IT.COM

Who Buys Gtlds ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alessandro Couteau

Top Member
Impact
Looking and marketing some beautiful names and I am not getting any pulls. I am not looking for $100. I am looking for a reasonable market within the GTLD world.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hopeful domainers?

:)

I mean seriously. I own Denver.Properties & DNS is asking $33,000 for Denver.Property

What Realestate company only sells property and not properties ? ;)

I own Heart.Surgery !!! It's a beautiful extension matching a keyword in a billion dollar industry yet people think I am crazy for asking six figures, lol... When names like Coffee.Club and Autism.Rocks are selling at $100K a pop... Am I blind ? Lol... I sell TLDs all day for different party's and I have a couple nice ones but my biggest stock is GTLDs. Maybe I am just being impatient but then again who buys GTLDs ? ;)

•••
those sales you quoted are "one-off" sales and may have been done just to promote or hype the extension.

.realestate will be up next, which shows how redundant some of these .whatevers are.

sure, you or anybody else can "ask" any amount you can dream of.

but make sure you dream up some buyers too

Good Luck!

•••
I mean seriously. I own Denver.Properties & DNS is asking $33,000 for Denver.Property

What Realestate company only sells property and not properties ? ;)

I own Heart.Surgery !!! It's a beautiful extension matching a keyword in a billion dollar industry yet people think I am crazy for asking six figures, lol... When names like Coffee.Club and Autism.Rocks are selling at $100K a pop... Am I blind ? Lol... I sell TLDs all day for different party's and I have a couple nice ones but my biggest stock is GTLDs. Maybe I am just being impatient but then again who buys GTLDs ? ;)

I own some premium names in GTLD's and I am going to hang on to them. I think you have some good ones. Have you approached potential buyers, or put any up for auction?

•••
Yes I've cold called many business but not for Heart.Surgery. It's kind of crazy to cold call random people and ask for six figures. Lol, but I guess I am gonna have to soon.

•••
I think there will always be sales on new gTLDS but I've always looked at them as at least a 5 yr. investment before they become more mainstream.

Way too much money being invested, change just takes time.. ;)

•••
Just sold a new gTLD to a large corp., I could share but out of respect to them and their investors I'm not going to. Not sure if it's for brand protection or if they're planning on using it. If at some point they launch a new site on it etc.. I'll post the name.

Also just a heads up for some. When you get an inquiry though an agent Website where the buyer pays to contact you and they have to pay them a % of the sale price plus all other fees think real hard about who this might be. I figured it out pretty quick, although it was a tough negotiation it reached a nice ROI I could live with this early in the game.

•••
•••
•••
I like the creativity potential they offrr

•••
He also contradicts himself buy then saying how great he thought .web could be. :lookaround:

I think it was only in 1997 2% of the world population had Internet too. ;)

What part is the contradiction? He's saying they pretty much all suck, except that .web has the best chance. Which make sense, since it's neutral, generic, or whatever you want to call it and the best one from the new bunch, so obviously it'll get the most regs. Which one out already do you think is a better generic? xyz? online? link? It's the most watched.

•••
What part is the contradiction? He's saying they pretty much all suck, except that .web has the best chance. Which make sense, since it's neutral, generic, or whatever you want to call it and the best one from the new bunch, so obviously it'll get the most regs.

Either they all suck or they don't, didn't even see the point of him bring up .web if he's so negative on new gTLDS. :laugh:

•••
Either they all suck or they don't, didn't even see the point of him bring up .web if he's so negative on gTLDS. :laugh:

Get it out of your system, so then 2016 will be the year you actually read, it'll save a lot of time.

The ones out so far suck. .web isn't out yet. He thinks, as a lot of people do, it'll have the best chance from these new gtlds when it's all said and done.

•••
Get it out of your system, so then 2016 will be the year you actually read, it'll save a lot of time.

The ones out so far suck. .web isn't out yet.

Get what out of my system JB?

•••
Get what out of my system JB?

Reading comprehension issues. I don't think you even actually read the post:

"But if .web were already out, it is my opinion half of the gTLDs would be on life support if they are not already. .web could become the next .com or the next .net. Either position is stronger than all others imo."

It's pretty clear he singles that one out from the rest. It's why I think you didn't read his post, then you would know he's not throwing that one in with the others. Is it really a stretch that the most watched new extension has the best chance? When most are niche and there are very few true generics?

•••
Reading comprehension issues. I don't think you even actually read the post:

"But if .web were already out, it is my opinion half of the gTLDs would be on life support if they are not already. .web could become the next .com or the next .net. Either position is stronger than all others imo."

It's pretty clear he singles that one out from the rest.

I did read it, long before it was posted here and he clearly doesn't like new gTLDS. But then he says .web might beat all and have the best long term shot at .com. Give me a break, it's not anymore generic than .xyz. He would have been better off sticking with his comment that he doesn't like new gTLDS, period.

•••
I buy obvious winners. Names I can sell tomorrow via outbound marketing.
If you can't go out and confidently sell it tomorrow for $xxx, it won't be worth anything 10 years from now IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I did read it, long before it was posted here and he clearly doesn't like new gTLDS. But then he says .web might beat all and have the best long tern shot at .com. Give me a break, it's not anymore generic than .xyz. He would have been better off sticking with his comment that he doesn't like new gTLDS, period.

The all or nothing is what you're saying, not him. I just quoted him and yet you still don't get it. And put up .web vs. .xyz poll here. You won't like the results. You really think .xyz is better than .web and if some company had to choose between the 2, more would go with .xyz?

"He would have been better off sticking with his comment that he doesn't like new gTLDS, period."

You would be better off reading and not misrepresenting what he posts. Again, goes back to comprehension, he clearly singles out .web from the rest. You don't get this? Even tho he flat out says it has the best chance? You don't like, because you're invested in .xyz.

Last edited:
•••
The all or nothing is what you're saying, not him. I just quoted him and yet you still don't get it. And put up .web vs. .xyz poll here. You won't like the results. You really think .xyz is better than .web and if some company had to choose between the 2, more would go with .xyz?

Oh so you think he's Super Man and can predict the future? LOL He says .web in the quote could beat .com or .net.

Quote: ".web could become the next .com or the next .net."

Is this your new position, along with the KING.

•••
Oh so you think he's Super Man and can predict the future? LOL He says .web in the quote could beat .com or .net.

Quote: ".web could become the next .com or the next .net."

Is this your new position, along with the KING.

Left out "Either position is stronger than all others imo."

No, of course not. .com will always be at the top. .web would be more for those that would consider a .net. It's always been my position that .net and .web would be the first 2 best neutral options. Second tier type stuff. Pick one better. I think it's better than the old school .info, .biz, better than any of the ones from the new bunch. And I expect that time will bear that out. You don't think it'll be number 1 in reg numbers over the same period of time vs. the other new ones? I think it'll bury them, no discounting needed. Post what you think will happen and we'll see who's right in the future. Give me something to bump.

As far as:

Looking and marketing some beautiful names and I am not getting any pulls. I am not looking for $100. I am looking for a reasonable market within the GTLD world.

Aren't you supposed to wait like 5 or 10 years? That's what a lot of people are hoping. Something magic is supposed to happen in that time frame. You're not getting any pulls, because you're trying to push something most non-domainers have never heard of, with not much history.

Last edited:
•••
Left out "Either position is stronger than all others imo."

No, of course not. .com will always be at the top. .web would be more for those that would consider a .net. It's always been my position that .net and .web would be the first 2 best neutral options. Second tier type stuff. Pick one better. I think it's better than the old school .info, .biz, better than any of the ones from the new bunch. And time will bear that out. You don't think it'll be number 1 in reg numbers over the same period of time vs. the other new ones? I think it'll bury them, no discounting needed.

I did leave that out but in fact he says in a new sentence, quote, .web could become the next .com or the next .net. This is what seemed twisted, hating all the ones released but then saying .web could be the next .com.

I do like .web but it will depend on who get's the rights to the extension. If Donuts grabs it, then it will be a success IMO but not sure about some of the others running things right.

IMO .web is no better than .now but who am I to say which is better.

•••
JB you should stop editing all your posts after people reply. This is why I do a full quote on your comments, because you go back and change everything after people reply.

I think edit is more for typo's right?

And per one of your changes above I do have .xyz domains but also many others and they don't dominate my portfolio. ;)

•••
JB you should stop editing all your posts after people reply. This is why I do a full quote on your comments, because you go back and change everything after people reply.

I think edit is more for typo's right?

And per one of your changes above I do have .xyz domains but also many others and they don't dominate my portfolio. ;)

That's something else you can work on for 2016. You've mentioned that before, I answered it before. There are times I make a post and think of something else and add it. Normal stuff. The post you mentioned, added to it about the same time you posted, I think less than a minute difference.

And this is just lying - "because you go back and change everything after people reply"

Your own quoting me bears that out. As I said, I do add stuff if something else comes to mind. You know you always quote that as well. The edit button is exactly for what the word edit means - https://www.google.com/search?q=define:edit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Last edited:
•••
Rather than you pointing out things for me to work on in 2016 maybe you should worry about yourself. Just saying... ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back