issue since months except I cannot take any action on the domain name since it's transferred to another registrar.

I'm going to file a complaint to ICANN soon.

Things started to spiral out of control.

•••
@pinkdragon

I've the same "ghost domain" issue since months except I cannot take any action on the domain name since it's transferred to another registrar.

I'm going to file a complaint to ICANN soon.

Things started to spiral out of control.

maybe not just.nick is mia... maybe everyone at.sav is mia...looks like it...what effing mess

•••
Update:

Because there is currently no active representative of SAV active in this thread i needed to make a additional account to send a support ticket. This was very quick and done within 2 minutes and they send you even a password.

Very fast response and investigation. It seems a couple of telecom companies are blocking the sms service for 2 factor... i used this setting successfully for 2 years and out of the blue it did not work anymore. Next week i will contact my mobile company to ask to add the sms number for 2 factor on a whitelist.

Temporarily solution: I have the 2 factor code send to my email. There is a very strict anti phishing policy at SAV and worth noting they will not disable / turn off 2 factor.

Last edited:
•••
Update:

Because there is currently no active representative of SAV active in this thread i needed to make a additional account to send a support ticket. This was very quick and done within 2 minutes and they send you even a password.

Very fast response and investigation. It seems a couple of telecom companies are blocking the sms service for 2 factor... i used this setting successfully for 2 years and out of the blue it did not work anymore. Next week i will contact my mobile company to ask to add the sms number for 2 factor on a whitelist.

Temporarily solution: I have the 2 factor code send to my email. There is a very strict anti phishing policy at SAV and worth noting they will not disable / turn off 2 factor.

so did u use same email as for sav?

•••
•••
Is there a SAV customer care employee available here on namepros?

•••
Is there a SAV customer care employee available here on namepros?
@Nick R used to browse the forum but hasn't been here since they hired more CS reps.

They started a Twitter account for support but last activity was in March.

•••
•••
I noticed once I moved to sav that in their Whois, registrant contact is listed as https://www.privacyprotection.com/?domain=domain.com

I don’t like this … I think it cuts down inquiries.

In other registers it’s a custom privacy email address.

Is there a way to setup an email address, instead of web form?

•••
•••
Update:

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get across to Sav CS for several weeks now. Can't log in to access my domains and no reply for email to CS.

Tried to open new account exactly as you did to get across to them but whenever I try to open support ticket, it doesn't work on my new account.

Oh, my goodness! What type of registrar is this and what should I do next?

Last edited:
•••
in my head its already settled...sav is a registrar with zero support. meaning I'm on my own. meaning when I have first serious issue that's when I move elsewhere. honestly I think around time when nick left and they made that stupid need for new account for ticket... this is basically when they cut down their stuff to almost no one... to save slash make money... it's nice to save couple bucks but not.at cost of stress... no support etc. too bad cause the simple efficient ui is neat

•••
honestly I think around time when nick left
Ah. Doesn't he work at Sav anymore? Was this announced somewhere?

•••
•••
Ah. Doesn't he work at Sav anymore? Was this announced somewhere?

oh and ps....no nick said nothing when he left np ... which is not so pro cause people and me too keep dn him and tag him here... maybe that in itself kinda indicates he left sav and or was fired.. not sure if he was just rep or shareholder ...co owner... or what not... I guess we dont really know who owns or runs sav... or do we ? unlike reeza at dan and all that...

•••
Its price is no longer any advantage

•••
Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 22.19.02.png

What is actually going on?!

capital.credit Auction Details (sav.com)

•••
I'm not seeing xyz or even io auctions... used to be many..why some foul play was there?

•••
Ahh, not sure why I can't find it, but where do you see the list of bids you've placed on Sav Expired Auctions?... I haven't used their auction platform previously.
I notice that the link in the outbid email is supposed to go to https://www.sav.com/auctions/active, however at the current time that just loads https://www.sav.com/domains/auctions. Maybe a temporary issue, or is there some other place you can view active auctions?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back