IT.COM

New gTLD investor Demographics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the demographics of new gTLD investors?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 18 - 25 years old

• 25 - 30 years old

• 30 - 35 years old

• 35 - 40 years old

• 40 - 45 years old

• 45 - 60 years old

• >60 years old

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

I think new gTLDs are under estimated as of today and will keep grow in value in time.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

I am curious about the demographics of new gTLD investors.

I am 28 years old and I think young people will determine how the new internet will be shaped.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you just deleted the part I quoted you about $xx,xxx on your quote?

That tells everything. Thanks.

Post #104 , see that folks and the original post is at post #102....

[QUOTE="atinc, post: 6364367, member: 995955"]
This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

[/QUOTE]

No, it didn't quote the whole thing:

"So it being available is a lie. Either the registry has them or people hold out for xx,xxx like atinc does."

I'll try this slowly.

We were talking about good keywords being available. I said that's a lie. Either the registry has them or people like you hold out for xx,xxx.

Where in that do you see me saying your portfolio is worth xx,xxx? I said you're not selling them unless you get xx,xxx offers. So that makes it's not available for most people.

•••
As far as the other thing the SEO, your site. You used this example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=0445110642+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There are only 295 results. My point was, anybody could rank for that, there isn't any real competition. You could rank with any extension and domain name. You're talking developing sites, when most are talking buy and selling domains. Let me know when you rank for fuel injectors.

Let me give you an example of something I just bought, a RavPower power bank:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rav....1.64.psy-ab..3.8.1267...0i67k1.0.5Y9XTJSopck

576,000 results

You got excited about ranking for something with 295 results. It's like somebody getting excited about ranking for their company name or a term that gets 0 in Google Keyword tool. I can tell those people know nothing about SEO.

Last edited:
•••
What is SLD? I don`t know what it means.

What do you think about the following domains?

MintLiqueur.com
WatermelonLiqueur.com
AnisetteLiqueur.com
MandarinLiqueur.com
CinnamonLiqueur.com
ApricotLiqueur.com
CacaoLiqueur.com
PineappleLiqueur.com
CoconutLiqueur.com

They were all reg.ed by me in 2017. Do you think there won`t be demand on these domains? Since they haven`t registered before?

So theoretically there shouldn`t be demand for any of the hand regs.

Or I am reading you wrong again, please explain.

P.s: It is sleep time for me it is already 3.20 AM in Istanbul and my wife have a doctor appointment at 11 AM and I will be there too. We will have a baby boy in 2 weeks hopefully. I will answer tomorrow.

Waiting for your PM.

Thanks

SLD.TLD

SLD is before the dot, TLD is after the dot.

You could sell those names as a package to a liqueur company but it won't be easy. They won't know about them unless you contact them yourself via outbound.

•••
No, it didn't quote the whole thing:

"So it being available is a lie. Either the registry has them or people hold out for xx,xxx like atinc does."

I'll try this slowly.

We were talking about good keywords being available. I said that's a lie. Either the registry has them or people like you hold out for xx,xxx.

Where in that do you see me saying your portfolio is worth xx,xxx? I said you're not selling them unless you get xx,xxx offers. So that makes it's not available for most people.

@JB Lions I am really gonna be exhausted tomorrow, but I got to answer that.

You said Miami.Golf Jerusalem.Tours and other domains I own (that I don`t remember) you liked them.
You said they are good keywords and you can sell them for good $, right?

I gave you their reg. cost which should be less than $150 which is not bad..

So why do you still think it is lie to be able to register good keywords available with new gTLDs?

I will reply u tomorrow.

I will also be waiting for your reply on my questions about your 2017 sales with details.

It shouldn`t be so hard. How many domains you sold, more than 100?

Last edited:
•••
As far as the other thing the SEO, your site. You used this example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=0445110642+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There are only 295 results. My point was, anybody could rank for that, there isn't any real competition. You could rank with any extension and domain name. You're talking developing sites, when most are talking buy and selling domains. Let me know when you rank for fuel injectors.

Let me give you an example of something I just bought, a RavPower power bank:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rav....1.64.psy-ab..3.8.1267...0i67k1.0.5Y9XTJSopck

576,000 results

You got excited about ranking for something with 295 results. It's like somebody getting excited about ranking for their company name or a term that gets 0 in Google Keyword tool. I can tell those people know nothing about SEO.

Check the other 1000+ injector numbers listed on my site which is used on 100000+ vehicles and please search them on google.

They will be on the first page too.

The reason why the search result is 295 is cause this injector used at vehicles produced after 2013. Meaning the demand is low as of today but if you search 3+ years later you will see the search results will grow in time. I sold 216 Pieces to China last month who are manufacturing some kind of engine with 4 cylinders, they found us on internet from our new gTLD website, injector.shop

•••
SLD.TLD

SLD is before the dot, TLD is after the dot.

You could sell those names as a package to a liqueur company but it won't be easy. They won't know about them unless you contact them yourself via outbound.

Thanks, seems like I learned something new.

Waiting for your contact for the video call.

Good night.

•••
Check the other 1000+ injector numbers listed on my site which is used on 100000+ vehicles and please search them on google.

They will be on the first page too.

The reason why the search result is 295 is cause this injector used at vehicles produced after 2013. Meaning the demand is low as of today but if you search 3+ years later you will see the search results will grow in time. I sold 216 Pieces to China last month who are manufacturing some kind of engine with 4 cylinders, they found us on internet from our new gTLD website, injector.shop

Again, of course you should be on page 1 for those. Not much competition. I literally went over that in my last post. Has nothing to do with the new gltd you built the site on. It's why I said you could have the same content on atincfuelinjectoremporium.ws and rank on page 1 as well.

•••
@JB LionsSo why do you still think it is lie to be able to register good keywords available with new gTLDs?

Because registries would have them or domainers like you that won't sell them until they get xx,xxx offers. I would hope the domainers would get all the good/obvious keywords or they're not up on their game. And when you hold out for that xx,xxx, in some cases, like many of yours, they'll just get the .com for reg fee. Like the one where you got that $500 offer on. You should have taken that one, probably the best offer you'll ever get, a chance of actually making some profit, at least on 1 domain.

•••
Because registries would have them or domainers like you that won't sell them until they get xx,xxx offers. I would hope the domainers would get all the good/obvious keywords or they're not up on their game. And when you hold out for that xx,xxx, in some cases, like many of yours, they'll just get the .com for reg fee.

Which is why I tried to give him a big hint...if the phrase is not taken in .com+many other tlds then your probably not going to get top dollar for it if anything at all. There is a method to registering new gs.

•••
@JB LionsSo why do you still think it is lie to be able to register good keywords available with new gTLDs?

I know it's like 4:30 am where you are at but tomorrow sometime, I want to test your theory out. Give me a .fashion I can hand reg, that makes sense. I'm some person out there that wants to make some sort of fashion site. I want to register a name, a .fashion for reg fee. Give me some names.

Or maybe a .club, since that's one I see actually selling at various marketplaces. A good one I can hand reg.

And for that to be true, it means the registries and all the new gtld investors somehow missed them.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I got $50,000 valuation for some of my new gTLD domains and this comes from nP members since 2011.
Seriously ? Even if I owned nTLDs and R Schwarz appraised them at 50K I still wouldn't believe that. I am a NP member since 2005 and I would probably give you a very different opinion. So what ?
This is exactly why I am saying some nTLDs investors are inexperienced (and even gullible).
They think because they got a nice appraisal it reflects actual market value when it is in fact a best-case scenario. Any domain could sell for 50K if the stars align right but the odds of winning the lottery are higher.
Until you have a made a sale, those generous appraisals are just opinions that are not backed up by hard cash or personal history of sales.

If you are relying on third parties to appraise the value of your holdings, you are in the wrong business. But I understand it feels good when people tell you what you want to hear.

•••
Seriously ? Even if I owned nTLDs and R Schwarz appraised them at 50K I still wouldn't believe that. I am a NP member since 2005 and I would probably give you a very different opinion. So what ?
This is exactly why I am saying some nTLDs investors are inexperienced (and even gullible).
They think because they got a nice appraisal it reflects actual market value when it is in fact a best-case scenario. Any domain could sell for 50K if the stars align right but the odds of winning the lottery are higher.
Until you have a made a sale, those generous appraisals are just opinions that are not backed up by hard cash or personal history of sales.

If you are relying on third parties to appraise the value of your holdings, you are in the wrong business. But I understand it feels good when people tell you what you want to hear.

appraisals are worthless because the price does not include the likelihood of a sale.

We can easily argue how the domain could be worth 50k to the right buyer or how it should sell for 50k but that doesn't mean that it will ever sell for that perfect price. Usually it does not.

When you are a bag holder it does not matter if you hold a 50k bag or not.

Last edited:
•••
And when you hold out for that xx,xxx, in some cases, like many of yours, they'll just get the .com for reg fee. Like the one where you got that $500 offer on. You should have taken that one, probably the best offer you'll ever get, a chance of actually making some profit, at least on 1 domain.

Guys you are confused, all those keywords are taken in .com.

The mistake you are doing there is including the extension as a keyword.

This is like considering a domain like keywordcom.com. in the case of .com extension

If you are saying all those keywords are available in .com you are mistaken cause non of the keywords available.

If you like to include the generic extension in the keyword in the case of ChampsElysees.Fashion, which is the fashion capital of Paris, then go ahead and register champselyseesfashion.com

It is funny when you go ahead and make intense research about my new gTLDs cause you got nothing to say the ones listed in my signature below. You don`t have to research most of my favorite ones are here on my signature. You can simply criticize them, still don`t understand the reason why you want to do that.

I have seen your domains as well and there is only one domain I think worth registering. I don`t come at you like hey buddy your domains sucks and list your bad choices here. I don`t say I don`t have bad domains in my portfolio cause every domainer does. Even most of the domain celebrities does.

What do you earn by those personal attacks and criticisms?

Besides from all this, I answered every single question you asked to me but I raised few questions about your domain sales but didn`t get a valid information on the names and prices you sold in 2017.

If you keep changing the topic to run away from my questions I won`t reply your questions any more. Not sure if there are any other questions left to ask me. You got all the responses.

Me? I want to know the guy who criticizes me for sales and what actually he sold in 2017.

Still got no answer.

Which is why I tried to give him a big hint...if the phrase is not taken in .com+many other tlds then your probably not going to get top dollar for it if anything at all. There is a method to registering new gs.

Slader what is your favorite new gTLD do you own? I am curious cause I have very little knowledge about you and your new gTLDs.

Do you say all your new gTLDs are taken in .com and MANY OTHER TLDs?

I don`t thinks so, if so please prove that you are not only speaking to speak and you apply this methodology yourself you are talking about.

Speaking of methodology do you have a website for all your domains so I can take a look at that?

I know it's like 4:30 am where you are at but tomorrow sometime, I want to test your theory out. Give me a .fashion I can hand reg, that makes sense. I'm some person out there that wants to make some sort of fashion site. I want to register a name, a .fashion for reg fee. Give me some names.

Or maybe a .club, since that's one I see actually selling at various marketplaces. A good one I can hand reg.

And for that to be true, it means the registries and all the new gtld investors somehow missed them.

I hand reg. wiki.fashion and ist.fashion (istanbul: ist like new york:ny) this can also be used as in German with a subdomain das.ist.fashion

If you want to register good generics with new gTLDs you have to act fast meaning registering domains when they first established.

You mentioned .club which I really like but got zero domains with this extension cause when I started to investing on new gTLDs, I already missed that train with .club. Today I can`t find any good ones for hand reg.

•••

appraisals are worthless because the price does not include the likelihood of a sale.

We can easily argue how the domain could be worth 50k to the right buyer or how it should sell for 50k but that doesn't mean that it will ever sell for that perfect price. Usually it does not.

When you are a bag holder it does not matter if you hold a 50k bag or not.

Appraisals are worthless in some cases depends on who is it coming from.

This guy owns gay.club which I think is a really good domain.

Of course I am not gonna price my domains based on others appraisals, I never asked for an appraisal from that guy he just send me a pm appraising it and of course that made me happy.

Being member here for a long time really doesn't matter Kate.

It only matters if they are talking about .com domains, cause they have experience that I can use of.

If they are not investing in new gTLDs but have more idea than any other experienced new gTLD investors, that is just hardcore ignorance.

•••

This is like considering a domain like keywordcom.com. in the case of .com extension

If you are saying all those keywords are available in .com you are mistaken cause non of the keywords available.

If you like to include the generic extension in the keyword in the case of ChampsElysees.Fashion, which is the fashion capital of Paris, then go ahead and register champselyseesfashion.com

It is funny when you go ahead and make intense research about my new gTLDs cause you got nothing to say the ones listed in my signature below. You don`t have to research most of my favorite ones are here on my signature. You can simply criticize them, still don`t understand the reason why you want to do that.

I have seen your domains as well and there is only one domain I think worth registering. I don`t come at you like hey buddy your domains sucks and list your bad choices here. I don`t say I don`t have bad domains in my portfolio cause every domainer does. Even most of the domain celebrities does.

Besides from all this, I answered every single question you asked to me but I raised few questions about your domain sales but didn`t get a valid information on the names and prices you sold in 2017.

If you keep changing the topic to run away from my questions I won`t reply your questions any more. Not sure if there are any other questions left to ask me. You got all the responses.

Me? I want to know the guy who criticizes me for sales and what actually he sold in 2017.

Still got no answer.

Slader what is your favorite new gTLD do you own? I am curious cause I have very little knowledge about you and your new gTLDs.

I don`t thinks so, if so please prove that you are not only speaking to speak and you apply this methodology yourself you are talking about.

Speaking of methodology do you have a website for all your domains so I can take a look at that?

I hand reg. wiki.fashion and ist.fashion (istanbul: ist like new york:ny) this can also be used as in German with a subdomain das.ist.fashion

If you want to register good generics with new gTLDs you have to act fast meaning registering domains when they first established.

You mentioned .club which I really like but got zero domains with this extension cause when I started to investing on new gTLDs, I already missed that train with .club. Today I can`t find any good ones for hand reg.

Financial.Help, and we are not talking about the singular keywords bro.

SLD.TLD minus the dot so SLDTLD i.e from Financial.Help to "Financial Help", how many tlds are taken in that phrase? Many at least 10+ and for this in one in particular the phrase "Financial Help" has like 20TLDS taken.

Last edited:
•••
Financial.Help

That`s nice, I like it.

•••

Still got no answer.

With new gtlds, unless it's a generic one like .xyz, it is part of the keyword. You didn't reg fuelinjectors.horse, you regged a shop. Champs Elysees alone is just a street in Paris, you paired that with fashion for a reason. ist not going to sell. Abbreviation .new gtld, maybe if it was NY or NYC, it would have a chance.

As far as hand reg names being available, you couldn't come up with a list for me, because it doesn't exist. You just said you have to be fast. Think of the normal end user. They don't know what domainers know. They go to their favorite registrar and try to register something. Look what you said about .club:

"I already missed that train with .club. Today I can`t find any good ones for hand reg."

That's my point, you're agreeing with me. The registries and domainers already have all the good ones.

Last edited:
•••
Tons of good .club are available for ~$1... incl. the names of existent clubs...
Or you are checking ULTRA keywords only???

•••
Tons of good .club are available for ~$1... incl. the names of existent clubs...
Or you are checking ULTRA keywords only???

What does existent clubs mean, do you have an example? I mean generic keywords that make sense with club.

•••
It means *club.traditionalTLD
+ many clubs can be found on Facebook... and very often their names are also available in .club

Regarding generic keywords...
Also tons... except TOP500 keywords or so...
+ many very strong keywords are available in plural and in other forms...

Also many personal and brandable names are available...
And tons CVCV/VCVC etc.

And all this observation is regarding English...
For other languages - you can reg them 24x7x365...

I can easily register 1XX .club domains daily... but it is not in my focus.

•••
It means *club.traditionalTLD
+ many clubs can be found on Facebook... and very often their names are also available in .club

Regarding generic keywords...
Also tons... except TOP500 keywords or so...
+ many very strong keywords are available in plural and in other forms...

Also many personal and brandable names are available...
And tons CVCV/VCVC etc.

And all this observation is regarding English...
For other languages - you can reg them 24x7x365...

I can easily register 1XX .club domains daily... but it is not in my focus.

Didn't see any actual examples.

With this - "many clubs can be found on Facebook."

Well, some of that might be TMed, or original names where there is only 1 end user, them.

What generics, that make sense, are available to hand reg? Real examples.

375 reported sales across many venues - https://namebio.com/?s==YTMzMjN0QTM

Just to note, the first 100 .club sales, 96 were 1 word, 4 were 2 word. Goes back to what slader was saying earlier.

If there were decent ones available, why not hand reg them? And where are they $1?

Last edited:
•••
Just a few generics...
cybersafety
turns
achtung

etc.

•••
Just a few generics...
cybersafety
turns
achtung

etc.

None of those make any sense with club. Google Keyword Tool

turns club - 0
cyber safety club - 0
achtung club - 0

it's why they're available to hand reg, vs ones that make sense:

wine club - 10k-100k
book club - 10k-100k
cookie club - 1k-10k
underwear club - 1k-10k

•••
This is your own opinion.

I see sense/usage for all of those... and they can be branded or sold to existent endusers...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back