NameSilo

I will never help another domainer

Labeled as information in General Domain Discussion started by uglydork, Oct 10, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Brandingtheweb.com

Brandingtheweb.com 123Capital.com VIP

I like you ugly dork but it's partly your fault because instead of jumping to conclusions you should have sent an email and asked how it went. I know sometimes we deal with a lot of BS from people but we shouldn't expect the worst from everybody. We should always give the benefit of the doubt because not everyone is bad. In this case the deal didn't go through but in others there can be so many other reasons. Many People in this industry have a crazy life and so much going on.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. uglydork

uglydork Active Member VIP

I should have let this go for a few more days - my frustration got the better of me. I am picturing the buyer sitting on a mountain of cash laughing at me. That isnt what happened and I am sorry. I know better for next time. I would do it all over again, I like helping people. This was NEVER about money - I dont care about the money. It was the perceived notion of gratitude for a day of work on my part dealing with 2 people and a wife complaining.

3. Brandingtheweb.com

You could have waited ten years and not gotten a response. Again since you're helping him you would not have been intrusive at all by asking him how everything went. It's called Following Up.

4. uglydork

You are wrong. Its not my responsibility to pull a thank you from someone.
    It is a common courtesy to reach out and thank someone.
    I'm not talking about this case, I am talking about life in general. If someone does you a favor, you thank them right away.
    I should not have to beg someone to thank me for anything. I have had very wealthy domainers do me favors and I thank them and send a few bucks - even for advice. That's how life works - thats how you build relationships. Conversely, there are people on here I wouldn't help for any amount of money because of how they talk to me - I have a list. That also hurts in the long run.
    If someone does you a favor you reach out and thank them, I shouldn't have to explain this.
    Im not going back and forth with you, Im just stating a fact of how to be civil in life.

5. Brandingtheweb.com

I can see your point considering you thought everything was done and he didn't need any more help from you.

6. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Wait a second is this domain the one you are selling on namepros rfq.com for what was last week $50k, then sold posted on Monday.

What a wild ride.

Timeline seems to support this.

What reason did the buyer use to back out, or done during inspection period? Did the buyer have a buyer waiting who maybe backed out ?

Sorry to hear deal fell thru, nobody likes to see that happen after agreement has been reached on both sides, and auth code provided. Hopefully another buyer comes thru.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  7. Crypto King

Crypto King RECRUITABLE.COM - send me a message for more info. Gold Account

If you could also update the original post.

Thanks mate, atleast you have heard both sides of the story. This whole story is missing a huge chunk, not mention how someone was abused and threatened to be destroyed over email.

8. Grilled

Grilled Be the change you want to see in the world VIP

:xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

9. MSN-Domains

MSN-Domains Established Member

Enough has been said now - You guys should respect both seller/buyer if they wan't to air the details of the deal let them

Intermediaries should never disclose a private transaction in a open forum without good reason. Regardless of who it is, enough has been said on this

10. Crypto King

I have not disclosed anything. If I did, the "buyer" would be the one who would be exposed for being an egotistical and abusive person who seems to think he is invincible.

I'm not going to expose any details I don't want to harm another human being no matter how much of a douche they are.

Also... I am not the one who created this thread. I have the right to defend myself and leak the emails between me and buyer to show the true story but I will leave it here for now.

I won't be doing business ever again with that buyer or their company.

11. uglydork

Yes Dad? Who are you to tell us what to do?
    Nobody has leaked anything - it’s all assumptions.
    The seller and I are talking now - it’s all good. I reacted to quickly and he should have contacted me - we both had issues
    Is that ok with you Sir? SMH

12. MSN-Domains

Defend yourself against what? What are you even talking about - This whole thing comes across way to emotional and needy, bordering on desperate

Watch the facts of life - You may learn something

13. FlipperC

FlipperC Established Member

Happens all of us. don't sweat it. I like what you do& post.

14. Crypto King

Do you have anything useful to say? 2 useless comments so far

15. MSN-Domains

Yes. You will never make it.

History is a great teacher, Onassis has to take a another man in his mouth for his freedom. And here's two Men (apparently), 1 crying about not receiving a thank you and 1 crying about how he was spoken too.

There were many ways to go on the offensive with it, but you choose the path of weakness which was to cry about it

Do a bigger deal?
    Hijack one of his deals?
    Outsell him?
    Outwork him?
    Outsmart him?

My last word on the matter - Good luck

16. Crypto King

3rd useless comment. Luckily it is your last.

17. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

Welcome to domaining. Plenty of ego to go around it seems. I am sure you would not be surprised to know you are not first to have a sale fall through or be chewed out by another domainer or any buyer. I would chose what I say publicly carefully when you are dealing with known hotheads. This business has a long memory.

You are of course free to say what you like but it could start a war. Just learn from it and move on.

18. uglydork

You’re an idiot

19. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

if they were your names, I could see one putting in the work, as the rev helps support the fam

but putting your family aside, on a rare 80 degree day....
    for somebody else,
    who prolly ain't offering nothing upfront for this sacrifice...
    sucks for the family

at least that's what they told me, thru mental telepathy-

:)

imo...

20. uglydork

Just an FYI - I am canceling my Namepros account for now - I can’t deal with backstabbing and childish assholes on this site
    It’s more bad than good at this point - I don’t really get anything out of it anymore

21. mr-x

mr-x Acme Domains Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Or use common sense and be selective instead of greedy.

22. mr-x

I'm 98% sure you're a nice guy who needs to vent, but you invite drama and seem to like it.

23. uglydork

How was this greedy? Did you bother reading any of this?
    Your opinion of me means 0%

24. mr-x

I hope the buyer gets a conscience but from your description, I doubt it.

25. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2018 VIP

That would be unfortunate and you would lose access to a great asset.

The thing about a-holes... everyone has one.

I am ok being one once in a while, it's unfortunate that some people seem to live by it and focus on being one on a daily basis.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: