Dynadot

New Namesilo Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By the way, any sales done with the new marketplace listings?

Yes, we have had a handful of sales already and a lot of activity between domains being listed for sale and bids/offers being made by buyers.

•••
The landing page should be simple, with minimal text and forms. Just a big, can't-miss "Make this domain yours for just XXX" or "make an offer". Too much text to read and too much clutter will only lower the chances that marginally motivated buyers will make a purchase. Anything you can do along those lines to streamline the actual purchase procedure will help as well.

Thanks. Your feedback is along the lines of what we have heard from other people as well, so this will be the direction we will go. We should have our landing page options available some time during the coming week. We also implemented a few changes late last week to better streamline the buying process to not require account funds to purchase and to also allow buyers to add a domain to their cart without logging in first. We will continue trying to improve as we get a lot of good feedback during the initial stages of our marketplace. Thanks again.

•••
I'll try to join them via some cool sales later i hope : )

But, as other people mentioned that, you should integrate landing pages as soon as possible, that would make %100 attraction.

•••
I wanted to let everyone know that we have just added support for customizable for sale landing pages! There are a few different options available as you can see on the bottom of this page:

https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace

Also, we changed our process for buyers a few days ago to no longer require account funds to buy marketplace domains. This makes the buying process much more streamlined and our sellers have reported good results since the change.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback thus far as we work to continually improve our new marketplace service.

•••
I wanted to let everyone know that we have just added support for customizable for sale landing pages! There are a few different options available as you can see on the bottom of this page:

https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace

Also, we changed our process for buyers a few days ago to no longer require account funds to buy marketplace domains. This makes the buying process much more streamlined and our sellers have reported good results since the change.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback thus far as we work to continually improve our new marketplace service.

Just noticed it while managing my domain for sale at New Marketplace, and setup it to have a landing template.

•••

Two questions:

1. Do you offer the ability to change templates for multiple domains at once?

2. Will you be offering a DNS template that will forward any hits to domainname.com to the namesilo domain landing page?

•••
Two questions:

1. Do you offer the ability to change templates for multiple domains at once?

2. Will you be offering a DNS template that will forward any hits to domainname.com to the namesilo domain landing page?

1. Yes, you can select any number of active domain sales to update at the same time.

2. When selecting to use a "for sale" landing page, the necessary name servers and DNS records are automatically added by our system.

Thanks, and please let us know with any other questions.

•••
Been getting a steady stream of offers and had my first sale on this marketplace the other day - easiest transaction ever!

BUT as another poster pointed out earlier:
Just a quick heads up with some feedback, for sake of ease I just uploaded them all with no reserve set, the lowball offers have started coming in, now when I attempt to add a reserve/min offer it's telling me I can't modify it because there has already been an offer.

I can see that if there are any active offers, but I would like to see the ability to add a BIN or otherwise change the listing if no offers are ACTIVE.

•••
Marketplace suggestion: can you get rid of the iframe? I can't use my page up/down buttons cause you use iframes.

•••
Been getting a steady stream of offers and had my first sale on this marketplace the other day - easiest transaction ever!

BUT as another poster pointed out earlier:

I can see that if there are any active offers, but I would like to see the ability to add a BIN or otherwise change the listing if no offers are ACTIVE.

Thanks for the feedback. We actually updated the system to allow updating of sales if there are no bids or active offers about a week ago. You should therefore be able to update any of your sales with no bids for auctions or no active offers for offer/counter offer sales. If you are having any trouble, please email [email protected] and someone will take a look right away.

•••
Marketplace suggestion: can you get rid of the iframe? I can't use my page up/down buttons cause you use iframes.

Sorry, but perhaps I am not looking in the correct place. Where do you see an iframe?

•••
Sorry, but perhaps I am not looking in the correct place. Where do you see an iframe?
on namesilo.com/Marketplace when it shows 50 or more results

•••
•••
Thanks for the feedback. We actually updated the system to allow updating of sales if there are no bids or active offers about a week ago. You should therefore be able to update any of your sales with no bids for auctions or no active offers for offer/counter offer sales. If you are having any trouble, please email [email protected] and someone will take a look right away.
Thanks for the reply - I'll take another look. The offer/counter-offer sale in question had a prior offer, but the offer had expired.

•••
Man namesilo is stepping up i love it! I just wish you guys would work on the UI and Mobile friendly... its such a turn off for me, for some reason lol

But i might be making some domain switches soon to post some domains. I think you guys should keep the marketplace just under namesilo, it'll help you guys out in sales plus keep everything more organized.

Happy to see this!

•••
Man namesilo is stepping up i love it! I just wish you guys would work on the UI and Mobile friendly... its such a turn off for me, for some reason lol

But i might be making some domain switches soon to post some domains. I think you guys should keep the marketplace just under namesilo, it'll help you guys out in sales plus keep everything more organized.

Happy to see this!

Thanks - appreciate the feedback! We do not have immediate plans to allow domains into our marketplace from other registrars, but that may change in the future. For now, we are happy maintaining things entirely within our own system.

Regarding our UI, we know it has gotten a bit old on us, but it is still quite functional. Still, I have been hearing some rumblings about possibly freshening it up starting to get on our development team's radar :)

•••
Could you redirect /marketplace to /Marketplace ? I'm probably not the only one wrongly going to the lowercase url and getting no page.

Also I found inputting an end-time of up to 90 days from now confusing - do I leave that blank if I want a domain listed indefinitely or do I re-enter it after 90 days?

•••
2. When selecting to use a "for sale" landing page, the necessary name servers and DNS records are automatically added by our system.

Where do I select the option of actually using a landing page?

The place for this and the path to it are not clear to me yet.

•••
Could you redirect /marketplace to /Marketplace ? I'm probably not the only one wrongly going to the lowercase url and getting no page.

Also I found inputting an end-time of up to 90 days from now confusing - do I leave that blank if I want a domain listed indefinitely or do I re-enter it after 90 days?

Thanks, we have redirected /marketplace to /Marketplace.

Currently, the maximum amount of time a sale can run is 90 days. However, after receiving feedback from other sellers previously, we are very strongly considering allowing offer/counter-offer sales to run indefinitely. For now, you would need to re-enter the after 90 days, but, again, this is subject to change in the near future.

•••
•••
You would do so on the Active Sales page within your account:
https://www.namesilo.com/account_marketplace_for_sale.php

Thanks
Ok so on that page click on the For Sale icon in the Landing Page column for a domain, then on the page that takes you to select choices and click Submit?

Did that before, no result. If it depends on DNS update maybe say so? Also give a confirmation message on submit? Not totally clear to me that that page activates as well as manages landing pages. Thanks.

•••
Ok so on that page click on the For Sale icon in the Landing Page column for a domain, then on the page that takes you to select choices and click Submit?

Did that before, no result. If it depends on DNS update maybe say so? Also give a confirmation message on submit? Not totally clear to me that that page activates as well as manages landing pages. Thanks.

Yes, that is the process. Please email [email protected] and include the domain in question and someone will look into it right away. However, yes, when setting up landing pages, it will require a name server change to our name servers which can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Thanks

•••
I received this email as well. I don't have any domains to sell/auction as of yet, but I plan to keep an eye on it. In fact, I'm on their site right now buying a domain. I should hop over and take a look at how active it is so far.

This is just more incentive for me to keep buying more domains from them. NameSilo is a good company so far and I think the owners have the maturity to run a marketplace properly. I don't think they would implement one if they didn't plan on being professional. This is a perfect fit for them.

•••
I received this email as well. I don't have any domains to sell/auction as of yet, but I plan to keep an eye on it. In fact, I'm on their site right now buying a domain. I should hop over and take a look at how active it is so far.

This is just more incentive for me to keep buying more domains from them. NameSilo is a good company so far and I think the owners have the maturity to run a marketplace properly. I don't think they would implement one if they didn't plan on being professional. This is a perfect fit for them.

Thanks - very much appreciated, and it is certainly our goal to offer a vibrant and feature-rich marketplace to help compliment our other services. Please let us know with any questions and thanks again.

•••

Ok - guess it is something our dev team was just working on... Offer/Counter offer sales can now be run up until any date in the future as long as the date is not later than 5 days prior to domain expiration. Therefore, if you have a domain that expires exactly 5 years from now (November 24, 2020), you can set the end date up until November 19, 2020.

•••
Back