IT.COM

Is it time to trash all non .com domains?

NameSilo
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
Inquiring minds want to know!

Share your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only usually buy dot com but I feel some just fit the other extension well still for keyword phrases.

•••
Besides the premium like buy.land fast.cars, find.hookers.. etc.. i wouldn't want to hold on to anything like desserts.car or something similar..etc

•••
Besides the premium like buy.land fast.cars, find.hookers.. etc.. i wouldn't want to hold on to anything like desserts.car or something similar..etc
that name don't fit to me

•••
I was only able to sell one .com domain so far, but I have sold 3 other extension domain.

So for me try to invest on them for short of period, then flipp it for as low as you can. There reg price are very cheap too

•••
upload_2017-4-27_11-17-40.png

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
Probably 20 years ago, people said the same about .com. I remember back then, I had colleagues telling me there was no way to generate business on the internet. :)

Now, for those who held onto their .com domains, well we know how that went.

Bottom line is, even .com domains drop. I'm not a big fan of other extensions or anything. Just saying that I have seen many things change overnight. One big celeb, one announcement, just one thing could ignite interest quickly.

Careful investment is always the best policy. I see lots of money wasted and it doesn't matter the extension.

•••
I don't think so

I will keep my .de too ;)

•••
.org was great alternative for me, until they screwed it by raising prices.

By the way, if Verisign adds, let's say $3-4/year, on .com renewals, lots of .coms held for future sale would become worthless overnight.

•••
.org was great alternative for me, until they screwed it by raising prices.

By the way, if Verisign adds, let's say $3-4/year, on .com renewals, lots of .coms held for future sale would become worthless overnight.

maybe you should keep .coms that are worth more then $30 USD

•••
•••
•••
•••
Guys like him, who bought LLLL domains for pennies at that time are probably swimming in pools of cash today. @Silentptnr

•••
.com is like Google.
.net/.org are like Bing/yahoo

Others are like lycos, teoma, duckduckgo etc.

Now, you decide.

•••
.com is like Google.

Now, you decide.
Lol....Good analogy.

•••
.com is like Google.

Now, you decide.

By the way, for how much LLLL domains with extensions like .NET, ORG, CO are selling?
@Smooth @Silentptnr

•••
Guys like him, who bought LLLL domains for pennies at that time are probably swimming in pools of cash today. @Silentptnr

Look at it this way.

You could buy regular LLLLs for $50 average in 2006, you can buy them for $250 average in 2017.

In 11 years someone made you great service of holding those names and paying renewals for just $200, which is roughly 4% interest on $9/year renewals and initial investment of $50.

Last edited:
•••
.com is like Google.

Now, you decide.

and AltaVista....

•••
Look at it this way.

You could buy regular LLLLs for $50 average in 2006, you can buy them for $250 average in 2017.

In 11 years someone made you great service of holding those names and paying renewals for just $200, which is roughly 4% interest on $9/year renewals and initial investment of $50.
In 2006 you might have bought some randon now called chip 4l . Com as well
And some of them may have been cvcv.com

That will give a very different outcome

•••
In 2006 you might have bought some randon now called chip 4l . Com as well
And some of them may have been cvcv.com

That will give a very different outcome

Chinese prem thing is a fluke that might still "normalize". It is impossible to make educated bet for something like that into future. Many Chinese prems are also western chips and they were selling for low-mid $xxx even 11 years ago.

CVCV.coms were also $xxxx names at that time, as other great LLLLs. I paid around 2.5K for elix.com at NJ auction about 8 years ago, for example.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm keeping my strong one-word .co's. I'll let dotcoms drop before them. After all, the dot co market is still young.

•••
Back