NameSilo

.mobi LLL.mobi Possible-Buyout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
Everyone knows that the LLL.mobi sold out long ago but eventually, many owners let their domains drop. I made a list a few days ago showing the available LLL.mobi domains and I'm a tad surprised.

There are 18,928 possible LLL combinations. When I complied the list, there were 1,984 LLL's available. But a decent amount were regged from then til now. So I'm thinking that since .mobi is still pretty new and many companies will surely develop more mobile-friendly websites, there could be another LLL.mobi buyout. I have no idea if it'll stay but I do foresee a buyout sometime soon.

GoDaddy is having a $7.99 (or so) .mobi special and several other registrars are having sales, too. I think it would be wise to pick up a few LLL's now for future investments. Even if LLL.mobis fail to turn a decent profit, you'll only be losing your reg fees. For those interested, here is a list of all LLL.mobis available right now. I'll try to keep this list updated. Reps are always appreciated :)

What is your opinion of LLL.mobi? Do you think ppl should take this small gamble? Anyway, here is the list as of Sunday May 31th 2009:

BUYOUT!

0 domains!
(5/31/09)

(1,984 were available around 3/1/09)
(1,943 were available on 3/6/09)
(1,916 were available on 3/11/09)
(1,865 were available on 3/26/09)
(1,294 were available on 4/22/09)
(1,267 were available on 4/28/09)
(1,254 were available on 5/11/09)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Developed.

scandiman said:
Challenged about what, my purchases? I have no clue what you're talking about. :? :-/

Please re-read my posts in their entirety above, IMHO. :gl:

Onward and upward. :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Please re-read my posts in their entirety above, IMHO. :gl:

Onward and upward. :talk:
-Jeff B-)

I'm not up for your puzzles, kindly restate whatever it is you're trying to be challenged on.

•••
I see this is getting a little heated lol

So I should say this and hopefully we can all move on, sing Kumbya (or debate how the spelling really is. I dunno lol) and live with peace:

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are 2 factors that affect the .mobi: The recession and laxk of development. When this recession is over, .mobi will regain value. BUT will it skyrocket in value? That goes on my second point. I made this thread to make aware that there are still LLL's available (and contrary to a post made on the last page, there are still some decent LLL's out there). There are some who believe that .mobi will become more developed in the future, thus making them more desirable but there are neigh-sayers who believe .mobi will walk the way of the dinosaur, joining .name and other failures. I cannot state this enough: .MOBI WILL BE PRETTY MUCH WORTHLESS FOREVER UNLESS PPL START DEVELOPING THEM MORE. My belief -- and it's shared by many -- is that with the millions of ppl who browse the net via mobile devices, companies will want to develop mobile-friendly sites (stand alone sites or extensions of their current ones). Will this happen? I don't know. No one (sorry, Jeff) knows what the future will be. Considering their lack of development and this recession, there are great .mobi deals to be had. Gobble them up or just walk away.

Bill Cosby once criticized the 'Osbournes' TV show, stating that it's horrible for today's families to watch. He yearned for his days of the Cosby Show and compared the shows in a light that some might call unfair. Sharon Osbourne made a rather public response to Bill: There are buttons on the remote that change channels. If you don't like our show, just turn the f*cking channel and get over it.

The same goes with .mobi haters: If you don't like .mobi, don't run your mouth about it. There's a Back button on your browser. If you don't like reading ppl give their 2 cents on .mobi or if you hate any aspect of them, just click Back and read about the heavy-hitters like .com . This is NP and everyone is entitled to share their views but nothing is being achieved by bashing.

•••
Archangel said:
I cannot state this enough: .MOBI WILL BE PRETTY MUCH WORTHLESS FOREVER UNLESS PPL START DEVELOPING THEM MORE.

Agree. :gl: :imho:

Peace.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Archangel said:
The same goes with .mobi haters: If you don't like .mobi, don't run your mouth about it.
Good luck with that.

•••
I think you guys own most of the LLL.mobi
Can you please develop it for the sake of LLL.mobi?

Last edited:
•••
scandiman said:
Good luck with that.

It'll be a hard job to do. lol But maybe the haters will lighten up later on... if we start seeing mire .mobi developed

newsiness said:
Most of the LLL.mobi, you guys own it....
Please develop it!!!

I'm thinking of developing my 2 if I can find a good concept for them.

•••
Righto. Stand-alone development is CRITICAL, in my view! :yell: :!:

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

PS. On the topic of LLL.mobi buyouts, it'll only matter if OTHER THINGS are being done to fully develop the .MOBI "ecosystem" (as I stated earlier here in this thread), IMHO. :gl:

•••
Jeff said:
^ Good stuff! :music: :imho:

200 NP$'s en route ... :talk:
-Jeff B-)

wow, 257$ NP! D-: thats what i call a raise.

anyway, i see again that several different conversations are going on:

1) about domainer values of .mobi

2) about the health of the .mobi TLD as a whole

3) about developing on the .mobi

4) about buyouts

Jeff, i did purchase the 21+ beverages with your donation money.. but even after 4-5 of em, i still find you one of the most unreasonable people to argue with.

•••
Archangel said:
Bill Cosby once criticized the 'Osbournes' TV show, stating that it's horrible for today's families to watch. He yearned for his days of the Cosby Show and compared the shows in a light that some might call unfair. Sharon Osbourne made a rather public response to Bill: There are buttons on the remote that change channels. If you don't like our show, just turn the f*cking channel and get over it.

The same goes with .mobi haters: If you don't like .mobi, don't run your mouth about it. There's a Back button on your browser. If you don't like reading ppl give their 2 cents on .mobi or if you hate any aspect of them, just click Back and read about the heavy-hitters like .com . This is NP and everyone is entitled to share their views but nothing is being achieved by bashing.

There is no point making statements like this, this is a "discussion forum" and you are you are doing the exact opposite yourself. Both cheerleaders (lovers) and naysayers (haters) can say what they like.

People should be thankful for all the naysaying in the past given what has happened over the last year with this extension.

•••
snoop said:
People should be thankful for all the naysaying in the past given what has happened over the last year with this extension.

"thankful"?

True, I am "thankful" for your constant naysaying. I believe that because of most people's personal financial situation married with a constant flow of negative comments from yourself, Jeff and others, that some (if not many) .mobi investors from NP have chosen to abandon their .mobi domains. As a development firm we have been able to acquire domains that are now much more affordable than before and in some cases names we have coveted since landrush. While this can be said across many TLDs and across many industries, .mobi has endured a constant barrage of attacks from naysayers and like it or not... it can erode someone's confidence in their own portfolios, especially if they focused their .mobi investments in parking or flipping (imho, not where the money is/was (obviously those who flipped quick made a killing)). While it was easy to ignore negative/naysayer posts... it became hard to ignore the deals that surfaced in the last 6+ months. As a developer, it is nice to be able to put more money into development and marketing vs domain acquisition.

So Snoop, Jeff, others... keep up the good work. :]

regarding the .mobi LLL buyout... I don't see it happening because IMHO it is not important to the evolution of .mobi itself. The LLL buyout won't affect my portfolio, so I only buy what I need when I need it. I've picked up several LLL (regfee to $50) that were acronyms for my developed sites, and picked up many more for our .mobi pureplay websites. So overall I'm glad the prices have dropped from their $XXX highs.

For those that invested in .mobi and lost (or currently losing) I can only suggest you spend some time researching all the development tools (free, freemium, pro) and choose one site to develop and work every day to increase your traffic and revenue. There's no need for full-scale development. Just do something with the domain VS parking or waiting for a buyer to come along. I'm sure much of this is falling on deaf ears, so I'll stop here. :)

•••
MrRhee said:
For those that invested in .mobi and lost (or currently losing) I can only suggest you spend some time researching all the development tools (free, freemium, pro) and choose one site to develop and work every day to increase your traffic and revenue. There's no need for full-scale development. Just do something with the domain VS parking or waiting for a buyer to come along.

Good points, MrRhee ... all comments and opinions appreciated! :music: :talk:

-Jeff B-)

•••
MrRhee said:
"thankful"?

True, I am "thankful" for your constant naysaying. I believe that because of most people's personal financial situation married with a constant flow of negative comments from yourself, Jeff and others, that some (if not many) .mobi investors from NP have chosen to abandon their .mobi domains. As a development firm we have been able to acquire domains that are now much more affordable than before and in some cases names we have coveted since landrush. While this can be said across many TLDs and across many industries, .mobi has endured a constant barrage of attacks from naysayers and like it or not... it can erode someone's confidence in their own portfolios, especially if they focused their .mobi investments in parking or flipping (imho, not where the money is/was (obviously those who flipped quick made a killing)). While it was easy to ignore negative/naysayer posts... it became hard to ignore the deals that surfaced in the last 6+ months. As a developer, it is nice to be able to put more money into development and marketing vs domain acquisition.

So Snoop, Jeff, others... keep up the good work. :]

regarding the .mobi LLL buyout... I don't see it happening because IMHO it is not important to the evolution of .mobi itself. The LLL buyout won't affect my portfolio, so I only buy what I need when I need it. I've picked up several LLL (regfee to $50) that were acronyms for my developed sites, and picked up many more for our .mobi pureplay websites. So overall I'm glad the prices have dropped from their $XXX highs.

For those that invested in .mobi and lost (or currently losing) I can only suggest you spend some time researching all the development tools (free, freemium, pro) and choose one site to develop and work every day to increase your traffic and revenue. There's no need for full-scale development. Just do something with the domain VS parking or waiting for a buyer to come along. I'm sure much of this is falling on deaf ears, so I'll stop here. :)

Great post MrRhee, with Jeff back in here the naysayer undertow will only increase in the domain speculator community. Let the deals continue, I know you've managed to pick up some amazing .mobi domains in recent months.

•••
scandiman said:
Great post MrRhee, with Jeff back in here the naysayer undertow will only increase in the domain speculator community. Let the deals continue, I know you've managed to pick up some amazing .mobi domains in recent months.

Apparently, I and other so-called "naysayers" ... are now somehow facilitating "deals" amonst some unnamed in the .MOBI domain speculator community - of course, we'd prefer to see fully compliant stand-alone ".MOBI" developments with unique and compelling content for those that are "on the go"; but I'll concede this point in the interests of peace and harmony here in the lively #1 Namepros .MOBI Forum™, IMHO. :talk:

See you soon and have a great weekend. :music:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Apparently, I and other so-called "naysayers" ... are now somehow facilitating "deals" amonst some unnamed in the .MOBI domain speculator community - of course, we'd prefer to see fully compliant stand-alone ".MOBI" developments with unique and compelling content for those that are "on the go"; but I'll concede this point in the interests of peace and harmony here in the lively #1 Namepros .MOBI Forum™, IMHO. :talk:

he was talking about MrRhee picking up some good deals - not you.

•••
MrRhee said:
"thankful"?

True, I am "thankful" for your constant naysaying. I believe that because of most people's personal financial situation married with a constant flow of negative comments from yourself, Jeff and others, that some (if not many) .mobi investors from NP have chosen to abandon their .mobi domains.

This comment reminds me of NP member ItalianDragon, I told people over a year ago I thought the LLLL.com market would collapse, he called me an idiot many times, then when it did actually happen he blamed me for it. Sometimes people don't seem to like seeing a market for what it is, and that is one that was inflated to silly levels.

Extensions do not collapse because of Jeff, me and some others naysaying. .mobi has fallen over because the degree of usage was nowhere near what was expected by speculators. It was backed by a large % of the biggest Internet co's and big domainers were buying, in the end that counted for nothing at all. The curtain went up and the stage was empty. Even I thought the development levels would be higher than what they have been.

The financial situation has likely made it worse than it otherwise would have been (or maybe sped up the process depending on how you'd like to see it), because people are far more focused on non speculative revenue - ie flipping is dead and that is what .mobi has mainly been about.

•••
mjnels said:
he was talking about MrRhee picking up some good deals - not you.

Coolio, just as long as both MrRhee and Paul are not wasting these "good deals" ... and developing them as stand-alone websites to be added (or to build, depending on how you look at it) to the fully developed .MOBI "ecosystem", IMHO. :gl:
I really like MrRhee's ... "VS parking or waiting for a buyer to come along" position, as well.

Good to go! :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Paul and MrRhee are not your typical domain speculators.. so i do truly believe they both appreciate the lower prices.

on the other hand, I have been a speculator/flipper since .mobi came out... I could do without the lower prices but i saw it coming from miles away once i noticed an aftermarket bubble starting to build.

•••
Jeff, you seem repetitious here lol But your point stands that we need more DEVELOPMENT in .mobi and not merely redirects (as you mentioned in another thread.)

snoop said:
This comment reminds me of NP member ItalianDragon, I told people over a year ago I thought the LLLL.com market would collapse, he called me an idiot many times, then when it did actually happen he blamed me for it. Sometimes people don't seem to like seeing a market for what it is, and that is one that was inflated to silly levels.

Extensions do not collapse because of Jeff, me and some others naysaying. .mobi has fallen over because the degree of usage was nowhere near what was expected by speculators. It was backed by a large % of the biggest Internet co's and big domainers were buying, in the end that counted for nothing at all. The curtain went up and the stage was empty. Even I thought the development levels would be higher than what they have been.

The financial situation has likely made it worse than it otherwise would have been (or maybe sped up the process depending on how you'd like to see it), because people are far more focused on non speculative revenue - ie flipping is dead and that is what .mobi has mainly been about.

www.oneuglydomain.com had no real hope but one thing that irks me is ppl blamed me for its demise. How did I kill it? It was a doomed concept.

People are regging .mobi hoping for the best. But there really isn't too much at the moment to hope for. If you own a .mobi, try developing it. There doesn't seem to be awareness of the ext., even after a few years.

And snoop, I wasn't aiming at you w/ the Osbournes thing. It's only a general way of looking at it -- some call .mobi dead and others the opposite. ppl can say what they want but like you said and like I mentioned above, it'll take more than 1 person to nail those nails into the coffin.

•••
Archangel said:
Jeff, you seem repetitious here lol

I'm new ... thanks for bearing with me! :) :red:

But your point stands that we need more DEVELOPMENT in .mobi and not merely redirects (as you mentioned in another thread.)

Agreed, greatly appreciate your opinions and professional input ... and see you soon. :talk:

Have a great ".MOBI" Sunday!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
I'm new ... thanks for bearing with me! :) :red:
You're new? :lol:

Jeff - Posts: 28,461

•••
List updated

It now seems that 119 were regged between 3/1 and so far today (3/26)
That might not seem like a huge deal and perhaps it isn't but at this rate and with no LLL.mobi dropping for awhile, it's possible for the list to be down -1k in a year or less. Would the others be scooped up? Who knows? I think I might take another to add to my 2 if I can fund my damn debit card :(

•••
It's a long and winding road but Im hanging on to my 20 .mobi domains, I've one LLL.mobi and some city names (India and China) . Im hoping the .mobi will catch on more in developing countries that will get access to mobile internet before the traditional internet.

•••
hunkydorey said:
It's a long and winding road but Im hanging on to my 20 .mobi domains, I've one LLL.mobi and some city names (India and China) . Im hoping the .mobi will catch on more in developing countries that will get access to mobile internet before the traditional internet.

.mobi has a long road ahead of it but I do believe that it'll be worth the trip (if, as stated by many in this thread, ppl start developing their .mobis and stop parking them)

As one of the first 5,000 registered users, WELCOME TO NAMEPROS! Enjoy your stay. We'll make sure you have a mint on your pillow :)

•••
I scanned the list of available lll.mobi and found that in about 2 months, the number went from 1,984 to 1,294. I could be off a bit since I didn't scan for drops but lll.mobi hasn't been dropping much lately, from what I can tell. But from around 3/1 to 4/22 aboout 690 lll.mobi were regged. Shouldn't this be an indication that picking up a few now for $7.99 or so would be a wise decision? Sure, it wouldn't be the greatest investment of them all but it looks like one that a person could shell out $10-20 for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back