IT.COM

information I will never help another domainer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I have a guy hit me up with an unsolicited direct message asking me to buy a 3 letter domain -he did the same thing months ago with another name and I nicely said no.
He wanted 6 figures months ago and now 50k. It is a nice 3 letter but I am trying to sell Birdsnest.com and pacemakers.com right now so I’m tied up.
The guy keeps messaging me so I decide to help him out and I reach out to my big boy contacts - I try not to bother these guys unless it’s something good and out of my range.
This is on Monday - a holiday where I live. My big guy gives me a number and the seller doesn’t like it. Ok - don’t take it - goodbye. Nope - comes back with another number. I tell him my big guy won’t negotiate- he insists.
At this point I am a broker on this deal! My big guy literally tells me “ tell him to fuck off” and my big guy is in the middle of closing on a house. The buyer knows all this information and keeps pushing. He finally tells me he will take the big guys offer after hours of telling me he has had better offers. I’m shielding my big guy from all this nonsense to help the seller get a deal done - he seems desperate.
I literally tell him that the big guy is buying a house as we speak - he has to agree and then I will give you his email for escrow. I’m not giving out the big guys name or email to anyone or he will disown me.
He keeps pressing me for his address.
It’s a holiday - I’m off work - my wife is complaining because I’m ignoring her and the kids - it was the last 80 degree day in Buffalo for 7 months. The buyer is busy buying a house with his wife out of the country with a time difference.
I finally get the ok from the big boy to give him an address to start escrow. I DM the buyer the address and.......POOF! Not even a thank you. It’s been 2 days and I know Escrow closed - the last message is me giving him an email address and then silence.
I literally spent hours as a go between helping this seller - I had to keep a buffer or the big boy would have told him to kiss his ass and backed out.
I spent my day off helping someone and not even a thanks - if you read this - it’s normally 10% - you’re welcome- that was a big sale - enjoy you sale and money.
Don’t help people-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Id out the person who did this to you, put them to shame

Read the entire thread my friend... The first post is a load of trash, the sale never went through.

•••
•••
You are a bunch of idiots - read my original post. I never asked for any money nor did I want any money. People can't read.
That’s not from me - how do I know what the buyer did - photoshop? No idea
Like I said - I have never divulged who the two parties are - I keep my word
You can hate me or not respect me but I always keep my word
This thread has done nothing but cause both parties unnecessary stress with no resolution. My advice:

Let it go and be happy. Forgive and forget. Peace and love.
well said :xf.smile:

•••
TL;DR

Uglydork is angry and threatening "to never help another domainer" b/c someone didn't thank him for a deal that didn't happen.

BTW, Uglydork got a big break this year with help / advice from a professional domain broker.

•••
I always believe that there's goodness in every person. When one errs due to his shortcoming, bad judgement, impatience, or simply carelessness there are times people just don't realize it. Whether consciously or unconsciously, one is always driven by outburst of emotion and as such may have done something opprobrious. Nobody is perfect in this world. In one way or another, we all do commit mistakes. Admittedly, it's quite hard to swallow one's pride when people starts to point the dirt on your face. You can't see it but certainly others do when they look at you. It would be far more admirable and more commendable then for a person to admit his mistake. The only thing is, if one thinks he is right in spite of everything while others ponder otherwise. This is where conflict comes in and this is where I believe people should be more understanding towards the weaknesses and imperfections that a person has. Constructive criticism works best imo rather than trying to directly hurt the pride and ego of an individual. After all, when your dignity and self-esteem is being attacked the atmosphere will certainly be marked with animosity, bitterness and hostility. Why make the ambience dark when treating each and everyone with respect and civility could turn this arena into a much better place and a shinier one. We are one brotherhood, let's keep it that way.

•••
I always believe that there's goodness in every person. When one errs due to his shortcoming, bad judgement, impatience, or simply carelessness there are times people just don't realize it. Whether consciously or unconsciously, one is always driven by outburst of emotion and as such may have done something opprobrious. Nobody is perfect in this world. In one way or another, we all do commit mistakes. Admittedly, it's quite hard to swallow one's pride when people starts to point the dirt on your face. You can't see it but certainly others do when they look at you. It would be far more admirable and more commendable then for a person to admit his mistake. The only thing is, if one thinks he is right in spite of everything while others ponder otherwise. This is where conflict comes in and this is where I believe people should be more understanding towards the weaknesses and imperfections that a person has. Constructive criticism works best imo rather than trying to directly hurt the pride and ego of an individual. After all, when your dignity and self-esteem is being attacked the atmosphere will certainly be marked with animosity, bitterness and hostility. Why make the ambience dark when treating each and everyone with respect and civility could turn this arena into a much better place and a shinier one. We are one brotherhood, let's keep it that way.

The history of mankind has shown there is not goodness in every person. It's a nice thought, but it's not true.

•••

Man, 4better you sound like the patron saint of domaining. Very nice, sweet message you have in your writings.

You would definitely make a great PR guy for Ugly here who keeps pissing everyone off by putting his foot in his mouth.

But when i look at the domains in your sig in your profile i see you are taking offers on your first domain name, boldface and highlighted in purple - Gangraped.com. WTF?

Screenshot_20181017-154513.png

This first domain name in your sig does not go along with any of your beautiful writings here. Even your UserName is extremely positive - "4 better".

"respect and civility could turn this arena into a much better place and a shinier one"

If you are to be taken more seriously, in the future, i would delete that domain from your registrar account asap. Nothing respectful, civil or shiny about gangrape in any way.

Last edited:
•••
Man, 4better you sound like the patron saint of domaining. Very nice, sweet message you have in your writings.

You would definitely make a great PR guy for Ugly here who keeps pissing everyone off by putting his foot in his mouth.

But when i look at the domains in your sig in your profile i see you are taking offers on your first domain name, boldface and highlighted in purple - Gangraped.com. WTF?

Show attachment 100297

This first domain name in your sig does not go along with any of your beautiful writings here. Even your UserName is extremely positive - "4 better".

"respect and civility could turn this arena into a much better place and a shinier one"

If you are to be taken more seriously, in the future, i would delete that domain from your registrar account asap. Nothing respectful, civil or shiny about gangrape in any way.
:xf.eek: thats just wrong dude

Last edited:
•••
According to Adam Grant, author of Give and Take, there are three different types of reciprocity styles: givers, takers, and matchers.

It pretty obvious that the guy was a taker. Takers like to get more than they give. They tilt reciprocity in their own favor, putting their own interests ahead of others’ needs. Takers believe that the world is a competitive, dog-eat-dog place. Since takers develop reputations for putting others last, they rarely succeed in building strong relationships and networks. Don't hold your breath for a thank you from this guy.

I suspect you are a matcher, striving to preserve an equal balance of giving and getting. Matchers operate on the principle of fairness. You believe in tit for tat, and your relationships are governed by even exchanges of favors. If you are a matcher, you believe that what goes around, comes around. And if you're a matcher, there's nothing you hate more than seeing a taker take and get away with it.

I doubt you will ever change from being a giver or matcher. Takers tend to not be happy people, so just keep paying it forward and keep a resevoir of good will.

•••

Show attachment 100297

First off, I'm not a man but a woman :xf.smile: and I do appreciate your advice regarding this domain. It actually depends on what you're thinking. Coincidentally, I encountered and took this domain when a friend of mine had just been a victim of rape by a group of men. It was on the front news and was just too much for her to handle. I initially thought that it would be a sound idea to make a blog about this term and share the ill effects it brings to the victim, to the family and to the society as a whole. Probably a way to rally against it or a platform to voice out our sentiments to the public or perhaps a medium to vent our anger and frustration to the government for their lame action or a demand for a very much stiffer and harsher punishment. Maybe this domain can be a medium for info or educational purposes where one can share advice, ways, and solutions on how to avoid being gangraped, or provide statistics, psychology behind, socio-economic impact, etc. Nevertheless, the domain can be used the other way around. But again that would entirely depend on the individual.

If one searches for gangraped at google or youtube there are videos with hundreds of thousands or even millions of views that were broadcasted for the information of all. Nothing seems disrespectful about this.

Domain is now removed in my sig as it has been put for auction at Flippa a few days ago.

The history of mankind has shown there is not goodness in every person. It's a nice thought, but it's not true.

Probaby you're right as I've just received an advice to become a better person. :glasses:

•••
Back to topic...

Don’t help people-

I don't think it is a great conviction to let one bad experience to make a person so bitter and vengeful for the rest of his/her life.

Lessons are meant to make you a better person in each day of your life.

•••
•••
TL;DR

Uglydork is angry and threatening "to never help another domainer" b/c someone didn't thank him for a deal that didn't happen.

BTW, Uglydork got a big break this year with help / advice from a professional domain broker.
Wrong

•••

UD: I spent my day off helping someone and not even a thanks - if you read this - it’s normally 10%

UD: .. only upset that I spent an entire day on something without a thank you. It has nothing to do with money.

Obviously it was the money. Either way, a lot of public drama.

Last edited:
•••
Money isn’t the root of all evil, greed is, and greed is rampant these days.

UD: just take it as lesson learned, you can give guidance to some people and they will take your kindness for weakness and run with it. Without so much as a “Thank You”

•••
There has to be clarity in such transactions especially if dealing with strangers. If this is your first time you did such a transaction without clarifying what you will get up front, and from whom, then view it as a learning experience. We all learn the hard way sometimes, no shame in that.

If you've been stiffed like this before, then it's your fault for getting into this situation again.

This is seemingly contradictory:

I thought the sale went through, so what is the "big guy" going to have to sell, to give you something? Didn't it already sell?

Or is the "big guy" the buyer? A little hard to follow what you wrote.
"Never help another domainer" but the "big guy" is helping you? Did I understand that correctly? :-D

Don’t help people-

I agree - I should have told him after a couple of hours I need to get paid for this
The big guy is going to give me some back end after he sells it someday. He feels bad

That's confusing.

Last edited:
•••
UglyDork is all over the place with this one including - as you quoted above - saying that “I should have told him after a couple hours I need to get paid for this” and yet, in later posts, claiming that he never wanted any money.

This is just one of those threads where the early posts establish what was really going on and any later posts amount to mostly back pedaling.

•••
How I've missed Namepros.

My first day back on here for a while and already so much to catch up on.

Last edited:
•••
If you've never delt with them in the past with a business transaction trust needs to be built. I would have asked the seller for a monetary retainer to move forward. If things couldn't be negotiated then refund them. If deal was made charge a finders fee in this case keeping rhe retainer, building good relationship s is good. No need to ask for funds pre sale, future sales can be brokered built on past trust with no money down and commissioned at close.

•••
UglyDork is all over the place with this one including - as you quoted above - saying that “I should have told him after a couple hours I need to get paid for this” and yet, in later posts, claiming that he never wanted any money.

This is just one of those threads where the early posts establish what was really going on and any later posts amount to mostly back pedaling.

If you read that properly or without context you can construe and twist it any way you wish.
The intent was - I had spent so much more time than I anticipated on the "go between" - I should have asked for money. I didn't realize the seller was going to ping me all day every hour trying to get me to ping the buyer. It was too much contact for someone not making money on the deal.

Next time you could ask me instead of insinuating and being wrong.

•••
I believe that uglydork has now been sufficiently punished for his good deed.

•••
Basic business: make sure paperwork on a deal is properly taken care off. You can have a 'big boy' and a 'guy', but if you do not secure your position you have nothing to complain if shit hits the fan. Sharks hunt and scavenge, and any lawyer will agree nothing beats a signature. I agree a thank you would have been the very least, but you too know that less and less people care about common decency.

•••
•••
Looks like the basis to the start of this thread rfq.com sold on NameJet yesterday for $37K.

Would be interesting to know the spread between almost sale, and final sale.

The end

Last edited:
•••
Looks like the basis to the start of this thread rfq.com sold on NameJet yesterday for $37K.

Would be interesting to know the spread between almost sale, and final sale.

The end

Thanks for posting that, when I saw it sell I was like wait I remember something about RFQ.com.

•••
Back