IT.COM

New gTLD investor Demographics

NameSilo
Watch

What is the demographics of new gTLD investors?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 18 - 25 years old

• 25 - 30 years old

• 30 - 35 years old

• 35 - 40 years old

• 40 - 45 years old

• 45 - 60 years old

• >60 years old

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

I think new gTLDs are under estimated as of today and will keep grow in value in time.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

I am curious about the demographics of new gTLD investors.

I am 28 years old and I think young people will determine how the new internet will be shaped.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't believe at this stage you call these sales flukes....good word.word hacks will sell in the xx,xxx+ range and in some cases 4 figures is the average price for a reseller due to the quality of the name. In fact over the past 72 hours I know of two premium word.word hacks that sold to other resellers for 4 figures, if you want proof of that please PM me and I'll tell the names and provide you the links confirming the sales. One was for 1k the other for $2500 and this is reseller pricing on recently hand registered domains.
I have no doubts that sales are taking place. The reported sales are only the tip of the iceberg, maybe 10%. But it applies to other extensions as well. Most sales are unreported and sometimes explicitly covered by NDAs. But there is no reason why nTLDs would be less reported than established extensions.
So why aren't we seeing more public, verifiable, reported sales ? I mean sales made by ordinary domainers, not registries.
Because there are more than 20 millions nTLDs registered right ? But not so many aftermarket sales in proportion. Strange isn't it.

Just because a reseller bought a nTLD for $$$$ doesn't mean it's a good investment and there is an end user at the end of the food chain.
Domainers always waste a lot of money on bad purchases across all extensions, especially .com. But the extension is not at fault here, it is their poor choice of domains.
Unfortunately we have often seen domains changing hands from one reseller to another, forever. Hypes, like chips in .ws or whatever, or emojis in extensions TLDs that domainers would normally not touch and for good reason. If there is no end user then it's the greater fool theory in action.

I admit to being biased, but not without reasons. I think the vast majority of new extensions are ridiculous, will never be relevant and will remain on life support forever like their siblings .mobi .tel .asia etc (aka zTLDs: zombie TLDs). Even if 0.1% of the inventory has market value I don't find it encouraging.
The worst is that some extensions could be and will be retired. Icann will not save you because they created this big mess, and there will be no bailout. They also refused to regulate new extensions like legacy extensions with price caps, leaving registrants open to abuse and unpredictable pricing from registries. You wonder why I am wary ?

•••
Be gentle :). I would say that unless it's a great two word combination that makes sense like UsedCars.Forsale for example, having two words in the sld of a new gtld domain makes it a very hard sale...even through outbound. If the full phrase without the dot is available in .com....then I would probably drop it. At least 10 extensions have to be taken for the full phrase for it to be a worthwhile ngtld investment imho. I'm not trying to bash your names @atinc because I'm also a new g investor, just trying to help you move in the right direction with your acquisitions. I'm sure you have some that are much better.

I think what you see on his site is it. I even told him there are some that are decent, in the sense they're in the right order and make sense. As an example - Jerusalem.Tours, Manhattan.Catering. 1 word . new gtld. In the right order. They make sense, both businesses you can make money with. But then you have the other names, again, ones I can hand reg. There is no way he's getting lots of offers. He says that a lot. So, I'm curious which ones are actually getting offers and how many offers. Let's say, this year.

•••
In average I receive 1 inquiry per ~150 nTLDs... even below .info/.biz where conversion is ~1:100...

•••
Just for comparison, with .PRO I have conversion ~1:30-1:40...

Last edited:
•••
You know their price will go up based on what exactly? You said you're not a domainer. You've sold 0 domains in your life. The only person I know here who does sell them, is selling them on average for half of what he did last year.

Might be one of the more ridiculous things you've posted. Somebody again, that's never sold a domain in his life, is continually giving advice on investing in new gtlds. Now, that is absurd.

Now, you're demonstarting your lack of SEO knowledge. There are only About 127 results for that query. You should be on page 1. That's the example you're going with? Or did you not realize you can rank with any extension?

https://www.google.com/search?q=0445110642+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

You bash on your first post, then get upset if you get it back.

What do you know about selling? I export goods on daily basis. I got customers in 5 continents and 67 countries.

Selling domains for $xx makes you pro? Come on...

You know nothing about selling and you don`t even know what an investment is.

I never questioned your sales or what so ever till know.

I don`t have time for $69 domain sales as you do. I don`t need fake sales reports to gain respect too.

You see my portfolio and assume they cost me $xx,xxx per year while it is only low $xxxx.

See, this is what investment is... You simply think they worth 10x more than their real value.

Yes, I haven`t sold any domains so far BUT you should know that I have created %95 of my portfolio in the past year.

I am an honest person, I don`t need to lie and report fake sales as many so-called pros does. I believe there are too many of them here but got no proof since you can`t prove anything which doesn`t exist. Do you think it is a hard thing to do, fake sales reports? This industry is growing with this type of speculations and hype continuously.

You asked me how do I know that new gTLD prices will go up and up. Answer is simple: I hear this $xx,xxx from you not from a new gTLD investor. Don`t come up with, hey you are new to this stuff, actually you are new to new gTLDs. I got $50,000 valuation for some of my new gTLD domains and this comes from nP members since 2011.

You are just another ignorant guy making claims about things you have no idea. You know nothing about new gTLDs besides the news you follow from new gTLD bashers.

What have you sold this year?

I never asked...

Can you open a thread and list all your sales in 2017? Providing all the domain names and the sale prices?

It is easy to just ask questions right? No, I don`t want you to pm this info privately. I want you to share them publicly so people can understand your real position in the domain industry.

We don`t have the same vision my friend, you are to beyond on that.

This is so pathetic. New gTLD haters come here and bash new gTLDs and promote only the extensions they are investing in.

@Kate invested in ccTLD`s and comes to every new gTLD thread and speculate. Than she always adds that ccTLDs are the second best thing after .com

@Jurgen Wolf heavily invested on .Pro and comments to each new gTLD thread as well, telling he has a huge portfolio but never give details. He likes each post from new gTLD bashers and promotes .Pro when ever he have chance to do so.

You @JB Lions always ask irrelevant questions than the original post and make it personal while you got no sales to be worth investigating.

It is same shit different day and same bashers for every new gTLD thread published on namePros...

I am open and honest with every personal questions I receive on this platform. Most of you already know my businesses , which is non of your business yet I am here explaining this to you all. Got nothing to hide and nothing to be shamed of. Most of you have a nick name on this platform, you see my name... That is my last name which I carry with honor.

That makes the difference between us!

I never asked this type of personal questions against you guys.. You know my budget, income, my businesseS and everything. Why? Cause you don`t have any better things to do in your life? Never owned a business or know what business management even means... But you dare to tell me about financial investments especially about new gTLDs where you have zero talent and zero investment.

BS

•••
I like ALL posts which are interesting/useful for me and rational/pragmatic...

What details you want???
I already said you 100 times that I invest only in 1-word and short domains.

Last edited:
•••
You mention your offers a lot. Which domains? I just took another look and you have lots of new gtlds I can go and hand reg right now in .com

SohoShoppingFashion
ChampsElyseesFashion
SohoShoppingFashion
SavileRowStore
SparkPlugShop
GlowPlugShop
CommonRailShop
ShockAbsorberShop
BrakePadShop
...................... and more.

There is no way you're getting lots of offers on your names.

Side note, your forum on your site is getting spammed with live streaming NCAA college football spam links.

I got $500 offer on ChampsElysees.Fashion couple of months later reg. it.

I got offer for SparkPlug.Shop last month from a reseller on namePros.

BrakePad.Shop is going to be developed for our other family business. My grandfather is the owner of the biggest brakepad manufacturer in Turkey.

CommonRail.Shop - Have you checked my new gTLD website which ranks 1st on Google? Same industry.. Will be developed.

Talking about industries that you have no knowledge of as always.

@slader23

I am happy with my investments yes I have some useless ones as most of us do. So what?

•••
What do you know about selling? I export goods on daily basis. I got customers in 5 continents and 67 countries.

Selling domains for $xx makes you pro? Come on...

First of all, great on you exporting goods. If this was some forum on selling goods online, I would be impressed. We're talking domaining tho. You've sold 0 domains. You yourself said you're not a domainer. Yet you give advice on it a lot. Maybe sell a domain first.

And selling domains for $xx makes me a pro? What? Those that I sell for xx, are usually hand regs or ones I might drop. I sell them in different ranges. This year from xx to x,xxx. In the past xx,xxx. No xxx,xxx tho. Like you, I have domains I will hold for the price I want. For example, one you like my caftans name. That will cost you xx,xxx range.

Be serious for a second. If I never sold 1 fuel injector in my life, what would you say to me if I tried to give advice on selling them? It would be kind of ludicrous wouldn't it? That's you with domains tho.

Last edited:
•••
First of all, great on you exporting goods. If this was some forum on selling goods online, I would be impressed. We're talking domaining tho. You've sold 0 domains. You yourself said you're not a domainer. Yet you give advice on it a lot. Maybe sell a domain first.

And selling domains for $xx makes me a pro? What? Those that I sell for xx, are usually hand regs or ones I might drop. I sell them in different ranges. This year from xx to x,xxx. In the past xx,xxx. No xxx,xxx tho. Like you, I have domains I will hold for the price I want. For example, one you like my caftans name. That will cost you xx,xxx range.

Be serious for a second. If I never sold 1 fuel injector in my life, what would you say to me if I tried to give advice on selling them?
Post what have you sold this year. Don`t quote just one part and run away.

I am here answering every question, man up and give details.

•••
Post what have you sold this year. Don`t quote just one part and run away.

I am here answering every question, man up and give details.

I just did this week with some in the other thread. About names I've sold this year that are already developed. Maybe one day I'll see you in that thread? I'll get the link for you

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-domains-sold-then-developed.1040274/page-2#post-6364661

All the hating you try on that, isn't going to change the fact you've never sold a domain in your life. Just like I've never sold goods online in my life. But then, I don't go around trying to give advice on that.

Last edited:
•••

BrakePad.Shop is going to be developed for our other family business. My grandfather is the owner of the biggest brakepad manufacturer in Turkey.

CommonRail.Shop - Have you checked my new gTLD website which ranks 1st on Google? Same industry.. Will be developed.

Talking about industries that you have no knowledge of as always.

@slader23

I am happy with my investments yes I have some useless ones as most of us do. So what?

I'm not trying to bash your names bro....just trying to help. I'm glad you're happy with your registrations. Just wanted to show you a few strategies to help you buy even better names.

•••
I'm not trying to bash your names bro....just trying to help. I'm glad you're happy with your registrations. Just wanted to show you a few strategies to help you buy even better names.
No I didn`t say you bash my names :) I just give you the hint that I am happy with most of my investments. No hard feelings. Appreciate your interest. But people commenting on industries I am doing business on and posting them as useless and your reply to that post sounds like you agree with him makes me tag you there.

•••
No I didn`t say you bash my names :) I just give you the hint that I am happy with most of my investments. No hard feelings. Appreciate your interest. But people commenting on industries I am doing business on and posting them as useless and your reply to that post sounds like you agree with him makes me tag you there.

It is useless. Again, answer this question:

"Be serious for a second. If I never sold 1 fuel injector in my life, what would you say to me if I tried to give advice on selling them?"

Would you, atinc, who sells fuel injectors, take advice from me, who's never sold a fuel injector in his life?

Yes or no.

Last edited:
•••
It is useless. Again, answer this question:

"Be serious for a second. If I never sold 1 fuel injector in my life, what would you say to me if I tried to give advice on selling them?"
Have you invested on injectors? No.

I did invest on domain names and you yourself assumed they worth $xx,xxx annually while they only cost low $xxxx

What is useless is you speaking of my business generics and calling it useless.

What is your professional business title? How old are you? How much do you make from your $69 sales?

Last edited:
•••
No I didn`t say you bash my names :) I just give you the hint that I am happy with most of my investments. No hard feelings. Appreciate your interest. But people commenting on industries I am doing business on and posting them as useless and you reply as you agree with him makes me tag you there.

Well, I did in fact agree with him because in general a two worded sld in a new g extension unless it's something excellent is a very hard sell. There is a method to picking the right ones and that is what I wanted to give a hint to you about. Understanding that will help you make very informed decisions when buying new g domains...in every extension. The fact that you had prior knowledge about the industry niche of these domains provides a bit more of an advantage in terms of being able to sell them but since I didn't know about that prior to my comment I had to speak generally.

•••
Have you invested on injectors? No.

I did invest on domain names and you yourself assumed they worth $xx,xxx annually while they only cost low $xxxx

Sell fuel injectors. You sell them. Would you take advice on selling them from me? Yes or no.

I don't even know what you mean with assuming they're worth $xx,xxx? You said you're turning down offers and hoping to get that amount. I said you were dreaming.

Not once have I said I think your portofolio is worth that. Quote me where you think I did.

Last edited:
•••
I don't sell any injectors...
But I live from domaining only... since Summer'2009...

•••
Well, I did in fact agree with him because in general a two worded sld in a new g extension unless it's something excellent is a very hard sell. There is a method to picking the right ones and that is what I wanted to give a hint to you about. Understanding that will help you make very informed decisions when buying new g domains...in every extension. The fact that you had prior knowledge about the industry niche of these domains provides a bit more of an advantage in terms of being able to sell them but since I didn't know about that prior to my comment I had to speak generally.
Do you follow? Those are not for reselling. Brake Pad - Spark Plug - those are actual products

Will be developed...

If the product is two words you think it is useless to register that product in .shop extension.

Maybe you should learn more.

Last edited:
•••

So 2 offers. You post like you're getting lots of offers. You should have taken that $500, since I can reg it in .com for $8.47.

•••
Btw all those posts are irrelevant with my original post/thread but I request them to stay here, not to be deleted from namePros admins.

@Eric Lyon @Amanda @Cyberian

Please.

•••
Btw all those posts are irrelevant with my original post/thread but I request them to stay here, not to be deleted from namePros admins.

@Eric Lyon @Amanda @Cyberian

Please.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

Next time just do the poll. You always start your threads bashing others with actual experience, then get upset when it's shared with you.

•••
So 2 offers. You post like you're getting lots of offers. You should have taken that $500, since I can reg it in .com for $8.47.
Two offers from the list of 9 domains you shared on this thread.

Will you answer my questions for god sake?

:xf.smile:

I answer each question you asked but as always there are dozens of questions you don`t reply.

It is easy to speak behind your nickname. I use my last name.

All that matters. :whistle:

Last edited:
•••
Next time just do the poll. You always start your threads bashing others with actual experience, then get upset when it's shared with you.
Experience?

Which no body speaks of clearly no real data provided? Always missing information on the requested info.

Yes right.

Last edited:
•••
Two offers from the list of 9 domains you shared on this thread.

Will you answer my questions for god sake?

:xf.smile:

I answer each question you asked but as always there are dozens of questions you don`t reply.

It is easy to speak behind your nickname. I use my last name.

All that matters.

I did, I posted a link to some of the names I sold this year.

"Answer is simple: I hear this $xx,xxx from you not from a new gTLD investor"

That's a lie. Quote me where you think I said that. I never said I thought your portfolio is worth that. Quote it, I think maybe you misread something?

You did post this:

Again a good offer in my literature is different than yours. I don`t need a $1000, so $xxxx offers won`t satisfy me.

You said x,xxx offers don't satisfy you. So you're holding for xx,xxx offers? If so, dreaming with the names you have.

Somebody shared with me the results of the poll, pretty spread out among all the age groups. As expected.

Why not post those results as well.

Last edited:
•••
What details you want???
I already said you 100 times that I invest only in 1-word and short domains.

But I live from domaining only... since Summer'2009...

I asked you to share me only one domain you own with new gTLDs while you were claiming you have more than 600 only new gTLDs.

And I asked this question via PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Yet got no answer to my question.

I sold only 2 nTLDs as of today...
Non-English .TOP + the same .work = $973

Would you share all the details?

BTW how much new gTLDs you have sold out of your 600+ new gTLD domains? You always comment like in the past 3 years I sold 2 new gTLDs or so...

Well good luck with living with that.

Please correct me with the right amounts if I am mistaken.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back