Dynadot

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd like to make a suggestion if possible to have more options for payouts including paper checks. Thanks for your consideration.

•••
I'd like to make a suggestion if possible to have more options for payouts including paper checks. Thanks for your consideration.

Hello and thanks for the feedback/suggestion. We will likely make paper check payout an option for domestic customers shortly.

•••
Just a quick update... we have added domains with BIN prices to load in our search results. Exact-matches appear in the default search results, and any domains beginning with any searched domains appear in the "Premium Domains" box. This should help gain exposure as we currently get quite a bit of search activity on our site.

•••
Just a quick update... we have added domains with BIN prices to load in our search results. Exact-matches appear in the default search results, and any domains beginning with any searched domains appear in the "Premium Domains" box. This should help gain exposure as we currently get quite a bit of search activity on our site.

Nice update, however the prices for premium domains look a bit funny as they don't fit the box especially if it's a 4/5 figure price.

I think the boxes are too small?

•••
Nice update, however the prices for premium domains look a bit funny as they don't fit the box especially if it's a 4/5 figure price.

Yes, we have just noticed this as well. We will work on a fix. Thanks

•••

Ok - all set. Should look better now for larger-priced BINs. We also updated the results to include non-BIN sales so any domain listed for sale in our Marketplace will be displayed. The links will either be for a direct purchase (if a BIN and the BIN is less than $1,000), or to submit a bid or offer if no BIN or BIN is greater than $1,000.

•••
These are very cool changes, thank you.

•••
@namesilo any info on when we would get the Opt-in email for Afternic Premium Network?

•••
•••
Just a small suggestion:

On BIN listings where users arrive on the landing page. Whether you click "buy now", or "more info", you end up on the same page. Users then see they have the option of making a lower offer.

I think it would be best to streamline the BIN button, if a user hits the BIN button they should be prompted to checkout straightaway, the BIN button should load the name to their cart and bring them straight to the login/register page. It slows down the buying process and makes it less streamlined imo, it also distracts the user and encourages them to perhaps put in a lower offer.

You could do any of the following.

Add BIN only listings or add an additional button, buy now, make offer & More info. I know you can set the reserve to the BIN amount but it would be nice to have them brought straight to checkout.

You want to try and capitalize on impulse buys as much as possible.

Last edited:
•••
Just a small suggestion:

On BIN listings where users arrive on the landing page. Whether you click "buy now", or "more info", you end up on the same page. Users then see they have the option of making a lower offer.

I think it would be best to streamline the BIN button, if a user hits the BIN button they should be prompted to checkout straightaway, the BIN button should load the name to their cart and bring them straight to the login/register page. It slows down the buying process and makes it less streamlined imo, it also distracts the user and encourages them to perhaps put in a lower offer.

You could do any of the following.

Add BIN only listings or add an additional button, buy now, make offer & More info. I know you can set the reserve to the BIN amount but it would be nice to have them brought straight to checkout.

You want to try and capitalize on impulse buys as much as possible.

Thanks for the feedback. The Buy Now button for BIN sales on landing pages will add the domain directly to the cart if under $1,000 since anything over $1,000 requires wire transfer as the method of payment at this time.

•••
Thanks for the feedback. The Buy Now button for BIN sales on landing pages will add the domain directly to the cart if under $1,000 since anything over $1,000 requires wire transfer as the method of payment at this time.

Which is great, but it would be really great to have names of all value follow the same route. Anything over the threshold you can simply limit payment options to wire transfer.

•••
Which is great, but it would be really great to have names of all value follow the same route. Anything over the threshold you can simply limit payment options to wire transfer.

I am sorry, but we cannot currently have sales over $1,000 enter the same purchase path due to the wire transfer requirement. This is because paying by wire cannot be done via our web site. Wires require the Buyer to view a page with wire instructions that they must then manually process with their bank/wire provider. There are a few services that are coming along to make online wires more feasible and we will certainly keep our eye on those options so that we can implement and entirely online solution.

•••
Feature request: In the Marketplace Manager on "Active Domain Sales" page, please allow Bulk Search. Also the ability to bulk edit without changing the Buy Now price.

•••
I am sorry, but we cannot currently have sales over $1,000 enter the same purchase path due to the wire transfer requirement. This is because paying by wire cannot be done via our web site. Wires require the Buyer to view a page with wire instructions that they must then manually process with their bank/wire provider. There are a few services that are coming along to make online wires more feasible and we will certainly keep our eye on those options so that we can implement and entirely online solution.

Oh dear. Ok, look how all other merchants use their cart facility for handling wire payments. You add item to cart, you log in checkout and you're brought to a page with wire details. You're telling me this can't be done?

What I'm suggesting is that for payments over 1,000, you bypass the auction listing page and have them brought straight to the register/checkout and then display the wire details, instead of distracting users with various options such as make a lower offer.

Facepalm, I know how a bank wire works.

Last edited:
•••
Feature request: In the Marketplace Manager on "Active Domain Sales" page, please allow Bulk Search. Also the ability to bulk edit without changing the Buy Now price.

Hello. We have just added a bulk search tool for the Active Sales page. You can enter up to 500 domains to search for using the magnifying glass icon on the top-right of that page.

We are discussing ways to offer a bulk-edit option for sales, but this unfortunately more complicated and could take us some time to implement. I have ensured it is on our radar however.

Thanks for the feedback!

•••
Thank you! bulk search works great. As for bulk edit, if it makes it easier I only need to bulk edit "Offer/Counter" , not live auctions

Last edited:
•••
Thank you! bulk search works great. As for bulk edit, if it makes it easier I on'y need to bulk edit "Offer/Counter" , not live auctions

Cool, happy the bulk search is useful for you!

The bulk edit is unfortunately pretty complex, but is still something we should be able to get to. Just might take some time :)

•••
Cool, happy the bulk search is useful for you!

The bulk edit is unfortunately pretty complex, but is still something we should be able to get to. Just might take some time :)

are you going to give consideration to my feedback on the other thread regarding default categories? I did not get any feedback regarding my feedback ;)

thanks.

•••
are you going to give consideration to my feedback on the other thread regarding default categories? I did not get any feedback regarding my feedback ;)

thanks.

Yes, we have received that request as well as all of the others you submitted via email :)

Please continue emailing us at [email protected] so we can help stay organized with all of your requests.

Thanks!

•••
Thank you for this. And I think adding the parameter of daily visitors/weekly/monthly visitors wouldn't be a bad idea. Atleast the seller would have the idea of the domain that is performing better.

•••
I wanted to give a quick update on our Marketplace performance as we are only a few days shy of our 1-year anniversary since launching the Marketplace. Here is a look at our results for our first 12 months:
  • Over 55,000 domains have been listed for sale
    • Over 40,000 Offer/Counter-offer domains listed for sale
    • Over 15,000 Auction domains listed for sale
  • 578 domains have been sold
    • 422 via Offer/Counter-offer sale
    • 156 via Auction sale
  • $145,687 in total sales revenue
    • $124,763 sold via Offer/Counter-offer sale
    • $20,924 sold via Auction sale
  • $252.05 average sale price
    • $295.65 average Offer/Counter-offer sale
    • $134.14 average Auction sale
  • $3,000 largest Offer/Counter-offer sale
  • $1,980 largest Auction sale
  • 2 Buyer charge backs
  • Average payout in 7.3 days
We are pleased with the results from our first year offering our Marketplace. The number of available sales and total sales revenue has gone up nearly every month compared to the previous month.

Still, we understand that there are some things we can improve upon and are planning to do so. We feel we are an excellent option for sales under $1,000 as those do not require a wire. We are considering ways to offer the same ease of purchase for sales over $1,000 while protecting our marketplace from charge backs, fraud, etc. We also have plans for further expansion in a number of areas. I can't give details now, but 2017 should see some pretty exciting enhancements.

Also, please note that while we of course would like everyone to use our Marketplace, we still want to provide other options to help you gain exposure for your domain sales efforts. This is why we are SedoMLS and Afternic Fast Transfer partners, and also why we offer many other free services for managing your entire domain portfolio with us or any other registrar as well as offering a platform for listing your domains from any registrar for sale - and completely for free. If you are unfamiliar with these options, you can learn more here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namesilos-domain-investor-tools-marketsites.949242/

•••
Can you add a watchlist for marketplace and expiring domain auctions, I find I'll find something listed with a while to go, and then forget about it, due to my lack of organisation!

•••
Can you add a watchlist for marketplace and expiring domain auctions, I find I'll find something listed with a while to go, and then forget about it, due to my lack of organisation!

Sure thing - we will have this added later today or Monday at the latest.

•••

Ok - all set! We have now added watchlist functionality to our Marketplace. Adding a sale to your watchlist will result in our system emailing you upon changes to the sale. Hope this helps!

•••
Back