Status
Not open for further replies.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
here is how to properly promote your business at namepros

upload_2020-1-9_0-33-33.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the only applicable solution
is the ending of spamming

and it could end right now

Well Frank, with all due respect, you are a party to this conflict so it's not your place to pass a judgement like this, once there is a Committee of Elders you can present your side to them and then it will be their job to say what needs to be done.

IMo

•••
I can‘t help but this forum is on the brink of breaking apart. And I don‘t know why. It would be too easy to reduce the cause in animosities between a handful of persons.

I dislike it to be eventually put down as pro Epik and contra anything-else just because posting in their threads - because they publicly discuss their projects and let me take part like everyone else.

So Epik doubled their amount of domains but who is hurt? We see continuing global growth in registrations. Epik takes its overall small share and if competitors fail to grow then it is because Rob is very active in this forum?

How free can we move inside this forum space? Sometimes it seems that activities could be killed by forum rules. But in practice the Mods are very liberal, aren’t they. Otherwise many more members would have restricted accounts including me. It is so easy and fast to come off-topic, to post kidding nonsense or even spam without planning to do so.

Imagine if there was no Epik presence here, no Rob and no staff. Some may like this thought but I would miss something besides reg posts, sale posts and bug help begs.

•••
Committee of Elders you can present your side to them and then it will be their job to say what needs to be done.

Don't we have the mod teams for that? I'd say they're fairly unbiased.

•••
He spams anyway he can even in this thread and the amazing thing is the MOD HERE LIKED His post (Mod Team Bravo)?????
In our opinion, a "Thanks" or "Like" does not necessarily mean that the person thanking or liking the post agrees with, is thankful for, or likes the entire post; it could just be part of the post.

We are thankful that he said, "We are happy to support NamePros with sponsorship." The "Thanks" feature is a nice, quick way to express that.

Here is the alert we sent regarding it as shared by @frank-germany:
158166_f59023ab366fe743e81631f6c60184fd.png

I believe that as I have suggested many times before the only solution to this situation is to give a paid (sponsored) section to each company that wants to be actively engaging the community so that each company's threads would be all in one section instead of being scattered all over the forum. The paid (sponsored) sections can still be moderated by the forum, but then the companies will be free to promote their services as they see fit. The paid (sponsored) sections can bring steady monthly revenues for the forum in addition to the banner ads which I believe many companies are going to continue to use even when they have their own section as it doubles their exposure on the forum.

Another advantage of having paid (sponsored) sections on the forum is that because of the extra revenue that is generated here the forum won't have to raise the membership fees for regular domainers as much.

Also because these are paid sections they won't have to be buried out of sight the way the current promotional section is and can be put right after the Industry news section so everyone can find them easily.

PS: notice that I didn't mention any specific company here as I believe that having paid (sponsored) sections will be of benefit to all the different companies in the domain Industry that want to be more active on the forum as from what we have witnessed being active on the forum and being always available to help domainers with their questions and problems can do a lot of good for everyone involved.

IMO
Thanks again for sharing your suggestion. Unfortunately, we do not believe it would help with the current climate.

Here's our previous response that provides more details:
It's worth noting that NamePros does have many advertising options available to anyone genuinely interested in increasing the exposure and visibility of their products, services, or initiatives in the domain industry.
  • For example, there is a sticky thread ad, which allows you to have a thread in the Industry News section (or anywhere else) that stays pinned to the top for a number of days. In that sense, advertisers do have the option to pay for a thread like you described but not an entire section.
As I have suggested before we need a committee of Elders (Ombudsmen) consisting of some of the most objective, open and fair minded, and experienced and trusted members here to come up with a logical and compassionate solution for some of these problems and conflicts that exist on the forum (and in the domain Industry at large).
This is an interesting idea. There have been internal discussions about assembling a group of people (your peers) to make decisions on highly subjective or controversial matters to more broadly represent the opinions of the community, and to take the focus off of moderators' decisions.

You may want to create a thread on it in our Comments and Feedback section for additional consideration and discussion.

Side note - I'm not sure why Rob doesn't have the account restriction designation under his name, like Bulloney does. Is that a benefit of paid advertising? Restrict the account, don't let anybody know?
Restriction statuses are unable to override custom titles, so if a VIP or Gold member has a custom title set on their profile, the restriction is not shown publicly. Fortunately, we created a solution for this a few weeks ago; it's part of a batch of updates that are coming soon.

Why would a forum proactively restrict the community from being able to learn about tools and technologies that will help them? People can post their domain lists all day long but if there is a mention of a free tool to help them that is verboten?
There is a time and place for everything most things:

We hope that helps.

•••
In our opinion, a "Thanks" or "Like" does not necessarily mean that the person thanking or liking the post agrees with, is thankful for, or likes the entire post; it could just be part of the post.

If I were to put my Elder hat on I would say that if you give a "Thanks" or "Like" to a post that means that you are thankful for or that you agree with or like the whole post in general, otherwise you might need to quote a certain part in order to indicate that you are thankful for a specific part of the post only.

By the way I just gave you "Thanks" for your reply because I was thankful for your response in general ;)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
would you call it "frequently" ?
oh no it's just "occasionally"...

Show attachment 141111

Show attachment 141112

Show attachment 141113

Show attachment 141114

Show attachment 141115

Show attachment 141116

Show attachment 141117

Show attachment 141118

Show attachment 141119

sorry there are more
can't post them all due to posting restrictions....

I stand by those comments on CloudFlare.

If you like digital sovereignty, then you should be mindful of the governance of the brands you use and what they value.

For those who do use CloudFlare's free product, it is worth understanding the trade-off or implied cost that is allowing that service to be "free".

By the way, you can also meet their new German Board member here:

https://us.tv/videos/watch/188b87f5-4368-4ed5-be2c-33eb64d64f9c

•••
Thanks for proving my point for me. It's not only me. This isn't the only place you're doing it at. The other forum, blogs, same stuff.

You're again trying to set it up as, in order for NP to remain relevant, listen to Rob. Do as Rob says. You were literally at the other forum, trying to tell them how to run it. It's a ridiculous thread.

As it was pointed out to you in the Alexa thread. NP had better Alexa stats in the past. They had better traffic in the past. This forum has been around for a long time, long before you became active. It's not dependent on you at all.

You are the foundation of all these issues. I wouldn't have known you had a restricted account unless you posted a screenshot. You were also the one who posted a screenshot in this forum of NP giving you infraction warnings. Again, what were those infraction warnings for? What is the account restriction for? Just stop doing that. Take some personal responsibility for your actions.

Side note - I'm not sure why Rob doesn't have the account restriction designation under his name, like Bulloney does. Is that a benefit of paid advertising? Restrict the account, don't let anybody know?

The fact that the NP Alexa rank was once much higher should give you a big clue that the extended run of anti-commerce mindset was a toxic pill. It is being rightfully challenged.

upload_2020-1-10_8-20-57.png

We have come a long way for 83K in mid 2019:

145440_70b8412ae411b0a1b8f1d6a7d86e598b.png

So, yes,I call this a positive development:

The Marxist mindset that was absolutely pervasive here in early 2019 is on its back heels and that is a good thing.

If you are content to live in a tiny apartment for the rest of your life, then good for you. For those who aspire to something more spacious, I suggest let them do their thing.

Hopefully the Moderators see that prosperity is a good thing, and that the long-term success and relevance of NamePros is highly correlated to making the pie bigger!

On a more personal note, I have never challenged your intellect. You are articulate and you are intelligent. However, you are also highly negative, and anti-commerce. That is unfortunate.

Regardless of our disagreements, I sincerely wish you all the best.

•••
•••
If you are content to live in a tiny apartment for the rest of your life, then good for you.

we as a community of domainers do NOT benefit from the Alexa Ranking of Namepros

people like you Rob and your company
indeed are the beneficiary of that trend

but please don't continuously try to impose to members of this forum
1) that you are responsible for that fact
2) that we will benefit from that

that's not the case

•••
On a more personal note, I have never challenged your intellect. You are articulate and you are intelligent. However, you are also highly negative, and anti-commerce. That is unfortunate.

when to comes to extreme white nazi propaganda
and when it comes to holocaust deniers
you Rob are all for "free speech" and do your best to protect them

but when somebody is no your fan-boy
you start behaving differently

•••
would you call it "frequently" ?
oh no it's just "occasionally"...

Show attachment 141111

Show attachment 141112

Show attachment 141113

Show attachment 141114

Show attachment 141115

Show attachment 141116

Show attachment 141117

Show attachment 141118

Show attachment 141119

sorry there are more
can't post them all due to posting restrictions....

Sounds like a good diligent CEO.
Cloudflare is one of the most mysterious companies,
and the truth will be revealed after their IPO. (done)

Dont know why Rob is so worried about them,
cant talk them serious they until allow to change NS lol; IPO; Cloudflare raised $525 million, 2019;
Cloudflare generated $129 million in revenue first 6 months 2019 to 37M loss, compared to 87M sales, 32M loss, same period last year, which means sales growing faster than losses

The company sold 35 million shares at $15, slightly higher than its updated range of $12 to $14. Cloudflare initially marketed a range of $10 to $12 per share.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Imagine if there was no Epik presence here, no Rob and no staff. Some may like this thought but I would miss something besides reg posts, sale posts and bug help begs.

absolutely nobody here is against epik as a company providing great services

nobody will interfere with information about these services and products
and never have I seen anybody doing so.

all I can see people being annoyed by the way Rob does promote his company epik

and that way is:
answering in each and every thread that looks slightly applicable
in mixing information with naming and linking related products of epik
or linking to post of Rob where he promotes his companies products and services

and doing so in abundance and shamelessly

•••
Sounds like a good diligent CEO.
Cloudflare is one of the most mysterious companies,
and the truth will be revealed after their IPO. (done)

i dont know why Rob is so worried about them,
i cant talk them seriously until they allow you to change your own NS.. lol!

Samer

some of you like Rob for beeing a clever businessman

cloudflare offers free service to attract paying customers
I can't see anything wrong with that

they don't annoy and spam this forum

there is no actually disadvantage in using their nameservers
and you are free not to use them

these are the "evil" people at cloudflare:

upload_2020-1-10_18-50-5.png

this is the CEO of cloudflare

https://twitter.com/eastdakota

upload_2020-1-10_18-46-32.png

upload_2020-1-10_18-47-35.png

•••
Well Frank, with all due respect, you are a party to this conflict so it's not your place to pass a judgement like this, once there is a Committee of Elders you can present your side to them and then it will be their job to say what needs to be done.

IMo

maybe your old enough
but you are not un-biased enough
to be part of the Commitee of Elders

•••
This thread is not about advertising anymore... But, since it is in comments and general chat already, let me post one quote from mentioned Karl Marx. A very interesting author indeed, some of his works about capitalism are ... educational at least.

Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through.

Why I'm posting this? Just to remind about ignore button available @ NP. Do we really need more political discussions?

•••
This thread is not about advertising anymore... But, since it is in comments and general chat already, let me post one quote from mentioned Karl Marx. A very interesting author indeed, some of his works about capitalism are ... educational at least.

Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through.

Why I'm posting this? Just to remind about ignore button available @ NP. Do we really need more political discussions?

Marxism had been introduced into this thread by Rob

its a perfect way for trolling

by the way that's the kind of "namecalling"
that somebody accused Rob earlier

Last edited:
•••
The fact that the NP Alexa rank was once much higher should give you a big clue that the extended run of anti-commerce mindset was a toxic pill. It is being rightfully challenged.

Show attachment 141147

We have come a long way for 83K in mid 2019:

145440_70b8412ae411b0a1b8f1d6a7d86e598b.png

So, yes,I call this a positive development:

The Marxist mindset that was absolutely pervasive here in early 2019 is on its back heels and that is a good thing.

If you are content to live in a tiny apartment for the rest of your life, then good for you. For those who aspire to something more spacious, I suggest let them do their thing.

Hopefully the Moderators see that prosperity is a good thing, and that the long-term success and relevance of NamePros is highly correlated to making the pie bigger!

@Rob

your are in perfectly in tune with the highest authorities on the planet
congrats

upload_2020-1-10_19-9-10.png

•••
maybe your old enough
but you are not un-biased enough
to be part of the Commitee of Elders

Frank, there is not one person on this Planet who is totally unbiased.

Our mindsets and the way we all think is influenced by so many different factors, but for a person to be in the Committee of Elders that person should be able to rise above all the biases that he or she might have for the duration of time that a case is being analyzed and determined. That's why that a few posts earlier I said:

"If I were to put my Elder hat on I would say that if you give a "Thanks" or "Like" to a post that means that you are thankful for or that you agree with or like the whole post in general, otherwise you might need to quote a certain part in order to indicate that you are thankful for a specific part of the post only."

It's the Hat (or the Robe) that is the symbol of unbiased and fair process and treatment and so you should not prejudge the situation, when I put my Elder's Hat on you never know you might get a judgement in your favor as the victim in certain situations and you might be found to be the villain at other times, as I said before all the parties involved here could qualify both as victims and villains at certain times and in certain situations and it will be for the Elders to sort it all out.

Also it's true that I came up with the idea of having a Committee of Elders, but that doesn't automatically mean that I want to be in that position myself. As I have mentioned in other threads we all can play a part in the way of innovation and progress, some of us are better at coming up with ideas and some of us are good at implementing them, I consider myself an activist and intellectual who deals in abstract theories and ideas and as such I have to keep my mind free and open at all times and can't be tied up in any specific situations.

IMO

•••

Somebody mentioned party pooper earlier, when I was reading that, I was thinking, did you forget all the times he's called people Marxist that disagree with him. 10 - https://www.namepros.com/search/43930296/?q=marxist&o=date&c[user][0]=186004 Will add that post to the long list.

As far as toxic to the forum, do we really need to go over your past threads? You brought that nonsense here. I'm still kind of baffled and wondering what part of your brain thinks it's good for you to continually link to Map

The thing I am "anti" about is spamming. I don't think you really have any idea how many spammers I've banned over the years modding an affiliate marketing forum in the past. You're really not doing anything I haven't seen before.

Again, let's deal with the facts:

You've had many threads moved to the promotional forum
You've had infraction warnings
You have a restricted account right now

That's because ________________ ? Don't do that. We've already went over this.

People are trying to overcomplicate the issue or talk about other stuff to divert.

I think you're wanting NP to conform to you, instead of just following the rules here.You're really causing the mods here to do unnecessary work because of your lack of respect for those rules.

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of rules. There has to be one on "harrassment." I have found that some of those in disagreement with Rob are not just disagreeing, they are harassing.

•••
Speaking of rules. There has to be one on "harrassment." I have found that some of those in disagreement with Rob are not just disagreeing, they are harassing.

I just started reading today but so far you have Ridiculous Post of the Day. See what I said about diversion in last post. Where is your post telling Rob to stop spamming? Most of the responses have to do with that. Again, Rob can simply stop with that nonsense, then threads like this don't even exist.

Last edited:
•••
I just started reading today but so far you have Ridiculous Post of the Day. See what I said about diversion in last post. Where is your post telling Rob to stop spamming? Most of the responses have to do with that. Again, Rob can simply stop with that nonsense, then threads like this don't even exist.

when you read the replies
Rob wants these kinds of threads
as its pure promotion for his epik company
at least it looks like he thinks so
( he's great in turning lemons into juice.. )

so why don't you accusers of hate and now harassment
stop accusing and spreading hate?

•••
I just started reading today but so far you have Ridiculous Post of the Day.
You have a unique habit to insult while trying to make your point. Just a suggestion, because I know your intelligent, try making your point on merit, without insult. Your word will carry farther and become more credible. Try it, you might just like it.

•••
Hey guys cool down this starts to be war.

Aren´t we all equal domainers in this place, with the domainer religion, the domainer values and the domaining political preference?

•••
I can‘t help but this forum is on the brink of breaking apart.
It's fine. If anything, 2020 is going to be a great year, party poopers and all. If it wasn't for the poopy panted people, everyone would be wearing shorts. And who wants that kind of leakage in the winter time?

I think this kind of tit for tat and back and forth and open posting keeps the forum vibrant and alive. One can chose to read, or not to read. Respond, or not respond. Report, or not report.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back