Domain Empire

How OLD were you when you got into domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How OLD were you when you got into domaining?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • <17

votes
    46.9%
  • 18 - 25

votes
    21.4%
  • 26 - 35

votes
    18.9%
  • 36 - 45

votes
    9.2%
  • 46 - 55

votes
    2.6%
  • 55+

votes
    1.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hello folks :)

I thought this would be an interesting thread. I know there have been polls on age etc, But I don't recall a thread about how old you were when you got into domaining. :tri:

Wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in. So if it's in the wrong forum then Admin/Mods..would you kindly move :)

I'll start it off..
I was 15 when I got into domaining. ;)

And sorry, If I happened not to include YOUR age group :tri: :p

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
capiche said:
Also started back on the net with Windows 3.1 , Prodigy & Compuserve in 1994 or 1995. If only I had've known domains would be where they are now. Makes me want to puke. :) I bought my first domain back in 1999. It was PetCrates.com. I'm 32 now.

How much was a .com domain back then?

•••
Jiblob said:
How much was a .com domain back then?

Like I said, my first reg wasn't until 1999. I believe it was around $10. Ended up selling, (really underselling) that name for $500.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
From the current stats it's amazing how young domainers are here :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
My partner and I decided NOT to register Wallstreet.com, Stocks.com, Bonds.com etc etc back when because "they wouldn't let just 1 person get away with owning and controlling those addresses would they? Just wouldn't be fair"

I have since learned (last week) that fair has nothing to do with it. Just slow I guess.

I was old back then too.

•••
16-17, The internet exposure years ;).

•••
I got my computer at 12 and was buying and selling dn at 14

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back