Domain Empire

New gTLD investor Demographics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the demographics of new gTLD investors?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 18 - 25 years old

• 25 - 30 years old

• 30 - 35 years old

• 35 - 40 years old

• 40 - 45 years old

• 45 - 60 years old

• >60 years old

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

I think new gTLDs are under estimated as of today and will keep grow in value in time.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

I am curious about the demographics of new gTLD investors.

I am 28 years old and I think young people will determine how the new internet will be shaped.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
None of those make any sense with club. Google Keyword Tool

turns club - 0
cyber safety club - 0
achtung club - 0

it's why they're available to hand reg, vs ones that make sense:

wine club - 10k-100k
book club - 10k-100k
cookie club - 1k-10k
underwear club - 1k-10k

Underwear Club? Seriously?

Just because you have underwearclub.com doesn`t make this new gTLD a good one.

I am still waiting for your 2017 sales report..

@slader23 just got financial.help which sounds good at first but I searched this keyword and understand that there is not much opportunity with that domain.

I am also waiting for @slader23 new gTLDs to understand his position on new gTLDs, I requested to see them but got no response.

He talks like he is an expert on new gTLDs and trying to lecture me which is really funny. :ROFL: but when it comes to sharing them he disappears. :banghead:

My portfolio is reachable for whoever wants to check them. I put most of my favorite new gTLDs in my signature , got nothing to hide.

Now just because you assume you have only 1 killer new gTLD doesn`t make you an expert on new gTLDs.

2 words keywords are not valuable he calls, there are actual products with two words!!

On the other hand, you supporting him just because he is opposing me.

You guys got nothing on me. You run away whenever I ask questions to you but still I answered all your questions.

I tell you this, you have no idea about new gTLDs since you never invested. For your friend slader, he must learn a lot about new gTLDs before he assumes he is a pro on investing new gTLDs.

•••
I just regged cybersafety.

Regarding Google Keyword Tool...
~10 years I'm doing my domaining without it... and I can't complain.

•••
Underwear Club? Seriously?

Just because you have underwearclub.com doesn`t make this new gTLD a good one.

I can understand why you've sold 0 domains in your lifetime. I just posted search volume, do you know what that means?

Do you know Google? https://www.google.com/search?q=underwear+club&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Do you see all those underwear clubs? You fail at the most basic of research.

I tell you this, you have no idea about new gTLDs since you never invested.

There isn't some secret info on them, haha.

I just regged cybersafety.

Regarding Google Keyword Tool...
~10 years I'm doing my domaining without it... and I can't complain.

Maybe you should though if you're only getting 1 inquiry for 150 names. Or offering up keywords that make no sense, where there is no interest in them. What is a turns club anyway? And if you really believe those are good and you said you could find many others, how come you're not loading up for just $1 a pop?

Last edited:
•••
I can understand why you've sold 0 domains in your lifetime. I just posted search volume, do you know what that means?

Do you know Google? https://www.google.com/search?q=underwear+club&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Do you see all those underwear clubs? You fail at the most basic of research.

There isn't some secret info on them, haha.

Its better than pretending like you have great sales but never give details as you do.

I don`t need to fake it.You have no business knowledge or whatsoever.

It is always harder to sell high quality stuff cause they cost more.

But who I am telling this you wouldn`t understand these type of basic knowledge of business.

If I didn`t own couple of businesses and do only domaining for living as you do I would go work at McDonalds. Probably you would make more money this way.

15$ an hour right. It is better than selling $69 domains once in a while. :xf.smile:

I am happy with my life, I am happy with my bussinesses, and I am happy with my domain investments.

You are just wasting my time... You don`t worth it.

My bad, an ignorant men will never learn. I know I am doing better than you do in life. Instead of wasting your time on others businesses go earn yours!

My last discussion with you mr. ignorant

:kiss:

Last edited:
•••
From now on please stay in topic cause this thread is going no where.

new gTLD bashers are not welcomed.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

•••
Its better than pretending like you have great sales but never give details as you do.

I don`t need to fake it.You have no business knowledge or whatsoever.

It is always harder to sell high quality stuff cause they cost more.

But who I am telling this you wouldn`t understand these type of basic knowledge of business.

If I didn`t own couple of businesses and do only domaining for living as you do I would go work at McDonalds. Probably you would make more money this way.

15$ an hour right. It is better than selling $69 domains once in a while. :xf.smile:

I am happy with my life, I am happy with my bussinesses, and I am happy with my domain investments.

You are just wasting my time... You don`t worth it.

My bad, an ignorant men will never learn. I know I am doing better than you do in life. Instead of wasting your time on others businesses go earn yours!

My last discussion with you mr. ignorant

:kiss:

None of that actually addressed anything in my post. You don't do basic research, it's why you're not very good at domaining.

As far as no business knowledge whatsoever. I did go to school, and I have been working from home, my own business for the last 15 years. Your hating isn't making you a better domainer.

I know I am doing better than you do in life.

That's pretty childish by the way. Maybe pause/take a breath before you post.

From now on please stay in topic cause this thread is going no where.

You have about 47% under the age of 30
So that would be 53% over the age of 30
33% 25 and younger
28% over 40

Now do a poll with how long you've been domaining.

Last edited:
•••
nTLDs are NOT my primary investments at all... I take them when I have mood... and when I see potential endusers...
Regarding .club - I already had and have ~ high xx domains... and I don't need more.

Regarding something like wine.club
What should be commented here???

•••
Regarding ~1:150...
This is average among all nTLDs...

If .club exactly - this ratio is ~3 times better - I had 2 inquiries, but nothing interesting.

The most disappointing per my experience - .online

•••
•••
it does not matter what the nGTLD demographics are if we don't know what the .com investor demographics are...

if people here tend to be younger you will find that nGTLD investors are younger but that does not mean anything if we don't know the average age here..

not understanding the sense of this poll.

my guess is, the idea is that nGTLD investors are younger because they understand the future and the others who don't are just old ignorant farts.

Nonsense of course. I am millennial generation BTW.

The majority of people starting today learn quickly that .com is king and this is what sells. Nothing to do with age, just sales reports.

WIshful thinking does not make a sale.

Ignoring sales reports = future bag holders

Numbers don't lie. The new Gs do not have any net growth at this point. Further rounds will just release more junk extensions but not increase usage. They are now around 20 million and .com is at all time high, still growing. Gs are declining.

https://namestat.org/s/newgtld-summary

Last edited:
•••
Middle age starts at 35.

So as of now, 60% of new gTLD investors on namePros is young aged (35<)

I can see some bashers voted just to see the results. I know they are no young.

Results prooves my point.See the first post.

For .com investor demographics, I created another thread yesterday.

You can reach out here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/com-investor-demographics.1042936/

•••
Middle age starts at 35.

So as of now, 60% of new gTLD investors on namePros is young aged (35<)

Results prooves my point.See the first post.

For .com investor demographics, I created another thread yesterday.

You can reach out here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/com-investor-demographics.1042936/

if the poll does not show what you want it must be rigged and if it does it is not rigged?

Seriously, I am young according to your definition (<35) and I think the new Gs suck because I do follow current and historical trends and I don't like what I see.

•••
if the poll does not show what you want it must be rigged and if it does it is not rigged?

Seriously, I am young according to your definition (<35) and I think the new Gs suck because I do follow current and historical trends and I don't like what I see.

I never said the poll is rigged. WTF?!

Have you voted?

•••
I don't think you like to listen to other peoples advice....I literally gave you a key indicator of value in new gtlds and you failed to take heed. In terms of getting .com/.net/.org....if you don't understand how defensive registrations work....then that's fine.

Now since you disappeared after I asked about your new gTLDs, cause you were lecturing me on how to invest in new gTLDs :ROFL::xf.laugh: I ran a background check on you since you never answered.

Your favorite new gTLD is just registered 2 weeks ago and I understand why you don`t want to share the rest of them which is not more than 20 domains and I don`t like most of them.:facepalm:

You don`t even use that key indicator you mentioned on your above post for your investments. Just checked few of them and the major TLD s are not taken at 90% of your new gTLDs.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

See who is giving advice to whom? :wideyed:

123.digital - ?

aircraftfor.sale - I`m not sure if you aware that there is .forsale new gTLD to register

globalfx.online - You said never invest on 2 keywords oh boy! Yes indeed do not register if its not an actual product with two words.

suitsfor.men - 2 words
theivy.club - 2 words

monkey.city - O_o

eastern.company - ?

You don`t even apply those advices for your own investments...

I don`t usually criticize others portfolios but when they attack me, this is what happens.

You still have few killers in your portfolio tho. (y)

My advice to you is do not advice on things that you don`t apply yourself.

•••
Now since you disappeared after I asked about your new gTLDs, cause you were lecturing me on how to invest in new gTLDs :ROFL::xf.laugh: I ran a background check on you since you never answered.

Your favorite new gTLD is just registered 2 weeks ago and I understand why you don`t want to share the rest of them which is not more than 20 domains and I don`t like most of them.:facepalm:

You don`t even use that key indicator you mentioned on your above post for your investments. Just checked few of them and the major TLD s are not taken at 90% of your new gTLDs.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

See who is giving advice to whom? :wideyed:

123.digital - ?

aircraftfor.sale - I`m not sure if you aware that there is .forsale new gTLD to register

globalfx.online - You said never invest on 2 keywords oh boy! Yes indeed do not register if its not an actual product with two words.

suitsfor.men - 2 words
theivy.club - 2 words

monkey.city - O_o

eastern.company - ?

You don`t even apply those advices for your own investments...

I don`t usually criticize others portfolios but when they attack me, this is what happens.

You still have few killers in your portfolio tho. (y)

My advice to you is do not advice on things that you don`t apply yourself.

My advice to you is to refrain from being rude and aggressive to people only trying to help.

I've said before that I've gotten rid of/sold most my new gs and am only looking to add 2-3: premiums. What your looking at is what's left.

You seem very insecure bro imho and btw you should check out the stats for the phrase "suits for men" before you go on attacking me and saying I don't practice what I preach.

Have you even sold a domain to an end user before?

•••
My advice to you is to refrain from being rude and aggressive to people only trying to help.

I've said before that I've gotten rid of/sold most my new gs and am only looking to add 2-3: premiums. What your looking at is what's left.

You seem very insecure bro imho and btw you should check out the stats for the phrase "suits for men" before you go on attacking me and saying I don't practice what I preach.

Have you even sold a domain to an end user before?

I don`t do fake reports so no I don`t have any end user sales.

I didn`t attack you. You tried to lecture me about new gTLDs and I asked what you own with new gTLDs and you disappeared.

Now you are back. Glad to see you back.

suits for men - You said it is a mistake to register 2 words new gTLDs.

That`s why I posted there... When you do the same kind of investment your thesis do not apply for you but only for others that you criticize.

Fair enough?

Last edited:
•••
I never said the poll is rigged. WTF?!

Have you voted?

you said:

so you do imply that the older votes are bashers and the younger votes are investors?

How do you know? You just assume this because you want to believe that all bashers are old ignorant farts.

Truth is, 'bashers' (I would prefer to use the term 'nGTLD skeptics') are young and old investors.

Don't forget that Schilling and Berkens middle-aged domainers, who invested heavily in new extensions are not young.

It's not young vs. old. This is a false dichotomy used in ads to make a product with little organic demand more attractive.

Last edited:
•••
you said:

so you do imply that the older votes are bashers and the younger votes are investors?

I imply nothing I am telling the fact:

"I can see some bashers voted just to see the results. I know they are no young."

Even I stated in my first post:

You didn`t reply me, have you voted?

•••
I imply nothing I am telling the fact:

"I can see some bashers voted just to see the results. I know they are no young."

How do you know that 'bashers' are no young? My guess is nGTLD skeptics are both young and old.

Last edited:
•••
How do you know that 'bashers' are no young? My guess is nGTLD skeptics are both young and old.

I can see some share the results multiple times.

I made the poll unvisible without voting for only one reason. Prevent speculation.

Since you insist on not answering my question, I assume you did vote too.

•••
I'm a 20 something and I have 5-10% or my portfolio in new gTLD's - the best one being ginseng.market an obvious choice for a marketplace brand built on services like (near me). I didn't know at the time of registering .market dom's sold for relatively big money. Though I have a question, being on Namebio all .market sales are very big all are done via Rightside Media and last one sold actually on sedo for 10k is there anything to read into 98% of the sales done via Rightside? Is this a case of something mentioned earlier by @Kate the registry selling to their own network of clients bar last sedo sale?

Last edited:
•••
I'm a 20 something and I have 5-10% or my portfolio in new gTLD's - the best one being ginseng.market an obvious choice for a marketplace brand built on services like (near me). I didn't know at the time of registering .market dom's sold for relatively big money. Though I have a question, being on Namebio all .market sales are very big all are done via Rightside Media and last one sold actually on sedo for 10k is there anything to read into 98% of the sales done via Rightside? Is this a case of something mentioned earlier by @Kate the registry selling to their own network of clients bar last sedo sale?

maybe that is the reason but there is another one:

The registries have reserved all or most of the good names. That is why huge sales are always made by registries. Domainers never had access to nGTLD premium inventory at good prices.

•••
48 votes so far, looking for more participation.

Please only vote if you invest in new gTLD domains.

•••
I did not vote, I'll explain why. Much of what JB Lions said is correct "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" new gTLD's investor's hope or chances securing platform domains like akasha.world chances are close to 0. Will startups ever arrive a Y Combinator with most of the exact match I have seen posted here highly doubt it. I would edge much more on the side of caution investing in new gTLD's - However some smart clever registrations are out there 110%, but it is far and few between.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back