Dynadot

New Namesilo Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Offer/Counter offer sales can now be run up until any date in the future as long as the date is not later than 5 days prior to domain expiration.

Ok that is working for me and when you add a landing page now you get a confirmation and a mention of DNS changes - all my domains got added fine, just a bit of DNS change delay.

Added a new domain today and that was really fast to do, quicker than anywhere else. But I'd like it if you could automate the date thing - just say you will automatically end or suspend a listing 5 days before expiry.

Also I noticed a new domain that is not yet for sale had a default parking page with a link to make an offer on it - that probably needs careful wording.

•••
Feature Request: When viewing the marketplace can you please allow me to filter out actions with a reserve. PLEEAASEEEEEEEE :)

•••
@namesilo - can you add in traffic stats? I'd like to see stats for the following

- main domain landing page
- buy now page
- more info page

•••
Hi @namesilo I am very happy with this - it is really easy to add and manage names.

I wonder if you are planning to add these names to the normal registration path? What I mean is, if I search for an available domain on the front page of your site, it says it is taken and below that discretely lists some available alternative premiums - but does not even tell you that exact searched domain is available now at fixed price at Namesilo.

I'd like to see the domain search clearly return that domain as the main result with a buy now button, as it does at Godaddy with their premium names.

•••
@namesilo - can you add in traffic stats? I'd like to see stats for the following

- main domain landing page
- buy now page
- more info page

We have considered adding stats such as the ones you are requesting, but the problem that we have had in the past when providing such reports is that it is very difficult to remove bot traffic. Our experience is that the majority (possibly the vast majority) of traffic to public pages would be from bots thereby making the statistics of very limited value. Still, this is something we are considering adding.

•••
Hi @namesilo I am very happy with this - it is really easy to add and manage names.

I wonder if you are planning to add these names to the normal registration path? What I mean is, if I search for an available domain on the front page of your site, it says it is taken and below that discretely lists some available alternative premiums - but does not even tell you that exact searched domain is available now at fixed price at Namesilo.

I'd like to see the domain search clearly return that domain as the main result with a buy now button, as it does at Godaddy with their premium names.

Yes, we are planning on working our marketplace domains into the registration path. We are still working out the best ways to accomplish this, but will likely have something in place before long.

•••
Hi @namesilo , just about to try the marketplace. Have been playing around a bit on search and as for feedback I personally would also like to use Reserve filter. Good stuff overall. Regards

Feature Request: When viewing the marketplace can you please allow me to filter out actions with a reserve. PLEEAASEEEEEEEE :)

•••
Hi @namesilo , just about to try the marketplace. Have been playing around a bit on search and as for feedback I personally would also like to use Reserve filter. Good stuff overall. Regards

No problem - the filter has been added. Thanks for the feedback!

•••
•••
If you use/were going to use NS landing pages, which one of them would you pick?

landing_page_template_2.jpg

landing_page_template_1.jpg

•••
•••
No problem - the filter has been added. Thanks for the feedback!

Hi , appreciate you doing this. I started testing it a bit and thought sharing it to see if I'm the only one. The image below is what I see when I use Reserve filter. I wanted to see if I could find names with public reserve so I chose "YES" , entered 'definite article' THE , chose tld .net

Results:
1. Domains with hidden reserve still show as seen in image below.

2. Since there's no filter for word placement, basically any domain with this exact arrangement show up (e.g. thebestfilms.net sftheater.net , weathercom.net )

3. I also noticed that when I changed a filter (using .com instead) and switching back to the initial setting, it's all hidden reserve that show. I had to redo the same search from scratch to populate the same .net result.

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 11.23.13 PM.png

4. Then I tried clicking Reserve the first time to see if it would reorganize the lowest to highest, and vice versa the second time (and maybe show mostly public reserves) but below is what populates. Public reserve doesn't show 'til 20 rows down.

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 11.26.22 PM.png

If I'm not the only one seeing this and if I were to make the suggestion all over again:
Maybe adding a Reserve filter where we input digits ourselves would be better. Something like ..

Option 1 : with minimum and maximum (if I typed in $15 and $25 respectively - results will only show names on public reserve in this range)
Option 2 : without maximum - results show names on public reserve starting from entered value going to highest

Or only one of the two.

Lastly, maybe a filter for word placement. Like that of namebio.com

Up to you what to do though. I can also do fine with dropdown "Yes or No" as long as the results work ok. Not sure how everyone feels about it.

Sorry for long post. Regards.

Last edited:
•••
Hi , appreciate you doing this. I started testing it a bit and thought sharing it to see if I'm the only one. The image below is what I see when I use Reserve filter. I wanted to see if I could find names with public reserve so I chose "YES" , entered 'definite article' THE , chose tld .net

Results:
1. Domains with hidden reserve still show as seen in image below.

2. Since there's no filter for word placement, basically any domain with this exact arrangement show up (e.g. thebestfilms.net sftheater.net , weathercom.net )

3. I also noticed that when I changed a filter (using .com instead) and switching back to the initial setting, it's all hidden reserve that show. I had to redo the same search from scratch to populate the same .net result.

Show attachment 20964

4. Then I tried clicking Reserve the first time to see if it would reorganize the lowest to highest, and vice versa the second time (and maybe show mostly public reserves) but below is what populates. Public reserve doesn't show 'til 20 rows down.

Show attachment 20966

Thanks - we always appreciate requests like yours, and we also appreciate the time you put into the details you provided.

We have just updated the "Reserve" filter to include the ability to include or exclude hidden reserves.

We also added a new drop-down filter next to the keyword search to select results by either anywhere in the domain or just to domains beginning with the search.

Hope these 2 additions help.

If I'm not the only one seeing this and if I were to make the suggestion all over again:
Maybe adding a Reserve filter where we input digits ourselves would be better. Something like ..

Option 1 : with minimum and maximum (if I typed in $15 and $25 respectively - results will only show names on public reserve in this range)
Option 2 : without maximum - results show names on public reserve starting from entered value going to highest

Or only one of the two.

Lastly, maybe a filter for word placement. Like that of namebio.com

Up to you what to do though. I can also do fine with dropdown "Yes or No" as long as the results work ok. Not sure how everyone feels about it.

Sorry for long post. Regards.

•••
@namesilo

We have just updated the "Reserve" filter to include the ability to include or exclude hidden reserves.

We also added a new drop-down filter next to the keyword search to select results by either anywhere in the domain or just to domains beginning with the search.

Hope these 2 additions help.

Hi, no worries, I'm always into testing platforms I use. But apologies, I realize now my misinterpretation of Reserve Filter - thought that 'Yes' meant it would show public reserve and 'No' meant otherwise. This new one works =) Thanks again.

•••
@namesilo

Hi, no worries, I'm always into testing platforms I use. But apologies, I realize now my misinterpretation of Reserve Filter - thought that 'Yes' meant it would show public reserve and 'No' meant otherwise. This new one works =) Thanks again.

No problem. We have added a few new filters today as well including for price and better handling of numbers to include purely numeric domains and alphanumeric domains.

•••
but why did you take away the TLD filter? It was very important, so I can only see .coms. Who wants to waste time looking at .info domains?

•••
•••
•••
•••
@namesilo I have suggestion, instead of radio buttons in 'tld' filter can we have check marks so we can select multiple extensions.
Thanks.

•••
@namesilo - Kindly confirm one thing. I want to participate in auction and want to bid. But it asks to add funds. I added $25 and then bid $200. Now it says that add fund according to bid amount.
So if i will have to bid $1000 for any auction that means i have to add fund for $1000 in my account?

My purpose to join namesilo to get some domains from auction. My query is that what if i will not win the domain in auction then what will happen with my added fund? I would be needing the refund back to my paypal or card. I may keep few dollars there.

So how can refund back to my card or paypal?

•••
@namesilo - Kindly confirm one thing. I want to participate in auction and want to bid. But it asks to add funds. I added $25 and then bid $200. Now it says that add fund according to bid amount.
So if i will have to bid $1000 for any auction that means i have to add fund for $1000 in my account?

My purpose to join namesilo to get some domains from auction. My query is that what if i will not win the domain in auction then what will happen with my added fund? I would be needing the refund back to my paypal or card. I may keep few dollars there.

So how can refund back to my card or paypal?

Yes, account funds are required for bidding on expired domains (not for bidding on customer auctions). Account funds can be retrieved/refunded per our terms and conditions found at the bottom of this page: https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Account-Funds-Manager

•••
No problem. We have added a few new filters today as well including for price and better handling of numbers to include purely numeric domains and alphanumeric domains.

Really nice, thank you for updates! I think I'm gonna start with low sales and go from there. Might post my sale here or appropriate thread. Keep it up Namesilo support, you guys are doing great at customer retention =)

•••
@namesilo just to clarify, the 7% is taken/included on the Price that's listed on sales page? Or is that additional when buyer does check out?

Regards

•••
@namesilo just to clarify, the 7% is taken/included on the Price that's listed on sales page? Or is that additional when buyer does check out?

Regards

Hello - The 7.5% commission is taken from the sale price. For example, if you sold a domain for $100, we would take a $7.50 commission and you would receive $92.50.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back