Domain Empire

discuss How some people are registering domains at below the regfee?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainsg

Established Member
Impact
i have seen some people are registering domains below the regfee...i even saw before that some of them are selling a big list of 5l.com domains and other at 4 or 5 dollars or even less (they are not selling them at loss they make profit actually) which means they can register domains below the reg fee even below any reseller programs.

any idea how they do this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you mean promo codes / coupons?
They are usually around 0.99$ - 1.99$ for the first year.

So if they buy when for example, Dotster giving out promos for 1.99$/.COM and then sell it for 5$ they have done a profit.

Last edited:
•••
Do you mean promo codes / coupons?
They are usually around 0.99$ - 1.99$ for the first year.
no... not promo codes
promo codes are for the first time then they are died.
i mean these people i am talking about are getting domains at below reg fee every time not only the first time.

•••
no... not promo codes
promo codes are for the first time then they are died.
i mean these people i am talking about are getting domains at below reg fee every time not only the first time.

Died? What do you mean?

You can buy 100 .COM domains when they have their promos. Just gather a list of domains and wait until they give away cheaper prices..

•••
I won't speak for all promos/companies.. cause I don't know all deals out there.. bulk resellers etc.. but I know few people who tried to offer this reg service on namepros before (I think it was godaddy) had their accounts shutdown within 48 hours of posting offer... on namepros.. but I imagine banned for life from GD too.. translation: don't do it.

follow threads, discount promos etc.. there are enough around to save you good money longterm

and remember the ancient rule.. if too good to be true.. it's false. ;)

ciao

Last edited:
•••
Died? What do you mean?

You can buy 100 .COM domains when they have their promos. Just gather a list of domains and wait until they give away cheaper prices..

are you sure??
where you can find a promo code that will work for 100 domains??
and these people dont actually wait for the promo season they can reg at any time..got it?

Last edited:
•••
I won't speak for all promos/companies.. cause I don't know all deals out there.. bulk resellers etc.. but I know few people who tried to offer this reg service on namepros before (I think it was godaddy) had their accounts shutdown within 48 hours of posting offer... on namepros.. but I imagine banned for life from GD too.. translation: don't do it.

follow threads, discount promos etc.. there are enough around to save you good money longterm

and remember the ancient rule.. if too good to be true.. it's false. ;)

ciao

yes i see
i also noticed that befor
but the problem is that these people i am talking about are reging domains from other companies not godaddy and the domains are not banned they work actually all the time.

•••
Please post an example, even with changed/obfuscated names.

•••
•••
At any time, Dotster & Netfirm have a promotion to buy .com for $2 each..

•••
At any time, Dotster & Netfirm have a promotion to buy .com for $2 each..
what??
this is for the first order only and then you have to pay the regular price
are you sure these promotions work for every time?

•••
what??
I've bought more than one domain at that promotion. So it's not just for first order...
You can buy as much as you can as long they still got the quota...

•••
I've bought more than one domain at that promotion. So it's not just for first order...
You can buy as much as you can as long they still got the quota...
you said in your last post (at any time) and here you say (as long they still got the quota)

i know some companies make seasonal promo that ending so fast... and i already said that these people are not waiting for these seasons they can do it any time.
there were a promo codes with domain.com that you can reg .com for 2$ but it ended in 3 days that is not what i meant here.

•••
what??

the promo worked everytime. it had nothing to do with new members or first orders. np members regged probably tens and tens of thousanbds of domains on those promos.

there were ~30 of them in 2015/2016... now no more for 3-4 months. unlikely to return.
I'd watch their threads anyway.

•••
you said in your last post (at any time) and here you say (as long they still got the quota)
i know some companies make seasonal promo that ending so fast... and i already said that these people are not waiting for these seasons they can do it any time.
there were a promo codes with domain.com that you can reg .com for 2$ but it ended in 3 days that is not what i meant here.

Edit: OK, I mean at certain time...

•••

yes of course.. their promos were til quanties last. they had quota to give away. and you imagine with np members, that quota took 1-3 days usually to run out.. tho some of their promos lasted I think up to 1 week most.

so of course if you meant here u are looking for some neverending at any all time discount or lasting for months.. then doster/netfirms isn't for you.

Last edited:
•••
thank you guys but i wonder
how can they do it without need to use coupons?
and if they use coupons how they are the only one who can use these coupons? they registering domains from different companies in the mean time these companies do not give any promo codes or coupon ..i mean when a company has a promo code every one will know it and use it ..it will be available here at np ..but these people seem to be using coupons that no one knows it except them...and these people say that they have also a reseller programs not coupons..is there any reseller program can make you reg domains for under 5$

Last edited:
•••
you said (now no more for 3-4 months)
and i confirm again these people are doing this right now...how they do this when there is no coupons or promo?

•••
Who are these guys who buy for less than regfee any time of the year they want without using coupons? Do you know anyone who is doing that? If not then how can you claim that there are people registering domains for less than regfee? You never know whether a person is selling for profit or loss, I recently sold 7 .com domains for $2, will you claim that I sold them for a profit? I paid $70 for those domains, happens. How can you claim that those guys who are selling their 5L.com's for $4-5 are selling for profit? 5L market is gone and it's hard to sell a random 5L CHIP for $1.

•••
you said (now no more for 3-4 months)
and i confirm again these people are doing this right now...how they do this when there is no coupons or promo?

Please show proof, if you witnessed some guys doing it then you know more than us how they were doing it.

•••
Who are these guys who buy for less than regfee any time of the year they want without using coupons? Do you know anyone who is doing that? If not then how can you claim that there are people registering domains for less than regfee? You never know whether a person is selling for profit or loss, I recently sold 7 .com domains for $2, will you claim that I sold them for a profit? I paid $70 for those domains, happens. How can you claim that those guys who are selling their 5L.com's for $4-5 are selling for profit? 5L market is gone and it's hard to sell a random 5L CHIP for $1.

of course i know them that's why i am asking ...you think i am wasting my time on guessing??
i know some of these people and i talked with them they are not only here on np but on other forums also ...some of them have contacted me on my blog to make with them a deal to bring them customers...they said they can reg domains for 2$ when i asked how they told me they have reseller programs but i suspect the situation...that's why i am asking here..got it??

Last edited:
•••
you probably want to investigate thi sbefore paying them.
and the onyl way to do it is by asking them to describe exactly how they do it.. what registrar etc.. and then once you have all details... call the registrar and ask abotu all this.
not one rep.. but a couple. some reps know less than others.

good luck!

•••
and to those who want me to mention these people...sorry i will not mention any one here and i dont want to put my my self on that circle because some people will think that i am promoting to them....however these people are well known and alot of people know them so if you dont know them it's not my problem....let's be more realistic if you do not have an answer simply you dont have to write any thing here..

Last edited:
•••
you probably want to investigate thi sbefore paying them.
and the onyl way to do it is by asking them to describe exactly how they do it.. what registrar etc.. and then once you have all details... call the registrar and ask abotu all this.
not one rep.. but a couple. some reps know less than others.

good luck!

i tried many times but they dont say more than that they have reseller programs and that's why i suspect them ...however i never thought i will buy any thing from them because i dont buy unless from trusted source..i am just asking out of my curiosity to know how they do this.

•••
you do good to ask
as long as you understand that no one knows more about how someone does something than the person who is actually doing it.

like I said, ask them what registrar. this is a minimum you should know and will know anyway I thnk... I mean every domain needs a registrar... then call that registrar and ask if they have reseller program.. if they say no.. don't do it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back