Alessandro Couteau

Top Member
Impact
Premium GTLD
Estibot Value on Heart.Surgery is $14,000
Estibot Value on HeartSurgery.com is $71,000

I think this name is along the same lines of Coffee.Club

Curious to hear other opinions on the value and the intrinsic value

Update : Close to one hundred people view this one posting everyday ... It's insane ! My intelligent responses are on page 10 & 11 but for the first 5 or 6 pages I was defending my investment for anybody who maybe curious ...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
great combination.

Enduser can pay upto $20k for it.

GLWS

•••
I agree, it is great. I am not sure about the exact price (and would not take Estibot estimates for granted) - but yes, probably this domain has potential for $xx,xxx to the right end user.

•••
When the keyword and the extension fit PERFECT the result is high $x.xxx- mid $xx.xxx. Nice catch folk.

•••
i think if well marketed and promoted a heart surgery place could pay upwards of 100K but for BIN maybe 20K or more A++++
also there are several thousand heart surgery places in the world

•••
Impressive!

While I do not follow the .surgery marketplace I would envision the name being highly valued in that marketplace!

•••
transplant.surgery is also available, I have worked in the medical IT industry for a long time, the problem with this industry is that they are mostly operated by long-standing organizations (universities / hospitals) who is often not very eager to change their existing infrastructure, it is very difficult to convince them to change/upgrade their system and often it is true that the organisation is their brand. I have decided not to invest in any medical related domains, I think it will take another 50 years before the medical industry will adapt to the new domains available today. Even institutes like Harvard is unwilling to pay for Harvard.study, they say they already have a website, they don't need another one. Id like to think that everyone should be as excited as I am about technology. domains, but quite frankly they are not, I am just saying....goodluck

•••
transplant.surgery is also available, I have worked in the medical IT industry for a long time, the problem with this industry is that they are mostly operated by long-standing organizations (universities / hospitals) who is often not very eager to change their existing infrastructure, it is very difficult to convince them to change/upgrade their system and often it is true that the organisation is their brand. I have decided not to invest in any medical related domains, I think it will take another 50 years before the medical industry will adapt to the new domains available today. Even institutes like Harvard is unwilling to pay for Harvard.study, they say they already have a website, they don't need another one. Id like to think that everyone should be as excited as I am about technology. domains, but quite frankly they are not, I am just saying....goodluck

Thank you for your concern but I have already gotten some great feedback as well as semi nice offers. Either way; I don't think I would take less then 50K for it.

•••
I would like to know what is the basis for 50K or 100K appraisals, as there is no established market. Even in .com few domains sell in that range. I'm afraid .surgery is another .travel: a niche TLD that nobody cares about even in the target professional group. PS: don't trust automated appraisal tools, and again the valuations mean nothing in the absence of an established market.

•••
I would like to know what is the basis for 50K or 100K appraisals, as there is no established market. Even in .com few domains sell in that range. I'm afraid .surgery is another .travel: a niche TLD that nobody cares about even in the target professional group. PS: don't trust automated appraisal tools, and again the valuations mean nothing in the absence of an established market.

It's a predominant Keyword Combination; even though a GTLD, this name is easily brandable just like Coffee.Club.

So much potential.

•••
Appreciate the feedback ! Anyone else care to offer ? I listed the name in Make Offer if anybody is really interested. All offers will be looked into. Thank you

•••

Wine.Club 140000 USD 2015-01-13 NamesCon 2015/RightOfTheDot
3d.software
100001 USD 2015-05-08 Rightside
dui.attorney
100001 USD 2015-06-01 Private
Vegas.Club
100000 USD 2015-01-13 Right Of The Dot
net.work
100000 USD 2015-06-16 Mind + Machines
Autism.Rocks
100000 USD 2015-06-18 Sedo
Transfer.Money
90000 USD 2015-06-17

Learn your GTLDS before you write here.
Tube.Webcam sold for $175,000 in my opinion this is a way better name in a way more exclusive and expensive market

•••
Here are few points:
1. Many people reading this thread might have heard about dot surgery for the first time like me.
2. New TLDs are difficult to market since big businesses prefer dot VeriSign.
3. Resellers are very skeptical about new TLDs which are not much popular so it is very rare that any reseller would like to invest a huge sum in such names.

let's look at some sales trend of similar nTLDS

autogas.expert May2014 $ 12,500.00 USD
experts.academy March2014 $ 12,500.00 USD
propane.expert May201 $ 12,500.00 USD
autism.rocks June2015 $ 100,000.00 USD
blackandwhite.photography February2014 $ 12,500.00 USD
color.photography February2014 $ 12,500.00 USD
magazine.photography March2014 $ 3,500.00 USD

Now Let's look at some sales of heart and surgery related names

heartratemonitor.com January 2007 $ 55,000.00 USD
heartvalvesurgery.com February 2012 $ 12,000.00 USD
healthyheart.org April 2014 $ 8,200.00 USD
heart.me November 2011 $ 5,050.00 USD
heartsurgeon.org September 2010 $ 1,400.00 USD
cosmeticsurgery.net December 2006 $ 20,000.00 USD
plasticsurgery.info March 2011 $ 14,805.00 USD
Source: dnpric.es

Looking at these trends, there seems a possibility of selling this name at a good price. But since you have to find an end user or vice-versa for a good price, it will be difficult to make a quick sale.
Also, the previous sales and selling prices are not much relevant to the pricing of too niche or specialized markets since the price is determined by the necessities and budget allocated by the end user. Unlike generic names or names in the trend which are highly liquid due to a ready market.

I would value this domain at Mid to high XXXX.
My honest opinions.
Hope you could make a lot more than that.

•••
People who are appraising this at at above $20k need to come back to reality, seriously, there is no market for .surgery

Now, let me say that at least the keyword goes with the extension, there is a bonus, but that wont make it a $50k sale

Name like Wine.Club, Coffee.Club, 3D.Software have an endless end-user base and there are 1000's of 3D, Wine and Coffee companies around the world, when it comes to this name, who will use it? A heart surgeon to develop a website, maybe, but he is more likely to get a .COM (like DrSmith.com) because they would not have heard of .surgery.....Heart Surgeries are not going to call their business Heart.Surgery or HeartSugery.com for that matter...its just not the way they work, go and google "Heart Surgery" and you will see what I mean

A hospital or private surgery? I cant see this happening with, most will already have developed sites or will use .COM

It could be used as an informational site on heart surgery, and then the issue is you will struggle to find someone willing to pay $10k, forget about $50K for an informational site

•••
Learn your GTLDS before you write here.
You posted a couple sales. A few fluke sales doesn't mean there is market. I can do the same for pretty much any extension, I can throw off a number of reported sales that are totally non-representative, and use those sales to claim any TLD is investment-worthy.
Besides, the seller usually is the registry, not a domainer.
Really think you are going to score five-figure sales easily ? The odds are slim.

•••
You posted a couple sales. A few fluke sales doesn't mean there is market. I can do the same for pretty much any extension, I can throw off a number of reported sales that are totally non-representative, and use those sales to to claim any TLD is investment-worthy.
Besides, the seller usually is the registry, not a domainer.
Really think you are going to score five-figure sales easily ? The odds are slim.

Easily ? Lol. You think it was easy to get Heart.Surgery ? There asking a 4000 Euro renewal by the year for Eye.Surgery.
This Name is Prime and I won't justify your need to destroy someone's reputation and view on GTLDS because of your obsession with COM names. You only believe COM names can reach six figures but you're far off

•••
People who are appraising this at at above $20k need to come back to reality, seriously, there is no market for .surgery

Now, let me say that at least the keyword goes with the extension, there is a bonus, but that wont make it a $50k sale

Name like Wine.Club, Coffee.Club, 3D.Software have an endless end-user base and there are 1000's of 3D, Wine and Coffee companies around the world, when it comes to this name, who will use it? A heart surgeon to develop a website, maybe, but he is more likely to get a .COM (like DrSmith.com) because they would not have heard of .surgery.....Heart Surgeries are not going to call their business Heart.Surgery or HeartSugery.com for that matter...its just not the way they work, go and google "Heart Surgery" and you will see what I mean

A hospital or private surgery? I cant see this happening with, most will already have developed sites or will use .COM

It could be used as an informational site on heart surgery, and then the issue is you will struggle to find someone willing to pay $10k, forget about $50K for an informational site

Already got an offer for 10K buddy ;) lol.
You sure know what you're talking about

•••
Seriously ? Why are you attacking me ? I'm not knocking you down, just adding some much-needed perspective here.

You're saying the renewal fee will be 4000 euros ? And what was the acquisition fee ?
That means you need to find a buyer that is really motivated. I wonder who is going to pay an insane renewal fee like that. I'm not obsessed with .com, but with that kind of budget obviously you can buy a nice .com and don't worry about recurrent costs.
Good luck with that. The registry could even jack up the price, you have no control over that really.

Also, I doubt you have a plan B. Can you use this domain name, be your own end user if you can't sell it ? It doesn't sound so easy to develop this kind of domain.

•••
Seriously ? Why are you attacking me ? I'm not knocking you down, just adding some much-needed perspective here.

You're saying the renewal fee will be 4000 euros ? And what was the acquisition fee ?
That means you need to find a buyer that is really motivated. I wonder who is going to pay an insane renewal fee like that. I'm not obsessed with .com, but with that kind of budget obviously you can buy a nice .com and don't worry about recurrent costs.
Good luck with that. The registry could even jack up the price, you have no control over that really.

Also, I doubt you have a plan B. Can you use this domain name, be your own end user if you can't sell it ? It doesn't sound so easy to develop this kind of domain.

Alright I just felt like you were attacking me especially with the replies related to the XYZ Thread... I know this name takes money to develop but if the right person comes along and chooses to gamble then the investment could be worth far more the cost of the name; the renewal is $499 a year for heart surgery. Eye.surgery is 4000 euro a year. You compare the two and see that heart surgery is more keyword popular then the eye. Offer of 10K was received and I declined as I truly do believe this name in 5-10 years could be worth 100 times that amount. Health care is a crucial industry and the fact the United HealthCare bought Brain.Surgery and United.Healthcare proves my point. BrainLab was the seller if you want to look that evidence up... And yes you're against me when saying I can't reciece 5 figures for a name in which I have already received. To a heart surgeon it's nothing. And someone who knows that's Will step forward in time.

•••
What doctor is going to name their practice "Heart.Surgery"? Heart surgery is a procedure, and not a business. I'm curious to who would buy it? If you do a google search for heart surgery, you can see the type of companies that would use it, which is not a medical practitioner, hospital, etc ... in fact, nobody really would.

If you get any offer whatsoever I would take it and not be greedy. Estibot is very misleading with the new extensions. I own civil.services, and estibot says it's worth 9k. And not a chance of that.

I hate to say this, but I say it's only worth the reg fee (or a lot less), like all of the new extensions.

•••
Lo
What doctor is going to name their practice "Heart.Surgery"? Heart surgery is a procedure, and not a business. I'm curious to who would buy it? If you do a google search for heart surgery, you can see the type of companies that would use it, which is not a medical practitioner, hospital, etc ... in fact, nobody really would.

If you get any offer whatsoever I would take it and not be greedy. Estibot is very misleading with the new extensions. I own civil.services, and estibot says it's worth 9k. And not a chance of that.

I hate to say this, but I say it's only worth the reg fee (or a lot less), like all of the new extensions.
lol hilarious response. It doesn't matter if a doctor or hospital buys it !!! The name is beyond the six figure. It's not a COM but whoever made a notation that COM was the only way ? Heart.Surgery does not need to be marketed by a SURGEON ?! It can be market by anybody who takes a commision off each link to heart surgery ... Think about that. GTLDS have long been lost but now is a time for people to awaken to the possibilities of the shorter of the two. COM has risen an empire that Verasign has acquired believers like you. They have had their time but now is a time for something not even the enternet world can comprehend ...

Last edited:
•••
I like the name but I think you're overvaluing it myself. However its your domain and you can price it whatever you like. Regardless of it not being a dot com, if you owned Cosmetic.Surgery, your prices would make sense to a lot of people here. Also remember the registry isn't going release an ultra premium name for peanuts. If it's worth 5-6 figures like you say it is, they would certainly keep the name and auction it off themselves.

Just my opinion though. Best of luck.

•••
Well, the domain has been available for over a year now, and if you think it's worth 100k and everybody just missed that, I'm afraid that's not the case. Now, if you bought it during pre-reg or sunrise in June 2014, and not just 2 days ago, I would think there may have been a better chance. I'm afraid there is not going to be a market for the name. But you're not the only one who has fallen into this trap. I bought US.Directory and US.Finance "at pre-reg", only to find out they're only worth probably the reg fee or a little more. So I'm saying this from experience. I had high hopes that a phone company, etc... would buy US.Directory.

So I'm afraid that you didn't stumble on to a buy that everyone overlooked. Sell it at auction and try to get your money out of it is what I would suggest. Like I said, I did the exact same thing.

•••
I like the name but I think you're overvaluing it myself. However its your domain and you can price it whatever you like. Regardless of it not being a dot com, if you owned Cosmetic.Surgery, your prices would make sense to a lot of people here. Also remember the registry isn't going release an ultra premium name for peanuts. If it's worth 5-6 figures like you say it is, they would certainly keep the name and auction it off themselves.

Just my opinion though. Best of luck.

That's not necessarily true. Some registrars slip and I was the lucky one to receive that premium. You're right ! I'll list it at my discretion.

•••
Why ask for a FREE appraisal then argue about the responses?

Heart.Surgery is a solid word combo, but there is limited demand for new gTLD in general. It is worth what a buyer is willing to pay.

Brad

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back