Domain Empire

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, have you ever issues with wire transfer? On Afternic form one field requires 12 digits but correct is 10 digits (for payee through wire transfer).
I tried to fix it through service but no luck :(

Seeking another escrow alternative..

•••
No response to emails since the past two weeks!! Anyone else facing a similar issue? Tried both service and support email addresses of Afternic.

•••
Anyone else getting Afternic verification emails? I just got one. It would be a great move if they add text records to verify. @Joe Styler

upload_2021-4-10_18-5-52.png

•••
Anyone else getting Afternic verification emails? I just got one. It would be a great move if they add text records to verify. @Joe Styler

Show attachment 187467

I usually get these emails from Afternic when I'm adding new domains to Afternic too fast after registration. That is, before the registry has updated Whois and DNS delegation. This is especially the case with non com/net/org domains. Provisioning of com/net/org is generally instantly. Resubmitting the same domain a couple of hours later always solves this problem, without having to contact Afternic staff about it.

Atm, I can't find your domain s.pro in whois nor DNS.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I just got an email. It was not even deleted as the mail informed. Thats what i was wondering..

•••
I just got an email. It was not even deleted as the mail informed. Thats what i was wondering..

I recognize that. Strange indeed. I always resubmit, just to be sure.

•••
Hello,

Strange case here
Tried to add yesterday about 600 names (50 each time), no problems or errors reported.
Then i realized names were the same number as before i added these 600.
Tried to re add these 600 and receiving message that names are already listed but i can not find these names at my portfolio there.
@Joe Styler

Any help?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Anyone experiencing same problem? No reply from support at all

•••
A redesigned Afternic login page with sso is visible since today.

I assume that in the background a lot of work is being done on a new Afternic website.

Here I'd like to report a detail that is not correct at the moment.

I noticed that a recently sold domain has the wrong status ("Pending Sale") in the Afternic dashboard. It also says "pending buyer payment approval". The domain however, has already been successfully transferred to the buyer, and an email stating that the transfer is complete has already been sent to me by Afternic.

This domain should be in the final "Pending Payout" (to me) status in the dashboard. The "Est. Payout Date" of May 21, 2021 is showing fine in the details, so the data even contradicts within the same dashboard.

Maybe this is related to an upgrade of the Afternic website. When I looked earlier today, there was no problem with the status for this domain. Hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
I noticed that a recently sold domain has the wrong status ("Pending Sale") in the Afternic dashboard. It also says "pending buyer payment approval". The domain however, has already been successfully transferred to the buyer, and an email stating that the transfer is complete has already been sent to me by Afternic.

This domain should be in the final "Pending Payout" (to me) status in the dashboard. The "Est. Payout Date" of May 21, 2021 is showing fine in the details, so the data even contradicts within the same dashboard.

Did that sale go through after all?

I've recently had an email regarding a sale too. So I've entered the auth code for that domain in my Afternic dashboard and the status changed to Transfer Processing. Today (four days later) the status changed to Pending Sale with this message:

"The sale of *domain* is pending buyer payment approval. This may take up to 3 business days. We'll email you when the sale has been approved and instructions to begin the domain ownership transfer."

But a previous email said "Great news, we have successfully approved funds."

I'm confused - are the funds secured or not? And since I've already provided the auth code what more could I do to "begin the domain ownership transfer"?

•••
Did that sale go through after all?

I've recently had an email regarding a sale too. So I've entered the auth code for that domain in my Afternic dashboard and the status changed to Transfer Processing. Today (four days later) the status changed to Pending Sale with this message:

"The sale of *domain* is pending buyer payment approval. This may take up to 3 business days. We'll email you when the sale has been approved and instructions to begin the domain ownership transfer."

But a previous email said "Great news, we have successfully approved funds."

I'm confused - are the funds secured or not? And since I've already provided the auth code what more could I do to "begin the domain ownership transfer"?

Yes, this sale has been paid out to me. It's very confusing indeed. Emails and dashboard notifications are not in sync. And within the dashboard, statuses contradict as well.

Thanks for confirming the same issue.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm updating my Afternic listings a couple of times per week through CSV, following the template.

Today I've uploaded the CSV 3 times with sufficient time between separate uploads, but I'm not seeing any result. No 'bulk upload complete' message, no error message, nothing happens.

Anyone else with the same experience today?

Edit next day: still unable to do bulk CSV uploads. The only the message is the usual "Thank you. Your domain listings have been submitted." but no actual changes to my listings are made. Also no message of success or failure in the dashboard.

(Complimentary, non-carbon copy to Mr @Joe Styler)

Last edited:
•••
Just received this update re: CSV bulk upload, from Afternic support:

Thank you for getting back to us.
We have since identified an issue with the bulk upload functionality on Afternic.
We are working on resolving that and getting it back to normal.
Please allow for a few days while our colleagues are making sure the feature comes back online.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Last edited:
•••
It is with great pleasure and joy that I can announce that Afternic has fixed this CSV upload bug today.

It works again as it always worked, and I'm able to do bulk updates again.

Thank you, Afternic Team.

•••
So I have about 85 names on Dynadot, well past the 60-day Lock.

Afternic listing says I have to approve the fast-transfer listing with the Registrar.

Dynadot asks me to re-initiate the process at Afternic. I removed a few names (any idea how to remove a bunch of names at Afternic?). And tried adding them. These names have now gone to "In Review" status.

Is that a dead-end?

•••
So I have about 85 names on Dynadot, well past the 60-day Lock.

Afternic listing says I have to approve the fast-transfer listing with the Registrar.

Dynadot asks me to re-initiate the process at Afternic. I removed a few names (any idea how to remove a bunch of names at Afternic?). And tried adding them. These names have now gone to "In Review" status.

Is that a dead-end?
Write Afternic. They will review and update your account accordingly.

•••
Looks like the removed-readded ones have got listed now. Anyone knows how to Bulk-Delete domains from Afternic?

•••
Looks like the removed-readded ones have got listed now. Anyone knows how to Bulk-Delete domains from Afternic?
On your domains' page, just click on the small boxes next to the names you want to delete. Once your selection for that page is done, you can now click on delete. If your portfolio spans several pages, you will have to do this for every page that contains domains you want to delete.

Note that the maximum number of domains you can view on each page is 50. Can be tedious going page by page if you have a large portfolio

Last edited:
•••
On your domains' page, just click on the small boxes next to the names you want to delete. Once your selection for that page is done, you can now click on delete. If your portfolio spans several pages, you will have to do this for every page that contains domains you want to delete.

Note that the maximum number of domains you can view on each page is 50. Can be tedious going page by page if you have a large portfolio

Yeah, I had to remove about 80 out of about 2000 names. Had to do it one-by-one. I guess the only other option is to email them and wait.

•••
@Joe Styler
This just popped up in my AN account. The domain is available to register, don't have this name in my account, and never had an AN account before 2017. Any ideas what it might be?

Capture.PNG

•••
No it looks like a bug to me. [email protected] will be able to look into it if it is still happening.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back