NameSilo

information I will never help another domainer

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

uglydork

Top Member
Impact
1,694
So I have a guy hit me up with an unsolicited direct message asking me to buy a 3 letter domain -he did the same thing months ago with another name and I nicely said no.
He wanted 6 figures months ago and now 50k. It is a nice 3 letter but I am trying to sell Birdsnest.com and pacemakers.com right now so I’m tied up.
The guy keeps messaging me so I decide to help him out and I reach out to my big boy contacts - I try not to bother these guys unless it’s something good and out of my range.
This is on Monday - a holiday where I live. My big guy gives me a number and the seller doesn’t like it. Ok - don’t take it - goodbye. Nope - comes back with another number. I tell him my big guy won’t negotiate- he insists.
At this point I am a broker on this deal! My big guy literally tells me “ tell him to fuck off” and my big guy is in the middle of closing on a house. The buyer knows all this information and keeps pushing. He finally tells me he will take the big guys offer after hours of telling me he has had better offers. I’m shielding my big guy from all this nonsense to help the seller get a deal done - he seems desperate.
I literally tell him that the big guy is buying a house as we speak - he has to agree and then I will give you his email for escrow. I’m not giving out the big guys name or email to anyone or he will disown me.
He keeps pressing me for his address.
It’s a holiday - I’m off work - my wife is complaining because I’m ignoring her and the kids - it was the last 80 degree day in Buffalo for 7 months. The buyer is busy buying a house with his wife out of the country with a time difference.
I finally get the ok from the big boy to give him an address to start escrow. I DM the buyer the address and.......POOF! Not even a thank you. It’s been 2 days and I know Escrow closed - the last message is me giving him an email address and then silence.
I literally spent hours as a go between helping this seller - I had to keep a buffer or the big boy would have told him to kiss his ass and backed out.
I spent my day off helping someone and not even a thanks - if you read this - it’s normally 10% - you’re welcome- that was a big sale - enjoy you sale and money.
Don’t help people-
 
44
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Looks like the cat is out of the bag and the two parties exchanging responses here have probably been under a bit of stress.

Main question I have is why would such a prominent buyer back out of a three letter .com purchase for 50k?

Has anyone asked Rick Schwartz if he want it? He says they are all worth a million right?

So I look at all of this as an opportunity for the seller to make more money and if uglydork is owed a commission make him earn it by brokering a sale through to the end.

All in all it could be a win win for everyone involved and the whole domain industry could save a bit of face.

I must say I am surprised the sale did not go through, especially with such a high profile purchaser.

I am not really surprised about the sale not going through, when negotiations run long, the buyers patience wears thin.

I am surprised that these two members want to air all this out here, by phone or DM would probably settle their differences far more efficiently IMO

Carry on
 
3
•••
Looks like the cat is out of the bag and the two parties exchanging responses here have probably been under a bit of stress.

Main question I have is why would such a prominent buyer back out of a three letter .com purchase for 50k?

Has anyone asked Rick Schwartz if he wants it? He says they are all worth a million right?

So I look at all of this as an opportunity for the seller to make more money and if uglydork is owed a commission make him earn it by brokering a sale through to the end.

All in all it could be a win win for everyone involved and the whole domain industry could save a bit of face.

I must say I am surprised the sale did not go through, especially with such a high profile purchaser.

Hey Maple - you I respect
Have I ever showed you a good Canadian name I thought you might like? Did I ask anything for it? Did you thank me?
That’s the entire point of all of this - be courteous and people will go out of their way to help you!
 
1
•••
I am not bottom rung either.
Because you made one lucky sale? whatever. And I never said or alluded to being smarter or better than you, but thanks for the compliment.
 
1
•••
I am not really surprised about the sale not going through, when negotiations run long, the buyers patience wears thin.

I am surprised that these two members want to air all this out here, by phone or DM would probably settle their differences far more efficiently IMO

Carry on

The sale means nothing to me - I did my part as a favor. Nothing more. The sale is between the seller and buyer whoever they are. I have yet to reveal either identity
 
0
•••
Because you made one lucky sale? whatever. And I never said or alluded to being smarter or better than you, but thanks for the compliment.

1 sale - smh
But yet you can’t stop making googly eyes at me - your hooked
 
0
•••
I have yet to reveal either identity
See ug, you say this, yet when one looks at the image crypto posted between the two of you, you can read thru the black out, that you gave him Drews email addy. You just passing that out to everybody you email with?
 
0
•••
See ug, you say this, yet when one looks at the image crypto posted between the two of you, you can read thru the black out, that you gave him Drews email addy. You just passing that out to everybody you email with?

That’s not from me - how do I know what the buyer did - photoshop? No idea
Like I said - I have never divulged who the two parties are - I keep my word
You can hate me or not respect me but I always keep my word
 
0
•••
Andrew @MediaOptions is the most helpful awesome successful person in this industry right now. He has done things for me that are invaluable. Andrews time and knowledge is worth more to me than any opinion here and yes, I will defend Andrew at the risk of pissing off a few wanna be's and trolls.

I am picturing the buyer sitting on a mountain of cash laughing at me. This was NEVER about money - I dont care about the money.

You must have a serious case of NPD - If you wife loves you she will do everything she can to check you in to get help.................. Seriously consider it

You've physiologically fell apart my friend

The fact you seem to be gleeful with joy by blowing this > non-story up is disturbingly worrying on so many levels
 
Last edited:
0
•••
That’s not from me - how do I know what the buyer did - photoshop?
So now you're suggesting 'the buyer', who's not been in this thread, photo-shopped someone else's image. ..ooo..kaayy.. You clear up so much that's been said or pointed out here. wow.
 
1
•••
So now you're suggesting 'the buyer', who's not been in this thread, photo-shopped someone else's image. ..ooo..kaayy.. You clear up so much that's been said or pointed out here. wow.

I didn’t post it so I have no idea?
You are still here- enthralled - you can’t quit me can you?
What have I done wrong? I do t know you and have never said a bad word about you.
I am different than you - why is that so hard to understand? We all see the world differently.
 
0
•••
I have never divulged who the two parties are - I keep my word
In your first and original post, you should have never said the buyer was busy buying a house.
 
1
•••
So now you're suggesting 'the buyer', who's not been in this thread, photo-shopped someone else's image. ..ooo..kaayy.. You clear up so much that's been said or pointed out here. wow.
You must have a serious case of NPD - If you wife loves you she will do everything she can to check you in to get help.................. Seriously consider it

You've physiologically fell apart my friend
I have an amazing marriage-job- home-kids - my life is awesome!
That’s why none of this bothers me - it’s all an online fantasy world. None of you buys what I sell (a few have) so why do I care what some person I have never met and I don’t do business with cates about me
You’re not getting it - this world you live in online only exists in our heads - none of this is real. Your family and friends are reality - none of this matters
 
0
•••
0
•••
I didn’t post it so I have no idea?
You are still here- enthralled - you can’t quit me can you?
What have I done wrong? Why do you always have a hard on for me? I do t know you and have never said a bad word about you.
I am different than you - why is that so hard to understand? We all see the world differently.
You love to flatter yourself don't you.
Trust me, I'm not enthralled of you and definitely don't have a hard on for you (":xf.eek:"!). I don't know you either, and am pretty sure I don't want to after reading all your various postings. All I'm doing is pointing out the inconsistencies in your braggadocios postings you keep making. If that bothers you, than don't do so. You're no better of a domainer than anyone else here, you just want others to think so, and that you're not, after a few years of domaining, a 'bottom runger' because you correspond with a few 'big guys'. (Like no one else does.) We're all so impressed. NOT.
 
2
•••
You love to flatter yourself don't you.
Trust me, I'm not enthralled of you and definitely don't have a hard on for you (":xf.eek:"!). I don't know you either, and am pretty sure I don't want to after reading all your various postings. All I'm doing is pointing out the inconsistencies in your braggadocios postings you keep making. If that bothers you, than don't do so. You're no better of a domainer than anyone else here, you just want others to think so, and that you're not, after a few years of domaining, a 'bottom runger' because you correspond with a few 'big guys'. (Like no one else does.) We're all so impressed. NOT.
But here you are still communicating with me!
How am I bragging- please tell me?
You have no idea what my sales are or who I talk to, I don’t post that here. I posted 1 sale and people like you got all butt hurt so I stopped posting sales.
You sure do like talking to some you dislike.
I love this shit - I could go back and forth all day.
 
0
•••
But here you are still communicating with me!
How am I bragging- please tell me?
You have no idea what my sales are or who I talk to, I don’t post that here. I posted 1 sale and people like you got all butt hurt so I stopped posting sales.
You sure do like talking to some you dislike.
I love this sh*t - I could go back and forth all day.
You answer your own questions. Ha.
Yeah I'm butt hurt over what a nobody like you does.
Whatever, your postings say all one needs to know about you, a self righteous, egotistical, braggadocios wanna be. Funny how all the older in age the domainer here, the more condescending, argumentative and defensive they are.

You da domaining man ug. But, at least you do live up to your moniker.
 
0
•••
Not a wannabe - I am who I am
A wannabe what? I have an amazing life - this is just vacation money - I have a real job
 
0
•••
0
•••
Just curious ug, being the man of his word you say you are (:xf.rolleyes:), what ever happened to this -
I am canceling my Namepros account for now - I can’t deal with backstabbing and childish assholes on this site
Oh, yeah, you cleared that up here -
I love this sh*t - I could go back and forth all day.
 
1
•••
Just curious ug, being the man of his word you say you are (:xf.rolleyes:), what ever happened to this -
Oh, yeah, you cleared that up here -
Talked to @Eric Lyon about it and it doesn’t serve the purpose I wanted. Go ahead and ask him - I don’t lie
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back