Dynadot

New Namesilo Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
personally I never used them, would probably not transfer to them.

Have been using them for few years, off and on, never had to contact support ( not that I can remember off, which I would if I had a bad experience over something). I like their panel and their prices. The marketplace just pushed them into top 3 for me. Eager to try out their marketplace.

•••
@namesilo - Would be great if you could also add the option of selling only at a fixed price (no auction format), and then add some nice looking landing pages for BIN priced domains:xf.smile: I know it's possible to forward the name to this, but it would be nicer to send type-in visitors to a clean (less cluttered) and professional looking landing page, with an obvious obvious "this domain is for sale" and a "Buy It Now" button.

Since I have most of my portfolio with NameSilo, and with the 7,5% commission fee, I'd definitively use your marketplace for selling BIN priced domains (over Sedo or DNS with escrow.com BIN button integration) if you could offer this function and a nice landing page to go with it.

Thanks for the feedback. We have gotten a few other requests for some kind of "for sale" landing page, so I would imagine that is something we will add before long. Shortly after launch, we did implement a more "friendly" method for linking to the sale page which is https://www.namesilo.com/marketplace/domain/DOMAINHERE. Thanks again

•••
•••
There, that's the problem. It's not too hard to just allow ANY domains to be listed.
They could compete with Sedo in due time if they allow external domains to be listed as well.

This is something we are definitely considering based upon how our initial launch goes and the feedback we get. Thanks

•••
Or they can draw many more customers to them thanks to this. People who stay with GD mainly do so for the aftermarket and if they are given an alternative they might seriously consider to transfer out given that NameSilo is probably one of the best registrars out there.

The driving impetus for now currently support domains at other registrars is actually that we can control the entire process with domains registered with us so we can ensure timely delivery of domains to buyers. It is less complex so that was the decision for launch, but we may very well add support for domains at other registrars based upon how things go and demand/feedback. Thanks

•••
This is something we are definitely considering based upon how our initial launch goes and the feedback we get. Thanks

Don't get me wrong I get why you just want domains at NameSilo it makes it easier to control the whole process. Don't have to worry about a push or transfer and the buyer telling you they got the domain.

Maybe you could have people transfer in after sale like NameJet does with Enom.

•••
The driving impetus for now currently support domains at other registrars is actually that we can control the entire process with domains registered with us so we can ensure timely delivery of domains to buyers. It is less complex so that was the decision for launch, but we may very well add support for domains at other registrars based upon how things go and demand/feedback. Thanks

That is so funny I was typing that out to your previous reply and you said the same thing. It is all about controlling the process.

•••

Great! Please stay in touch with your customers and do what all the others seem to avoid ...listen to us. I only have 1 name there so far but I would be extremely happy to move my others there

•••
Don't get me wrong I get why you just want domains at NameSilo it makes it easier to control the whole process. Don't have to worry about a push or transfer and the buyer telling you they got the domain.

Maybe you could have people transfer in after sale like NameJet does with Enom.

Yeah, that is something we are definitely considering. Seems like the next logical evolution once we establish our marketplace more. Thanks for the feedback

•••
Great! Please stay in touch with your customers and do what all the others seem to avoid ...listen to us. I only have 1 name there so far but I would be extremely happy to move my others there

Yes, that is very much part of our model as I'm sure many people can attest to. Our goal is to deliver services that adapt based upon demand and to not put unnecessary policies, roadblocks, etc. in the way of what should be simple processes. Hope you give us a further look - I'm sure you will like what you find.... but I may be a little bias :)

•••
I like Nameailo have have many domains there but I am not happy with the payout options. They should have Direct Deposit, Wire, ACH(same as dd) ,Payoneer prepaid mastercard load etc. What made GD and Flippa so good ia that they offere DD. I uuse Flipa and done many sales there and almost nexday I receive the money in my payoneer account which ia amazing really.

So dont limit your self to oy those users who can receive money through paypal. Expand it and make it inclussive.

•••
@namesilo
Will you have any Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals?
If you could have something similar to Namecheap's BF (10 x $1 transfers) or "Move your domain day" (50 x $4 transfers) I would definitely move some of my names to you...

•••
@namesilo thanks for offering this service with competetive price. Low reg fee, low renewal, low transfer and now got marketplace. Its a very helpful for small time domainer like me.

•••
@namesilo thanks for offering this service with competetive price. Low reg fee, low renewal, low transfer and now got marketplace. Its a very helpful for small time domainer like me.

Thanks for the note and your kind words. They are appreciated!

•••
Woww, thanks @namesilo :xf.smile:

Is there any limit in term of price (or max price) for domain listed at marketplace?

•••
Woww, thanks @namesilo :xf.smile:

Is there any limit in term of price (or max price) for domain listed at marketplace?

No, we do not currently have a limit on the price. There is a $10 minimum that is enforced, but not maximum.
Thanks

•••
Well done @namesilo , great work! I like the marketplace interface, nice and simple same as the domain dashboard!

I started to move domains from GD to Namesilo just about a month ago (35 so far) and I really like your services. Guess I'll end up transferring all my names to NS within a year or so.

Re marketplace:

1. Promotion, promotion, promotion (spending a few $$$ won't hurt especially now when you just launched)
2. Proper landing pages for BIN sales
3. Allow external domains to be listed (eventually charge a higher commission fee around 9-10% which is still lower than most other marketplaces)
4. Setup a "Featured Listings" section and charge extra for featured auctions (at around ten bucks everyone would be happy).
5. Offer more payment options as someone said above.
6. Keep it simple and easy to use and in a couple of years you'll laugh all the way to the bank

Keep up the good work! :)

•••
Well done @namesilo , great work! I like the marketplace interface, nice and simple same as the domain dashboard!

I started to move domains from GD to Namesilo just about a month ago (35 so far) and I really like your services. Guess I'll end up transferring all my names to NS within a year or so.

Re marketplace:

1. Promotion, promotion, promotion (spending a few $$$ won't hurt especially now when you just launched)
2. Proper landing pages for BIN sales
3. Allow external domains to be listed (eventually charge a higher commission fee around 9-10% which is still lower than most other marketplaces)
4. Setup a "Featured Listings" section and charge extra for featured auctions (at around ten bucks everyone would be happy).
5. Offer more payment options as someone said above.
6. Keep it simple and easy to use and in a couple of years you'll laugh all the way to the bank

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks! Great feedback and we appreciate the kind words. Your ideas are similar to a lot of the feedback we have gotten already so I would imagine we will be making some changes/additions before long. Thanks again!

•••
Hi everyone. We have had a very good opening response to the marketplace that opened yesterday with already over 2,500 domains listed for sale. We have been fine-tuning a number of things based upon initial feedback. The first big addition we would like to make is to offer an optional landing page for when people type in a domain name that is for sale. We'd like to ask the people here what things they would like to see with such a service. We are starting from scratch so it's easier to know ahead of time what people would like as opposed to adding it later. Let us know a few of the ideas you would like to see implemented. Please just note that we may not be able to accommodate all requests. we appreciate the feedback!

•••
@namesilo , the marketplaces comparison table has incorrect information in regards to Flippa. Flippa does charge $9 listing fee but that doesnt mean the commission % , the commission percentage is 10% of the sale price.

•••
@namesilo , the marketplaces comparison table has incorrect information in regards to Flippa. Flippa does charge $9 listing fee but that doesnt mean the commission % , the commission percentage is 10% of the sale price.

Thanks. We have updated our table to reflect the commission rate.

•••
•••
The first big addition we would like to make is to offer an optional landing page for when people type in a domain name that is for sale. We'd like to ask the people here what things they would like to see with such a service.

Hi I'd say that sales landing page should indicate to the buyer you can get the domain quickly or even instantly (unless you later have ones from elsewhere). Godaddy Premiums you get instantly. I have done Sedo ones in 24 hours from sale, to push, to funds received in my account.

Also I see no mention of escrow - people will wonder just how the transfer from seller to buyer occurs.

•••
The first big addition we would like to make is to offer an optional landing page for when people type in a domain name that is for sale. We'd like to ask the people here what things they would like to see with such a service. We are starting from scratch so it's easier to know ahead of time what people would like as opposed to adding it later. Let us know a few of the ideas you would like to see implemented. Please just note that we may not be able to accommodate all requests. we appreciate the feedback!

The landing page should be simple, with minimal text and forms. Just a big, can't-miss "Make this domain yours for just XXX" or "make an offer". Too much text to read and too much clutter will only lower the chances that marginally motivated buyers will make a purchase. Anything you can do along those lines to streamline the actual purchase procedure will help as well.

•••
By the way, any sales done with the new marketplace listings?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back