NameSilo

information I will never help another domainer

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

uglydork

Top Member
Impact
1,694
So I have a guy hit me up with an unsolicited direct message asking me to buy a 3 letter domain -he did the same thing months ago with another name and I nicely said no.
He wanted 6 figures months ago and now 50k. It is a nice 3 letter but I am trying to sell Birdsnest.com and pacemakers.com right now so I’m tied up.
The guy keeps messaging me so I decide to help him out and I reach out to my big boy contacts - I try not to bother these guys unless it’s something good and out of my range.
This is on Monday - a holiday where I live. My big guy gives me a number and the seller doesn’t like it. Ok - don’t take it - goodbye. Nope - comes back with another number. I tell him my big guy won’t negotiate- he insists.
At this point I am a broker on this deal! My big guy literally tells me “ tell him to fuck off” and my big guy is in the middle of closing on a house. The buyer knows all this information and keeps pushing. He finally tells me he will take the big guys offer after hours of telling me he has had better offers. I’m shielding my big guy from all this nonsense to help the seller get a deal done - he seems desperate.
I literally tell him that the big guy is buying a house as we speak - he has to agree and then I will give you his email for escrow. I’m not giving out the big guys name or email to anyone or he will disown me.
He keeps pressing me for his address.
It’s a holiday - I’m off work - my wife is complaining because I’m ignoring her and the kids - it was the last 80 degree day in Buffalo for 7 months. The buyer is busy buying a house with his wife out of the country with a time difference.
I finally get the ok from the big boy to give him an address to start escrow. I DM the buyer the address and.......POOF! Not even a thank you. It’s been 2 days and I know Escrow closed - the last message is me giving him an email address and then silence.
I literally spent hours as a go between helping this seller - I had to keep a buffer or the big boy would have told him to kiss his ass and backed out.
I spent my day off helping someone and not even a thanks - if you read this - it’s normally 10% - you’re welcome- that was a big sale - enjoy you sale and money.
Don’t help people-
 
44
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Enough has been said now - You guys should respect both seller/buyer if they wan't to air the details of the deal let them

Intermediaries should never disclose a private transaction in a open forum without good reason. Regardless of who it is, enough has been said on this


Yes Dad? Who are you to tell us what to do?
Nobody has leaked anything - it’s all assumptions.
The seller and I are talking now - it’s all good. I reacted to quickly and he should have contacted me - we both had issues
Is that ok with you Sir? SMH
 
3
•••
I have not disclosed anything. If I did, the "buyer" would be the one who would be exposed for being an egotistical and abusive person who seems to think he is invincible.

I'm not going to expose any details I don't want to harm another human being no matter how much of a douche they are.

Also... I am not the one who created this thread. I have the right to defend myself and leak the emails between me and buyer to show the true story but I will leave it here for now.

Defend yourself against what? What are you even talking about - This whole thing comes across way to emotional and needy, bordering on desperate

Watch the facts of life - You may learn something
 
0
•••
I should have let this go for a few more days - my frustration got the better of me.

Happens all of us. don't sweat it. I like what you do& post.
 
2
•••
Defend yourself against what? What are you even talking about - This whole thing comes across way to emotional and needy, bordering on desperate

Watch the facts of life - You may learn something

Do you have anything useful to say? 2 useless comments so far
 
3
•••
Do you have anything useful to say? 2 useless comments so far

Yes. You will never make it.

History is a great teacher, Onassis has to take a another man in his mouth for his freedom. And here's two Men (apparently), 1 crying about not receiving a thank you and 1 crying about how he was spoken too.

There were many ways to go on the offensive with it, but you choose the path of weakness which was to cry about it

Do a bigger deal?
Hijack one of his deals?
Outsell him?
Outwork him?
Outsmart him?

My last word on the matter - Good luck
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Yes. You will never make it.

History is a great teacher, Onassis has to take a another man in his mouth for his freedom. And here's two Men (apparently) , 1 crying about not receiving a thank you and 1 crying about how he was spoken too.

There were many ways to go on the offensive with it, but you choose the path of weakness which was to cry about it

Do a bigger deal?
Hijack one of his deals?
Outsell him?
Outwork him?
Outsmart him?

My last word on the matter - Good luck


3rd useless comment. Luckily it is your last.
 
3
•••
I have not disclosed anything. If I did, the "buyer" would be the one who would be exposed for being an egotistical and abusive person who seems to think he is invincible.

I'm not going to expose any details I don't want to harm another human being no matter how much of a douche they are.

Also... I am not the one who created this thread. I have the right to defend myself and leak the emails between me and buyer to show the true story but I will leave it here for now.

I won't be doing business ever again with that buyer or their company.

Welcome to domaining. Plenty of ego to go around it seems. I am sure you would not be surprised to know you are not first to have a sale fall through or be chewed out by another domainer or any buyer. I would chose what I say publicly carefully when you are dealing with known hotheads. This business has a long memory.

You are of course free to say what you like but it could start a war. Just learn from it and move on.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Yes. You will never make it.

History is a great teacher, Onassis has to take a another man in his mouth for his freedom. And here's two Men (apparently), 1 crying about not receiving a thank you and 1 crying about how he was spoken too.

There were many ways to go on the offensive with it, but you choose the path of weakness which was to cry about it

Do a bigger deal?
Hijack one of his deals?
Outsell him?
Outwork him?
Outsmart him?

My last word on the matter - Good luck
You’re an idiot
 
3
•••
if they were your names, I could see one putting in the work, as the rev helps support the fam

but putting your family aside, on a rare 80 degree day....
for somebody else,
who prolly ain't offering nothing upfront for this sacrifice...
sucks for the family

at least that's what they told me, thru mental telepathy-

:)

imo...
​
 
1
•••
Just an FYI - I am canceling my Namepros account for now - I can’t deal with backstabbing and childish assholes on this site
It’s more bad than good at this point - I don’t really get anything out of it anymore
 
0
•••
3
•••
Just an FYI - I am canceling my Namepros account for now - I can’t deal with backstabbing and childish assholes on this site
It’s more bad than good at this point - I don’t really get anything out of it anymore

I'm 98% sure you're a nice guy who needs to vent, but you invite drama and seem to like it.
 
7
•••
Or use common sense and be selective instead of greedy.
How was this greedy? Did you bother reading any of this?
Your opinion of me means 0%
 
0
•••
How was this greedy? Did you bother reading any of this?
Your opinion of me means 0%

I hope the buyer gets a conscience but from your description, I doubt it.
 
1
•••
Just an FYI - I am canceling my Namepros account for now - I can’t deal with backstabbing and childish assholes on this site
It’s more bad than good at this point - I don’t really get anything out of it anymore

That would be unfortunate and you would lose access to a great asset.

The thing about a-holes... everyone has one.

I am ok being one once in a while, it's unfortunate that some people seem to live by it and focus on being one on a daily basis.
 
1
•••
I rarely comment on posts about domains or related issues. I just do it when the topic makes me itchy and I really want to jump in with a few personal opinions.

In my opinion, @uglydork is not a good person. He works basing on personal benefits, totally without emotions or humanity to help fellows, or colleagues - a closer speaking way.
If he works basing on personal benifits and wants to be a broker, so before the deal with that guy, just clarify the rule of business, the % commission if the deal can be closed successfully. I guess he didn't deal with the seller about this issue.

Or if ugly wants to help the seller with no benefical intenses, so he doesn't need to bring it up here. It just proves your degradation. Let just email the seller, then solve the private issues between both. You help him. There will be another helping you. Life always exists law of cause and effect.

On the seller's side, he's too blameworthy. It would've right if he came back with a thank or something thankful to ugly to make him comfortable and cheerful. And he will be willing to help other colleagues in this industry. As what I guess, this deal was not successful so he was so sad and bored that didn't want to say anything to ugly or maybe he was too busy to email ugly. Ugly should give him time, don't be hasty.
 
3
•••
I doubt anybody really cares that you weren't thanked by some random person.
 
0
•••
I rarely comment on posts about domains or related issues. I just do it when the topic makes me itchy and I really want to jump in with a few personal opinions.

In my opinion, @uglydork is not a good person. He works basing on personal benefits, totally without emotions or humanity to help fellows, or colleagues - a closer speaking way.
If he works basing on personal benifits and wants to be a broker, so before the deal with that guy, just clarify the rule of business, the % commission if the deal can be closed successfully. I guess he didn't deal with the seller about this issue.

Or if ugly wants to help the seller with no benefical intenses, so he doesn't need to bring it up here. It just proves your degradation. Let just email the seller, then solve the private issues between both. You help him. There will be another helping you. Life always exists law of cause and effect.

On the seller's side, he's too blameworthy. It would've right if he came back with a thank or something thankful to ugly to make him comfortable and cheerful. And he will be willing to help other colleagues in this industry. As what I guess, this deal was not successful so he was so sad and bored that didn't want to say anything to ugly or maybe he was too busy to email ugly. Ugly should give him time, don't be hasty.

From what the seller stated a few posts up it looks as if the deal got past the escrow funding, and auth code stage, but in the inspection period the buyer cancelled the deal, so no funds changed hands. Maybe best to leave this story for the parties at the center of to just move on, lessons learned.
 
1
•••
Let's move on. I am considering writing a post about how the buyer was abusive and made threats over email so everybody has both sides of the story and is well informed of who this buyer and their company is. I will think about it as it is always best to make decisions when you have had a few days to think.

For now I will stop monitoring this thread. This thread adds no value to anybody involved or the community. I don't know why it was created.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I'm late to the thread but read it entirely. Actually its pretty funny.

@uglydork Don't change who you are. Some people don't help others just because they don't help others. If you are a helper, stay that way. It's really hard to change who we are like that.

PS. This community is full of independent thinkers and all different types and attitudes. To top it off, no voices, just typed words. When we post something we should expect replies from one end to the other. Take replies in stride.

PSS. You can always get seller okay to add a few bucks on top of the price you agree seller that will accept.
 
4
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back