Dynadot

GoDaddy Issue: can't transfer or renew name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

autobot

Established Member
Impact
Don't know if this is the right section to post this.

I bought this name off GD closeouts in 2017 and listed with a BIN on Afternic. The name sold two days before expiration (1/9/2018). Since then, I have been unable to transfer/push the name to Afternic to complete the sales process.

Each time I try to manually renew, it says "We were unable to process the following product renewals".
. I succeeded in setting it to auto renew, yet the name has not renewed after expiration (01/11/2018). The domain doesn't show under 'manage domains' page but is in 'renewals' and 'product' pages. I can't renew, transfer, push, or unlock it.

It's just in limbo.

I've posted on this NP Afternic Thread but it wasn't resolved. I was forced to call GD though Int'l call rates are high in my country. After 15 minutes, the GD rep said I'll have to call again later today when offices are open so he can direct my query to an Aftermarket desk or so.

I checked again not long ago. I was allowed to start the push process but it tells me I can't continue 'cause the name's expired. I checked my expired domains and there's nothing there.

I then called the GD again and spent 20 minutes waiting on a virtual queue to the sound of music. Meanwhile Afternic has sent me two reminders to push the name.

This is one terrible experience. Godaddy please help

cc: @Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
can you send me the domain name?

•••
Instead of making overseas calls to GD why have you not just utilized their live support team? I remembered having this same problem long time before and I just contacted their support not by phone call (waste of time and money) but just via online. It did not take too long to solve it.

•••
Instead of making overseas calls to GD why have you not just utilized their live support team? I remembered having this same problem long time before and I just contacted their support not by phone call (waste of time and money) but just via online. It did not take too long to solve it.

Trust me, I'd gladly use live support for free if I saw it than spend money and time talking. I've used it before when it worked. Now I can't find the option anywhere.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back