IT.COM

Fasthosts $1 Special for .com Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Just discovered that new .com registrations at FastHosts are around a dollar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
heard bout them, anyone know limits and if you can push to another account easily?...

•••
•••
it is in british pound ! ? right ?

•••
Did anyone get charged a foreign transaction fee for using a credit card? That could make the price go up a bit.

•••
heard bout them, anyone know limits and if you can push to another account easily?...
No bag limit, so far...
No idea how long this promo will last...
No problem pushing to another account.

•••
Is there any way with buying a domain with paypal without entering an agreement?.... my credit card recently expired and the new one paypal wont accept... (didnt check with them yet why not)... but until then, i wont be able to enter paypal billing agreements...

•••
Thanks for the heads up @Silentptnr

Ive tried now for the second time to create an account with them, they were supposed to phone me. The first time I tried they never called... still waiting for the phone call now as well for the second time... lol. I don't understand how they are able to screw up such a simple process, it's not rocket science. If they want to insist on phoning all their new account sign ups then at the very least they should have the ability/resources to do so... lol, oh well let see if they get it right this time....it's been 30mins only (they said I should get a call within an hour) :)

•••
I tried to create an account tonight to accept a push from an NP member here and I was literally unable to sign up. They don't have an option to create a new account anywhere on the home page. The only way I could start to create an account was by pretending to need to transfer in a domain?? So I start that process until it requires my financial info to continue. So then I click on "live chat" in order to create an account to just receive a push, not a transfer requiring payment, and wait 25 minutes. 10 minutes of which I was next in line for assistance, eagerly staring at the screen not wanting to miss it, then it finally said no one was available.

Ridiculous. Not sure how they even exist.

•••
I tried to create an account tonight to accept a push from an NP member here and I was literally unable to sign up. They don't have an option to create a new account anywhere on the home page. The only way I could start to create an account was by pretending to need to transfer in a domain?? So I start that process until it requires my financial info to continue. So then I click on "live chat" in order to create an account to just receive a push, not a transfer requiring payment, and wait 25 minutes. 10 minutes of which I was next in line for assistance, eagerly staring at the screen not wanting to miss it, then it finally said no one was available.

Ridiculous. Not sure how they even exist.

hi there
they have a very good service when you use Facebook message
i also had some issues because my phone is down
but Craig helped me be verification of address and passport

go for it
cheap and ggod

https://www.facebook.com/fasthostsinternet

•••
Yes I have heard they are good. But I'm not going to sing up for facebook to sign up for fasthosts...

•••
Yes I have heard they are good. But I'm not going to sing up for facebook to sign up for fasthosts...

All it takes is a domain purchase to open an account.

Not sure if you are willing to but it's only £1 for .com

I have lots of domains there. Once you have an account its smooth sailing.

For the ability to reg unlimited .com's for £1 each I would say it is worth the initial £1 payment.

•••
Sure sounds like a good registrar once you actually have an account.

•••
Anyone try transferring out of there yet? Did you get the auth code without issue?

•••
Anyone try transferring out of there yet? Did you get the auth code without issue?

Apparently you can't transfer names out... only push and transfer in.:banghead:

•••
•••
Apparently you can't transfer names out... only push and transfer in.:banghead:

Another member in the other thread confirmed he's transfered out multiple times with no problems.

How to transfer domains out.

https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/app/an...ing-international-domains-away-from-fasthosts

The member said in the other thread:

"If another person initiates the transfer process, it's very simple. The auth code is always available via the 'transfer to another provider' section within the control panel. No additional fees or conditions as far as I am aware as I have completed this process numerous times."

The other thread where member confirmed transfer out is a simple process can be found here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/fasthosts-promotion-of-1-com.967873/page-2#post-5866418

Last edited:
•••
All I see is -

£1 .co.uk domains
£1.20 .co.uk domains

Where does it say dot coms are on sale?

•••
•••
Are transfers included also or just new regs

•••
Are transfers included also or just new regs

If you need support pls click on the FB button
Craig can help you with all your ❓

Good support :xf.wink:

•••
Are transfers included also or just new regs?

Is there a limit on how many?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back