Dynadot

question How Old Were You When You Started Domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Billy Wagner

Nameplicity.comTop Member
Impact
Hey Guys,

Just curious as to what age you where when you discovered/started domaining. I was 25, but wish I would have been around 18 or 19 when I started. I would have much more knowledge, not to mention more money (hopefully!) than I do now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i registered my first domain in 1999 ,, bought many good names from 2000 to 2004 and sold all before left domaining in 2007 and back again buy/sell from 2008 tel 2016

•••
So far we have ages ranging from 14 to 45. That's awesome! I've sometimes thought I got into the domaining game too late or that I was towards the "less young" a.k.a older scale as far as age goes, but seems as though there's a very wide range domaining covers.

•••
Started about 10 years ago.. I was 32. Regged. mostly crap, but sold a few for low x,xxx. I was hooked! Had a family and took about a 6 yr hiatus. Back at it now as a profitable side hobby. Mostly shortly short, brandables.

•••
Developed a site in 1999. But started domaining in 2014 (36).

•••
I started domaining at age 20(2013).

Before i started domaining i was an internet marketer that blogging on blogspot, lol.
Now the time has changed to the .com era.

•••
I started domaining this year and I am 18 now.

•••
32....im 34 now:( like many i wish i would have started sooner

•••
•••
30 and now 31... Bought my first domain as a domainer couple of months ago...

•••
I started in late 2007, when i was 23. First domain regged for $2, sold after 2 months for $x,xxx! Boom! Then i went up and down, until i put aside the domaining. Even if i still keep a portfolio, i'm not really into it, just having some flashes in the pan, sometimes for few months, sometimes for weeks. Unfortunately, the days have only 24 hours, and i tend to focus on development more than pure domaining.

•••
Since 1999, my first domain, 21 years old, now 38!

•••
I started in late 2007, when i was 23. First domain regged for $2, sold after 2 months for $x,xxx! Boom!

That's an awesome start! Bet that got you hooked for sure. :-D

•••
That's an awesome start! Bet that got you hooked for sure. :-D

Eheheh yes, i've spent at least... two years addicted to domaining, luckily making few money instead of losing any ;)

•••
•••
I started this year (I'm 22)only...Hope to do it for a long time :)

•••
First time: 27

Than I gave it up after a few years and started focus on my websites...

This time: 42

•••
Started 3 years ago back when I was 19

•••
I started domaining around 3 years back, when I was 23 years old and sold first domain on the same month for $99.

Surprising and memorable thing is.. I sold my first domain in Oct-2013 and that too on my birth date.

•••
•••
Around 10 years ago, so I would have been 26.

•••
•••
•••
Started first domains in 1995. I was 26. However, did not get heavily involved until 2003.

Had first girlfriend. Girlfriend left because she said I loved domain and technology more than her. I couldn't agree more. I couldn't blame her. I was bidding on domain auctions even when I was half asleep with pizza slide falling to the way side.

I told her even before I leave this world, my hand would reached out of the coffin and fingers would probably be clicking on the mouse... bidding on that last domain. Then I can happily say farewell. She left with a pair of wide eyes. Until this day, still probably have no idea what the heck I was talking about.

Second girl friend gave me ultimatum that it's either her or else. I opted for "else" and here I am in year 2016, posting to this thread with you nice folks, my fellow domainers :)

Oh the good old memories. By the way. What a fun topic. Kudos to the host.

Last edited:
•••
33 (last year) and had a computer since i was 17
homer_doh.gif

•••
I have just started for some months until now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back