IT.COM

advice New gTLDs - Renew or Drop advice thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
New gTLD names - Keep or Drop advice thread (from profitability point of view)

Sometimes we are not sure whether to keep or drop some of our new gTLD names. The name can be great, but high renewal will probably not make it profitable. Or the name has low renewal but it is clearly bad, or it has too many alternatives available in new gTLD space, which makes it unprofitable as well.

Here opinion of others can help significantly.
Rules of the thread:

1. Submissions : submit max 3 new gTLD names per day in form: "DOMAIN NAME", "RENEWAL FEE IN USD"
2. Opinions of others:
- Press "Like" if you think the name should be kept/renewed (meaning: "I like it, renew it")
- Press "Thanks" if you think the name should be dropped (meaning: "Thank you, but drop it")

3. For thread to remain clean and helpful, discussion is not allowed, except 2 occasions:
a) Everyone can advise your fellow investor regarding cheaper transfer renewal for particular gTLD in question (for example: "you can move your .vip domain names to ...just for USD 5" until end of this month)
b) Everyone (except domain submitter) can write in favour of domain name you feel should not be dropped, or if you feel most of people who suggested to drop missed some point you think is important. 1 sentencer only to keep thread clean.​

Keep in mind that by pressing "Like" or "Thanks" to any submitted name you should give your best opinion, as it can help someone to make important decision. No trolls are welcomed here, all bad intentions which are not helping others will be reported.

Thank you and I wish everyone only the best investment decisions :)

PS: if you like any of names submitted in this thread, feel free to PM owner - most names submitted here will be probably for sale (although I am sure there will be exceptions), and you can get great deal, already knowing opinion of professional community of domain investors, as well as the renewal fee of the name.​

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
media.glass, renewal is $29.99

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Insurance.Academy
Renewal $35.00

•••
Network.Vision.....renewal $26

•••
JamaicaTravel.guide
Renewal: $15

•••
•••
•••
hi you missed mine pl boxing/tips, thnks

•••
•••
•••
BackIn.Black

standard renewal at $48

•••
Many of these are tough calls due to the higher renewal fees. They are decent names, but the renewals compounded make them risky. IMO

•••
•••
•••
•••
BAAS.Solutions

BAAS (blockchain as a service) is the blockchain equivalent of SAAS (software as a service). I just hope it sticks, but seems logical it will as block grows.

cheaper renewal on .solutions at $14 - $19, than my last one., .black is a bit expensive.

•••
•••
I have expanded number of posts to 3 max per day per person in this tread, so feel free to post! Lot of names so far which are really border-line, and not easy to decide really, so hopefully it can provide some help. Of course, you can submit also your names which you believe are quite good, just to make sure others think so as well :)

•••
•••
btc.hosting , renewal $360/year

(little story to explain: I got it while the renewal promo of $25 was in place, but this promo finished suddenly, and I made a mistake not renewing this name few years in advance while the promo lasted. Which is the thing I do with most of my good names). Now I am not aware of any similar promo (if you are, please advise), so although the name is very nice, for this renewal I have serious doubts...)

•••
zip.company renewal $6.59
Wow, renewal fee for .company extension is really only 6,59 at Namesilo at the moment ... was not aware of this, thanks for posting :)

•••
•••
•••
Back