IT.COM

question HOW DO YOU TREAT THE LOW BALLERS?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
I am a cool person, not easily getting angry. But yesterday I got angry when a person from NamePros responded to my Make Offer sale thread wherein 66 four letter dot com names are on sale, one gentleman responded with his generous offer:
izuq.com
duaj.com

saeq.com
30$ each
All the above 3 names are published at brandable marketplaces.

This person, who later claims that he know the current price of 4L names too.

What response would you give if you encounter such low ball offers?

PLEASE SHARE YOU EXPERIENCE.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stick it where the Sun don't shine!

•••
He’s an idiot. There is some false belief right now that 4 letters should be priced way under market value. Tell him if he can find 4 letter names at that price he should be buying those and stop wasting your time.

On better 4 letters I would just hodl. There are always sharks circling the water in this biz unfortunately.

•••
It's not a good idea to sell 4L or any good domains here in NP. People tend to lowball here (me included).
$30 for those 4L .coms was hilarious though :ROFL: I would just ignore him.

•••
I tried something here on nP that may be interesting to do in this case, and others have done it too.
Set a minimum make an offer price, as a starting point.
It may frighten some people but if they can't go past your minimum, their offers are worthless anyway

•••
Just hold them for a while. LLLLs with bad letters are selling for between $100 and $300 lately on NJ, Dynadot, GD, Sedo etc so that is probably why people are lowballing on LLLL's more than usual. Some sales from the last couple of days.

upload_2020-11-22_20-27-56.png

•••
What do you expect from "RESELLERS"?

•••
It is his right to offer $30 for each and your right to refuse the offer.

I offer $1 for each.

•••
To OP. Back in July I had a set of names for sale and you sent an offer via PM for 30% my asking price. I declined the offer.

•••
I am a cool person, not easily getting angry. But yesterday I got angry when a person from NamePros responded to my Make Offer sale thread wherein 66 four letter dot com names are on sale, one gentleman responded with his generous offer:
izuq.com
duaj.com
saeq.com
30$ each
All the above 3 names are published at brandable marketplaces.

This person, who later claims that he know the current price of 4L names too.

What response would you give if you encounter such low ball offers?

PLEASE SHARE YOU EXPERIENCE.

Refer him back to 2009 or to even as late as 2015 when some LLLL.com could be bought for $30

•••
To OP. Back in July I had a set of names for sale and you sent an offer via PM for 30% my asking price. I declined the offer.

Hi

lol, i feel yah!

what goes around, comes around :)

imo...

•••
It is his right to offer $30 for each and your right to refuse the offer.

I offer $1 for each.

Then your name will be in mud @cipcip

A difference between “free market” and trolling.

Last edited:
•••

More context is needed.
If you were asking for $1000
and he offered $300

Haroon is not a LOW BALLER.
Tell them to see Check out ShortNames.com
Try respectful; if they are noobs; may not kno; and “want to jump in” — “i offer $30”

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the offer but unfortunately I'm not interested.

Have a happy day.

And move on with your day.

Last edited:
•••
If i get inbound for very low price, i don't reply and skip it. Most of the time, its not worth my time to reply. But in case, if i find the buyer is genuine and may not know the value of domains, i reply him/her about my domain price.

•••
Ignore them. Only focus on offers that have a chance of panning out.
Everything else is a waste of time and energy.

Brad

•••
Why even think of responding to or have to do something about it?

For fun, tell him to please lend you the time travel machine he is using

•••
Why even think of responding to or have to do something about it?

For fun, tell him to please lend you the time travel machine he is using

While responding to his offer, I even asked him which planet is he from. He clarified me he is from Earth only.

•••
While responding to his offer, I even asked him which planet is he from. He clarified me he is from Earth only.
Lol from earth but with a time machine

•••
I thought again what would I do and I would likely put him on ignore. People are very cheap here but those prices offered are ridiculous. All you have to do is read the wanted section to know this is not the place to sell lately and people’s ideas about reseller pricing is laughable.

•••
Check their account age; “You never know.”

If they’re new tell them $100, $200 min etc

And tell em ShortNames.com again snapshot

Last edited:
•••
Waste of your time. You won't gain anything from any further conversation(s).
You can have fun with replying, but again, that won't get you anywhere. It would still end up as a "time wasting" exercise.

•••
Well in domaining in general, I dont think you can call out someone as a low baller. You price a domain at X price and a buyer is well within his rights to place his offer. Its finally up to you as a seller whether you accept the offer or not. If you do not want offers below a price, you can very well make a note in the sale thread - no offers below X$. So buyer is aware of it. There are no fixed prices that if your domain is say 4 letters it will definitely get you a fixed amount. If it was a stock market and you had a stock, yes, you could say the listed price is this and I want X for the stock. But in domaining nothing like that. Like I may feel that the domain I have is worth 1000 or even 10000 but till it does not sell and there is no offer value = 0. When I get an offer for the domain I simply study the offer and say that my expectation for the domain is around Y and if we can meet somewhere a deal may even happen. Say the buyer says $30 / domain you can always counter and say you want say $100 or whatever price you want or that domain, and may be the buyer can meet you at a higher price. This is also a forum / marketplace where most of us are just resellers/investors hoping to get a price. Say I may think that a 4L .com will get me $100 or $150 one day so I would be ready to take a risk at say $60 - $80 etc depending the amount of risk I am willing to take. Its a simple case of demand/supply and an assumption of what I may get for a domain. Say if tomorrow the market for 4L tanks and if rates go to $50 a domain? Personally I have not invested in a single 4L domain as I dont understand the market of random 4 letters unless the 4 letter mean something!

Last edited:
•••
Happened to me a moment ago, someone offered me $20 for one of my domain Google Page Rank 4, first I though I shouldn't respond, then responded, with a big NO!

The message as it was sent to me:

Hello there, can we make a deal of $20 please?

LOL!

•••
2 scenarios only:

Respond with your desired amount
Don't respond at all (I do this more)

If you feel the need to insult someone, check yourself.

•••
Back