Watch

sameh mohamed

Account Closed
Impact
i just wonder about new domain name extension domain.online
is it worthy to own them or not as the good keyword domain already registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know at least 5 countries who booked .online.as their extension.
Untied States, China, Germany, Netherlands and United Kingdom all booked the .online extension. I did not see them doing that with other extensions.

•••
With advertise.online unless you have advertiseonline.com your only strengthening the dot com.

•••
With advertise.online unless you have advertiseonline.com your only strengthening the dot com.

Not really, times are changing, if you clearly advertise the address as w w w dot advertise dot online

If uses are going to wrong addresses, then they are missing out on what you are offering.

•••
Not really, times are changing, if you clearly advertise the address as w w w dot advertise dot online

If uses are going to wrong addresses, then they are missing out on what you are offering.

I doubt that the general public will be able to easily recall .online, especially with 1,000+ new extensions coming.

So I agree with @lock's comment that unless you own advertiseonline.com then you may just be strengthening the .com variation.

•••
Yes, it is correct, but the user is responsible for going to the correct address, and the advertiser is responsible for promoting (and making sure) the address properly (ie, making sure that if they do not own the dotcom that the visitor will not accidentally go there)

As for the ease in dotOnline recall, it depends on how the address is promoted, but it is very re-memorable and re-callable in my opinion, the gTLD was just opened for registration so its very early for it, but I think it has huge potential, more so than the upcoming .web ! :o

•••
I doubt that the general public will be able to easily recall .online, especially with 1,000+ new extensions coming.

So I agree with @lock's comment that unless you own advertiseonline.com then you may just be strengthening the .com variation.

I think there's two sides to this coin here beacuse a developed ****online.com may strengthen the equivalent ****.online also.

•••
haha doubleU, nice dotOnline you got there, Assess.. :P

•••
•••
That's right. A developed Dot Online.com will only strengthen the Dot Online, not the other way around.
Dot Online is the easiest new extension to remember, that is why so many people have used it before the Dot Com.
Advertise.online is stronger than Advertiseonline.com, good pick up!

•••
I know at least 5 countries who booked .online.as their extension.

That's right. A developed Dot Online.com will only strengthen the Dot Online, not the other way around.
Dot Online is the easiest new extension to remember, that is why so many people have used it before the Dot Com.
Advertise.online is stronger than Advertiseonline.com, good pick up!

What do you mean by "Booked" .online as their extension?

You need to remember one thing here... the general populace are NOT domainers. Most people would assume EVERYTHING is .COM.
I know this for a fact given the place that I work at and the people (college students) that I work with. People as a whole are singularly minded and only know/retain what they are comfortable with.

I run into this problem with many of my domain names. I pretty much stopped using different TLDs as email address because of the number of misguided emails sent to the wrong address.
Regardless of the fact that I emphasized the domain name and the extension, people just put .COM as the end (I am guessing out of habit).

Dont get me wrong... I am a big proponent of nTLDs and the speculative money that is/can be made here. I fully believe that nTLDs have the better ROI when a domain is sold.
I know full well however, that .COMs sell more often and have a longer track record then ALL of the nTLDs combined.

So your assertion that a developed KeywordOnline (dot) COM would strengthen a Keyword (dot) Online is incorrect at the present tense.

In several YEARS down the road when NEW TLDs have become mainstream, leaving less dependence and utilization of .COM, then at that point, YES I would agree with you *BUT* right now the people do NOT even know these extensions exist. No way in hell they will remember to without the .COM as a type in.

Cheers

•••
ChubbyDfat, you are right. The point is the early bird catches the worm ;)

•••
I should add that the second mouse gets the cheese :P

•••
Yes, it is correct, but the user is responsible for going to the correct address, and the advertiser is responsible for promoting (and making sure) the address properly (ie, making sure that if they do not own the dotcom that the visitor will not accidentally go there)
O.co: 63% leak rate. It's not exactly comparable but promotion is always gonna be hard when you're swimming against the tide.

Huh ? Nobody types .online URLs in this day and age.

I don't think any of the new extensions proponents have ever used a new gTLD for a serious business venture. The real shortcomings would then become more apparent (and painful).

•••
Of course I am speaking of a couple or a few years down the track. It will take time but it will happen.
It is obviously not now as it was only released 1 weeks ago.
Not only domainers are aware of the new extensions. I think a majority of people know about new extensions but it will take awhile until they are mainstream.
Those who got in early will be rewarded like anything that is a success.

•••
"Nobody types in .online URL;s in this day and age".
Funny that, it is only 7 days old.

•••
Of course I am speaking of a couple or a few years down the track. It will take time but it will happen.
It is obviously not now as it was only released 1 weeks ago.
Not only domainers are aware of the new extensions. I think a majority of people know about new extensions but it will take awhile until they are mainstream.
Those who got in early will be rewarded like anything that is a success.

No doubt about it that a shift is upon us. It is still up in the air on how it will play out but the good speculation money is in nTLDs.
It will be years in the making, have no false illusions about that. COM is king and will remain king as long as it is ingrained in peoples psyche. It will take years on years and many big companies to FULLY utilized (NOT to be read as Googles umbrella ABC company) new extensions.

We already see the shift happening with many large companies making their OWN nTLDs in their company names. Maybe the shift will continue and reach the mainstream and once that happens... then and only then will we see success in nTLDs and adoption in the populace at large.

So... wait some years... and then wait some years more and we may reach the point where nTLDs are interchangeable AND as memorable as .COM.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

•••
I am prepared to wait. The Internet age has just begun. 20 yeas in history is just a nano-second.
90 percent of companies use a Dot Com that I am sure they are not happy with because their first, second, third, fourth or fifth choice is not available or they cannot afford to purchase it.

The Large companies that are making their own nTLDs will shift the focus.

As Radix has been using in their new campaigns UnCOMplicate things. There is now a viable alternative for those 90 percent of companies and to me .online is the only General extension to be released to date that makes sense.

They seem to be doing a good job so far. I have been bombarded with .online banner ads on YouTube in the last week. People with online businesses now have a real alternative. Why would you use
Isellclassicoldstuff.com when you can register Vintage.online

•••
They seem to be doing a good job so far. I have been bombarded with .online banner ads on YouTube in the last week. People with online businesses now have a real alternative. Why would you use
Isellclassicoldstuff.com when you can register Vintage.online

That is more of a testament of your browsing habits then .ONLINES marketing.
I personally have seen zero .ONLINE banners but then again, I do not browse or look up anything pertaining to .ONLINE and my information is fairly well hidden.

Just notice the next time you are browsing something online.... how often you are seeing "ads" for that item afterwards. It is tailored marketing done by your search engine.

I would not get too happy because really... it is just wasting the resources of .ONLINE on a person who is already pro .ONLINE.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Is .Online recognized by search engines yet??

I have bought a few and have a couple parked at sedo.... But when I type their address in to google or my browser on my iPhone they don't show up.

Also.... I wonder if searches like
(**** online) will automatically put (****.Online) at the top of the page? An SEO gift perhaps??!!!

•••
Yes... if you type it in the url directly on a computer... it will bring up the site.
I am not sure that cell phones/tablets have been updated enough yet for nTLDs. I find the same problem on some of my tablets (older ones) where it just never allowed me to look up a site even if I directly put in the full url.

As far as SEO... I very much doubt that will happen. There is a lot that goes into SEO more then just name match.
Dont get me wrong... exact name match will help A LOT but it is NO GUARANTEE that you will come out as the top search.
You need new/fresh content, back links, proper page layouts with no format issues... a whole bunch of stuff goes into SEO to get ranked #1 for any given word(s). The more popular the word, the harder it is.

Cheers

•••
"Nobody types in .online URL;s in this day and age".
Funny that, it is only 7 days old.
So how does Dot Online.com strengthens the Dot Online since hardly anybody knows it even exists ?
Remember, we are domainers, but the layman has no clue...

I am prepared to wait. The Internet age has just begun. 20 yeas in history is just a nano-second.
But domainers want to cash in fast, they generally are not going to hold domains for ten or twenty years. They will go broke and drop out much sooner. Especially when they blew all their budget in EAP, or are stuck with hefty renewal fees. Buying domains is easy, selling them is difficult. And renewals suck.

90 percent of companies use a Dot Com that I am sure they are not happy with because their first, second, third, fourth or fifth choice is not available or they cannot afford to purchase it.
I wouldn't say 90 percent are unsatisfied with their domains, but rebranding is a costly operation. Just because there are more TLDs available doesn't mean the question will be put on the table. The incentive isn't that strong, unless your present domain really sucks awfully. But you don't want to ditch a bad domain for a domain that is possibly worse, or poses new, different issues (credibility, recognition, confusion etc).

Why would you use Isellclassicoldstuff.com when you can register Vintage.online
Indeed, now you can. What's holding you up ? Oh, there is one catch: plenty of premium keywords are hoarded by the registries and out of reach of normal end users... I don't think people are interested in new extensions if all they can is register second- or third-choice domains. They can stick to .com for that.

Wait wait ! Here's what Dynadot says:
Code:
vintage.online   Available   Registry Premium Domain   $6000.00

You know what I think ? The registries are actually working for us. They are making aftermarket domains even more attractive. Our prices don't look so absurd at all.

•••
east or west dot com is the best...
old is gold:xf.cool::xf.cool::xf.cool::xf.cool:

•••
"So how does Dot Online.com strengthens the Dot Online since hardly anybody knows it even exists ?
Remember, we are domainers, but the layman has no clue...".

Maybe you not the only intelligent sole out there? I think most people know about the new extensions. They are currently not mainstream as marketing campaigns are only just beginning and most of the extensions released to date have been rubbish. Have a look at the number of German folks who registered a Dot Online through 1 and 1 Germany.

"But domainers want to cash in fast, they generally are not going to hold domains for ten or twenty years. They will go broke and drop out much sooner. Especially when they blew all their budget in EAP, or are stuck with hefty renewal fees. Buying domains is easy, selling them is difficult. And renewals suck"

Who said that these domains have been snatched up by just domainers? I believe a vast majority have gone to people who will be using them instead of some Dot Com that makes no sense. A 30 dollar renewal fee to someone who is going to develop it is nothing. Domainers are not the only people in this world.

"Wait wait ! Here's what Dynadot says:
Code: vintage.online Available Registry Premium Domain $6000.00
You know what I think ? The registries are actually working for us. They are making aftermarket domains even more attractive. Our prices don't look so absurd at all."

Still, 6k is affordable to many business for a prime piece of Real Estate. Better to pay 6K
for Vintage.online that 775K for Vintage.com
You would still have a great keyword domain, same benefits with Google and still have 769K to use on the business for marketing purposes.

Some people make me laugh as they go on about History. History this and History that, blah, blah, blah.
I am only 44 years old, grew up without computers, had no mobile telephones, no satellites. I had to learn to type morse code. That was only 2 decades ago, nothing to do with history.
Maybe it is wiser to look to the future than the past.

Anyone who thinks that Dot Com domain prices are not losing value rapidly. has their eyes shut. Sure, the top 10 percent will always fetch a premium but the rest will be of no or little value in the future.

•••
"So how does Dot Online.com strengthens the Dot Online since hardly anybody knows it even exists ?
Remember, we are domainers, but the layman has no clue...".

Maybe you not the only intelligent sole out there? I think most people know about the new extensions. They are currently not mainstream as marketing campaigns are only just beginning and most of the extensions released to date have been rubbish. Have a look at the number of German folks who registered a Dot Online through 1 and 1 Germany.

"But domainers want to cash in fast, they generally are not going to hold domains for ten or twenty years. They will go broke and drop out much sooner. Especially when they blew all their budget in EAP, or are stuck with hefty renewal fees. Buying domains is easy, selling them is difficult. And renewals suck"

Who said that these domains have been snatched up by just domainers? I believe a vast majority have gone to people who will be using them instead of some Dot Com that makes no sense. A 30 dollar renewal fee to someone who is going to develop it is nothing. Domainers are not the only people in this world.

"Wait wait ! Here's what Dynadot says:
Code: vintage.online Available Registry Premium Domain $6000.00
You know what I think ? The registries are actually working for us. They are making aftermarket domains even more attractive. Our prices don't look so absurd at all."

Still, 6k is affordable to many business for a prime piece of Real Estate. Better to pay 6K
for Vintage.online that 775K for Vintage.com
You would still have a great keyword domain, same benefits with Google and still have 769K to use on the business for marketing purposes.

Some people make me laugh as they go on about History. History this and History that, blah, blah, blah.
I am only 44 years old, grew up without computers, had no mobile telephones, no satellites. I had to learn to type morse code. That was only 2 decades ago, nothing to do with history.
Maybe it is wiser to look to the future than the past.

Anyone who thinks that Dot Com domain prices are not losing value rapidly. has their eyes shut. Sure, the top 10 percent will always fetch a premium but the rest will be of no or little value in the future.

In other words, investing in .com is better because it's tried and true. Some ngtld registries like .Online are making the value of .com names even more justifiable due to .Online's outrageous pricing structure on premium domains.

Investing in ngtld names at this point is highly speculative. And probably the best way to go is going for the most sought after word1.word2.

•••
I think .online's price structure was reasonable and fair. They must think that they will achieve these prices.
I am seriously thinking about purchasing one at 6K.
The .com was sold for 1 million plus, so I think 6K is reasonable - plus I would develop it.
I am just waiting to see if they reduce the prices or have a Top Premium Sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back