information I will never help another domainer

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

uglydork

Top Member
Impact
1,694
So I have a guy hit me up with an unsolicited direct message asking me to buy a 3 letter domain -he did the same thing months ago with another name and I nicely said no.
He wanted 6 figures months ago and now 50k. It is a nice 3 letter but I am trying to sell Birdsnest.com and pacemakers.com right now so I’m tied up.
The guy keeps messaging me so I decide to help him out and I reach out to my big boy contacts - I try not to bother these guys unless it’s something good and out of my range.
This is on Monday - a holiday where I live. My big guy gives me a number and the seller doesn’t like it. Ok - don’t take it - goodbye. Nope - comes back with another number. I tell him my big guy won’t negotiate- he insists.
At this point I am a broker on this deal! My big guy literally tells me “ tell him to fuck off” and my big guy is in the middle of closing on a house. The buyer knows all this information and keeps pushing. He finally tells me he will take the big guys offer after hours of telling me he has had better offers. I’m shielding my big guy from all this nonsense to help the seller get a deal done - he seems desperate.
I literally tell him that the big guy is buying a house as we speak - he has to agree and then I will give you his email for escrow. I’m not giving out the big guys name or email to anyone or he will disown me.
He keeps pressing me for his address.
It’s a holiday - I’m off work - my wife is complaining because I’m ignoring her and the kids - it was the last 80 degree day in Buffalo for 7 months. The buyer is busy buying a house with his wife out of the country with a time difference.
I finally get the ok from the big boy to give him an address to start escrow. I DM the buyer the address and.......POOF! Not even a thank you. It’s been 2 days and I know Escrow closed - the last message is me giving him an email address and then silence.
I literally spent hours as a go between helping this seller - I had to keep a buffer or the big boy would have told him to kiss his ass and backed out.
I spent my day off helping someone and not even a thanks - if you read this - it’s normally 10% - you’re welcome- that was a big sale - enjoy you sale and money.
Don’t help people-
 
44
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You should at least send the seller an email asking if everything went fine with the sale. And any token of his appreciation would be appreciated.
At least that way there is closure regardless of his answer to you.
 
3
•••
Here we go - as always
Post at your own risk in this place
I think I need to clarify.

First off, I apologize. I had no right to flame you on a public forum. It was out of character for me and unprofessional.

I guess my frustration levels with domaining in general just got the better of me.

I should have known better.

Please accept my apology.

Pierre
 
18
•••
I think I need to clarify.

First off, I apologize. I had no right to flame you on a public forum. It was out of character for me and unprofessional.

I guess my frustration levels with domaining in general just got the better of me.

I should have known better.

Please accept my apology.

Pierre

That took a lot of guts to say on a public forum, you just earned my respect (y)

We need to help each other and remember we are all in in the same boat.

Good show @Pierre Barnard
 
11
•••
I think I need to clarify.

First off, I apologize. I had no right to flame you on a public forum. It was out of character for me and unprofessional.

I guess my frustration levels with domaining in general just got the better of me.

I should have known better.

Please accept my apology.

Pierre
DORK WASNT NICE ENOUGH TO RESPOND BACK:xf.smile:
 
1
•••
It literally started out as a favor. Im not claiming to be a big insider who knows everyone - dont read into my post. I am only upset that I spent an entire day on something without a thank you. It has nothing to do with money.


let me thank you for helping out a fellow domainer.

he may be busy buying a nice gadget and has completely forgotten to press the send button
in his long an winding thank you email.

thank you ugly dork

nobody knows the trouble more than me
when the wife is calling for attention
and you can't cope as you are helping a fellow domainer

thank you
thank you

Frank
 
2
•••
To the best of my knowledge. Even without any agreement with the seller on your cut after the deal is sealed, he ought to thank you at least.
He has closed any future deal between you two.
 
0
•••
This post is not accurate please update it with correct details. The deal didn't go through, the buyer pulled out at the last minute even after payment and auth code was sent. Escrow sent his money back too even though auth code was provided.

The deal never happened and no money was made - You can check whois. Either way a thank you should have been said to you for helping. I think the seller was a bit upset with the dealing falling through and he never got back to say thanks. I know the seller so this is fact. He has said he will be sending you a thank you message. He isn't a dick after all :)
 
Last edited:
3
•••
@uglydork P.s. the Escrow was cancelled yesterday only. You should give people a chance to respond before posting.
 
1
•••
The seller reached out to me after seeing this and we talked it out-
Just wanted to update
 
4
•••
I think I need to clarify.

First off, I apologize. I had no right to flame you on a public forum. It was out of character for me and unprofessional.

I guess my frustration levels with domaining in general just got the better of me.

I should have known better.

Please accept my apology.

Pierre
Pierre,
I was surprised, we always seemed to have a good relationship - absolutely accepted. We all get frustrated. I should have never started this post when I was frustrated, I should have waited a few more days.
I didnt respond earlier because I was sleeping! I am up at 4:30 am with the family - we go to bed early and up early for work. :)
 
2
•••
The seller reached out to me after seeing this and we talked it out-
Just wanted to update
I like you ugly dork but it's partly your fault because instead of jumping to conclusions you should have sent an email and asked how it went. I know sometimes we deal with a lot of BS from people but we shouldn't expect the worst from everybody. We should always give the benefit of the doubt because not everyone is bad. In this case the deal didn't go through but in others there can be so many other reasons. Many People in this industry have a crazy life and so much going on.
 
4
•••
I should have let this go for a few more days - my frustration got the better of me. I am picturing the buyer sitting on a mountain of cash laughing at me. That isnt what happened and I am sorry. I know better for next time. I would do it all over again, I like helping people. This was NEVER about money - I dont care about the money. It was the perceived notion of gratitude for a day of work on my part dealing with 2 people and a wife complaining.
 
6
•••
I should have let this go for a few more days - my frustration got the better of me. I am picturing the buyer sitting on a mountain of cash laughing at me. That isnt what happened and I am sorry. I know better for next time. I would do it all over again, I like helping people. This was NEVER about money - I dont care about the money. It was the perceived notion of gratitude for a day of work on my part dealing with 2 people and a wife complaining.
You could have waited ten years and not gotten a response. Again since you're helping him you would not have been intrusive at all by asking him how everything went. It's called Following Up.
 
2
•••
You could have waited ten years and not gotten a response. Again since you're helping him you would not have been intrusive at all by asking him how everything went. It's called Following Up.

You are wrong. Its not my responsibility to pull a thank you from someone.
It is a common courtesy to reach out and thank someone.
I'm not talking about this case, I am talking about life in general. If someone does you a favor, you thank them right away.
I should not have to beg someone to thank me for anything. I have had very wealthy domainers do me favors and I thank them and send a few bucks - even for advice. That's how life works - thats how you build relationships. Conversely, there are people on here I wouldn't help for any amount of money because of how they talk to me - I have a list. That also hurts in the long run.
If someone does you a favor you reach out and thank them, I shouldn't have to explain this.
Im not going back and forth with you, Im just stating a fact of how to be civil in life.
 
1
•••
You are wrong. Its not my responsibility to pull a thank you from someone.
It is a common courtesy to reach out and thank someone.
I'm not talking about this case, I am talking about life in general. If someone does you a favor, you thank them right away.
I should not have to beg someone to thank me for anything. I have had very wealthy domainers do me favors and I thank them and send a few bucks - even for advice. That's how life works - thats how you build relationships. Conversely, there are people on here I wouldn't help for any amount of money because of how they talk to me - I have a list. That also hurts in the long run.
If someone does you a favor you reach out and thank them, I shouldn't have to explain this.
Im not going back and forth with you, Im just stating a fact of how to be civil in life.
I can see your point considering you thought everything was done and he didn't need any more help from you.
 
1
•••
This post is not accurate please update it with correct details. The deal didn't go through, the buyer pulled out at the last minute even after payment and auth code was sent. Escrow sent his money back too even though auth code was provided.

The deal never happened and no money was made - You can check whois. Either way a thank you should have been said to you for helping. I think the seller was a bit upset with the dealing falling through and he never got back to say thanks. I know the seller so this is fact. He has said he will be sending you a thank you message. He isn't a dick after all :)
Wait a second is this domain the one you are selling on namepros rfq.com for what was last week $50k, then sold posted on Monday.

What a wild ride.

Timeline seems to support this.

What reason did the buyer use to back out, or done during inspection period? Did the buyer have a buyer waiting who maybe backed out ?

Sorry to hear deal fell thru, nobody likes to see that happen after agreement has been reached on both sides, and auth code provided. Hopefully another buyer comes thru.
 
Last edited:
5
•••
The seller reached out to me after seeing this and we talked it out-
Just wanted to update

If you could also update the original post.
Wait a second is this domain the one you are selling on namepros rfq.com for what was last week $50k, then sold posted on Monday.

What a wild ride.

Timeline seems to support this.

What reason did the buyer use to back out, or done during inspection period? Did the buyer have a buyer waiting who maybe backed out ?

Sorry to hear deal fell thru, nobody likes to see that happen after agreement has been reached on both sides, and auth code provided. Hopefully another buyer comes thru.


Thanks mate, atleast you have heard both sides of the story. This whole story is missing a huge chunk, not mention how someone was abused and threatened to be destroyed over email.
 
4
•••
0
•••
Enough has been said now - You guys should respect both seller/buyer if they wan't to air the details of the deal let them

Intermediaries should never disclose a private transaction in a open forum without good reason. Regardless of who it is, enough has been said on this

Wait a second is this domain the one you are selling on namepros rfq.com for what was last week $50k, then sold posted on Monday.

What a wild ride.

Timeline seems to support this.

What reason did the buyer use to back out, or done during inspection period? Did the buyer have a buyer waiting who maybe backed out ?

Sorry to hear deal fell thru, nobody likes to see that happen after agreement has been reached on both sides, and auth code provided. Hopefully another buyer comes thru.

If you could also update the original post.


Thanks mate, atleast you have heard both sides of the story. This whole story is missing a huge chunk, not mention how someone was abused and threatened to be destroyed over email.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Enough has been said now - You guys should respect both seller/buyer if they wan't to air the details of the deal let them

Intermediaries should never disclose a private transaction in a open forum without good reason. Regardless of who it is, enough has been said on this

I have not disclosed anything. If I did, the "buyer" would be the one who would be exposed for being an egotistical and abusive person who seems to think he is invincible.

I'm not going to expose any details I don't want to harm another human being no matter how much of a douche they are.

Also... I am not the one who created this thread. I have the right to defend myself and leak the emails between me and buyer to show the true story but I will leave it here for now.

I won't be doing business ever again with that buyer or their company.
 
Last edited:
6
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back