Watch

sameh mohamed

Account Closed
Impact
i just wonder about new domain name extension domain.online
is it worthy to own them or not as the good keyword domain already registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.Com will always be king if the mountain but considering it's only a day old I would say it's too soon to say.
I was only able to grab 5. Crossing my fingers.

•••
.Com will always be king if the mountain but considering it's only a day old I would say it's too soon to say.
I was only able to grab 5. Crossing my fingers.

i know .com and i think no other domains extension will compete with it
but .online is so attractive you think that

•••
i know .com and i think no other domains extension will compete with it
but .online is so attractive you think that

As I said, I grabbed a few just as a calculated risk. I hope it pays off at the end.

•••
•••
I think (hope/pray) that the names that make sense and sound "correct" with the .online will do well down the road. I was shocked that I got ~75% of the ~20 names I pre-reg'd. Was somewhat worried that I got them but hopeful for the future.

•••
I think (hope/pray) that the names that make sense and sound "correct" with the .online will do well down the road. I was shocked that I got ~75% of the ~20 names I pre-reg'd. Was somewhat worried that I got them but hopeful for the future.
I stuck with 3 and 4 letter dictionary words that go with the extension and 1 two word domain. I'll wait a few weeks then throw the hooks in the water.
Congrats to you, please keep me posted on any sales.

•••
Thanks, will-do. I couldn't find any of the short ones but tried some multi word names like learnmandarin.online and others like that

•••
i notice strange thing on this kind of domain i searched for the domain at godaddy and found the price is
advertise.online $6,499.99
then i searched on reseller club i found the price as following $ 54,827.36
how come that very high difference ??? it should be the same if the owner offer it for sale any one have the answer ?

•••
Thanks, will-do. I couldn't find any of the short ones but tried some multi word names like learnmandarin.online and others like that

Still plenty of them left, just regged
BOGO. Online
Buy one get one.

•••
•••
i notice strange thing on this kind of domain i searched for the domain at godaddy and found the price is
how come that very high difference ??? it should be the same if the owner offer it for sale any one have the answer ?

Don't search thru Godaddy, use namecheap instead.
Good luck!

•••
Actually, the name is not yet registered. That $6.5K is the registries fee to register that name, as it is considered a premium name. Just think about it, a "reseller" is just that. They are selling the same product as GoDaddy at higher prices so they can make a buck (or many bucks), as well as the registry!

•••
I believe that the .online gTLD is easily the best extension released to date. They will have a good start over .web and a decent marketing budget. It was obvious that they would smash the domain name registration record and I was personally expecting 75000 plus in the first 24 hours. Hopefully they reach 100k.

I see tremendous future value in this domain extension. There were some excellent keyword domain names available for normal registration price. I pre-registered around 50 .online domain names around 2 years ago and I received around 30 today.

I personally see it as a far better investment to register keyword .online names than some ridiculous .com domain that makes no sense. Technology is constantly changing and .online is a winner.

I also bet my bottom dollar that in a year from now, .online will have the highest re-registration rate and plenty of news to come about this great extension.

Everything is done online these days including commerce, education, business, gambling, real estate, insurance ect.

For example, if you want to learn a language, it makes sense to type in LearnEnglish.online as it is clear
that the services being offered are "online services", not a traditional school.

If you are looking for an insurance quote, Insurance.online is the nuts.
I do everything online these days, including consumer shopping, pay bills, grocery shopping, gambling, banking, holidays, hotels, flights, all online.

Paying 10 bucks today for something like Vegashotels.online is a much better investment than xxxx for a .com with worse keywords or if you are into supplements, 10 bucks for Whey.online is better than xxxxx for the .com. There are 1000s of examples where .online really fits.

There were some excellent geo domains available like southkorea, perfect for an online magazine about South Korea for the price of a pizza. That would fetch xxxxxx in the .com space.

That's just my two cents. I purchased many .com names in the 90s but have been out of the game for years. Excited to be back.

.Com will be King for many years to come and may always be King but you are not a King is the word is ridiculous and makes no sense. The value of the .com market is in decline in my opinion. Yes, you will always see the big bucks for top, premium domains but the rest will suffer.

•••
I believe that the .online gTLD is easily the best extension released to date. They will have a good start over .web and a decent marketing budget. It was obvious that they would smash the domain name registration record and I was personally expecting 75000 plus in the first 24 hours. Hopefully they reach 100k.

I see tremendous future value in this domain extension. There were some excellent keyword domain names available for normal registration price. I pre-registered around 50 .online domain names around 2 years ago and I received around 30 today.

I personally see it as a far better investment to register keyword .online names than some ridiculous .com domain that makes no sense. Technology is constantly changing and .online is a winner.

I also bet my bottom dollar that in a year from now, .online will have the highest re-registration rate and plenty of news to come about this great extension.

Everything is done online these days including commerce, education, business, gambling, real estate, insurance ect.

For example, if you want to learn a language, it makes sense to type in LearnEnglish.online as it is clear
that the services being offered are "online services", not a traditional school.

If you are looking for an insurance quote, Insurance.online is the nuts.
I do everything online these days, including consumer shopping, pay bills, grocery shopping, gambling, banking, holidays, hotels, flights, all online.

Paying 10 bucks today for something like Vegashotels.online is a much better investment than xxxx for a .com with worse keywords or if you are into supplements, 10 bucks for Whey.online is better than xxxxx for the .com. There are 1000s of examples where .online really fits.

There were some excellent geo domains available like southkorea, perfect for an online magazine about South Korea for the price of a pizza. That would fetch xxxxxx in the .com space.

That's just my two cents. I purchased many .com names in the 90s but have been out of the game for years. Excited to be back.

.Com will be King for many years to come and may always be King but you are not a King is the word is ridiculous and makes no sense. The value of the .com market is in decline in my opinion. Yes, you will always see the big bucks for top, premium domains but the rest will suffer.

1. You joined this forum only yesterday, "coincidentally" on the first day that .online entered general availability.
2. You have written 5 messages so far, only about .online (and your username clearly suggests that you are a fan).
3. In all your 5 messages you are extremely positive about the future of .online, trying to incentivize as many people as possible to buy it.

It's difficult to escape the feeling that you have a certain interest in this domain extension.

•••
1. You joined this forum only yesterday, "coincidentally" on the first day that .online entered general availability.
2. You have written 5 messages so far, only about .online (and your username clearly suggests that you are a fan).
3. In all your 5 messages you are extremely positive about the future of .online, trying to incentivize as many people as possible to buy it.

It's difficult to escape the feeling that you have a certain interest in this domain extension.

:D you have good eye to notice that but i am the post owner that make me in this
Conspiracy :D

•••
1) Yes, actually only joined today. Yes, first day of .online general availability as that is what I am interested in. Is this forum not about .online opinions of domain name value? I have been reading for the past few months, thought I would join. I was into .com domains in the 90s.

2} Yes, 5 message so far, this will be the 6th and yes, big fan of ,online

3) Yes, extremely positive about .online otherwise I would not have pre-registered 50 domains two years ago and purchased my domains. I don't give a rats if people buy them or not. My 5 posts will not make any difference. It was obvious that .online would smash all the previous records. 100000 plus people are also positive about the extension.

I have an interest as I have purchased, I like the domain and was expressing my opinion. That is what this forum is for. My two cents make no difference what so ever, just happy to be on board. It is just strange how some say " leave it alone, has no value, that is just bizarre.

I feel it is the best extension in the market behind .com at a fraction of the price. With the numbers to be released today and over the next couple of weeks, many other people do too.

•••
I would make a simple argument again that I think .online will probably only worth as much as .website names, maybe a little bit more, if feeling optimistic.

Unless you have a KILLER name like America.Online

Last edited:
•••
BTW those who think only ridiculous names are available to reg in dot com are wrong, you just need to look harder.

.online is a weird one, as it does not mean anything, I mean obviously its online because you have a domain name. That said, it is one of the stronger gtld's I have seen and think it will do very well.

•••
1) Yes, actually only joined today. Yes, first day of .online general availability as that is what I am interested in. Is this forum not about .online opinions of domain name value? I have been reading for the past few months, thought I would join. I was into .com domains in the 90s.

2} Yes, 5 message so far, this will be the 6th and yes, big fan of ,online

3) Yes, extremely positive about .online otherwise I would not have pre-registered 50 domains two years ago and purchased my domains. I don't give a rats if people buy them or not. My 5 posts will not make any difference. It was obvious that .online would smash all the previous records. 100000 plus people are also positive about the extension.

I have an interest as I have purchased, I like the domain and was expressing my opinion. That is what this forum is for. My two cents make no difference what so ever, just happy to be on board. It is just strange how some say " leave it alone, has no value, that is just bizarre.

I feel it is the best extension in the market behind .com at a fraction of the price. With the numbers to be released today and over the next couple of weeks, many other people do too.

You say that you “don't give a rats if people buy them or not”, but you do find it “strange” and “bizarre” when people don’t invest in the .Online extension. Let me then say something strange and bizarre – that I find it strange and bizarre that people are investing in .online. A couple of reasons:

1. Online is not only an old-fashioned term, but also completely redundant (as I already pointed out in another thread it’s a pleonasm as we are all already online).

2. The extension is also redundant in another way, as you can register an infinite number of (better) domain names that include the word “Online” before the dot, e.g. online.work, online.zone, online.club, onlinecars.com, etc, etc. And equally you can register a domain name with more or less the same meaning: .site, .web, .website, etc.

3. The extension is too long – certainly when the characters don’t add any functional value (see points 1 and 2) and when shorter domains become increasingly more important. I also think it’s not aesthetically appealing when the word before the dot is shorter than the word after the dot.

4. You suggest that the price is better than .com’s, but the registration fee for premium accounts is often over $XXXX (for an unproven domain extension), and the renewal rate of .online is 5 times more expensive than .com.

5. There is already a shortened version of .Online, namely .Onl, which didn’t get anywhere. There are already 2 Chinese equivalents of Online (in Chinese characters), which also didn’t get anywhere. And one for online shopping will be released soon (.wanggou). So no proven trackrecord here, and there is even a danger that the .Onl might become the favorite in case .Online will become better known.

Last edited:
•••
It means something to me and I am sure many others out there.
It means you want a service provided online and it also sounds cool.

LearnEnglish.online or LearnEnglish.website?
Online is understood in a vast amount of languages including Chinese.
There are 750k domain names that already end with the string online and it is not constrained by
industry.

Plus, it is just very popular.

•••
The "rest" of dot com will suffer?

There are so many new gtlds that this kind of rubbish is only going to be spewed more and more by those with vested interest.

It is getting beyond a joke. People simply do not understand markets and value.

Everything has a reference point, dot com is that reference point and will always be the choice for 95% of those who can afford to get the name they want in com.

No more comments on this subject in any thread, as you will never be able to help everyone.

•••
It means something to me and I am sure many others out there.
It means you want a service provided online and it also sounds cool.

LearnEnglish.online or LearnEnglish.website?
Online is understood in a vast amount of languages including Chinese.
There are 750k domain names that already end with the string online and it is not constrained by
industry.

Plus, it is just very popular.

Last comment from me.

This line you said: There are 750k domain names that already end with the string online

Shows you why the name was chosen. To squat on the real brands who have names already.

•••
I think the numbers will speak a thousand words. If that was the case, then why is it smashing records.
It looks obvious to me but good luck.
Renewal fees may change. The .com renewal fees are so low because there are millions of garbage domains registered.
Anyway, time will tell.

•••
I think the numbers will speak a thousand words. If that was the case, then why is it smashing records.

Smashing records? I guess that is because the bar for new gTLD is so low to start with.
Pretty much every new gTLD from .CLUB to .VEGAS has grossly under-performed registry predictions.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back