Dynadot

discuss How some people are registering domains at below the regfee?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainsg

Established Member
Impact
i have seen some people are registering domains below the regfee...i even saw before that some of them are selling a big list of 5l.com domains and other at 4 or 5 dollars or even less (they are not selling them at loss they make profit actually) which means they can register domains below the reg fee even below any reseller programs.

any idea how they do this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
maybe gd..
but that's no big musterious thing really
its' real simple to know if this is legal or not
just call the registrar and ask.
if registrar doen't know what your talking about when you talk reseller program to discont regfees.. then its illegal.
simple as 123

•••
you do good to ask
as long as you understand that no one knows more about how someone does something than the person who is actually doing it.

like I said, ask them what registrar. this is a minimum you should know and will know anyway I thnk... I mean every domain needs a registrar... then call that registrar and ask if they have reseller program.. if they say no.. don't do it.
believe it or not i did that already
i contacted a company that some one was registering from it... and i asked them about their reseller programs but the prices were too far higher than the prices of that person..i even told them about the person and asked how he is getting domains for that cheap and if he uses fake or illegal methods or not... they declined to speak and they said it's a a private information and they cant speak about it.

Last edited:
•••
Does it matter that much? Fasthosts has been offering unlimited .com for around $2 for the last month. Anyone who needs cheap domains can get plenty.

Last edited:
•••
.. they declined to speak and they said it's a a private information and they cant speak about it.
Can be under investigation..

Maybe one of "owners" is buying/selling

•••
You pay outright cheap for .com you get trash back.

•••
Can be under investigation..

Maybe one of "owners" is buying/selling

that's amazing
anyway after along speak with this company i decided to not register or buy any thing from there

•••
As already mentioned, there have been some suspicious offers floating around with cheap regs. If it was mentioned on NP, it was quickly removed because mostly it turned out it was a scam or it was highly suspicious.

I am sure there are secret deals that most of us normal domainers will never get. Also, I have contracts for wholesale accounts I had to sign Confidentiality Agreements for, so I'm sure that would apply in this situation also.

The best we can do is take advantage of the promos when they are offered, use coupons if there's no promo and be happy with wholesale the rest of the time.
https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-coupons-and-offers.358/

•••
So there won't be any more promos from Dotster etc?

•••
•••
Has anyone been able to do an auth code out with fasthosts?

•••
•••
i think this is reseller price.
but i have see at namepros thread .com for reseller is $3 or less but i forget where is that thread.

Last edited:
•••
i think this is reseller price.
but i have see at namepros thread .com for reseller is $3 or less but i forget where is that thread.
i checked in most companies about their reseller programs and the best price i got is 8$ even more and that's if i am going to regiister more than 500 domains...not sure where you can find a reseller for 3$?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back