NameSilo

Seller selling me my own domain πŸ˜‚

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by NetworkPearl, Feb 24, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. NetworkPearl

NetworkPearl Top Contributor VIP

Hi,

So last week I got an offer for a LLL.com through email. He said his client wants it. We negotiated a bit and he agreed to purchase it but asked me to wait till Wednesday. I told him I have another pronounceable LLL.com but he’s not interested.

so yesterday I bumped my thread in buyers section where I’m looking for LLL.coms. Just a few minutes later, I got a message from a very new user ( joined this Friday) that a LLL.com ( which I own and shared with the other guy through email) is for sale and asked $23k for it.

I wanted to find out more since this LLL.com was purchased by me a week ago. I carried the discussion along with him to give me proof that he owns it.

View post on imgur.com

and a minute later I got this email which is a copy and paste of my PM to this salwa guy:

View post on imgur.com

This made me laugh and told him to fuck off.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. pb

pb Established Member β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Domain broker in the training.

3. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

It takes all kinds apparently. πŸ™„ I am glad you take this with a sense of humor. Overall I find this practice of trying to sell something you don’t own a bad idea and a bad reflection on this industry.

4. sharfab

sharfab Established Member

If a person is using that much effort to fraud you, then I would keep a close eye on all my domain names and email accounts with a good notion of changing a few passwords as a precautionary measure...

5. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

you can sell something you dont own, if you’re authorized to by the actual owner

but to try to go around the actual owner and sell something without permission

attempt stealing, isnt it? Or Fraud? something.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  6. AdamFL

AdamFL Established Member

Impersonation is misdemeanor :pompous:

7. NetworkPearl

NetworkPearl Top Contributor VIP

Yes I totally agree.

8. cabotower

cabotower Top Contributor VIP

in this case 2 step verification may be worth the trouble.

9. novasyd

novasyd Established Member

Well, If you fine with the negotiated price just sell it. Soon he will realize that his client doesn't want it anymore :D and you may negotiate a good buyback price. :D

10. BrandPlease

BrandPlease BrandPlease.com VIP Gold Account

Thanks for sharing - & at least the names you mention have some actual value associated with them.

Ever dropped a bunch of (worthless) names and have those mystery "brookers" who front run the drops - trying to sell you your own drops?

11. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Top Contributor VIP

That's been going on for years - My guess is they are looking for those that may not be aware the domain did not renew, they probably do come across one or two looking to recover an inadvertent drop.

Anyway expect a lot more of these "I am acting on behalf of the owner of XXXXX.COM" or "I am a Representative of"

All totally unauthorized by the domain owners themselves of course but with all this encouragement to become middlemen earning a percentage by acting as go-between they are going to be on the rise

12. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

I remember before 5 years I had same issue. I offered some money. The seller was shocked and never answered. I followed up and said I am doubling the price. No where to be seen. I was enjoying.

13. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

The invoice to be paid from marketplaces will reveal buyer seller before any money changes hands. These all just waste your time you just tell them to come to you with a buyer instead.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  14. myfavorite

myfavorite Top Contributor VIP

May be he was trying to buy it from you and sale to another person with some margin. Probably wanted to get a buyer before paying you.IMO

15. jamesall

jamesall BrandEntrance.com VIP Gold Account

I think there are laws everywhere against this.

16. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

ICANN revoke licenses for these bad practices

zero tolerance policy for shady brokers selling without permission of domain owner; ban them from ever owning domain.

Samer

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  17. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

You could have played him at own game involved a few others here with other offers that don't exist.

18. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

I think 95 percent of offers at Sedo are like this, they are lowballs, counteroffers are not responded, and sold domains are not paid. And we are punished for negotiating with cheaters.

And Sedo expects us to review their company. I tell them what is wrong: they don't listen. Only if I give a low score at Trustpilot they pretend to listen.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice