Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Who Buys Gtlds ?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
1,270
Looking and marketing some beautiful names and I am not getting any pulls. I am not looking for $100. I am looking for a reasonable market within the GTLD world.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
5
•••
Hopeful domainers?

:)

I mean seriously. I own Denver.Properties & DNS is asking $33,000 for Denver.Property

What Realestate company only sells property and not properties ? ;)

I own Heart.Surgery !!! It's a beautiful extension matching a keyword in a billion dollar industry yet people think I am crazy for asking six figures, lol... When names like Coffee.Club and Autism.Rocks are selling at $100K a pop... Am I blind ? Lol... I sell TLDs all day for different party's and I have a couple nice ones but my biggest stock is GTLDs. Maybe I am just being impatient but then again who buys GTLDs ? ;)
 
0
•••
those sales you quoted are "one-off" sales and may have been done just to promote or hype the extension.

.realestate will be up next, which shows how redundant some of these .whatevers are.

sure, you or anybody else can "ask" any amount you can dream of.

but make sure you dream up some buyers too

Good Luck!
 
6
•••
I mean seriously. I own Denver.Properties & DNS is asking $33,000 for Denver.Property

What Realestate company only sells property and not properties ? ;)

I own Heart.Surgery !!! It's a beautiful extension matching a keyword in a billion dollar industry yet people think I am crazy for asking six figures, lol... When names like Coffee.Club and Autism.Rocks are selling at $100K a pop... Am I blind ? Lol... I sell TLDs all day for different party's and I have a couple nice ones but my biggest stock is GTLDs. Maybe I am just being impatient but then again who buys GTLDs ? ;)

I own some premium names in GTLD's and I am going to hang on to them. I think you have some good ones. Have you approached potential buyers, or put any up for auction?
 
1
•••
Yes I've cold called many business but not for Heart.Surgery. It's kind of crazy to cold call random people and ask for six figures. Lol, but I guess I am gonna have to soon.
 
0
•••
I think there will always be sales on new gTLDS but I've always looked at them as at least a 5 yr. investment before they become more mainstream.

Way too much money being invested, change just takes time.. ;)
 
3
•••
Just sold a new gTLD to a large corp., I could share but out of respect to them and their investors I'm not going to. Not sure if it's for brand protection or if they're planning on using it. If at some point they launch a new site on it etc.. I'll post the name.

Also just a heads up for some. When you get an inquiry though an agent Website where the buyer pays to contact you and they have to pay them a % of the sale price plus all other fees think real hard about who this might be. I figured it out pretty quick, although it was a tough negotiation it reached a nice ROI I could live with this early in the game.
 
4
•••
3
•••
0
•••
I like the creativity potential they offrr
 
1
•••
He also contradicts himself buy then saying how great he thought .web could be. :lookaround:

I think it was only in 1997 2% of the world population had Internet too. ;)

What part is the contradiction? He's saying they pretty much all suck, except that .web has the best chance. Which make sense, since it's neutral, generic, or whatever you want to call it and the best one from the new bunch, so obviously it'll get the most regs. Which one out already do you think is a better generic? xyz? online? link? It's the most watched.
 
1
•••
What part is the contradiction? He's saying they pretty much all suck, except that .web has the best chance. Which make sense, since it's neutral, generic, or whatever you want to call it and the best one from the new bunch, so obviously it'll get the most regs.

Either they all suck or they don't, didn't even see the point of him bring up .web if he's so negative on new gTLDS. :laugh:
 
0
•••
Either they all suck or they don't, didn't even see the point of him bring up .web if he's so negative on gTLDS. :laugh:

Get it out of your system, so then 2016 will be the year you actually read, it'll save a lot of time.

The ones out so far suck. .web isn't out yet. He thinks, as a lot of people do, it'll have the best chance from these new gtlds when it's all said and done.
 
0
•••
Get it out of your system, so then 2016 will be the year you actually read, it'll save a lot of time.

The ones out so far suck. .web isn't out yet.

Get what out of my system JB?
 
0
•••
Get what out of my system JB?

Reading comprehension issues. I don't think you even actually read the post:

"But if .web were already out, it is my opinion half of the gTLDs would be on life support if they are not already. .web could become the next .com or the next .net. Either position is stronger than all others imo."

It's pretty clear he singles that one out from the rest. It's why I think you didn't read his post, then you would know he's not throwing that one in with the others. Is it really a stretch that the most watched new extension has the best chance? When most are niche and there are very few true generics?
 
1
•••
Reading comprehension issues. I don't think you even actually read the post:

"But if .web were already out, it is my opinion half of the gTLDs would be on life support if they are not already. .web could become the next .com or the next .net. Either position is stronger than all others imo."

It's pretty clear he singles that one out from the rest.

I did read it, long before it was posted here and he clearly doesn't like new gTLDS. But then he says .web might beat all and have the best long term shot at .com. Give me a break, it's not anymore generic than .xyz. He would have been better off sticking with his comment that he doesn't like new gTLDS, period.
 
0
•••
I buy obvious winners. Names I can sell tomorrow via outbound marketing.
If you can't go out and confidently sell it tomorrow for $xxx, it won't be worth anything 10 years from now IMO.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I did read it, long before it was posted here and he clearly doesn't like new gTLDS. But then he says .web might beat all and have the best long tern shot at .com. Give me a break, it's not anymore generic than .xyz. He would have been better off sticking with his comment that he doesn't like new gTLDS, period.

The all or nothing is what you're saying, not him. I just quoted him and yet you still don't get it. And put up .web vs. .xyz poll here. You won't like the results. You really think .xyz is better than .web and if some company had to choose between the 2, more would go with .xyz?

"He would have been better off sticking with his comment that he doesn't like new gTLDS, period."

You would be better off reading and not misrepresenting what he posts. Again, goes back to comprehension, he clearly singles out .web from the rest. You don't get this? Even tho he flat out says it has the best chance? You don't like, because you're invested in .xyz.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
The all or nothing is what you're saying, not him. I just quoted him and yet you still don't get it. And put up .web vs. .xyz poll here. You won't like the results. You really think .xyz is better than .web and if some company had to choose between the 2, more would go with .xyz?

Oh so you think he's Super Man and can predict the future? LOL He says .web in the quote could beat .com or .net.

Quote: ".web could become the next .com or the next .net."

Is this your new position, along with the KING.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back