Status
Not open for further replies.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
here is how to properly promote your business at namepros

upload_2020-1-9_0-33-33.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not going to change.
You can cure a sickness but not a bad habit.
The previous pots proves that. He will try to spam/promote anyway he can.
He also went over to the over forum and BEG them to let him spam while he Temporary BAN here is lifted.

There are some people just don't see that and keep kissing his A$$ all the time.

Shame on you.

I just want to tell the truth. I don't really care if you "like" or "dislike" (means are his follower and worship him).
Just from curiosity, who exactly had a Temporary Ban on Namepros? I am little lost here .. thanks for clarification :)

•••
When do we finally get to see the "Epik.com staff" badge on frank-germany, biggie and johnn's profiles? You guys constantly add fuel to Epik-related threads and never let them into oblivion! Quit hiding, time to come out! :smuggrin:

•••
I believe that as I have suggested many times before the only solution to this situation is to give a paid (sponsored) section to each company that wants to be actively engaging the community so that each company's threads would be all in one section instead of being scattered all over the forum. The paid (sponsored) sections can still be moderated by the forum, but then the companies will be free to promote their services as they see fit. The paid (sponsored) sections can bring steady monthly revenues for the forum in addition to the banner ads which I believe many companies are going to continue to use even when they have their own section as it doubles their exposure on the forum.

Another advantage of having paid (sponsored) sections on the forum is that because of the extra revenue that is generated here the forum won't have to raise the membership fees for regular domainers as much.

Also because these are paid sections they won't have to be buried out of sight the way the current promotional section is and can be put right after the Industry news section so everyone can find them easily.

PS: notice that I didn't mention any specific company here as I believe that having paid (sponsored) sections will be of benefit to all the different companies in the domain Industry that want to be more active on the forum as from what we have witnessed being active on the forum and being always available to help domainers with their questions and problems can do a lot of good for everyone involved.

IMO

•••
Rob is spamming this forum for a few months now
and the only proper way to promote a business permanently here
is paying for ads

he is not even shy to mention all the service / products he wants to promote via ads
in an answer to this thread

you may like it or not
but as matter of fact
he is taking advantage of older rules
that were not prepared for such a behavior from
a CEO of a company

he is doing it in a way that the rules
can't stop him

when you like him for that
you are welcome

I don't

Last edited:
•••
People think I hate him. I don't.

It's great that he shares his knowledge with members here but there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between sharing knowledge and PROMOTING HIS Company.

He spams anyway he can even in this thread and the amazing thing is the MOD HERE LIKED His post (Mod Team Bravo)?????
Rob Monster was finally getting a temporary Ban from here for a couple of days but he never changed when the ban was lifted.

It's ok to promote but it should be in the right section. Not everywhere.
This is the first time a CEO from a Registrar Company received a temp BAN because SPAMMING.
He may have some mental problem:
- The only CEO discussed Religion in a public forum
- The only CEO discussed Politic in a public forum
- The only CEO never stopped spamming and promoting everywhere. Even going to another forum and BEGGING to promote without paying in the Advertise section.

•••

It's great that he shares his knowledge with members here but there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between sharing knowledge and PROMOTING HIS Company.

He spams anyway he can even in this thread and the amazing thing is the MOD HERE LIKED His post (Mod Team Bravo)?????
Rob Monster was finally getting a temporary Ban from here for a couple of days but he never changed when the ban was lifted.

This is the first time a CEO from a Registrar Company received a temp BAN because SPAMMING.
- The only CEO never stopped spamming and promoting everywhere. Even going to another forum and BEGGING to promote without paying in the Advertise section.

is a CEO of a company discussing religion and Politics. in a public forum politically incorrect or something ??

How would you describe this behavior from a CEO of a company as being wrong??

•••
He spams anyway he can even in this thread
I admit that after @Rob Monster started to frequently post here @ NP, my first impression was "too many Epik". However, after some time I understood that, actually, it is lack of participation by other registrars. Which made me think (initially) that we have too many Epik-related things and posts. What Rob does is fine (if posted in corrrect part of the forum). Any registrar or marketlace should do the same - post in different threads, promote their services, help members etc. So we'll have healthy competition...

By the way, there is a very useful feature @ NP - ignore button. If I do not want to see posts from a particular member - it can be done in seconds. And the life will become easier :)

•••

That's really a bit much....

My mind is working just fine. It is unfortunate that people feel the need to be politically correct, and not express their views and values. In my experience, familiarity breeds trust.

As I have stated elsewhere, I am content to be loved by a few rather than tolerated by many. We have no aspirations to be the biggest. If it works out that way, great.

Upon reflection, it might be that, at times, I am just too direct for your taste. Coincidentally, fellow Dutchman, @franka46 shared this gem with me last week:

upload_2020-1-9_9-45-1.png

So mostly I think this is cultural difference combined with a bit of evangelistic enthusiasm when it comes to sharing a vision for taking the domain industry to a higher level.

Lord-willing, more on that in a forthcoming post about what to expect from Epik in 2020. It is a sponsored post so it will have a lot of links to products so just giving you a heads-up.

•••

Johnn, I won't judge you for your lack of perspective in this comment. But promoting one's efforts to improve people's lives is exactly what a company does, in essence. Creating, arranging, and deploying collection of processes, tools, and products to help others is the highest honor any individual can undertake.

The rest of your commentary includes ad-hominem fallacies and a deep desire to confine one's free speech to a degree that suits your own narrow perspective. There is nothing less appealing to me personally than someone trying to limit mine or someone else's speech for any categorical reason.

You dislike change, competition, and options. It's best you move out the way here. The issue of advertising has been addressed to the satisfaction of most of the people (including the mods) participating in the productive conversations. It is self evident by the number of people countering your arguments with reason and evidence.

After visiting your own site, I remembered one quote by a favorite author:
“Slavery, protection, and monopoly find defenders, not only in those who profit by them, but in those who suffer by them.” ― Frédéric Bastiat

Focus on yourself, Johnn. You have a lot of work to do.

•••
How much did Rob pay you? You are blindly support him without reading the contents.

Some of your posts regarding Epik is making me wonder if someone is paying you.

Maybe the mental problem is more yours.

•••
I believe it's best to think of a solution for this situation instead of engaging in personal attacks and hate speech.

Everyone here should work towards coming up with a constructive, fair, and practical solution for this situation, but to let this thread to deteriorate any further is going to be harmful to the integrity of everyone involved including the forum itself.

IMO

•••
That's really a bit much....

My mind is working just fine. It is unfortunate that people feel the need to be politically correct, and not express their views and values. In my experience, familiarity breeds trust.

As I have stated elsewhere, I am content to be loved by a few rather than tolerated by many. We have no aspirations to be the biggest. If it works out that way, great.

Upon reflection, it might be that, at times, I am just too direct for your taste. Coincidentally, fellow Dutchman, @franka46 shared this gem with me last week:

Show attachment 141043

So mostly I think this is cultural difference combined with a bit of evangelistic enthusiasm when it comes to sharing a vision for taking the domain industry to a higher level.

Lord-willing, more on that in a forthcoming post about what to expect from Epik in 2020. It is a sponsored post so it will have a lot of links to products so just giving you a heads-up.

you may speak as open-minded as you like, Rob

unless you support each output of your mind with links to the related service of your company, I guess nobody will complain other than he thinks differently.

•••
Johnn, I won't judge you for your lack of perspective in this comment. But promoting one's efforts to improve people's lives is exactly what a company does, in essence.

there is a (not so much ) fine line between promotion / teaching
and spamming

here you seem to lack perspective this time, Dan.

•••
Everyone here should work towards coming up with a constructive, fair, and practical solution for this situation

the most fair and practical situation I see is
"Rob stop spamming"

•••
and to speak out clearly,
I feel no hate
and I don't think I post hate posts
against Rob or epik

I just think this is a community of domainers
who want to engage with another

and not Robs playground

( I have no idea if I would like him as a person, but some facts speak against it,
as he is supporting Holocaust deniers and
he believes in all kind of strange ideas
-the stranger the better-
but honestly it doesn't concern me at all )

for all of you who blindly worship him
I do hope there will be no rude awakening for you and your domains

Last edited:
•••
I'm wondering in what way this thread is supposed to be contributing to this forum...

•••
So, Frank, that's 4 posts from you in one thread within a span of just 5 minutes. Remind me again, who is spamming the forum? I forgot.

Seriously though, be happy the mods have another funding source since I am going to guess that Epik will contribute more to their budget in 1 month than you will in your lifetime.

•••
for all of you who blindly worship him
I do hope there will be no rude awakening for you and your domains

That's why it's important to have a constructive, respectful, and fair atmosphere not only in this forum, but at the blogs and the domain Industry at large that way clear and fair minded members of the domain community can protect someone like Rob from unfair attacks, the same as they would protect the members here in case there was some kind of a rude awakening as you say.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Why do people hate on Rob? he's an amazing addition to the forum and Epik is great.
Chill and focus on important things.

•••

Last edited:
•••
not just paying for the banner slots, EPIK also have 1$ .com promo, along with some upgraded feature on their end such marketplace, escrow, country ambassador etc. I assume @Rob Monster and his team were put all of their focus and effort to develop their brand and market
I think that promo was in the past, not active any more...

•••
Ok, so check this out, Rob Monster and myself spoke by phone a while back, keep in mind , I don’t have one single domain name or have ever paid for any service from Epik, to this very minute we have yet to do any business what so ever, so we spoke by phone, had a very nice brief conversation , guess what? Rob never once mentioned Epik or I should move my portfolios to Epik, should try out Epik, we did not even discuss domaining at all.

Rob isn’t spamming these forums , he gives his opinion, he does introduce his products into forum threads , but the product or product is totally on topic to thread post, and is comparison of a program Epik offers with comparison to the subject product or source that is being discussed in thread. And check it out, he is most usually right about the Epik product being superior to the name product in the thread being discussed, like NameInvestors, I love it, it is completely free. I am very very glad I was introduced to it, again, it doesn’t cost a penny.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, so check this out, Rob Monster and myself spoke by phone a while back, keep in mind , I don’t have one single domain name or have ever paid for any service from Epik, to this very minute we have yet to do any business what so ever, so we spoke by phone, had a very nice brief conversation , guess what? Rob never once mentioned Epik or I should move my portfolios to Epik, should try out Epik, we did not even discuss domaining at all.

Rob isn’t spamming these forums , he gives his opinion, he does introduce his products into forum threads , but the product or product is totally on topic to thread post, and is comparison of a program Epik offers with comparison to the subject product or source that is being discussed in thread.

Thanks for that.

If I do link to an Epik product, it is in context or in some way relevant to thread.

And yes, there is more to life than domaining -- for most it is a means to an end.

ICYMI:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/so...at-do-domain-names-have-to-do-with-it.1161411

Anyway, let's keep making the pie bigger for everyone. That's my goal in 2020. Along the way, we'll also work to give back to the enabling utilities like NamePros who depend on sponsors.

•••
I just can't understand why everyone can't be happy here, after all if the domain Industry is made to be thriving that is going to benefit everyone.

IMO

•••
Thanks for that.

If I do link to an Epik product, it is in context or in some way relevant to thread.

And yes, there is more to life than domaining -- for most it is a means to an end.

ICYMI:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/so...at-do-domain-names-have-to-do-with-it.1161411

Anyway, let's keep making the pie bigger for everyone. That's my goal in 2020. Along the way, we'll also work to give back to the enabling utilities like NamePros who depend on sponsors.

I was trying to stay out of this thread but then the repeated nonsense.

First, yes, you have been spamming this forum. Why do you think your account was restricted? You posted the screenshot at the other forum. Restricted 15-30%. You literally drop 8 links over there, spamming them as well.

You have a bunch of people, as usual, hop in the thread talking about other stuff that has nothing to do with the spamming. The other stuff is great, just..............stop spamming the forum.

That means don't hop in threads continually linking to other threads or your products where they're not supposed to me. You can try to argue that you're not except you've had many threads moved, and again, you have your account restricted for spamming.

This is the nonsense I'm talking about:

"Along the way, we'll also work to give back to the enabling utilities like NamePros who depend on sponsors."

which you're repeated many times now, so obviously you're trying to get the message in that NP is somehow dependent on you.

That would paid memberships from members here. Which could decrease if it becomes a Spam Fest.

The other thread I mentioned you keep mentioning Alexa because you wanted to take credit for the growth, told me I was wrong but the other forum:

"I am pretty sure that Epik ended up playing a meaningful role in the growth of NP during 2019"

A chunk of that conversation had nothing to do with domaining and it still just shows toolbar growth.

So again, the problem isn't your products, or that you're active or some of the other stuff people have posted. You know exactly what the problem is, you just want a pass on it. Hence you mentioning the money you're spending on advertising, many times now. Look at the money I spend here, look at the Alexa growth, look at my likes. So let me be. Well, the rules are for everybody, they should be across the board.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back