IT.COM

new gtlds nGTLDs plateauing at 27-29million. Growth RATE has reduced by 90%

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
nGTLDs plateauing at 27-29million. Growth RATE has reduced by 90% . 4million regged in first quarter 2016 but less than 300,000 in first two months of 2017.
Lots of free-minimum drops to come, rather than plateauing at 30 million could be the peak and down hill from here.
Clear winner .com and note .click over 60% of sites scanned were spam or harmful to your computer's health, this is the last refugee for many of these strings, even for Frank's vision.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
....and it now redirects to their .com

•••
•••
That's hilarious. Circle of Life. The gtld bloodbath unfortunately is going to be long and painful for most, because the hype this time around was on full throttle

Last edited:
•••
That's hilarious. Circle of Life. The gtld bloodbath unfortunately is going to be long and painful for most, because the hype this time around was on full throttle

right... a lot of people reallly believed that the .com era was ending and market prices would crash and the new tlds would be the new standard. must be .mobi x 1000

•••
best keywords at reasonable prices are mostly taken. there is limited set of keywords that work for each new gtld

•••
best keywords at reasonable prices are mostly taken. there is limited set of keywords that work for each new gtld
And to continue on they have gotten wise with new releases, and ask insane pricing for these such keywords.

•••
And to continue on they have gotten wise with new releases, and ask insane pricing for these such keywords.

So true......

•••
I think with each new release the new gtlds will get weaker - the speculators will chase after the new releases - but its all short term hype. I think ntldstats.com should introduce an upcoming deletes league table - with the highest at the top :) - don't suppose the registries would like that though. But you can look up the extensions, one by one, and some of the figures are sky high. Does anyone know the period ntldstats are using for upcoming deletes i.e. is it the next 30 days or shorter than this?

•••
yesterday pumping activity...

xyz 6,175,037 +25,316 (Buying countries: Unknown)
loan 1,419,231 +25,808 (Buying countries: 99% China)
wang (net) 1,084,313 +98,087(Buying countries: 99% China+Taiwan)

Look completely unnatural to me these registration patterns. Most extensions don't grow that much and 3 add tens of thousands a day. Most activity is from China. Chinese don't even use the English word loan! I wonder what they are doing here?

They are really desperate to keep the numbers up.

Last edited:
•••
I think the trend will be to lower reg and renewal fees to increase interest and renewing. Plus there is still .web to come

•••
it's amazing that there is still a lot of hype going on. Not only will the new TLDs succeed, .com will also become obsolete and undesirable a few years from now. Sounds too optimistic IMO.

More likely that they will continue to struggle and become outdated before .com does.

comment said:
Rick’s perspective rings true in the short term, but doesn’t take into account the effect of .BRANDs being promoted in ads to make their owners look contemporary and hip. Within five years, .COMs will likely come to be seen as old-fashioned and stale.

https://onlinedomain.com/2017/02/28...-domain-investors-forced-sell-cheap/#comments

I am not seeing any .brand in ads personally.

Last edited:
•••
Who the hell is going to think I see BMW are using home.BMW that means there is a .horse or .blue, which are so fashionable I must get one to replace my .com which is so last year.
Some people hold on to hope because it's all that's left when the money runs out.

•••
It's an utter fallacy that the dot brands will do the heavy lifting in creating awareness of the new generic TLDs.
The two don't follow, they only do in a domainers biased mind.

•••
but can these registries lower reg and renewal fees for ever? many of them must be facing up to the fact that .com has stood rock solid whilst the ngtlds are robbing Peter to pay Paul with every new extension launched, and every new promotion run. The margins must be getting lower and any free or cheap promotion that is run today will, in another 12 months, be exposed for what it is as the 'upcoming deletes' show up and a lot of the previous years business simply drops away.

I took a look at Rightside group that runs a number of ngtlds and renewal rates under its Registry Services are showing in their latest accounts as 56.30% for the year end Dec 2016 (down from 58.60% for year end Dec 2015). Average Revenue per domain is shown as $24.40 (down from 30.69 in 2015). Total registrations are up to 565k from 401k but growth is hardly startling - and looks like it's plateauing already in a number of its extensions i.e. I noticed today on the stats site ntldstats.com that .news is currently showing as having 15,754 - that's 20.08% 'upcoming deletes'.

Last edited:
•••
Some will fail. Ones that make it need a $10 range reg and renewal price. I can't see extensions surviving on $20+ reg and renewal, except for killer keywords. Even .mobi and .biz must be losing renewals due to high prices.

•••
Essentially some domain hacks with Leftside.Rightside will work. Thats it .

You will be spending more money developing those and who knows how many registries are going to be around. So basing your business on extensions that are shaky, is not a great plan

Last edited:
•••
There's no place to sell the ngtlds other than through direct outreach, and no one is going to buy a name they can't see or find. You can't even register a .top at GoDaddy & can't auction it there. Namejet doesn't take most ngtlds. Afternic won't include them in their premium program. I've had some great ngtlds listed at ebay that no one even looks at. I've found it extremely difficult to flip a ngtld. I did sell FirstAmendment.press and good thing because Uniregistry wanted $76. for the renewal. I registered GameShow.host for $6 and then NameCheap wanted $84. for the renewal. (I did end up renewing it when NC dropped the price at the last minute) I don't know about others, but I can put $160 of renewals towards a decent .com I know I can sell and keep going. And what's with .club - names on the dropped list are premium again?

Most registrars default to .com if someone is searching for a name. Dot com is what registrars are pushing and it's what people will buy as long as registrars hold it up as the ideal.

I'm holding on to a select few ngtld domains that are marketable, but I don't have the money to wait for the registrars and consumers to get their act together and just adopt ngtlds into the flow of things. It's not that they're bad or that people wouldn't like them, it's that they're treated so differently. It seems to be the same strange reason the US never adopted the metric system really. We just keep using what we were used to and put the conversion in parentheses. We have 12 oz. sodas & beer, and 2 liter sodas, 500 ml bottles of water and buy meat by the pound. What's used in marketing is what sticks.

•••
I know what they are quoting. The reason for the Q1 difference is of course that in Q1 2016 many new extensions were released resulting in many new registrations, while that has not been the case in Q1 2017. Suppose .web and a couple of other new GTLDs would have launched on the 1st of January 2017, then the statistics would very likely have been different. That's why my comment: you can show anything with statistics!
Exactly.
There may have been only 300k in the first two months but in the first three months the number is 800k.
Another source to watch Ntldstats.com
Meanwhile, net, org, info remain flat.
com has dropped below 127m again @ 126,916. registrar stats.
Do your own homework people.
Happy Hunting

Last edited:
•••
Not sure where you get your stats to show .com 'dropped' to 127m. This end of year report from verisign seems to imply that .com increased in 4th quarter of 2016 (although it combines .com and .net and says they both increased by 1.7% from Q3) to 126.9m. The graphs show the colossal dominance of .com.

Last edited:
•••
nGTLDs plateauing at 27-29million. Growth RATE has reduced by 90% . 4million regged in first quarter 2016 but less than 300,000 in first two months of 2017.
Lots of free-minimum drops to come, rather than plateauing at 30 million could be the peak and down hill from here.
Clear winner .com and note .click over 60% of sites scanned were spam or harmful to your computer's health, this is the last refugee for many of these strings, even for Frank's vision.
one needs to look closely at the numbers and apply some common sense as well.

If you look you will see major losses among many TLDs.

Basically these massive losses are for the most part neutralized by a couple of extensions like .loan that add as much as 30k a day. .xyz is another one ATM.

There are over 1 million .loan registered. Do you really think end-users register 30k .loan a day?

No.

Do you think that over 1 million .loan make sense?

No.

.loan is of course incredibly cheap and selling as low as 70 cents.

so is .xyz

The stats are far worse than they might seem. What is really going on below the surface is that a lot of extensions are dead or being dropped and a few TLDs are being pumped to cover up the major losses the program is experiencing.

Adding bulk freebie or promo to prevent losses is like getting a loan to repay your debt. It won't work over the long term and sooner or later this has to burst.

The longer they keep the numbers up the harder this will crash and when it does it won't be pretty.

One thing though, I prefer .loans, not .loan ...

;) and I am in the midst of working with a multi billion dollar company using a .loans ;)

What you should really be saying, is you have a guy who knows what he is doing and you have a guy who invests frivolously and does not know a potato from a tomato ... Those who know what they are doing are going to be longtime winners in the end !

I promise you that ! Not by selling domains, oh no, by selling build outs from domain names that have caused quite a stir in the investment world, both good and bad ...

Last edited:
•••
Exactly.
There may have been only 300k in the first two months but in the first three months the number is 800k.
Another source to watch Ntldstats.com
Meanwhile, net, org, info remain flat.
com has dropped below 127m again @ 126,916. registrar stats.
Do your own homework people.
Happy Hunting
One thing though, I prefer .loans, not .loan ...

;) and I am in the midst of working with a multi billion dollar company using a .loans ;)

What you should really be saying, is you have a guy who knows what he is doing and you have a guy who invests frivolously and does not know a potato from a tomato ... Those who know what they are doing are going to be longtime winners in the end !

I promise you that ! Not by selling domains, oh no, by selling build outs from domain names that have caused quite a stir in the investment world, both good and bad ...

Two of the main rampers show up. Not getting away with it this time.

You are correct @168 - 800k last 3 months when you include December - still that's in comparison to 4 million in first 3 months in 2016. AND in the last 3 months .loan has added a million yes a million names alone, so what about the other 900 odd strings between them minus 200,000.

.loan
must be a fraudster/scammers dream with urls such as approved.loan, lowest-interest.loan baraclaybank.loan, HSBC.loan, AIA.loan............ and all for a dollar each. Their conversion rates must be great with such URLs in that they can look official to those desperate for a loan. All you have to do is pay a small set up fee with your CC or just give your personal details; then we scammers can sell on your details.
A million names that do nothing but POLLUTE the name space.
Your comment that .com is falling isnt even worth the effort to renounce.

And now Alessandro Couteau - people I beg you before you listen to this dribble to look how desperate he has been over the last year to sell Denver.Properties and Heart. Surgery. I warn you some of his threads look like a desperate man on his uppers.
But thats not my biggest gripe; where have we heard this before you need to develope, first minisites.com and then from the domainer developer of the year 2015 2014 2013 .......
And its always the same, if you only know what I do, you will become a multi millionaire. Working with billion dollar businesses, 7 and 8 figure sales but no detail no proof, just hot air to gain some sort of Icon status. Well we have had enough of Icons in domaining proclaiming if only you just believe in me riches will come.
Now for those links, the reality
https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-buys-gtlds.903410/ Probably the most desperate
https://www.namepros.com/threads/gtld-realestate-properties-healthcare-surgery.897973/ no offers
https://www.namepros.com/threads/heart-surgery.896340/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/heart-surgery.895016/
https://www.namepros.com/search/6802868/?page=3
It just goes on there are many more but you get the drift.

Last edited:
•••
Two of the main rampers show up. Not getting away with it this time.

You are correct @168 - 800k last 3 months when you include December - still that's in comparison to 4 million in first 3 months in 2016. AND in the last 3 months .loan has added a million yes a million names alone, so what about the other 900 odd strings between them minus 200,000.

.loan
must be a fraudster/scammers dream with urls such as approved.loan, lowest-interest.loan baraclaybank.loan, HSBC.loan, AIA.loan............ and all for a dollar each. Their conversion rates must be great with such URLs in that they can look official to those desperate for a loan. All you have to do is pay a small set up fee with your CC or just give your personal details; then we scammers can sell on your details.
A million names that do nothing but POLLUTE the name space.
Your comment that .com is falling isnt even worth the effort to renounce.

And now Alessandro Couteau - people I beg you before you listen to this dribble to look how desperate he has been over the last year to sell Denver.Properties and Heart. Surgery. I warn you some of his threads look like a desperate man on his uppers.
But thats not my biggest gripe; where have we heard this before you need to develope, first minisites.com and then from the domainer developer of the year 2015 2014 2013 .......
And its always the same, if you only know what I do, you will become a multi millionaire. Working with billion dollar businesses, 7 and 8 figure sales but no detail no proof, just hot air to gain some sort of Icon status. Well we have had enough of Icons in domaining proclaiming if only you just believe in me riches will come.
Now for those links, the reality
https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-buys-gtlds.903410/ Probably the most desperate
https://www.namepros.com/threads/gtld-realestate-properties-healthcare-surgery.897973/ no offers
https://www.namepros.com/threads/heart-surgery.896340/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/heart-surgery.895016/
https://www.namepros.com/search/6802868/?page=3
It just goes on there are many more but you get the drift.

Desperate, I have to admit that's a funny one. I marketed some of my domains including, Heart.Surgery in November of 2015 ;)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/heart-surgery.893587/

And I'm desperate to sell my name ?
Almost 6500 views, I am not even close to being desperate to sell Heart.Surgery or any of my Gtlds ... If I was, I would've taken the several offers, I received a long time ago ...
I have preached many times and will preach it again, the price is $100K

As for Denver.Properties, I spoke with the owner of Denver.com, the CEO of Kentwood Realestate, and many other famous faces in Denver Realestate ... It's hard to convince someone on a new subject but to say all of them were not intrigued, would be a straight up lie ... And in a Realestate market such as Denver, five figures (enduser pricing) is more then fair, you should study up, Denver is becoming the fastest growing city in Denver due to legalization of Marijuana and a healthy demographic of young people populating the city ...

Have you ever been outside your office cubicle ? Croatia is also booming in a different industry, that being tourism and hence the reason one of the most popular TV shows in the United States was filmed there,
Game of Thrones ... Don't forget StarWars or JamesBond ... I lived south of Dubrovnik in Cavtat for, oh say a couple years and I can tell you for a fact, unless you have been there, you don't have a clue, and I cannot blame you, most people don't even know where Croatia is ...

And I think for a couple years I have gained a competitive knowledge for Gtlds in general, proud owner of E.Credit and Easy.Credit and for those who even come close to doubting my integrity in the slightest, I signed a contract for %100 ownership of Mortgage.Loans by 2018

Look who owns Mortgage.biz and Mortgage.com

Yea I put my money where my mouth is, what about you ? ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
•••
From my experience in business and in the sharemarket, when talk is negative amongst the masses it's time to get in. Don't forget the Dot-Com bubble. I own accomodation.direct and creditcards.direct. Surely these two domains are of some value. It's the next best thing if you can't get or afford the .com versions. By having the extension direct, it actually refers to dealing with either the accomodation owner directly and the credit card provider directly.

•••
Well they'll be plenty of chance to 'get in' with the amount of drops coming up. This thread is about ngtlds plateauing (and as betthelot has pointed out - even those figures are buoyed up by the pumping up of .loan at a dollar each) - but in many cases they're retreating fast. Take a look at the new extensions here - some of the extensions have hardly got going, with very small registration numbers, and they're already falling back i.e. .news has only got 78k domains and now has 20.37% in 'upcoming delete' mode. .direct hasn't got many in 'upcoming delete' mode at the moment, but it is a tiny extension with under 10k domains registered and it doesn't appear to be growing much at the moment. Developing a website is a massive investment over a long period of time - so you'll want a tried and trusted extension. Would you want to have invested all that time in an extension that is barely used or recognised ?

Last edited:
•••
From my experience in business and in the sharemarket, when talk is negative amongst the masses it's time to get in.
In the face of no consumer demand ?

Don't forget the Dot-Com bubble.
The so-called Dot-Com bubble had nothing to do with domain names but startups. What do you mean ?

I own accomodation.direct and creditcards.direct. Surely these two domains are of some value. It's the next best thing if you can't get or afford the .com versions.
No the next best thing is usually another .com.
accomodation is a typo BTW (if this is what you own).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back