IT.COM

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks clarifiying =)
I didn't know it's 7.5% now too

•••
We have added a number of new features to our marketplace based upon feedback from both Buyers and Sellers. Here is a partial list since our most recent posts on this thread:
  • Payouts can now be made via wire transfers (in addition to PayPal and NameSilo account funds).
  • Set end dates to the maximum automatically. This helps get domains listed for sale in bulk without having to set end date parameters individually to utilize the max end date.
  • Optionally auto-extend sales with no bids/offers. Sellers can configure the number of days to automatically extend sales with no activity. This means you no longer need to log in to add the same domain for sale once the sale ends.
  • Add text to the sale page for auctions and offer/counter offer sales.
  • Sellers are no longer required to use our name servers to utilize our For Sale landing pages since they can now be linked to directly.
  • Sales with no bids or active offers can be cancelled.
We have added other tweaks as well, but the above are a few of the highlights. Again, our commission is only 7.5% with no need to transact on any third-party site.

•••
We just added the ability to search for marketplace domains by category and for Sellers to list their domains in a category. This free option is available immediately and will help support a new project we are hoping to launch in the next 90 days that will help sellers promote their domains. Stay tuned!

•••
@namesilo Thanks for continuing to improve the marketplace. I've been very happy with it so far, and I’ve recently started using your landing pages for the majority of the domains I've got with your registrar.

One thing I'd love to see is some bulk editing functionality. Once domains have been listed, the only way to make any adjustments is to edit them one by one, which is cumbersome if you have listed hundreds.

If it is difficult to implement bulk editing, perhaps you can consider adding a bulk delete tool? (for domains that have not yet received any bids or offers, as these can't be removed). Simply deleting all the domains that needs to be updated, and then re-listing them with the updated settings would be a lot more convenient than editing/deleting them one by one.

•••
@namesilo Thanks for continuing to improve the marketplace. I've been very happy with it so far, and I’ve recently started using your landing pages for the majority of the domains I've got with your registrar.

One thing I'd love to see is some bulk editing functionality. Once domains have been listed, the only way to make any adjustments is to edit them one by one, which is cumbersome if you have listed hundreds.

If it is difficult to implement bulk editing, perhaps you can consider adding a bulk delete tool? (for domains that have not yet received any bids or offers, as these can't be removed). Simply deleting all the domains that needs to be updated, and then re-listing them with the updated settings would be a lot more convenient than editing/deleting them one by one.

Thanks for the feedback. You can now bulk cancel sales via the Marketplace Manager :)

•••
Thanks for the feedback. You can now bulk cancel sales via the Marketplace Manager :)
Thank you for adding a bulk cancel tool. Works great. THIS is why I use you as my main registrar. You listen to customer feedback and continuously update and improve your services.

•••
Hi everyone. We have had a very good opening response to the marketplace that opened yesterday with already over 2,500 domains listed for sale. We have been fine-tuning a number of things based upon initial feedback. The first big addition we would like to make is to offer an optional landing page for when people type in a domain name that is for sale. We'd like to ask the people here what things they would like to see with such a service. We are starting from scratch so it's easier to know ahead of time what people would like as opposed to adding it later. Let us know a few of the ideas you would like to see implemented. Please just note that we may not be able to accommodate all requests. we appreciate the feedback!

I may consider moving some domains to you. and possibly put them on marketplace, cause its free and why not right.. but I am curious.. your marketplace, in terms of views potential/offer potential... is at this stage obviously no much traffic wise to the older more popular places like Sedo/godaddy auctions/flippa etc.. is this correct?

or put differently, are there perhaps some comparaison stats we can see for numbers of views sales/offers on your marketplace items?

thanks a lot!

•••
I may consider moving some domains to you. and possibly put them on marketplace, cause its free and why not right.. but I am curious.. your marketplace, in terms of views potential/offer potential... is at this stage obviously no much traffic wise to the older more popular places like Sedo/godaddy auctions/flippa etc.. is this correct?

or put differently, are there perhaps some comparaison stats we can see for numbers of views sales/offers on your marketplace items?

thanks a lot!

Thanks for your question and consideration. We do not have any metrics at the moment for comparison to other marketplaces regarding traffic/offers. Our marketplace does have a few tools to help promote sales such as customized landing pages and we are planning on integrating marketplace sales into our search/registration path on our site. This will add a lot of exposure as we have over 100,000 customers and are consistently one of the fastest-growing registrars in the world each month by total domains gained/lost.

We will also be adding a new service in the coming months that will take marketing domains listed for sale to all new levels. I can't release too many details yet, but we will post back on this thread when that is complete.

Thanks again for your consideration.

•••
Anyone sold names through the NS marketplace or made sales with the landers?

•••
Anyone sold names through the NS marketplace or made sales with the landers?
I've sold 6 names there so far. Used their landing pages for all of them.

•••
Do NameSilo allow listing external domains?

•••
Do NameSilo allow listing external domains?
No. It's only available for names you have registered with them.

Domains sold are automatically transferred from your account into buyers account after payment has been secured.

•••
I've sold 6 names there so far. Used their landing pages for all of them.

Awesome! Did you set BINs or were they make offers? Price? What type of domains? Be nice if there were more landing page options.

•••
Awesome! Did you set BINs or were they make offers? Price? What type of domains? Be nice if there were more landing page options.
All had fixed BIN prices, and I only showed the BIN button on the landing page.

I think the only end-user friendly transaction system offered by NameSilo at the moment is for BIN priced domains at or under $1000.

Their system for this is extremely good. With such names, the BIN button on the landing page directly puts the domain into the buyers shopping cart (no need to register an account separately first), and all he needs to do is to provide personal info (for WHOIS and for account creation) and pay (lots of payment methods available), and the transaction is closed, and the buyer receives the domain immediately. This system is excellent, and it’s extremely easy for anyone to buy a domain in this way, as it is straight-forward and offers the path of least resistance, and it can also capture impulse buys, since everything takes place instantly.

On the other hand, for names priced over $1000, the BIN button on “auction” names does not put the name into the buyers shopping cart, but instead to a slightly confusing auction page, where it is not very clear whether or not the domain is available for instant purchase (due to the auction time ticker), and where the buyer needs to register an account first, and then proceed to bid exactly the same amount as the set BIN price (there is no BIN button). After that, buyer has 7 days to provide payment (only wire transfer), which provides ample time for the buyer to re-think the purchase.

I also find the "make offer" function they offer to be potentially too complicated for end-users, since the interested buyer first needs to register, and then fill in bid and how long the bid will be valid for, all on the bottom of a very text-heavy page, and if you add a buy it now price below $1000, it only shows as a tiny text-link on this page (and if the name is above $1000 it does show any BIN link on the make offer page, and if you use the landing page on “make offer” names with a BIN price above $1000, the “BIN” button does not allow you to buy the domain, but just directs you to a make offer page without any BIN button, which is quite confusing). I guess the whole process is okay if it's a very determined buyer, but if it is someone more undecided who is not very tech-savvy, they will probably deterred at some stage, and just move on to another name.

So, in its current iteration, the NameSilo marketplace is perfect for selling names with BIN price that you are willing to let go for $1000 or below, and perhaps not as good for selling names above $1000 or for using the make offer function. However, NameSilo have made lots of improvements to the marketplace since they launched it, so I’m sure many of the things above will be addressed over time.

Personally, one update I would like to see soon, is a small increase in the price of domains that can be put directly into the shopping cart and purchased immediately, for example if this system could be made available to names priced at or below $1250 or at or below $1500, instead of just for names priced below $1000, as is the case currently. Two of the sales I had were for $1K each, but I felt these names could have sold for more than this, however, I priced them at 1K just to make it a lot easier for interested buyers to buy them via the NameSilo marketplace system.

•••
All had fixed BIN prices, and I only showed the BIN button on the landing page.

I think the only end-user friendly transaction system offered by NameSilo at the moment is for BIN priced domains at or under $1000.

Their system for this is extremely good. With such names, the BIN button on the landing page directly puts the domain into the buyers shopping cart (no need to register an account separately first), and all he needs to do is to provide personal info (for WHOIS and for account creation) and pay (lots of payment methods available), and the transaction is closed, and the buyer receives the domain immediately. This system is excellent, and it’s extremely easy for anyone to buy a domain in this way, as it is straight-forward and offers the path of least resistance, and it can also capture impulse buys, since everything takes place instantly.

On the other hand, for names priced over $1000, the BIN button on “auction” names does not put the name into the buyers shopping cart, but instead to a slightly confusing auction page, where it is not very clear whether or not the domain is available for instant purchase (due to the auction time ticker), and where the buyer needs to register an account first, and then proceed to bid exactly the same amount as the set BIN price (there is no BIN button). After that, buyer has 7 days to provide payment (only wire transfer), which provides ample time for the buyer to re-think the purchase.

I also find the "make offer" function they offer to be potentially too complicated for end-users, since the interested buyer first needs to register, and then fill in bid and how long the bid will be valid for, all on the bottom of a very text-heavy page, and if you add a buy it now price below $1000, it only shows as a tiny text-link on this page (and if the name is above $1000 it does show any BIN link on the make offer page, and if you use the landing page on “make offer” names with a BIN price above $1000, the “BIN” button does not allow you to buy the domain, but just directs you to a make offer page without any BIN button, which is quite confusing). I guess the whole process is okay if it's a very determined buyer, but if it is someone more undecided who is not very tech-savvy, they will probably deterred at some stage, and just move on to another name.

So, in its current iteration, the NameSilo marketplace is perfect for selling names with BIN price that you are willing to let go for $1000 or below, and perhaps not as good for selling names above $1000 or for using the make offer function. However, NameSilo have made lots of improvements to the marketplace since they launched it, so I’m sure many of the things above will be addressed over time.

Personally, one update I would like to see soon, is a small increase in the price of domains that can be put directly into the shopping cart and purchased immediately, for example if this system could be made available to names priced at or below $1250 or at or below $1500, instead of just for names priced below $1000, as is the case currently. Two of the sales I had were for $1K each, but I felt these names could have sold for more than this, however, I priced them at 1K just to make it a lot easier for interested buyers to buy them via the NameSilo marketplace system.

Thanks @Arca! Very useful info and advice.

•••
We have just launched several new tools for Domain Investors. You can find more information at https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Domain-Investor-Tools. All activity from our Marketplace is automatically entered, but the new tools also allow for many other tools for domains not even registered with us. Please check out the link above when you can and let us know what you think!

•••
How can we add domains from other registrars?? and can we configure individual sales landers.

Thanks @namesilo

•••
How can we add domains from other registrars?? and can we configure individual sales landers.

Thanks @namesilo

You can add domains from other registrars via the DomainLink service (see the bottom video here: https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Domain-Investor-Tools). Individual for sale pages are available when using our Marketplace to sell your domains (https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace), however, you can list any domains from any registrars (again, see DomainLink) on your MarketSite(s).

•••
We've had a few people ask us for information regarding sales in our Marketplace. We have decided to date not to share information on specific sales for privacy reasons, but we can report that entering our 7th month of our Marketplace, and we have processed 138 sales for just over $52,000. Each month besides one has seen an increase in the number of sales as well as the sales amounts. We will also be working Marketplace domains into our purchase path before long, so that should help increase exposure as well. Thanks to everyone who has given our Marketplace a try thus far!

•••
Recently sold two names on NameSilo totaling $xxxx. I have to say it was effortless, streamlined and overall a very positive experience. I've moved more domains to Namesilo landers. :)

Now if only we could list names that are not registered with namesilo, that would be the icing on the cake.

•••
I've sold 1 at their marketplace, I was away on vacation, and came back to money in my account. I had to do zero steps. I don't mind them only allowing names registered with namesilo. It makes everything streamlined.

•••
Recently sold two names on NameSilo totaling $xxxx. I have to say it was effortless, streamlined and overall a very positive experience. I've moved more domains to Namesilo landers. :)

Now if only we could list names that are not registered with namesilo, that would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks for your feedback and happy to hear about your experience so far. We are strongly considering allowing domains registered with other registrars into our marketplace, but we have not made a final decision to date. In case you did not know, we have a new MarketSites product that allows you to list domains from any registrar - https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Domain-Investor-Tools. Thanks again for your feedback!

•••
I've sold 1 at their marketplace, I was away on vacation, and came back to money in my account. I had to do zero steps. I don't mind them only allowing names registered with namesilo. It makes everything streamlined.

Thanks - appreciate you posting your feedback!

•••
Thanks for your feedback and happy to hear about your experience so far. We are strongly considering allowing domains registered with other registrars into our marketplace, but we have not made a final decision to date. In case you did not know, we have a new MarketSites product that allows you to list domains from any registrar - https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Domain-Investor-Tools. Thanks again for your feedback!

External domains aren't hugely important but it would be a nice addition imho. One thing I would love to see and it's something that almost every marketplace is lacking, is a facility for payment plans.

Tricky I know, but you could have a minimum threshold for this option and a system whereby names are registrar or held in Escrow while under a payment plan, max 12 months.

Cashflow is king in any business and I suspect we'd see more sales volume across all marketplaces if payment plans were more readily available to end users.

Last edited:
•••
External domains aren't hugely important but it would be a nice addition imho. One thing I would love to see and it's something that almost every marketplace is lacking, is a facility for payment plans.

Tricky I know, but you could have a minimum threshold for this option and a system whereby names are registrar or held in Escrow while under a payment plan, max 12 months.

Cashflow is king in any business and I suspect we'd see more sales volume across all marketplaces if payment plans were more readily available to end users.

Yes, this is actually something we have considered adding as it has been requested by a few other Sellers as well. I will be sure to pass along the request as it would certainly make for a nice addition to our marketplace!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back