Domain Empire

discuss Gem vs Fake Gold - What do you think makes new gTLDs valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
What do you think makes new gTLD domain name a gem, from domain investors point of view, and which ones are fake gold domains?

Few hints: must sound good, should have very broad appeal to lot of end users, or alternatively, should have appeal to few, but very rich end users, should have reasonable renewal fee, not much alternatives exist to end users to this domain name, should be TM free?

The purpose if this discussion thread is to establish together some kind of consensus in 2020 as of which new gTLD names are gems. This will also help us not to load our portfolios with "fake gold" domain names.

Definition of new gTLD GEM domain name: domain which is really an asset from financial point of view - it will bring great money profit sooner or later to it's holder.

Definition of new gTLD FAKE GOLD domain name: is a domain name which looks to us like a gem on first glance, but after a time you discover you are actually loosing lot of money with it.

Your opinions please - let's discuss :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for everyone's opinions about the prefixed domains, and I agree that the word.word domains where the left of the dot and the right of the dot are perfect match to each other are the way to go for now and perhaps people can get more creative once all the top choices are taken or are in use in the future, but since I only have a few New gTLDs altogether I might just hang on to them for now and see what happens, obviously I prefer to have some of the best word.word domains, but since the price is a major factor for me I sometimes have to settle for a wordword.word domain.

Also when I originally thought of the Antidomains I was meaning to include the pizza .diamond category too, but thanks to our conversations here I believe that the meaning of Antidomains has evolved to focus more on the type of domains that Bob had mentioned where the left of the dot and the right of the dot have exactly the opposite meanings and as such are still somewhat connected to one another.

IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back