Status
Not open for further replies.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
here is how to properly promote your business at namepros

upload_2020-1-9_0-33-33.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was trying to stay out of this thread but then the repeated nonsense.

First, yes, you have been spamming this forum. Why do you think your account was restricted? You posted the screenshot at the other forum. Restricted 15-30%. You literally drop 8 links over there, spamming them as well.

You have a bunch of people, as usual, hop in the thread talking about other stuff that has nothing to do with the spamming. The other stuff is great, just..............stop spamming the forum.

That means don't hop in threads continually linking to other threads or your products where they're not supposed to me. You can try to argue that you're not except you've had many threads moved, and again, you have your account restricted for spamming.

This is the nonsense I'm talking about:

"Along the way, we'll also work to give back to the enabling utilities like NamePros who depend on sponsors."

which you're repeated many times now, so obviously you're trying to get the message in that NP is somehow dependent on you.

That would paid memberships from members here. Which could decrease if it becomes a Spam Fest.

The other thread I mentioned you keep mentioning Alexa because you wanted to take credit for the growth, told me I was wrong but the other forum:

"I am pretty sure that Epik ended up playing a meaningful role in the growth of NP during 2019"

A chunk of that conversation had nothing to do with domaining and it still just shows toolbar growth.

So again, the problem isn't your products, or that you're active or some of the other stuff people have posted. You know exactly what the problem is, you just want a pass on it. Hence you mentioning the money you're spending on advertising, many times now. Look at the money I spend here, look at the Alexa growth, look at my likes. So let me be. Well, the rules are for everybody, they should be across the board.
As easy as you say he is spamming. We could make the argument you are harassing. Think about it.

•••
As easy as you say he is spamming. We could make the argument you are harassing. Think about it.

Maybe you should think about reading before you respond? What part of restricted account are you not getting? What do you think that was for? People like you aren't helping things out. I just told you he posted a screenshot. He spammed Raymond's thread. That post was separated out into it's own thread. That was the one that pushed it over into the account getting restricted. Just stop doing that type of thing, it's not complicated. This is on him.

It's not complicated the message being sent out. I'm spending money at NP, let me be. Again, members spend as well.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe you should think about reading before you respond? What part of restricted account are you not getting? What do you think that was for? People like you aren't helping things out. I just told you he posted a screenshot. He spammed Raymond's thread. That post was separated out into it's own thread. That was the one that pushed it over into the account getting restricted. Just stop doing that type of thing, it's not complicated. This is on him.

It's not complicated the message being sent out. I'm spending money at NP, let me be. Again, members spend as well.

When it comes to keeping NamePros relevant and functional in 2020 and beyond, I hope the moderators know better than to listen to you. Sadly, some of them think your opinion matters, when in fact the growing volume of evidence is that your instincts on community governance are about as useful as a buggy whip.

•••
When it comes to keeping NamePros relevant and functional in 2020 and beyond, I hope the moderators know better than to listen to you. Sadly, some of them think your opinion matters, when in fact the growing volume of evidence is that your instincts on community governance are about as useful as a buggy whip.

Thanks for proving my point for me. It's not only me. This isn't the only place you're doing it at. The other forum, blogs, same stuff.

You're again trying to set it up as, in order for NP to remain relevant, listen to Rob. Do as Rob says. You were literally at the other forum, trying to tell them how to run it. It's a ridiculous thread.

As it was pointed out to you in the Alexa thread. NP had better Alexa stats in the past. They had better traffic in the past. This forum has been around for a long time, long before you became active. It's not dependent on you at all.

You are the foundation of all these issues. I wouldn't have known you had a restricted account unless you posted a screenshot. You were also the one who posted a screenshot in this forum of NP giving you infraction warnings. Again, what were those infraction warnings for? What is the account restriction for? Just stop doing that. Take some personal responsibility for your actions.

Side note - I'm not sure why Rob doesn't have the account restriction designation under his name, like Bulloney does. Is that a benefit of paid advertising? Restrict the account, don't let anybody know?

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is what Rob posted from the other forum.

•••
Rob, I am frequent user of this forum and I can tell you I had lot of heated conversations with JB in past. And I mean a LOT.

But, I can tell you his opinions, and particularly on "community governance" matter and in my personal opinion he is very spot on with his comments in this thread. Do not try to belittle what he is saying - there are some logical arguments and facts presented. Yes, he is saying it very directly (this is his style), but it is spot on.

In my personal opinion:

Rules are for everyone. Countries/places/forums where rules are enforced equally for everyone thrive. Moderators here are very experienced imo and have been doing this for long time. We are all thankful for this and hopefully it will stay this way. This is the reason we spend our time here and create content by posting. Without content there is no forum. This is vibrant community of many people from all around the world. Many of us are also paying our small membership each month. And believe it or not, and I do not mean it in bad way, we are not here to constantly talk 365 days/year about 1 person and his private company, which is one smaller registrar.

Your company is doing lot of innovation for domain investors and that is a fact. Some of them are very useful. Also very good thing is that you are hands-on, and you really do things for people when something is needed. That was noticed several times and this is positive and appreciated. But they way how you are trying to enforce yourself everywhere is simply too much. Again, in my personal opinion.

Also, I think it is horrible idea to drop frequent negative comments about competing companies. You do that quite often. And I do not understand how that helps...if you offer great service, it itself is enough - simply let other people praise you, which they will do if they experience something great.

So there must be more elegant ways to present your company and services.

Speaking about elegant ways, I honestly do not like your language sometimes. For example, you like to use word "partypooper" and you used it several times when speaking to long-term Namepros contributors, who are very important part of this community.

I was myself through lot of heated arguments here - but everytime I was in dispute with someone, I tried to make some logical arguments (and in many times I won it). But to repeadly call fellow domain investors names like "partypooper", this I find very unprofessional. Everyone can check it, as you even use it as a hashtag...I think it is best to stop using such words on this forum, because it might disrespect the dignity of others if you call them like that. If someone disagrees with you, you can present facts/data/logical arguments to prove your case - it is much more effective then call someone some nasty names.

To conclude: it is always important to act professionally, calmly and to respect the rules of the community and to respect dignity of others. In this case I think there will be much less heat coming. Of course, unless you like the heat (as we all know, most heated threads trend best everywhere, which means promo for free). But only you know what you like or not, and what you need or not and when.

GL.

PS: if @Samer dislikes this post, it's time to finally expand a team :)

•••
Rob, I am frequent user of this forum and I can tell you I had lot of heated conversations with JB in past. And I mean a LOT.

But, I can tell you his opinions, and particularly on "community governance" matter and in my personal opinion he is very spot on with his comments in this thread. Do not try to belittle what he is saying - there are some logical arguments and facts presented. Yes, he is saying it very directly (this is his style), but it is spot on.

In my personal opinion:

Rules are for everyone. Countries/places/forums where rules are enforced equally for everyone thrive. Moderators here are very experienced imo and have been doing this for long time. We are all thankful for this and hopefully it will stay this way. This is the reason we spend our time here and create content by posting. Without content there is no forum. This is vibrant community of many people from all around the world. Many of us are also paying our small membership each month. And believe it or not, and I do not mean it in bad way, we are not here to constantly talk 365 days/year about 1 person and his private company, which is one smaller registrar.

Your company is doing lot of innovation for domain investors and that is a fact. Some of them are very useful. Also very good thing is that you are hands-on, and you really do things for people when something is needed. That was noticed several times and this is positive and appreciated. But they way how you are trying to enforce yourself everywhere is simply too much. Again, in my personal opinion.

Also, I think it is horrible idea to drop frequent negative comments about competing companies. You do that quite often. And I do not understand how that helps...if you offer great service, it itself is enough - simply let other people praise you, which they will do if they experience something great.

Speaking about elegant ways, I honestly do not like your language sometimes. For example, you like to use word "partypooper" and you used it several times when speaking to long-term Namepros contributors, who are very important part of this community.

I was myself through lot of heated arguments here - but everytime I was in dispute with someone, I tried to make some logical arguments (and in many times I won it). But to repeadly call fellow domain investors names like "partypooper", this I find very unprofessional. Everyone can check it, as you even use it as a hashtag...I think it is best to stop using such words on this forum, because it might disrespect the dignity of others if you call them like that. If someone disagrees with you, you can present facts/data/logical arguments to prove your case - it is much more effective then call someone some nasty names.

To conclude: it is always important to act professionally, calmly and to respect the rules of the community and to respect dignity of others. In this case I think there will be much less heat coming. Of course, unless you like the heat (as we all know, most heated threads trend best everywhere, which means promo for free). But only you know what you like or not, and what you need or not and when.

GL.

No comment :)

Last edited:
•••
Also, I think it is horrible idea to drop frequent negative comments about competing companies. You do that quite often.
Please, give an example or two. Shouldn't be hard since you mention "frequent" and "often," which I disagree with.

I honestly do not like your language sometimes. For example, you like to use word "partypooper"
I actually found that very subtle. Do you think its possible your over reacting?

Also, I have found the language towards Rob to be much harsher than the language Rob has used. I find Rob very professional and the fact that he is willing to communicate with anyone about anything is beyond the call of duty.

•••

In my personal opinion:

GL.

Thanks. I do tend to call it like I see it.

As for community governance, it is worthy of conversation. Why would a forum proactively restrict the community from being able to learn about tools and technologies that will help them? People can post their domain lists all day long but if there is a mention of a free tool to help them that is verboten?

A #partypooper is someone who irrationally rains on someone else's parade. You can suggest a different term. An example of this was the post from @DoseBuy. The guy deserved kudos, but some folks preferred to throw him some shade instead. I thought that was weak and defended him.

As for commentary about other companies, I am actually trying to be helpful. If I wanted companies to fail, I would quietly let them keep doing what they are doing. For example, by telling Efty that he has a feature not a business, that is actually helpful advice. He is a smart guy and can still pivot.

At the end of the day, I am not sure what the OP expected when he started this thread, but it was certainly the type of "red meat" that tends to rank around here. It is true that the Epik-related threads tend to rank for popularity. That said, it takes a lot of engagement to make that happen!

The good news about this thread is that more companies have been reminded about the importance of sponsorship, and perhaps we can have a civil conversation about how companies can be engaged in co-co-creation. Want to see a great example? Check this out:

I had shared an ad concept for NamesCon, and not 2 hours later, a NP community member who knows the Epik products, volunteered a new ad concept after some peer review from other members of the community. That is such powerful stuff. It is really what keeps me enthused.

More here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-your-epik-experience.1146613/page-39#post-7578933

•••
Sigh .. are we really doing this again?

It makes me laugh how nobody is truly 100% right or wrong here.

That being said .. getting back to @frank-germany's first post .. nothing could be further from the truth. Far and away the most cost-effective way to growth is if you can figure out guerrilla-tactics to help take your message viral.

Back around the turn of the millennium I took a hodge-podge test page I made as a personal browser startup page with 3 links (Hotmail, ICQ and Real Audio for those who even remember the last 2) at the start of 1999, into the biggest DJ / Club Music website in the world by the end of 2000. All with a total advertising budget of $0.00! By 2002 I had around 20k members in the first 1.5 years after I opened the forum.

All the while being the only owner, writer, admin operator (eventually I had a few volunteer moderators and then a team of community "Ambassadors". My downfall was that I actually grew too big too fast to keep up with the required resources! lol

As long as @Rob Monster contributes sincerely to a topic at hand then I don't have any problem with his relating it to Epik. Has he gone over the line on occasion .. definitely .. even he won't deny that sometimes he can be a little too ambitious. Is it the end of the world? No .. as I think he brings far more value to the community than he takes (and that was before he was paying for advertising).

Seriously .. he's the CEO of a DOMAIN registrar. Beyond that he's a CEO who is deeply involved in the day to day activities and in the platform development so can indeed bring 10x the informed perspective of most CEO's who don't stick their head under the hood. It's just unreasonable to ask him to not participate in industry discussion as somebody not in that position. If he has knowledge and experience on a specific subject in the context of being Epik's CEO, then he SHOULD share that perspective if it's something we can all learn from. I sincerely wish the executive teams of other registrars and industry businesses were as involved as Rob was. Part of the problem is that he's the only one doing it so it stands out and appears ridiculous .. when what actually should be considered ridiculous is the fact that there are no other industry executives that come to the NamePros platform to share their perspectives.

And yes .. there will be occasions where he might be pushing things a bit too far off-topic .. I think in a lot of those cases it's a question of judgement and perspective where each person has their own vision of what the community should be like. But at the end of the day it's up to @NamePros to decide that .. and if any of you think something is over the line, take a step back and ask yourself if Rob posted in a way that's off-topic (more often than not, he's not over the line in my opinion, but I'll be the first to admit he's not 100% on that .. lol) .. and if so .. then report it or start a private conversation with one of the @NamePros administration team. No need to start yet another thread attacking him over and over again .. as some have pointed out .. the constant complaints really aren't adding anything new ... and have probably contributed to NP's Alexa ranking more than everything else combined! lol

For example, you like to use word "partypooper"
lol .. Can't really argue with your there .. I've even mentioned something similar to Rob directly myself a while back and from time to time send him a PM suggesting an edit or two .. lol .. but hard to really consider that an issue when you have people like Bulloney starting a group private message with dozens of industry leaders slandering me and calling me an A**hole .. yet somehow Bulloney is still allowed to participate at NamePros! Using terms like "PartyPooper" wouldn't be the way I'd run my own business, but it's not crossing any lines or any rules as far as I know? Either way .. it's a different issue and a different topic. ;)

•••
Rob isn’t spamming these forums , he gives his opinion, he does introduce his products into forum threads , but the product or product is totally on topic to thread post, and is comparison of a program Epik offers with comparison to the subject product or source that is being discussed in thread. And check it out, he is most usually right about the Epik product being superior to the name product in the thread being discussed, like NameInvestors, I love it, it is completely free. I am very very glad I was introduced to it, again, it doesn’t cost a penny.

LOL

are you a paid promoter?

years ago I have been a paying customer at Roys Nameinvestors for a while.
It had some stunning features, but was lacking a lot, too.
And there was no development.
Even Rob admited that fact.

If Rob wouldn't spamm this forum nobody would complain
and Epik wouldn't have doubled the registered domains .

So it' paying off.
And couldn't care less about complaints.

Ad will keep on doing so.

Until this forum dies.

•••
So, Frank, that's 4 posts from you in one thread within a span of just 5 minutes. Remind me again, who is spamming the forum? I forgot.

Seriously though, be happy the mods have another funding source since I am going to guess that Epik will contribute more to their budget in 1 month than you will in your lifetime.

Maybe you do due diligence about hat spam is.
You really kind of have no clue.

( other than that I don't believe a word of what you say )

•••
LOL

are you a paid promoter?

years ago I have been a paying customer at Roys Nameinvestors for a while.
It had some stunning features, but was lacking a lot, too.
And there was no development.
Even Rob admited that fact.

If Rob wouldn't spamm this forum nobody would complain
and Epik wouldn't have doubled the registered domains .

So it' paying off.
And couldn't care less about complaints.

Ad will keep on doing so.

Until this forum dies.

I don't have one domain name or service with Epik, I am not an employee of Epik or serve or promote Epik in any way. I have never spent or earned one penny with Epik.

LOL, NamePros will never die, never.

•••

Thank you for proving that JBLions is right in thinking that you Rob think of yourself as a mayor benefactor of Namepros

•••

In my personal opinion:

GL.

@Brands.International

thanks a lot for your words of wisdom!

•••
Thanks. I do tend to call it like I see it.

As for community governance, it is worthy of conversation. Why would a forum proactively restrict the community from being able to learn about tools and technologies that will help them? People can post their domain lists all day long but if there is a mention of a free tool to help them that is verboten?

A #partypooper is someone who irrationally rains on someone else's parade. You can suggest a different term. An example of this was the post from @DoseBuy. The guy deserved kudos, but some folks preferred to throw him some shade instead. I thought that was weak and defended him.

As for commentary about other companies, I am actually trying to be helpful. If I wanted companies to fail, I would quietly let them keep doing what they are doing. For example, by telling Efty that he has a feature not a business, that is actually helpful advice. He is a smart guy and can still pivot.

At the end of the day, I am not sure what the OP expected when he started this thread, but it was certainly the type of "red meat" that tends to rank around here. It is true that the Epik-related threads tend to rank for popularity. That said, it takes a lot of engagement to make that happen!

The good news about this thread is that more companies have been reminded about the importance of sponsorship, and perhaps we can have a civil conversation about how companies can be engaged in co-co-creation. Want to see a great example? Check this out:

I had shared an ad concept for NamesCon, and not 2 hours later, a NP community member who knows the Epik products, volunteered a new ad concept after some peer review from other members of the community. That is such powerful stuff. It is really what keeps me enthused.

More here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-your-epik-experience.1146613/page-39#post-7578933

well Rob I just reply
so in case you edit your post
it will stay on record.

I didn't think too positive about you before.
It hasn't improved.

Guys read this post of Rob,
and if you still support him,
I wish you all the best.

•••
That being said .. getting back to @frank-germany's first post .. nothing could be further from the truth. Far and away the most cost-effective way to growth is if you can figure out guerrilla-tactics to help take your message viral.

you are 100% correct.

And who is the one who is hurt by a guerrilla?

quote:

"Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which small groups of combatants, such as paramilitary personnel, armed civilians, or irregulars, use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility, to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military. Wikipedia"

•••
quote:
Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which small groups of combatants ...

Seriously grow up @frank-germany .. and stop spamming the forum with 4 posts in a row (most of which aren't even understandable and full of typos and often gibberish. I know English isn't your first language .. but if you're going to attack others about posting inappropriately you definitely at least should make an effort.

More that that .. it's EXTREMELY unprofessional to try to misrepresent people like you have me.

There is a world of difference between Guerrilla Warfare and Guerrilla Marketing .. and if you honestly didn't know the difference, then it is completely inappropriate to share your obviously very ignorant point of views here.
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/guerilla-marketing-examples
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing

NEVER deliberately misrepresent what I say again!

•••
Seriously grow up @frank-germany .. and stop spamming the forum with 4 posts in a row (most of which aren't even understandable and full of typos and often gibberish. I know English isn't your first language .. but if you're going to attack others about posting inappropriately you definitely at least should make an effort.

More that that .. it's EXTREMELY unprofessional to try to misrepresent people like you have me.

There is a world of difference between Guerrilla Warfare and Guerrilla Marketing .. and if you honestly didn't know the difference, then it is completely inappropriate to share your obviously very ignorant point of views here.
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/guerilla-marketing-examples
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_marketing

NEVER deliberately misrepresent what I say again!

calm down it's leisure time
no war time

•••
no war time
Says the guy who actually literally just accused someone of doing exactly that .. while actually being the person who started all this conflict himself !?

@frank-germany .. seriously .. all you do is instigate conflict! You've made your position about @Rob Monster very clear .. we're all aware of it .. @NamePros has taken the appropriate measures .. the only thing you're accomplishing by repeating yourself over and over again is just proving how childish and unobjective you truly are. Seriously .. just stop it .. particularly since above you've even admitted that you're aware that what you're doing is killing NamePros .. seriously if you don't like it here so much .. then why are you still here .. just go .. find your happy place .. because you've made it very clear that that place isn't here! I'd say enough is enough .. but that point was already passed months ago .. you've seriously crossed the line even further here!

Last edited:
•••
Says the guy who actually literally just accused someone of doing while actually being the person who started all this conflict himself !?

@frank-germany .. seriously .. all you do is instigate conflict! You've made your position about @Rob Monster very clear .. we're all aware of it .. @NamePros has taken the appropriate measures .. the only thing you're accomplishing by repeating yourself over and over again is just proving how childish and unobjective you truly are. Seriously .. just stop it .. particularly since above you've even admitted that you're aware that what you're doing is killing NamePros .. seriously if you don't like it here so much .. then why are you still here .. just go .. find your happy place .. because you've made it very clear that that place isn't here! I'd say enough is enough .. but that point was already passed months ago .. you've seriously crossed the line even further here!

peace @Ategy
I didn't mean to attack you

really not

but it looks to me you are asking for it
you won't make me shut up
that's for sure

•••
Please, give an example or two. Shouldn't be hard since you mention "frequent" and "often," which I disagree with.
I actually found that very subtle. Do you think its possible your over reacting?.

would you call it "frequently" ?
oh no it's just "occasionally"...

upload_2020-1-10_12-42-35.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-43-35.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-43-47.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-44-7.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-44-17.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-44-27.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-44-37.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-44-46.png

upload_2020-1-10_12-44-55.png

sorry there are more
can't post them all due to posting restrictions....

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-10_12-45-5.png
    upload_2020-1-10_12-45-5.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 41
•••
As I have suggested before we need a committee of Elders (Ombudsmen) consisting of some of the most objective, open and fair minded, and experienced and trusted members here to come up with a logical and compassionate solution for some of these problems and conflicts that exist on the forum (and in the domain Industry at large).

Going back and forth on these kind of threads about the same issues without coming up with any solutions is a waste of everyone's energy and time.

Same as with some of the bigger issues and conflicts in life there has to be a neutral and unbiased third party that can determine who is the victim and who is the villain here especially since the same people can play different roles in different circumstances and cases.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
As I have suggested before we need a committee of Elders (Ombudsmen) consisting of some of the most objective, open and fair minded, and experienced and trusted members here to come up with a logical and compassionate solution for some of these problems and conflicts that exist on the forum (and the domain Industry at large).

Going back and forth on these kind of threads about the same issues without coming up with any solutions is a waste of everyone's energy and time.

Same as with some of the bigger issues and conflicts in life there has to be a neutral and unbiased third party that can determine who is the victim and who is the villain here especially since the same people can play different roles in different circumstances and cases.

IMO

the only applicable solution
is the ending of spamming

and it could end right now

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back