Watch

Wanda

Credit Card Service ProVIP Member
Impact
Yesterday, I sent out about 50 emails in effort to market
LocalBride.com
and
LocalBrides.com

I've rec'd the following email back with interest! "-)

What's a fair asking price for the PAIR??

THANKYOU FOR YOUR ADVICE!

I'm interested in your asking price?

Thank you,

**buyer**

----- Original Message -----

To: <**buyer**>

Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 5:27 PM
Subject: LocalBrides.com & LocalBride.com

>
> LocalBride.com AND LocalBrides.com
>
> These two quality, keyword domains are for sale. We are seeking
an
interested end buyer. These domains are ready too be developed. All
offers
will be considered, and you can expect a same day ownership transfer.
>
> Thankyou & we hope too hear back from you.
>
> I can be reached by phone or email.
>
> WandaMay~Cox
> [email protected]

> Texas: (903) 984-3109

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:kickass:

Some good comments, as well ... in your "Appraisal" thread. Thanks for following up here. :)
If they were mine, I would Offer $175 - $225+ for the pair, in an effort for "Quick Sale". Certainly, in light of the potential End user, you could ask for more :$: ... and then work your way down.
If this is your position, stress the offer to sell (and come down from your originally intended range) at a reduced price in the name of expediency, as you've already mentioned that aspect.
Please keep us posted ... and Good Luck, Wanda! :)

•••
Thanks CH.. I did go back and review the appraisals, and did an average of the posted appraisals from the members, and got an average of $67 PKG.
IMO.. based on this company (market strength.. and size of company) I feel they are worth more, and they certainly have the pocket change.. so I've replied with an asking price for the pkg. @ $250

We'll see how that pans' out.. Hope it's a sale!

•••
Originally posted by WandaCox
Thanks CH.. I did go back and review the appraisals, and did an average of the posted appraisals from the members, and got an average of $67 PKG.
IMO.. based on this company (market strength.. and size of company) I feel they are worth more, and they certainly have the pocket change.. so I've replied with an asking price for the pkg. @ $250

We'll see how that pans' out.. Hope it's a sale!

Most excellent! :)
Remember, the Appraisals were mainly :$: at the "wholesale" level, and the price here at the End user level will have MUCH to do with your presentation, and willingness to sell quickly at this time, as outlined. I like where you are right now, IMHO.

•••
I'd offer around 200.00

•••
Both for 220-250 sounds good.

•••
I offered the pr. for $250
Have not heard back..
So yesterday I sent another courtesy email with a reduced figure of $150
No feedback. :( I tried..

This pr. are for sale.. Feel free too PM me a fair offer. I'll consider all offers..

•••
Maybe they are out in vacation or something.

•••
Just a thought Wanda.
I've noticed alot of people "demanding" "requesting" starting at" prices.

Maybe try a slightly different approach when talking to potential "buyers"

Explain that you have "heard" and "seen" that these domains have been appraised at $x.00 Then, counter act that cost, with a innocent "I personally cant believe that they would be worth this".

At which point, you have left the prospective buyer with several options and "implied" the value is considerable, and they could get a bargain. The difference, is that THEY feel the bargain is there, rather than you telling them. :)

Dont know if it works...just a weird and wonderful guys theory...(that would be mine!)
lol

Good luck! :)

•••
•••
Chrs... :) I try to do my best,
but end up being Trying ;) lol

•••
Originally posted by SY4

Explain that you have "heard" and "seen" that these domains have been appraised at $x.00 Then, counter act that cost, with a innocent "I personally cant believe that they would be worth this".

At which point, you have left the prospective buyer with several options and "implied" the value is considerable, and they could get a bargain. The difference, is that THEY feel the bargain is there, rather than you telling them. :)

Interesting strategy Sy, and the first I've heard of it. I'd like to see if any results can be gained with it.

Wanda- the $250 you replied back with is a fair price, and the $150 even more so. Be patient and you might get a response from the same potential buyer. Some people aren't as quick replying to email as others, especially when potential purchase is involved.

•••
As a matter of policy, I ALWAYS send out such solicitations to several prospects within a given market, and I would normally include a clause that says the offier is valid only for x number of days and is subject to prior sale. It also helps to clearly state that the domains are being marketed to several businesses potentially serving the same market segment.

Seems to help speed things up a bit. YMMV.

•••
I would be anxious to know the result!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back