NameSilo

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by carob, Mar 12, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Someting is wrong either with Afternic in general, or Afternic-Uniregistry integration in particular.

After Uni was acquired by GD and until recently:

If the domain existed in Uni database, it is/was no more possible to directly add it to afternic. And, the Uni forsale status was irrelevant. One had to remove the domain from Uni before trying to add it to afternic. OK, let it so be...

Recently, something was changed:

A few days ago I performed a routine "conflicts check" @ Uni for a bunch of new domains. As usual, I added all the batch to Uniregistry (did not list for sale). After a few days, Uniregistry checked and resolved any and all duplicates/ownership conflicts. I immediately deleted all the batch from Uni, as I do not use them for sales or parking anymore.

The problem is that Afternic (or Uniregistry?) never "unfreezed" these domains within Afternic. If I try to add any of the domains in question to Afternic now - it would still show errors, after 2+ days! Affected domains are only those which I recently added to / deleted from Uni.

Yeah, I can send this list (a few dozens) to [email protected] afternic and they will take care of it. Maybe in 1 day, maybe in 2 weeks.

However, Afternic might want to check whether Uniregistry intergration is working as it is supposed to...

@Joe Styler - tagging just in case : )

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  3. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

This thread is also about fixes.

I'm noticing that response times from Afternic Support have greatly improved, lately. Thanks for that.

PS, a more neutral thread title like "Afternic.com Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)" would be beneficial to continuous discussion, idea sharing, help, and improvement of the Afternic product. Often I'd like to share not only problems, but can't find a good thread for this. Some other marketplaces and registrars already have more neutral thread titles, and interactions there are more diverse. Good thread titles make a difference. @Joe Styler perhaps you can request such a change with namepros.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  4. sevamaster

sevamaster Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

It's not possible to access Afternic from Russian IPs. Forced to use vpn.
    BTW, there is no IPs problems with GD.

5. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

We do block some IPs you would have to contact [email protected] with your account info and IP you are using for them to check your specific IP.

6. sevamaster

sevamaster Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

My provider gives me different IP every new time, when I load computer. But anyway these are IPs from Russian location.
    F.e. Now my IP is 178.187.245.248

And I got from Afternic the following message:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice