Dynadot

New gTLD investor Demographics

NameSilo
Watch

What is the demographics of new gTLD investors?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 18 - 25 years old

• 25 - 30 years old

• 30 - 35 years old

• 35 - 40 years old

• 40 - 45 years old

• 45 - 60 years old

• >60 years old

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

I think new gTLDs are under estimated as of today and will keep grow in value in time.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

I am curious about the demographics of new gTLD investors.

I am 28 years old and I think young people will determine how the new internet will be shaped.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you follow? Those are not for reselling. Brake Pad - Spark Plug - those are actual products

Will be developed...

If the product is two words you think it is useless to register that product in .shop extension.

Maybe you should learn more.

I get it, but I didn't know you were using them personally....

If you weren't using them personally and wanted to resell them then my response to you makes sense because the full phrases are not take in any tld.

https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=brakepadshop
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=sparkplugshop

Which is what I was trying to make you understand because when you are purchasing ngtld domains for resale, if the sld has two words the entire wordword.word phrase WITHOUT the dot needs to be taken in at least 10 extensions for it to be a viable investment and this is the same for word.word. That was what I was trying to relay to you.

For example: UsedCars.Forsale, NewHomes.Forsale and Tax.Help are good examples of what I mean.

https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=usedcarsforsale
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=newhomesforsale
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=taxhelp

Like I said before I didn't know these domains were for personal use, in which case you good on you for trying something different, but, try to take things less personally...a lot of the time people are just trying to help.

Last edited:
•••
"Answer is simple: I hear this $xx,xxx from you not from a new gTLD investor"

That's a lie. Quote me where you think I said that. I never said I thought your portfolio is worth that. Quote it, I think maybe you misread something?

Calling me a liar? :xf.smile:

See what you have posted below:

So it being available is a lie. Either the registry has them or people hold out for xx,xxx like atinc does.

:xf.smile:

See post #46 before calling me liar again...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Calling me a liar? :xf.smile:

See what you have posted below:

See post #46 before calling me liar again...

And where does that say I think your portfolio is worth that?

I said you're holding out for xx,xxx, not that I think your portfolio is worth that.

It's just reiterating what I just posted you saying:

"Again a good offer in my literature is different than yours. I don`t need a $1000, so $xxxx offers won`t satisfy me."

Last edited:
•••
I get it, but I didn't know you were using them personally....

If you weren't using them personally and wanted to resell them then my response to you makes sense because the full phrases are not take in any tld.

https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=brakepadshop
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=sparkplugshop

Which is what I was trying to make you understand because when you are purchasing ngtld domains for resale, if the sld has two words the entire wordword.word phrase WITHOUT the dot needs to be taken in at least 10 extensions for it to be a viable investment and this is the same for word.word. That was what I was trying to relay to you.

For example: UsedCars.Forsale, NewHomes.Forsale and Tax.Help are good examples of what I mean.

https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=usedcarsforsale
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=newhomesforsale
https://instantdomainsearch.com/#search=taxhelp

Like I said before I didn't know these domains were for personal use, in which case you good on you for trying something different, but, try to take things less personally...a lot of the time people are just trying to help.
No matter, you might not know this but there is a billion dollar industry there.

I have injector.shop which is listed on 1st page on google when you search an OEM product number.

We gain new customers by the help of this new gTLD. Probably it is not taken in other extensions but it works for us cause this is a real market and a real industry.

So if the product you are selling is 2 words generic, it doesn`t mean you won`t receive offers from end users. This is just misconception. Still I haven`t reg. them for resale price. I would not sell those even $100,000 cause I can make more money by developing them but this is just me cause I have the chance to provide these products thanks to our family businesses.

Last edited:
•••
No matter, you might not know this but there is a billion dollar industry there.

I have injector.shop which is listed on 1st page on google when you search an OEM product number.

We gain new customers by the help of this new gTLD. Probably it is not taken in other extensions but it works for us cause this is a real market and a real industry.

So if the product you are selling is 2 words generic, it doesn`t mean you won`t receive offers from end users. This is just misconception. Still I haven`t reg. them for resale price. I would not sell those even $100,000 cause I can make more money by developing them but this is just me cause I have the chance to provide these products because of our family businesses.

Why not register the .com/.org/.net to prevent competitors from using them? Reg those and forward them to your ngtlds, it would also make sure that the only other people who might want to reg that kind of name can only develop with cctlds. In addition to this, in the case that someone does want to buy them you can jack up the price and provide them a full package.

•••
You just burn my time... because I already provided the details on June'1:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-your-top-domains-here.861856/page-43#post-6182394

Yes that`s the same answer whenever I request a valid info from you, but the reality is opposite. You don`t really worth my time cause you can`t give any answers.

You didn`t replied my previous post again, I just quoted your words... Still no valid answers.

Good luck with your sales pawl and good luck with earning your life with it.

Bye

•••
No problems, welcome to ignorelist.

•••
Why not register the .com/.org/.net to prevent competitors from using them? Reg those and forward them to your ngtlds, it would also make sure that the only other people who might want to reg that kind of name can only develop with cctlds. In addition to this, in the case that someone does want to buy them you can jack up the price and provide them a full package.

We sell worldwide so ccTLD`s , nah...

Why .shop ? but no .net or .org ... I guess the answer is obvious.

I really know what I am doing @slader23 so please do not lecture me.

Keep reading and learn more as you learn some stuff today on this thread.

You are always welcome to discuss new gTLDs with me though.

Why not .com? Did you see the thread where people share their new gTLDs that looks better than .com? You will have your answer on that thread. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
No problems, welcome to ignorelist.
Thanks, man.

You will just save me more time on replying your annoying posts.

Appreciate it.

Good luck.

P.S: BTW my ignore list only consist of scammers on namePros so I won`t put you on this list.

•••

So if the product you are selling is 2 words generic, it doesn`t mean you won`t receive offers from end users. This is just misconception. Still I haven`t reg. them for resale price. I would not sell those even $100,000 cause I can make more money by developing them but this is just me cause I have the chance to provide these products thanks to our family businesses.

That's not domaining tho, that's building a business on that url.

You could have atincfuelinjectoremporium.ws and you would have ranked on page 1 for that term as well, since there isn't much competition.

We're talking domains only, resell value. Look at the title of the thread - new gtld investor. Buying and selling new gtld names. Not developed sites.

Last edited:
•••
We sell worldwide so ccTLD`s , nah...

Why .shop ? but no .net or .org ... I guess the answer is obvious.

I really know what I am doing @slader23 so please do not lecture me.

Keep reading and learn more as you learn some stuff today on this thread.

You are always welcome to discuss new gTLDs with me though.

I don't think you like to listen to other peoples advice....I literally gave you a key indicator of value in new gtlds and you failed to take heed. In terms of getting .com/.net/.org....if you don't understand how defensive registrations work....then that's fine.

•••
That's not domaining tho, that's building a business on that url.

You could have atincfuelinjectoremporium.ws and you would have ranked on page 1 for that term as well, since there isn't much competition.

We're talking domains only, resell value.
That is business man, which you have no idea about.

Will you give answers to my questions?

Do you think I will forget it when you don`t reply for 10 to 15 minutes?

I answered all your questions.

Cheers

Not much competition? Have you ever heard Bosch, Delphi, Denso, VDO, Continental, Stanadyne, Fischeer, Cummins, Perkins, Detroit Diesel ?

Ohh who am I asking to, never mind.

•••
That is business man, which you have no idea about.

Will you give answers to my questions?

Do you think I will forget it when you don`t reply for 10 to 15 minutes?

I answered all your questions.

Cheers

Not much competition? Have you ever heard Bosch, Delphi, Denso, VDO, Continental, Stanadyne, Fischeer, Cummins, Perkins, Detroit Diesel ?

Ohh who am I asking to, never mind.

Bro he was talking about the amount of competition in the keyword string "atincfuelinjectoremporium"............

•••
I don't think you like to listen to other peoples advice....I literally gave you a key indicator of value in new gtlds and you failed to take heed. In terms of getting .com/.net/.org....if you don't understand how defensive registrations work....then that's fine.

You giving me an advice is just funny pawl...

On new gTLDs...

You...

You just said two words wouldn`t work in new gTLDs.

If those 2 words are actual products... Yes you said you never thought of it and didn`t know that...

Now you learn something new about new gTLDs.

Keep reading and learn buddy.

•••
Bro he was talking about the amount of competition in the keyword string "atincfuelinjectoremporium"............

atincfuelinjectoremporium ? Really ?

I guess that is all his creativity he got there.

Never mind. Lack of creativity lack of productivity.

Would like to have a video call with you some time. I think we got a lot to discuss...

Pm me your mobile or skype and we can keep up a real conversation sometime.

Thanks.

P.s: I offered the same thing to @JB Lions some time ago but he refused, guess he is too busy :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Just a heads up that your family jewels brakepad.shop and sparkplug.shop are listed on Sedo buy now for $4980 and $9999 respectively.

•••
And where does that say I think your portfolio is worth that?

I said you're holding out for xx,xxx, not that I think your portfolio is worth that.

It's just reiterating what I just posted you saying:

"Again a good offer in my literature is different than yours. I don`t need a $1000, so $xxxx offers won`t satisfy me."

Have you just deleted the part I quoted you about $xx,xxx on your quote?

That tells everything. Thanks.

Post #104 , see that folks and the original post is at post #102....

Somebody shared with me the results of the poll, pretty spread out among all the age groups. As expected.

Why not post those results as well.

[QUOTE="atinc, post: 6364367, member: 995955"]
This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
•••
You giving me an advice is just funny pawl...

On new gTLDs...

You...

You just said two words wouldn`t work in new gTLDs.

If those 2 words are actual products... Yes you said you never thought of it and didn`t know that...

Now you learn something new about new gTLDs.

Keep reading and learn buddy.

My god bro....I never said they wouldn't work. I said that TWO WORDS IN THE SLD of an NGTLD is a very hard sell unless there is evident demand for the full phrase MINUS THE DOT in at least 10+ EXTENSIONS.

I even gave you examples of what makes sense to buy in comparison to your domains because there is no demand for a personal use phrase. I'm not talking about building value through development. I mean strictly resale domainer to domainer or domainer to end user value. If the phrase "Spark Plug Shop" had value as a domain it would be registered in multiple extensions because there is demand. You may use the domain and it may have value to your business specifically but that does not mean it's a valuable domain as is.

Anyways that's just something that has been relayed to me by other domainers, it is advice so take it or leave it.

Last edited:
•••
Just a heads up that your family jewels brakepad.shop and sparkplug.shop are listed on Sedo buy now for $4980 and $9999 respectively.
That might be true cause I listed my domains on Sedo when I first started out.

Same for injector.shop , but after reaching on 1st page on Google and reaching out to new customers worldwide, I changed my mind but totally forgot about that Sedo listings.

Thanks for the heads up.

•••
.club, .top, .online, .shop, .store, .vip, .link, .life. Those won't be going any time soon.
Some of those gTLDs are not healthy. Domain name counts and a handful of sales don't tell the full story. The .TOP gTLD is effectively a Chinese gTLD and runs on Chinese market dynamics. The .VIP gTLD is similarly highly dependent on the Chinese market. The Chinese market is highly speculative. A few of those gTLDs have run discounted registrations fee promotions that inflated the zonefile but increased the numbers of low quality landing page websites in the gTLDs. These discounted registrations rarely renew in high numbers and are generally considered to be one year wonders in registration terms.

Regards...jmcc

•••

That is true cause I listed my domains on Sedo when I first started out domaining.

Thanks man, I just fixed it, I am grateful for reminding me. It`s been a long time I have visited my sedo account.

I actually had domains for sale that I don`t own anymore because I didn`t renew them, which are. all .com idn s...

I guess you just saved me from my account suspended on sedo (y)

How are they still there I don`t understand cause I verified that I am the rightful owner of those domains to list them on Sedo. I dropped them but they were still there.. Strange

Anyways I removed them manually.

Last edited:
•••
No problem, imagine your horror if some sharpie had snagged those 2 names for $14979!

•••
My god bro....I never said they wouldn't work. I said that TWO WORDS IN THE SLD of an NGTLD is a very hard sell unless there is evident demand for the full phrase MINUS THE DOT in at least 10+ EXTENSIONS.

I even gave you examples of what makes sense to buy in comparison to your domains because there is no demand for a personal use phrase. I'm not talking about building value through development. I mean strictly resale domainer to domainer or domainer to end user value. If the phrase "Spark Plug Shop" had value as a domain it would be registered in multiple extensions because there is demand. You may use the domain and it may have value to your business specifically but that does not mean it's a valuable domain as is.

Anyways that's just something that has been relayed to me by other domainers, it is advice so take it or leave it.
What is SLD? I don`t know what it means.

What do you think about the following domains?

MintLiqueur.com
WatermelonLiqueur.com
AnisetteLiqueur.com
MandarinLiqueur.com
CinnamonLiqueur.com
ApricotLiqueur.com
CacaoLiqueur.com
PineappleLiqueur.com
CoconutLiqueur.com

They were all reg.ed by me in 2017. Do you think there won`t be demand on these domains? Since they haven`t registered before?

So theoretically there shouldn`t be demand for any of the hand regs.

Or I am reading you wrong again, please explain.

P.s: It is sleep time for me it is already 3.20 AM in Istanbul and my wife have a doctor appointment at 11 AM and I will be there too. We will have a baby boy in 2 weeks hopefully. I will answer tomorrow.

Waiting for your PM.

Thanks

•••
No problem, imagine your horror if some sharpie had snagged those 2 names for $14979!
I guess I owe you there :xf.smile:

Thanks a lot.

I wouldn`t mind if the buyer was a domainer. But if it was a competitor than I would be so sad and pissed at my self.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back