IT.COM

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

NameSilo
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Afternic is leaking very sensitive data, so I'm not going to provide further details until this has been fixed.

•••
•••
@Paul Nicks responded to my DM. Hope this will be remedied soon.

•••
Does anyone know what the status "Hidden" means in your Afternic account? I tried to unhide the domain, but it immediately goes back to "Hidden" status.

The name does not seem to be pending sale (unfortunately), so I wonder why it cannot be changed to "Listed".

•••
Did you click save at top of page after performing actions?
It is working for me

•••
•••
Afternic down?

I can't get the page to load?

Anyone else?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Afternic down ?

Anyone else?

1 minute to load the front page.
There are some new logos of registrar partners.
I repeat: they are updating the logos!
Dashboard loads with errors, see screenshot.

Tue Feb 16 17:12:41 CET 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-16 Your Dashboard - Afternic.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-16 Your Dashboard - Afternic.png
    41 KB · Views: 175
•••
1 minute to load the front page.
There are some new logos of registrar partners.
I repeat: they are updating the logos!
Dashboard loads with errors, see screenshot.

Tue Feb 16 17:12:41 CET 2021

After trying for the past hour, it just now loaded for me.

•••
•••
Afternic down?

Anyone else?

It's loading but full of bugs. I have to sign in countless times .
I would be moving away my premium names and other high priced names and host on my lander and others .Yes I made some good figure sales there but I am not letting them use my names to suggest other names to would be buyers .They are hurting lots of sales because they want to move inventories or get new ones similar to be bought by a customer . When your listed names on afternic is displayed with price and a would be buyer types it in Godaddy,it shows your domain and price and then suggests those other names below. I am not here for that .

They can always contact through their Godaddy buy service since .Moving on to plan b 🙂.Full of bugs still even with all the complaints. Already deleting my premium names there as well 😄 and saving myself the daily headache from afternic .

•••
Since i have removed all bin’s there are zero names pending review

•••
I wonder if they have an update on the way yet.

Last edited:
•••
Site down again. What else is new...

•••
You edited your post @tomcarl
dreaming about some huge upgrade, wondering what kind of angel dust was floating around in your space.
Afternic domain management area will look like it does now, in 10 years, just like it looked 10 years ago.

Site is down here too

•••
i have received bulk loads of OPT-IN NOTIFICATION emails from afternic , for domain aready listed
recently and long time ago !!! my email is getting full !!
many emails are sent three times together for the same domain at same time !!

whats wrong !!

anybody receiving the same ??

is afternic doing any maintenace or system formating or upgrades or !!!??

Last edited:
•••
i have received bulk loads of OPT-IN NOTIFICATION emails from afternic , for domain aready listed
whats wrong !!

Can confirm, lots of these mails atm.

•••
many emails are sent three times together for the same domain at same time !!

whats wrong !!

Same here and checking status on a sold domain gives:

This page isn’t working
www.afternic.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

•••
Same here and checking status on a sold domain gives:

This page isn’t working
www.afternic.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Lots of errors in the 5XX range, this year. Backends.

•••
The Afternic team is aware of the issues and working on a resolution. There is a lot of work being done on Afternic this year.

•••
The Afternic team is aware of the issues and working on a resolution. There is a lot of work being done on Afternic this year.

That's good. Hope it doesn't cause too much inconvenience on our side.

•••

This year? So maybe November?
Got another price request. Good thing i signed into afternic. Good thing I was able to even get into my 1995 control panel.

There is a price request. Yay! Why no email Joe saying there was a price request? Again, happened last week. Is that something you will fix this year? Actually sending out an email when there is a price request?

You say we get you a price in 24 hours buyer, that cant happen unless seller is notified of a price request

Anyways I replied to the price request and put a DAN BIN on the lander for half. I would delete my afternic account but we all know someone out there adds names that arent theirs to their afternic profile.

•••
Since GD now owns the .co registry, is there any hope "registry-premium" .co names can be made available through the Afternic DLS network?

•••
Back