Status
Not open for further replies.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
here is how to properly promote your business at namepros

upload_2020-1-9_0-33-33.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this thread is how to properly (attack) a business, Frank.

Did you know Epik’s nearly doubled # domains since last public publish? effective advertising, indeed.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Here is how to properly (attack) at a business, Frank.

Did you know Epik’s nearly doubled # domains since last public publish? effective advertising, indeed.

Samer

congrats

•••
Last edited:
•••
celebrate the small victories

the crazy part is they could advertise more ;)

Samer

@Samer
I don't mind them or whoever paying for advertising at namepros
that's the proper way to advertise a business

•••
@Samer
that's the proper way to advertise a business

disagree dont like specific ad, nice start, could be better.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
It is excellent that there are paying advertisers at NP. Fortunately, there are also threads right here @ NP where members can receive additional info, since making business decisions based only on tv-, magazines- or forum ads may not always be correct. Wanted to write more here, about one particular advertiser, but the question of forum $$$ income is very sensitive for any forum, and so I'll better remain silent on it (unless explicitly asked to comment)... as I'm neither the owner nor moderator :)

•••
Where should we send a check for all the free advertising from @frank-germany's threads? The irony is this thread will make the banners more noticeable and thus more effective, while violating your own definition of "advertising" by posting forum threads in hopes for an open discussion about a certain product or service.

Thanks Frank!

•••
here is how to properly promote your business at namepros

Frank Technically you are right about advertising on the forum, but we can't learn much from a banner ad,

The many threads that @Rob Monster has created on the forum not only has broaden the view of so many here about domain names but it has also been an ongoing lesson in how to expand a business through innovation and interaction with the community.

The banner ads would not have benefitted the community anywhere close to the first hand experience that everyone has gotten through the engaging interactions that Rob has had with the domaining community here.

Although I agree that all Rob's and Epik related threads would have been better if they were in one section (perhaps a paid promotional section that wasn't buried out of everyone's view).

IMO

•••
I think Frank is just saying that he prefers paid ads to forum posts by Epik.

•••
Thanks Frank.

We are happy to support NamePros with sponsorship.

Given how useful NamePros has been to Epik, and how useful NamePros is to the fast-growing domainer community, it made sense.

If you refresh the page a few times, you should see a rotation of 4 feature products:

- Epik Registrar: Our flagship site
- Epik Escrow: Our superior alternative to Escrow.com.
- NameInvestors.com: Free domainer tools developed by @Gube
- NameLiquidate.com: Domain liquidation Dutch auction led by @DanSanchez

We are limited to 4 slots, but expect these will also come into rotation at some point:

- NameBrokers.com: Fully service premium brokerage led by @DanSanchez
- DomainGraduate.com: Free online course for domainers.
- DNEncrypt.com: Launching this month as alternate to LetsEncrypt.
- DNProtect.com: Domain risk scoring and insurance

The campaign is for 6 months.

We are also suggesting to NP management about possible ways to improve the utility of paid memberships that might broaden the appeal of paid memberships.

The only downside about the current ad-serving solution is that it does get blocked by ad blockers. That might be a positive for some, but in the meantime glad you approve!

•••
It's not going to change.
You can cure a sickness but not a bad habit.
The previous pots proves that. He will try to spam/promote anyway he can.
He also went over to the over forum and BEG them to let him spam while he Temporary BAN here is lifted.

There are some people just don't see that and keep kissing his A$$ all the time.

Shame on you.

I just want to tell the truth. I don't really care if you "like" or "dislike" (means are his follower and worship him).

Last edited:
•••
It's not going to change.
You can cure a sickness but not a bad habit.
The previous pots proves that. He will try to spam/promote anyway he can.
He also went over to the over forum and BEG them to let him spam while he Temporary BAN here is lifted.

There are some people just don't see that and keep kissing his A$$ all the time.

Shame on you.

Just sharing the plan for context since Frank decided to draw attention to it.

Other advertisers might appreciate knowing that there are up to 4 slots in rotation. In a multi-month campaign you can rotate creatives.

As I understand it, those moderators that keep folks in check get paid for by sponsors. Ironic, I know.

•••
You are not sharing. Did Frank ask you to share? You are promoting.
Watch out or you will be ban again.

Last edited:
•••
You are not sharing. You are promoting.

“ban” equal chances to you “leaving” NP again.

“promotion” is Rob talking, acknowledge..eats u wonde y

Samer

Last edited:
•••
How much did Rob pay you? You are blindly support him without reading the contents.

•••
How much did Rob pay you? You are blindly support him without reading the contents.

And old classic disco track but still good!

C'mon man -- lighten up. Stress will kill you!

•••
not just paying for the banner slots, EPIK also have 1$ .com promo, along with some upgraded feature on their end such marketplace, escrow, country ambassador etc. I assume @Rob Monster and his team were put all of their focus and effort to develop their brand and market

•••
•••
not just paying for the banner slots, EPIK also have 1$ .com promo, along with some upgraded feature on their end such marketplace, escrow, country ambassador etc. I assume @Rob Monster and his team were put all of their focus and effort to develop their brand and market

I have seen some non-expiring .COM names sell at NameLiquidate.com today for $1. That's true.

As for hiring, there has been some activity for sure -- hiring 1-3 folks a week:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/hi...ct-managers-and-executive-leadership.1162639/

For example, one new hire today from Portugal:

https://www.namepros.com/members/ncabete.1031506/

I hope to write a post soon about what to expect from Epik in 2020. It is a sponsored post so the moderators will hopefully go easy on the edits.

•••
You are not sharing. Did Frank ask you to share? You are promoting.

24h before, Domain Industry News section, you're promoting your own horses. I don't mind. (Mods re to Local Events)
Current Namescon 2020 Auction

Regarding ... "Watch out or you will be ban again." ... threatening someone in order to maintain control? Can you resolve the situation in some way without escalating it any further?

About the issue ... Instead of ... hit the Report and let the NP management/owners decide.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
•••
I know i am enjoying NameInvestors right now, I know Rob is a good person with good intentions and a very hard worker, Dan Sanchez is bringing his game and contributing to NamePros and kicking ass at Epik

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back