Domain Empire

advice How reliable is Estibot valuation?

NameSilo
Watch

felilah

Established Member
Impact
Hi namepros!

I was looking for domains to invest while I came across this non dot-com four letter domain which has an Estibot valuation of $22,000. How reliable is it? Can I possible sell it for that price or even half the price? I am pretty new to domaining so any advice would be helpful :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Estibot valuations can vary widely and may not always accurately reflect the true market value of a domain. While they can provide a rough estimate, it's important to consider other factors such as recent comparable sales, demand for similar domains, and the specific characteristics of the domain itself when analyzing its worth. Consulting with experienced domain investors and utilizing multiple valuation tools can provide a more comprehensive understanding of a domain's potential value.

Last edited:
•••
It's been a while since I've used estibot, but I don't think they hand out $22,000 valuations very easily so there must be something metric based that signals that high of an appraisal?

Here's a case study. I own 594168.com. Estibot appraises it at $24,000. Woo-hoo.

I stand corrected. Estibot seems to have massively inflated a lot of their appraisals since my last use.

Not just in reference to @Jannes case study, but even looking back at namePros posts with old estibot appraisals (especiall 6Ns) and comparing those appraisals to their current estibot appraisal, the increasse is noticable in multiples.

I've removed my disagree click reply to those who commented 0%.

•••
This whole industry is seriously fu*ked up. I just bought for $10.43 a decent two word domain that refers to "Flip Flops" that GD values @ $1,447 and Estibot values @ <less than $100.

The name is actually pretty "catchy" and living in a beach/resort community flip flops are very popular.

Finally, while end users care mostly about the name, it's Go Daddy's appraisal that will help me sell it for what it's actually worth:xf.wink:
The name sells the name not GD valuations. Stop being so hung up on GD valuations which are predominantly based on wholesale trading.

This I expect from a noob (being obsessed with valuations) not someone at this for years. After years at this you should be pretty confident in your valuations.

•••
The name sells the name not GD valuations. Stop being so hung up on GD valuations which are predominantly based on wholesale trading.

This I expect from a noob (being obsessed with valuations) not someone at this for years. After years at this you should be pretty confident in your valuations.
Speaking of noob's, this obviously has gone way over your head:xf.rolleyes: I'm not hung up on GD valuations, however i do know the average "end user" knows of GD, whereas they've NEVER heard of the likes of Estibot, Sedo or DAN or even Afternic.

Karmac, having started and named dozens of business, I probably know just a little more about how an "end user" might think, but if you think you know better enjoy:ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back