IT.COM

No talk about 5l chips

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Flipsbay

Top Member
Impact
I see no one is talking or sharing any info about recent 5l chip buyout. last time i new near 30% was available from 3.2 million domains.

Why are not people talking about 5l chips.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Bought out around November

for me 200 llll since 2007 to 2015 total renewals
around $13k

my monthly sales income from other dn's are from $8k to 20k depends on my motivation and need to sell, so renewals are never a issue.

I completely agree with FX.

I find it simply amazing how so many investors just panic at the first sign of a temporary seasonal slowdown of some weeks to a month or so, and just look to offload and get whatever they can back for them even at a loss. I know people buying and selling out within weeks of registering them which I think is just crazy unless there's a serious reason for it.

The Chinese short and numeric market has moved up in recent months at a crazy pace despite a month of so correction that we've seen which you would expect due to the time of year. That being said, if you've managed to hold whatever you bought 3-6 months ago I challenge anyone to say they didn't make a serious ROI or at least sitting on a big paper one as of today.

The same is highly likely to happen with 5l.com chips. At some stage registrations will pick up strongly again and they will all be taken IMO. Patience and prudence is required like with anything, even with Billions of $ pouring in.

from 2007 to 2015 long time
i wonder if we have to stay another 7 years for 5l.coms to takeoff?!

can any one predict when will 5l.com will takeoff?

•••

No one can predict when it will happen, but my hunch is when 4l.coms go up to a certain level, probably closer to a $3k floor again then I think we will see a pick up in regs.

I do not think it will take more then 3-6 months from now to happen, but who knows for sure.
If we could see the future then it would be easy.

•••
I don't know how much they will worth in few months... but I need to sell now to pay all hospital bills, my mother need a surgery.. so now I can't wait even knowing they will worth a lot more than now

•••
I don't know how much they will worth in few months... but I need to sell now to pay all hospital bills, my mother need a surgery.. so now I can't wait even knowing they will worth a lot more than now

That is completely different and of course a legitimate reason to sell now.

I'm not talking about such cases and health comes first of course no matter the state of the present market.

I hope all works out well for your mother.

•••
That is completely different and of course a legitimate reason to sell now.

I'm not talking about such cases and health comes first of course no matter the state of the present market.

I hope all works out well for your mother.
Will work when I get the surgery money...

but thank you for your prayers

•••
Ok as we have started to talk about numbers lets look @ this way.

There are 160000 4l chips right?

Minimum sales price for 4l chips are 2000$ so 160k*2k = 320 million $
So the market @ reseller basis for 4l chips are 320 million$

Now lets talk about 5l chips

There are 3.2 million domains and you can hand reg one for 8$ even less if you know how to do so.
So the investment comes to 3.2m*8 = 256 million $ which is much less then 4l market by it self.

Now if we divide 4l chip price with 26 just because 5l has 1 letter more then 4l we get a minimum for 5l@ 76-77$

So the market becomes 2.4 billion$ @ relative pricing which in my view nothing as an investment to a few millioner players on the board or maybe a billioneer ( which i am not sure of though )

Now one more thing to look @ people from china love to gamble or you may say spaculate a lot. So it is possible they are playing it as that way as domains are rare. So it becomes comodity to them.

if we say 30% left which may seem a lot but we are ignoring 70% gone. in my view slow done @ 30% has a strategy they are smart people. They saw that when they regged bulk each day other people notice and they get competitors on the other hand if they slow down and reg based on research slowly no body will notice it and the chances of getting more domains is much more logical. In my view they left them as a bait. People will see no one is regging 30% and will wait a few days and start panic sell there domains and they will even get much more batter domains that are now available for hand reg @ near reg fee.

How i say ABACA domains sell @ 15$-17$ each @ name pros now its hard to sell even @ 15$ each. So its much more profitable to buy these then hand reg other domains.

Thats why you see a lot of activities on backorder then auction or reg platform. Good names are under valued so its batter to invest there.

i think every body got my point. Any new info will be very help full, and by the way reg had not stopped i still get competitor while i am regging in every 50 names at least 2-5 of them registers just after my search. So its not dead they are just filtering and then regging not randomly.

Thanks.

•••
can any one give me an opinion in my new one
HLLTF
i picked HLLTF.com
it contains a country code HL and 2 repeated letters LL
what do you think?

i also will register SNFFH.com its available now contains SN country code and 2 repeated letters FF

•••

my 200 llll.com chips are worth $500k if I unload them right now at $2.5k each

8 year renewal investment $13k

I did the same with 5n.com when everyone said there pointless I'm sitting here with my 2006/7 regs of 100+ say 150 5n and just waiting no rush or panic to sell anything.

When Shane posted about 6n he was right few doubted him and a few months later 6n are jumping in price.

Everyone is different in domaining people buy a domain get frightened and sell a week later at a loss.

Different strokes for different folks.

•••
I myself only entered 4l.com/5l.com and 6n.com's some months ago in a real way.
In that time 4l's are up around 3 or so time what I paid for them in just 2 and a bit months.

My 6n's have outperformed that increase when the hand reg type ones I bought from someone as part of a bulk deal are now probably $69 min at namejet and more for the better ones.

However, the premium 6n.coms just seem to go up more by the day even during this quiet period they are flying to almost unbelievable levels.

I'm not bragging here and no one knows what tomorrow may hold, just saying if you have a market you believe in and have a feel for, be it 4l.com chips, 5l.com chips, 5n/6n etc. then go for it with all you have and be prepared to hold and be patient until at least you are on paper up 3/4 times what you paid for your lesser names and then if need be sell those off and hold the better ones IMO.

This reging 5l.com and then dumping them for less then reg fee a few weeks later is just plain stupid IMO. At least give it some months to see how things pan out, you have a whole year if need be for the market to move forward, you paid for that right!

Each to their own, but the above is a strategy that is worth considering at least.

Last edited:
•••
Since this topic is alive today, I decided to pull some stats and share:

Current Generic 5L Chips Stats

As of 12/23/2015

Total-----Registered-----Reg %-----Remaining-----Rem %
3,200,000-----2,041,317-----63.79%-----1,158,683-----36.21%

As of 12/28/2015

3,200,000-----2,048,531-----64.02%-----1,151,469-----35.98%

So that is 0.23% movement or 7,214 5L.com chips registered over the last 5 days.

I'll post more updates every so often to this thread if you guys are interested.

***Keep in mind that about 1-2% more domains are registered than noted here.
This report was pulled from the zone file which exempts any domains without nameservers. Which as best as I can tell runs about a 1-2% average.

•••
Since this topic is alive today, I decided to pull some stats and share:

Current Generic 5L Chips Stats

As of 12/23/2015

3,200,000-----2,041,317-----63.79%-----1,158,683-----36.21%

As of 12/28/2015

3,200,000-----2,048,531-----64.02%-----1,151,469-----35.98%

So that is 0.23% movement or 7,214 5L.com chips registered over the last 5 days.

I'll post more updates every so often to this thread if you guys are interested.

***Keep in mind that about 1-2% more domains are registered than noted here.
This report was pulled from the zone file which exempts any domains without nameservers. Which as best as I can tell runs about a 1-2% average.
sure why not

•••

So until momentum picks up - at the current rate all 5L chips will be all gone in about 2 years. :D

(of course this period included the holidays)

I will be keeping my eye on it for the next few months and I think that will give a good indication of the markets "near" future.

•••
So until momentum picks up - at the current rate all 5L chips will be all gone in about 2 years. :D

(of course this period included the holidays)

I will be keeping my eye on it for the next few months and I think that will give a good indication of the markets "near" future.
I think it's hard to figure out the real indications during the week of one of the biggest holidays of the year for a part of world. Come mid-January or February comparisons, that should be an interesting comparison and indication.

•••
I think it's hard to figure out the real indications during the week of one of the biggest holidays of the year for a part of world. Come mid-January or February comparisons, that should be an interesting comparison and indication.

No doubt.

•••
It will take time but will surely go maybe mid 2016

•••
It will take time but will surely go maybe mid 2016
I agree. I wonder which will go first, 5L.com or something like LNNL.com.

•••
Yup cccc.com is pretty hot. This pattern A88A.com will be most sought after

•••
i have a feeling that all 5l will be gone so fast maybe in one day but cant know which day is...does domains market have a mafia guys?

i just knew that 98k were registered the last month i wonder who registered all of these?

i mean mafia ..the big business men we call them in forex market makers if you understand me

•••
•••
•••
it will be on
31.Juni 2017

or earlier
or later
HA! I definitely know it's not going to be ON that day (since it doesn't exist).

(Assuming Juni is June)

•••
•••
I'm in for the long haul - been here before :)

I picked 100 5L chips and now forgotten about them till they mature.

FX

•••

Everybody hopes will be just a bit shorter than 2007-2015 :)

•••

FX

When you find a market you feel confident in - you have to be in it for the long haul to make serious gains.

I personally am still undecided on the 5L market with all of the other "emerging trends" in the domain game. I want to think it is a matter of time before 5L pattern chips gain true value, but at the same time I haven't found myself willing to jump deep into this market at this time.

How long ago did you grab those 100 5Ls? Long enough ago to have the pick of the litter, I imagine?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back